• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

Phoenix Wright to be banned from all tournaments. First ever Marvel character to be banned.

Takes the whole "does not let you play" thing quite literally.

Akuma:
+Raging Demon now does 900,000 damage. This is obscene. There's no legitimate reason for Akuma to have this.

C. Viper:
-EX moves can no longer be canceled into one another. What's the problem with this? She spends a bar to cancel thunder knuckle. Big deal.

Dr. Strange:
+Eye of Agamotto and Daggers of Denak no longer make him prone until landing.Definitely no. This is vanilla phoenix tech.

Haggar:
+c.H can now be canceled into a roll on the first frame of recovery; full invincibility until recovery. How is this different from just making it a normal tech roll?

Morrigan:
+Vector Drain air OK. No way, she's fine as it is. She doesn't need to be better at air grabs than Thor. She's already buffed by quadrupling the tracking assists in the game.

Nemesis:
+Fatal Mutation now has full invincibility and grabs in a 360 degree circle; places opponent in a crumple state; startup time reduced to 10 frames. Again, this is obscene. Why does Nemesis get a command grab that grabs aerial and grounded opponents. There's no good reason for this.

Phoenix:
*Multiple Dark Phoenix characters are now distinguishable on-screen.+Dark Phoenix health drain rate reduced.Not in favor of health drain reduction. Tension is the name of her game.

Spider-man:
-Web Glide can no longer be block canceled. Not broken, no need to fix. This is Spider-sense.

Strider:
+df.H now cancelable into Formation B. The reason 3H isn't cancelable is because it's a lightning bolt. It's already the best slide in the game. This will add a whole layer of brainlessness to Strider.

Zero:
-Soft knockdown on Raikousen removed; minimum hitstun remains high; Lightning Loops still possible. Needs clarification. If the hitstun is so high loops are still possible what's the point of removing soft knockdown?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";74777647]Akuma:
+Raging Demon now does 900,000 damage. This is obscene. There's no legitimate reason for Akuma to have this.
[/QUOTE]
Make it cost 5 bars :p

Vice

Why not just let Akuma follow up a Raging Demon instead of making it do 900k? A one hit KO super on half the cast seems a bit ridiculous.

Zissou

C. Viper:
-EX moves can no longer be canceled into one another. What's the problem with this? She spends a bar to cancel thunder knuckle. Big deal.

Dr. Strange:
+Eye of Agamotto and Daggers of Denak no longer make him prone until landing.Definitely no. This is vanilla phoenix tech.

Haggar:
+c.H can now be canceled into a roll on the first frame of recovery; full invincibility until recovery. How is this different from just making it a normal tech roll?

Morrigan:
+Vector Drain air OK. No way, she's fine as it is. She doesn't need to be better at air grabs than Thor. She's already buffed by quadrupling the tracking assists in the game.

Nemesis:
+Fatal Mutation now has full invincibility and grabs in a 360 degree circle; places opponent in a crumple state; startup time reduced to 10 frames. Again, this is obscene. Why does Nemesis get a command grab that grabs aerial and grounded opponents. There's no good reason for this.

Phoenix:
*Multiple Dark Phoenix characters are now distinguishable on-screen.+Dark Phoenix health drain rate reduced.Not in favor of health drain reduction. Tension is the name of her game.

Spider-man:
-Web Glide can no longer be block canceled. Not broken, no need to fix. This is Spider-sense.

Strider:
+df.H now cancelable into Formation B. The reason 3H isn't cancelable is because it's a lightning bolt. It's already the best slide in the game. This will add a whole layer of brainlessness to Strider.

Zero:
-Soft knockdown on Raikousen removed; minimum hitstun remains high; Lightning Loops still possible. Needs clarification. If the hitstun is so high loops are still possible what's the point of removing soft knockdown?[/QUOTE]

Akuma change was a half-joke- I'm not sure who even originally suggested it. Of the level 3 hypers that can't be comboed into, only raging demon doesn't allow for a follow-up. You could fix this by making it crumple and then allowing a combo afterward, but that would work out to be even better than just doing raw damage up front, IMO. Having raging demon do an absurd amount of damage is cool and fits marvel. It's already a very difficult move to land.

