• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

shaowebb

• fill espresso maker to full line and add full caraffe of water
  • take the quadruple shot of espresso and add to a large plastic el cheapo walmart cup
  • 3 level spoons o sugar
  • dealers choice from my wall of syrups (got at least a dozen Tarani and several dozen blends of coffee!)
  • stir and fill glass to top with 2% milk
  • fill another el cheapo cup with ice
  • pour over ice and enjoy double shot iced coffee. I have everything from highlander grogg to coconut whitechocolate caramel macchiato

I make starbucks cry.

onionfrog

Fill mug with water, microwave mug.
Add instant coffee mix.
--->
COFFEE... Not really, but its good enough to start the day.

Makes me wish our office had a coffee maker.

shaowebb

So I take it these coffee posts are equivalent to hard working folks congratulating themselves after debating out a patch log? :)

Zissou

Viper- seems like everyone is in agreement normal damage scaling nerfed to 15% or something, right? Still debating cancelling ex-moves into one another. I'm fine with that either way. I don't think it's especially busted as-is.

Cap- I'm fine with slightly buffing cartwheel.

Chris- I'm still opposed to buffing prone position related stuff. Otherwise, I'm fine with the changes. I guess Frantic agrees on prone position- not sure what others think.

Chun-li- I know I commented on the making cr.L a low being something I opposed, but if everybody else wants it, I don't care. I don't buy the logic of "what's the difference- it's only 2 frames faster than her cr.M." because if you're arguing there's no difference, then why include the change in the first place?

Dante- I still want the slight hammer buff. That move is buttholes. I don't care if we completely removed invincibility in exchange for a better hitbox and a few more active frames.

Ghazi

Viper- seems like everyone is in agreement normal damage scaling nerfed to 15% or something, right? Still debating cancelling ex-moves into one another. I'm fine with that either way. I don't think it's especially busted as-is.

Cap- I'm fine with slightly buffing cartwheel.

Chris- I'm still opposed to buffing prone position related stuff. Otherwise, I'm fine with the changes. I guess Frantic agrees on prone position- not sure what others think.

Chun-li- I know I commented on the making cr.L a low being something I opposed, but if everybody else wants it, I don't care. I don't buy the logic of "what's the difference- it's only 2 frames faster than her cr.M." because if you're arguing there's no difference, then why include the change in the first place?

Dante- I still want the slight hammer buff. That move is buttholes. I don't care if we completely removed invincibility in exchange for a better hitbox and a few more active frames.
Hmmm, needs more coffee

Suggested versions based on feedback. I think Dr. Doom and Chris are the two most controversial. Let's get the votes in and then we'll work on cementing those two. Doom really has one controversy: j.S. Dahbomb wants it nerfed, and Frantic and Zissou are wishy-washy. Chris has the prone position and overhead to consider.

Captain America:
+c.L is now +1 on block.
+j.d+H is now better for crossing up.
+j.u+H vertical hitbox increased.
+Final Justice invincible from frames 0-36; travels faster; allows for post-hyper combo follow-up through Shield Slash L OTG.
+Shield Slash blockstun increased slightly; grounded version causes more pushback on block on the first hit, and pulls the opponent in more on the second.
+Shield Slash L vertical hitbox reduced; now passes under some beams and projectiles.
+It is now easier for Captain America to combo off of his throws.
+Hyper Charging Star is now fully projectile invincible.
+Cartwheel now has invincibility from frames 1-18.

Assists: Shield Slash M, Charging Star H, Shield Slash L

Chun-li:
*Kikoanken input changed to hcf.S.
+Able to air dash backward.
+All THCs use Kikosho.
+Kikosho now hits OTG.
+All Kikoken projectiles now travel full screen; dash cancelable; only one may be on the screen at a time.
+Shichisei Ranka now air OK; now leaves opponents in a crumple state.
+EX Spinning Bird Kick now invincible from frames 1-20; causes a soft knockdown.
+Spinning Bird Kick (all versions) now negates pushblock; now -8/-5/-3 on block.
+c.L now hits low.