I kind of agree with what you're saying about Strange. I also don't know why Morrigan needs air vector drain, especially if she gets potential follow-ups with air soul fists. I agree that a command grab hitting both air and ground is a bit absurd. I'm cool with reducing Dark Phoenix's health drain a bit since x-factor is being nerfed, so non-xf dark pheonix needs a small boost. I don't have strong feelings about the Spider-man change one way or the other.

Dahbomb

The Akuma Raging Demon thing is a joke.

It should be 1,500,000 damage.

Characters will definitely get a second look, the Spider Man change is already a heavy contested change as it is.

As far as Zero goes, the soft knockdown change was going to happen no matter what. It allowed him to convert from near full screen (regardless of height) zoning into a full combo which is just quite unfair and he never had something like that before minus Buster (which is only one angle, Lightning covers multiple angles). Karst thinks that Lightning Loops should still be doable and since we are nerfing special scaling they are going to be doing like 250K damage. I am indifferent on this.

We should really solidify the system changes already, we are stuck on one change. It should've been decided by the 3/4 vote already.

The Akuma Raging Demon thing is a joke.

It should be 1,500,000 damage.

Characters will definitely get a second look, the Spider Man change is already a heavy contested change as it is.

As far as Zero goes, the soft knockdown change was going to happen no matter what. It allowed him to convert from near full screen (regardless of height) zoning into a full combo which is just quite unfair and he never had something like that before minus Buster (which is only one angle, Lightning covers multiple angles). Karst thinks that Lightning Loops should still be doable and since we are nerfing special scaling they are going to be doing like 250K damage. I am indifferent on this.

We should really solidify the system changes already, we are stuck on one change. It should've been decided by the 3/4 vote already.

For Raging Demon to really be balanced it has to kill every character by itself but let's not go overboard. I think 1.4 mil damage is a more appropriate number.

Put Rare Akuma in Marvel

Rare Akuma is a bitch.

omega_tom_hankscxuks.gif

We should add a crumple state to Haggar's level 3.

Game mechanic discussion will conclude this evening. If Zissou is not persuaded by the end of the evening, the 3/4 rule will preside, and we will move on.

We have 50 characters to go through. So let's make it bearable by going in series of 10 for approval. The first 10:

Akuma
Amaterasu
Arthur
Captain America
Chris
Chun-li
C. Viper
Dante
Deadpool
Dr. Doom

As with before, Y/N votes; N votes require an explanation of what is not a good change.

+Raging Demon now does 900,000 damage. This is obscene. There's no legitimate reason for Akuma to have this.[/quote]
Do you think it should be higher?

C. Viper:
Invincible moves that lead to full combos shouldn't also be made safe for a bar.

Dr. Strange:
I plan on voting this out - I'd like to hear other opinions.

Haggar:
I will change the wording.

Morrigan:
Tracking assists don't help Morrigan like you think they do. It's only assists with particular properties.

And Morrigan is not going to be better at air grabs than Thor. He gets full combos off of his command grabs.

Nemesis:
It's an interesting addition that makes him unique. He's very grapple-oriented.

Phoenix:
Health increase means some changes are needed to her. She's still plenty tense. I would consider removing this change, but I need a better argument than that.

Spider-man:
I've been over this many times: it's way too good.

Strider:
I should add only on block.

Zero:
-Soft knockdown on Raikousen removed; minimum hitstun remains high; Lightning Loops still possible. Needs clarification. If the hitstun is so high loops are still possible what's the point of removing soft knockdown?
MINIMUM hitstun remains high. Not hitstun.

Giving Akuma a fatal ko is a terrible, terrible idea. You can punish plasma beam from half screen with the demon.

Invincible moves that lead to full combos shouldn't also be made safe for a bar.
You mean like DHCing out of Bionic Arm?

It's an interesting addition that makes him unique. He's very grapple-oriented.
It's not interesting, it's dumb. It's a guaranteed reset for three bars that leads into another full combo. You can't even call it grappling.

I should add only on block.
Then what's the point? He can only follow it up with assists or x-factor anyway, that wouldn't add anything to his game.

I've been over this many times: it's way too good.
I seriously doubt that.

MINIMUM hitstun remains high. Not hitstun.
So again, how is this a nerf? What can he not do now that he could before?

My votes:

Akuma - Y

Amaterasu - N; maybe Divine Instruments should cause a crumple state?; Thunder Edge +1 on block should read Thunder Edge L; should we let her air dash backward like the change we made to Chun-li?

Arthur - Y

Captain America - N; I know Dahbomb wants to talk about a Cartwheel change

Chris - N; ambiguity in the cancelable hyper change; it could sound like these hyper cancel into s.S, which is not what I mean - thoughts on how to reword it?

Chun-li - N; "Shichisei Ranka now air OK" - this needs another change, I think; all of our level 3s are either being given utility or post-combo follow-up. This should cause a crumple state; EX Spinning Bird Kick should probably be a little less safe on block - I vote that we change it back to -6 but make it hyper cancelable; I don't see the point of Spinning Bird Kick negating pushblock

C. Viper - N; Her level 3 needs to cause a post-hyper crumple state to be brought in line with other level 3s

Dante - Y

Deadpool - Y

Doom - N; I am against the j.S nerfs.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";74857479]Giving Akuma a fatal ko is a terrible, terrible idea. You can punish plasma beam from half screen with the demon.[/quote]
Level 3s are getting buffed across the board. Every level 3 should either have:
1) Excellent neutral utility (For the Princess); OR:
2) Post-combo follow-up (Devil Must Die); OR:
3) Very high damage

900K won't kill most of the case right off with this change. Plus, you have to consider Akuma's meter options: when is it better to Raging Demon instead of Messatsu-Goshoryu? Almost never. Messatsu-Gohado Ungyo is his main meter expenditure of choice, and it deals 312,000 damage. Why the hell would anyone burn 3 bars for 500,000 instead of 3 bars for 936,000? The damage should be roughly comparable due to his moveset. I am open to reducing it from 900,000, but it does need a substantial increase.

Also, you can't make arguments like "Hurrr it's spider sense so he should be able to block while air dashing" but not accept "It's the goddamn Raging Demon, it destroys your soul!"

You mean like DHCing out of Bionic Arm?
That requires a team reconfiguration; very different.

It's not interesting, it's dumb. It's a guaranteed reset for three bars that leads into another full combo. You can't even call it grappling.
If it grabs, it's a grapple. The startup is 10 frames to make it less able to catch people. Most grab hypers are 4.

Then what's the point? He can only follow it up with assists or x-factor anyway, that wouldn't add anything to his game.
It makes the slide safe.

I seriously doubt that.

So again, how is this a nerf? What can he not do now that he could before?[/QUOTE]

Frantic

I should mention that when I suggested the change, I meant to have Strider's slide cancelable only into Formation B(Shot), not Formation B as a whole. It'd basically just make it similar to his specials where he gets a one-time cancel and is required to safely activate Formation B again before he can use it again.

I'll go over the characters soon. I've been pretty busy, so I haven't really gotten around to doing it.

Dahbomb

That's unfair considering every other character can do it too... ie. Bionic Arm into safe DHC. Besides EX Seismo is safe as it is, this really only concerns EX TK.

I am not against Viper having chainable/cancelable EX moves. That's a potential 2 meter deficit if they both get blocked.

I also want to vote out Dr Strange's change. At first I was OK with it because he really needed something like that but he got a bunch of other buffs so he can definitely live without this.

I am also against Nemesis having a LVL3 grab that grabs both aerial and grounded target. That's just way too good especially if it leads into a full combo. You can pretty much make a set up that can't be gotten out of with it.

You already know my stance on Spider Man.

As far as the new characters go:

Viper - No need to change LVL3, just give her the chainable EX moves back. Her LVL3 is redundant, even if you made it good it will not be used over EX moves. The best buff you can give her is removing the LVL3 altogether!

Akuma - We should have a serious talk over Raging Demon.

Amaterasu - No more buffs to LVL3s especially hers. It already hits overhead... that's unique enough! And no back dash on her.

Chun Li - Having an air OK LVL3 is utility enough. Also the point of SBK negating push block is for set ups with assists, I already told you how it would be way more useful than what the move currently does. Indifferent on new frame data for EX SBK.