Assists: EX Spinning Bird Kick, Hyakuretsukyaku H, Kikoken L

C. Viper:
*C. Viper now flashes yellow when performing an EX attack.
-EX moves can no longer be canceled into one another.
-Minimum damage scaling on specials reduced to 20%.
-Minimum damage scaling on normals reduced to 15%.
-Optic Laser’s upper portion of its vertical hitbox decreased slightly.
-Focus Attack Level 3 now causes a significantly less hitstun on airborne opponents with a strike attribute, preventing follow-ups. Grounded hits are unchanged.

Assists: Thunder Knuckle H, Optic Laser, Burning Kick L

Dante:
+c.L startup reduced to 6 frames and can be chained into from s.L.
+Fireworks regains piercing ability.
+Hitstun values on all normals returned to Vanilla status; pushback remains the same as Ultimate.
+Drive now hyper cancelable during startup.
+The Hammer hitbox and active frames improved slightly; now always connects when used near the ground.
+c.M pushback on hit returned to Vanilla levels; active frames increased to 3.
-Can no longer block during Bold Move's initial frames.
-Helm Breaker’s hitbox near the hilt during descent reduced so that it no longer hits characters behind Dante.
-Devil Trigger invincibility frames removed.
-Jam Session pushback decreased slightly.

Assists: Weasel Shot, Jam Session, Crystal

Doctor Doom:
+Molecular Shield inputs can now be held to keep the shield active for more frames before releasing the rock; 30 frames max; startup decreased by 2 frames across the board; L version now -3 on block; M version now -1 on block; H version now +1 on block.
+Hidden Missiles is now dash and hyper cancelable.
+j.L hitbox improved so that it can hit small crouching characters while tri-dashing.
+Recovery after a forward air throw reduced slightly.
+j.f+H hitstun increased slightly.
-Hidden Missiles (assist): fires two fewer missiles; missiles which have not yet gained their tracking property fail to do so.
-Plasma Beam no longer appears behind the point character.
-j.S untechable time decreased slightly; still allows for full combos off of a non-dash-canceled j.S; posterior hitbox reduced slightly.
-Damage on normals reduced by 10% across the board.

Assists: Plasma Beam M, Molecular Shield H, Hidden Missiles

Chris:
*Grenade fires now dim significantly when the active frames have finished.
+Flamethrower vertical hitbox increased; slight upper body invincibility on assist version.
+s.S now cancels Chris’ Grenade Launcher and Satellite Laser hypers.
+Prone Position startup reduced to 5 frames; now hyper cancelable.
+Grenade Toss L +1 on block.
+Combination Punch follow-up inputs made more lenient.
+Stun Rod now hits overhead; startup increased to 24 frames.
+Gun Fire L grounded hitbox extended downwards; no longer whiffs up close.
-Flamethrower damage reduced to 120,000 maximum.

Assists: Gun Fire M, Grenade Toss H, Flamethrower

Really interesting reading about people's experiences in the game industry. I've entered the industry at the very bottom but even the duller days are infinitely superior to my old retail jobs. It's inspired me to polish my 3D work and learn programming languages so I can find a skilled job.

It seems very tough at the moment for many people though. I think this generation is going to see major industry growth, though.

On Doom's changes: I personally would advocate making the missiles still take the same amount of time to come out as all six currently do.

Really interesting reading about people's experiences in the game industry. I've entered the industry at the very bottom but even the duller days are infinitely superior to my old retail jobs. It's inspired me to polish my 3D work and learn programming languages so I can find a skilled job.

It seems very tough at the moment for many people though. I think this generation is going to see major industry growth, though.

On Doom's changes: I personally would advocate making the missiles still take the same amount of time to come out as all six currently do.
So you want the missiles to be delayed between each missile firing? That could open up tick throws, mix-ups, or just extend the blockstun period. I don't think that's a good idea.

So you want the missiles to be delayed between each missile firing? That could open up tick throws, mix-ups, or just extend the blockstun period. I don't think that's a good idea.

It could do, yes, but four fast missiles means that you're making the assist safer. Spacing the missiles gives more opportunity to hit Doo.