Dante - Revert the Hammer buff, no need for it.

Captain America - 5 frame reduction on Recovery, 5 frame increase on invincibility for Roll.

Doom - Still 100% for the j.S nerf. I don't care if Doom is the worst character in the game, that j.S is getting nerfed.

That's unfair considering every other character can do it too... ie. Bionic Arm into safe DHC. Besides EX Seismo is safe as it is, this really only concerns EX TK.

I am not against Viper having chainable/cancelable EX moves. That's a potential 2 meter deficit if they both get blocked.

I also want to vote out Dr Strange's change. At first I was OK with it because he really needed something like that but he got a bunch of other buffs so he can definitely live without this.

I am also against Nemesis having a LVL3 grab that grabs both aerial and grounded target. That's just way too good especially if it leads into a full combo. You can pretty much make a set up that can't be gotten out of with it.

You already know my stance on Spider Man.

As far as the new characters go:

Viper - No need to change LVL3, just give her the chainable EX moves back. Her LVL3 is redundant, even if you made it good it will not be used over EX moves. The best buff you can give her is removing the LVL3 altogether!

Akuma - We should have a serious talk over Raging Demon.

Amaterasu - No more buffs to LVL3s especially hers. It already hits overhead... that's unique enough! And no back dash on her.

Chun Li - Having an air OK LVL3 is utility enough. Also the point of SBK negating push block is for set ups with assists, I already told you how it would be way more useful than what the move currently does. Indifferent on new frame data for EX SBK.

Dante - Revert the Hammer buff, no need for it.

Captain America - 5 frame reduction on Recovery, 5 frame increase on invincibility for Roll.

Doom - Still 100% for the j.S nerf. I don't care if Doom is the worst character in the game, that j.S is getting nerfed.
Vote, then discuss.

And a level 3 that hits overhead doesn't mean shit, and C. Viper is not getting chainable EX moves back.

Ghazi

Hulk is an annoying piece of shit.

"Hey, hey, hey let's sit full screen and spam Gamma Wave with Hidden Missiles and Sentinel Drones. Fuck doing anything else, super armor's got me covered, I can bait them in and if they hit me so what, they get hit by rockets and I get a free combo"

DERP FUCKING MLG PLAY I'M SO GOOD.

Gamma Wave doesn't have armor.

He'd stop doing it when I'd get close and do the down punch/fists thing Hulk has

"Hey, hey, hey let's sit full screen and spam Gamma Wave with Hidden Missiles and Sentinel Drones. Fuck doing anything else, super armor's got me covered, I can bait them in and if they hit me so what, they get hit by rockets and I get a free combo"

Gamma Wave doesn't have armor.

Fuck yeah, go Hulk.

Who do you use?

Dahbomb

Akuma - N, Raging Demon
Amaterasu - Y
Arthur - Y
Captain America - N, Backflip
Chris - N, Overhead and M/H Grenades
Chun-li - Y
C. Viper - N, Chainable EX moves
Dante - N, Hammer buff
Deadpool - Y
Dr. Doom - Y

Some of these characters need their frame data looked at again though. I may have a Y on some of them but they still need proper frame data tweaking because we messed with their recoveries. Every time you mess with a move's recovery you have to adjust hit stun on it as well to make sure you don't get infinites or loops.

Akuma - N, Raging Demon
Amaterasu - Y
Arthur - Y
Chun-li - Y
Dante - N, Hammer buff
Deadpool - Y
Dr. Doom - Y

Some of these characters need their frame data looked at again though. I may have a Y on some of them but they still need proper frame data tweaking because we messed with their recoveries. Every time you mess with a move's recovery you have to adjust hit stun on it as well to make sure you don't get infinites or loops.
Remember, votes may not be changed once made unless the character undergoes changes. Don't put a "Y" if you intend to look at frame data tweaks later. That should be a "N" from you.

Dahbomb

The frame data changes mean I don't want those changes taken out, just tweaked to make sense mathematically.

Like for example I am fine with Katanarama getting more hit stun but this has to be properly defined. Or more specifically, Arthur getting 10 recovery taken off on Scythe Toss. This now makes his advantage on hit +12 and his advantage on block +9.

The frame data changes mean I don't want those changes taken out, just tweaked to make sense mathematically.

Like for example I am fine with Katanarama getting more hit stun but this has to be properly defined.
Then it should be a "N" because you don't like the current wording. You feel it lacks detail, etc.

The Y/N vote is for whether you are okay with the current changes 100% in their current form. Any chance at all requires a N. Look at my list, for example; I have a "N" just because I'm not sure a Chris change is being conveyed properly.

Dahbomb

Then in that case I am a N from everything except Amaterasu and that's only because I don't know much about the character's frame data or inner working to know if any of those changes would cause unforeseen problems.

Then in that case I am a N from everything except Amaterasu and that's only because I don't know much about the character's frame data or inner working to know if any of those changes would cause unforeseen problems.
Please re-vote and specify your grievances, then. If you need a day to figure out frame data stuff, that is fine.

I'm a top tier whore: Jill/Dante/Vergil, which is probably bad.

I wanted to learn to play Jill/Iron Man/ Strider but I gave up after a week.

Yea from experience Jill can't do shit against Hulk. Everybody knows Hulk/Sentinal is one of the most annoying setups. The only thing I can think of with that team setup is to try to THC on reaction when you get two bars and then after machine gun spray combo go for an X-Factor kill combo.

Yea from experience Jill can't do shit against Hulk. Everybody knows Hulk/Sentinal is one of the most annoying setups. The only thing I can think of with that team setup is to try to THC on reaction when you get two bars and then after machine gun spray combo go for an X-Factor kill combo.
Hulk/Sentinel is 100% free to Morrigan because c.L goes under the drones and hits 2 times, destroying armor. :-D

Uh, you aren't on the committee anymore. You said "Put me down for a Y on every character", so I PMed all of the committee members, and it was agreed to proceed with 4. I even responded to your post asking if anyone wants to replace you, and you did not raise an eyebrow. This was done because putting down a "Y" for everyone is the same as not being here, as 4/5 and 3/4 are the same thing when one vote is guaranteed in a 4/5 system. Your feedback is appreciated, though.
I said that I was busy and couldn't contribute since it seemed like you were trying to push through the votes quickly. But I finished my finals and you guys seemed to be in the same position so I made the effort to contribute again. I didn't say anything about your statement because I didn't read it until yesterday. I glanced at the thread once and saw a post about hawkeye and vergil. That's it.

I'm not going to get petty about the tone of that post anyway, I'm fine with leaving the thread. I don't own the game, and I don't want to spend too much time worrying about games I don't play.

Dahbomb

You don't need to leave the thread but if you want to have an impact on the voting then you need to be more involved in the discussion. You are right in that we didn't make much progress since you went on hiatus.

Your first task should be coming up with arguments on super jump assist call after recovery. I mean we basically spent a whole week on that so might as well have more input on it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";74910211]I said that I was busy and couldn't contribute since it seemed like you were trying to push through the votes quickly. But I finished my finals and you guys seemed to be in the same position so I made the effort to contribute again. I didn't say anything about your statement because I didn't read it until yesterday. I glanced at the thread once and saw a post about hawkeye and vergil. That's it.

I'm not going to get petty about the tone of that post anyway, I'm fine with leaving the thread. I don't own the game, and I don't want to spend too much time worrying about games I don't play.[/QUOTE]
Woah woah, I was pushing? Dahbomb is the pushy committee member when it comes to votes getting made, not me. I hope we can all agree to that, since I consistently post things like "Take a few days to think about it", and he continually posts things like "We've spent enough time talking about this".

I had "a tone" in my post because I don't like you dropping out and coming back willy-nilly after you already started out not taking this seriously. Especially after you already tried to bail and then decided you wanted to stay because you want to work on keeping your word. If you would have just said "I need to focus on finals for a few days", I would have said "cool, no worries". That would have been the end of it, because I'm not in a huge rush to get this out - I want it all done right. And that means taking time to figure things out and letting people put IRL stuff first when it's needed.