Ghazi

I think the fair thing to do is decrease the tracking on them, make them disappear on hit of Doom, and don't give them hitboxes for the first couple of frames as they're leaving the missile silo because they hit ridiculously fast even before they've full exited the silo.

Leave their speed the way it is, maybe decrease the size of their hitboxes too.

Dahbomb

missiles which have not yet gained their tracking property fail to do so.
This needs more clarification because this applies when Doom is hit as an assist. It's basically the #1 problem with the assist and this is supposed to be our solution to it so it should be more clear.
I think the fair thing to do is decrease the tracking on them, make them disappear on hit of Doom, and don't give them hitboxes for the first couple of frames as they're leaving the missile silo because they hit ridiculously fast even before they've full exited the silo.
Read the above statement again. We are going to make it more clear.

I have come to the conclusion regular Phoenix needs some more health...

Good games to you Prof. Beef. Now will you tell me how to stop falling for over heads against Joe? DX

Too many happy birthdays...

I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing.
My cousin was like this when Phoenix jumped in
tumblr_mj9cjc6MGg1ql1800o1_500.gif

Tirael

That's because you use a respectable team. If you used Zero or land a Lv3 with Wright and you'd see more rage mail. :p
Though once I reached higher ranks I see them less and less.
Do people that use Wright effectively really get a lot of rage mail? Wright winning is either their opponent failing to shut Wright down, skill on the Wright player's side, or a combination of the two.

Ghazi

This needs more clarification because this applies when Doom is hit as an assist. It's basically the #1 problem with the assist and this is supposed to be our solution to it so it should be more clear.

Read the above statement again. We are going to make it more clear.
Does that statement mean missiles that have yet to enter the screen after going off screen? If so, I could agree with that!

Also, damn I need to get this game on PS3 and experience some lobbies with GAF peeps. I mean, I barely have time to play sets with Guardian or others on XBL but I still do whenever I can.

Dahbomb

Does that statement mean missiles that have yet to enter the screen after going off screen? If so, I could agree with that!
It means that Missiles that are still going up will lose their tracking property if Doom is hit during that time. So they will just go straight up and never come down.

This means that Doom will never combo break you if you hit him early but if Missiles are active you would have to dodge some. Even then it's 2 less Missiles to dodge so combo breaking potential is greatly reduced but not completely removed.

Ghazi

It means that Missiles that are still going up will lose their tracking property if Doom is hit during that time. So they will just go straight up and never come down.

This means that Doom will never combo break you if you hit him early but if Missiles are active you would have to dodge some. Even then it's 2 less Missiles to dodge so combo breaking potential is greatly reduced but not completely removed.
Sweet! Even better!
Votes, gentlemen?
Yea

Sigmaah

Decided to switch Hawkeye with Task. He works a lot better with Dante/Vergil IMO.

Also, now I can TOD most chars with Dante as long as a I have 1 meter :D

Dante point is really fun!

What is there to vote on? You know my picks.

This is going extremely slow now.
Um, I posted altered changelists on this page for everyone to re-vote on:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=75660191&postcount=1363

I'm hoping that we can reach consensus on at least 3/5 of those by tomorrow.

If ever a change is made to a character, new votes have to be taken. Otherwise I'm assuming acceptance of those changes. So yes, everyone please vote it up and let's try to pick up the speed a bit. Chris and Doom are probably the most divisive.

Zissou

I forget which I voted on definitively, so I'll vote on each of the remaining six:
Cap: Y
Chun: Y
Viper: Y
Dante: Y
Doom: I'm still thinking. Part of me says "fuck the haters, leave j.S alone" and part of me says, "either we suggest a very small nerf (like how it is in the changelist now) or else Capcom might nerf the shit out of it." I'll probably end up voting yes, I just need a little more time accept j.S's fate :(
Chris: N- still disagree strongly with prone position buff.

Dahbomb

I vote Yes on everything except the following:

C Viper - Being able to EX cancel moves into another
Chris - Overhead change

Top Bottom