That all being said, if you can absolutely promise me on something you strongly value that you are 100% back and will give this discussion the attention, respect, and attitude that it deserves, I'll reinstate you as a committee member. Please don't do it on a whim, though. If you think you might drop out again a week from now, just stay out. All I ask is that you join or leave with sincerity.

Regardless, you of course do not have to leave the thread. That's silly.

shaowebb

So whats the deal with this "committee" anyway? Are you guys sending your final voted change log ideas to Capcom or something?

So whats the deal with this "committee" anyway? Are you guys sending your final voted change log ideas to Capcom or something?
I plan on sending it to / posting it on:
Shoryuken.com
GameFAQs
Capcom (various Twitter accounts)
Capcom-Unity.com
Viscant
ShadyK
UltraDavid

If anyone wants to add to that list, let me know.

Dahbomb

We are going to send our final changes to everyone (but yea to Capcom too).

The committee thing is something we created ourselves to sort of check and balance ourselves. No point in giving out a changelog created by one or two people but putting out a changelog constructed by like 20-30 people is also not that great because we can hardly even agree on some stuff among 5 people.

It's just a system created for order. Same goes for some of the rules for this whole thing.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I plan on sending it to / posting it on:
Shoryuken.com
GameFAQs
Capcom (various Twitter accounts)
Capcom-Unity.com
Viscant
ShadyK
UltraDavid

If anyone wants to add to that list, let me know.

Bill Murray.

Zissou

Level 3s are getting buffed across the board. Every level 3 should either have:
1) Excellent neutral utility (For the Princess); OR:
2) Post-combo follow-up (Devil Must Die); OR:
3) Very high damage

Clearly Doom's blender needs an upgrade :p
I am half serious! It's his only invincible option and it's impossible even with assists or x-factor cancelling to follow up :(

...Anyway- voting!

Akuma - N, let's talk about raging demon some more. I understand what GB is saying about it being able to punish a beam from half screen, but if you try to do that, the opponent can probably spend two bars and avoid it. I.e., if he tries to punish my point Doom's plasma beam, I can hyper cancel in sphere flame and DHC into Dante's devil trigger and jump out of the way in time and Akuma is still left at a net meter disadvantage AND could be punished by me.

Amaterasu - N, not sure about allowing meter building during veil of mist. DHCing slow super into something like astral vision could get absurd. You can already be juggled for 50% life by soul fists, and mixing in soul drains (which might work during veil of mist) things could get out of hand.

Arthur - Y

Captain America - Y

Chris - N, I don't think the prone position change is necessary. It's already an effective move in some situations and is difficult for certain characters to deal with.

Chun-li - N, not sure why she needs her cr.L to hit low. Her up close game is already really fast and difficult to block and cr.M hits low and is only two frames slower than her cr.L anyway.

C. Viper - N, not sure about taking away cancelling ex moves into each other. Like others have said, you can make bionic arm safe by spending a bar for the DHC, so what's the difference? I'd rather her scaling be further nerfed- even reducing special max scaling from 30% to 20% her damage is still really high.

Dante - Y

Deadpool - Y

Dr. Doom - N, I still think footdive is fine and I don't understand why molecular shield assist is being changed from the M to the H version. What was the explanation on that?

Akuma - N, Raging Demon
Amaterasu - Y
Arthur - Y
Chun-li - Y
Dante - N, Hammer buff
Deadpool - Y
Dr. Doom - Y

What's wrong with the hammer buff? You can be hit or grabbed out of it's start-up pretty easily. It's dumb that you can often be whiff punished for using it as well. Can you explain your other objections in more detail?

Dahbomb, it occurs to me that there are a lot of grievances, and it's difficult for me to keep track of those and the votes. Would you be so kind as to keep track of everyone's issues with each particular character change list? That way we can list it all out at once.

Edit: I'm not entirely opposed to buffing Doom's level 3.

Dahbomb

A 6 frame low on a primarily rushdown character is not really all that great unless it's chainable. Makes it easier to up back against. Cap is not even a rushdown character primarily and he has a 4 frame cr.L. Would make Chun Li a bigger threat up close like she should be, it's not that easy to get in with her.

I'm a bit busy right now but I will explain stuff more later.

Top Bottom