• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

I will give new frame data Hsien Ko and Ghost Rider in a bit.

And the Dorm changes were already discussed enough a while back. I am fine with those changes.

Hellfire New Frame Data:

Recovery: 14
Block Advantage: +4/+5 (depending on version)
Hit advantage: +5/+6

Basically we are reducing recovery by 4 frames and adding slightly more block stun.

Henkyo Ki New Frame Data:

Recovery: 20/22/26
Block Advantage: +4/0/-4
Hit advantage the same as before

In order to prevent infinites/loops you have to decrease hit stun by 10 frames. So you are reducing recovery AND hit stun. Capcom did the same for Smart Bombs going into Ultimate.

And yea Hell Spitfire needs another look at. Cutting start up and recovery in half makes it faster and safer than regular fireballs!

I will give new frame data Hsien Ko and Ghost Rider in a bit.

And the Dorm changes were already discussed enough a while back. I am fine with those changes.

Hellfire New Frame Data:

Recovery: 14
Block Advantage: +4/+5 (depending on version)
Hit advantage: +5/+6

Basically we are reducing recovery by 4 frames and adding slightly more block stun.

Henkyo Ki New Frame Data:

Recovery: 20/22/26
Block Advantage: +4/0/-4
Hit advantage the same as before

In order to prevent infinites/loops you have to decrease hit stun by 10 frames. So you are reducing recovery AND hit stun. Capcom did the same for Smart Bombs going into Ultimate.

And yea Hell Spitfire needs another look at. Cutting start up and recovery in half makes it faster and safer than regular fireballs!
It's safer than regular fireballs, but it also has nothing to do with regular fireballs, since it's not used in projectile wars. Hell Spitfire H, under these changes, will have three uses:
1) To spit on someone trying to go under you.
2) Throw OTG.
3) Damage extension late in a combo.

Dahbomb

If you are giving it soft knockdown plus fast start up and recovery that's opening it to infinites, even with the one fireball limit.

I like your other suggestion much better, improve start up slightly and have a better hit box so its easier to combo into after throws. No need for the move to have 10 frame recovery especially when it's also apparently causing soft knockdown.

If you are giving it soft knockdown plus fast start up and recovery that's opening it to infinites, even with the one fireball limit.

I like your other suggestion much better, improve start up slightly and have a better hit box so its easier to combo into after throws. No need for the move to have 10 frame recovery especially when it's also apparently causing soft knockdown.
The recovery doesn't matter for combo purposes, only for the neutral. Characters updated.

Dahbomb

Recovery always matters for combos although it may not for that move now that its soft knockdown.

And why does he need recovery improved when he is no longer going to be prone after it?

Recovery always matters for combos although it may not for that move now that its soft knockdown.

And why does he need recovery improved when he is no longer going to be prone after it?
The recovery doesn't matter except for corner OTGs.

Also, certain characters roll out of his throw OTGs, like Frank West; we should think about how to address that as well.

The improved recovery was to make it more useful in the neutral and to allow him to follow up from corner throw OTGs.

Dahbomb

But you already made the prone change along with the start up change to improve its usage in the neutral... the recovery change seems excessive especially when its going to have better recovery than even the improved L/M fireballs which are the main fireballs he uses in the neutral.

Shouldn't start up and soft knockdown change fix his combo issues with the move? Again either way the change seems excessive and suspect.

You have to figure out the reason why Frank West rolls out and other characters don't. Seems like a hit box/hurt box issue.

Hsien-ko combo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtfxoSM_nqw&feature=player_embedded

Interesting discovery:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Qs0fCU-wo

But you already made the prone change along with the start up change to improve its usage in the neutral... the recovery change seems excessive especially when its going to have better recovery than even the improved L/M fireballs which are the main fireballs he uses in the neutral.

Shouldn't start up and soft knockdown change fix his combo issues with the move? Again either way the change seems excessive and suspect.

You have to figure out the reason why Frank West rolls out and other characters don't. Seems like a hit box/hurt box issue.
I don't have the ability to figure out why Frank West rolls out - I don't have the Vita version of the game.

I'll talk a bit more about the Hell Spitfire H problems; it has 4 problematic situations, and each one requires a different remedy:
1) Firebrand cannot combo off of backward ground throws. This is silly, since he can combo off of forward ground throws. Solution: reduce startup.

2) Firebrand cannot combo off of corner air throws consistently. This is silly, since he is a reset-based character who auto-carries to corners. Solution: reduce recovery.

3) Firebrand has no combo extension tools despite being a point-oriented character. This is silly, since nearly every character in the game has a high hitstun move that can be used to combo extend with other assists. Firebrand is one of the few characters that simply does not gain much or anything from combo extensions. Solution: soft knockdown.

4) Certain characters roll recover from Hell Spitfire H due to wonky hitboxes. Reducing the startup of Hell Spitfire H significantly may fix this, as Firebrand can position himself better before OTGing to ensure it carries. Solution: reduce startup.

Of these, 3) is probably the least important, but 1), 4), and 2) need fixing.

Dahbomb

2) Firebrand cannot combo off of corner air throws consistently. This is silly, since he is a reset-based character who auto-carries to corners. Solution: reduce recovery.
I don't see how you need reduced recovery when the fireball is causing soft knockdown. The soft knockdown should fix this issue.

#4 seems like a hit box issue. If it was a start up issue it would be a consistent problem across a lot of the cast or a timing issue.

Sigmaah

Sucks for Magneto lol.

@Sigmaah

I tried that Wesker/Joe combo for a good 30 mins and I'm convinced it's character specific.

Another reason to let it rock lol. Just watched the video again and the guy said in training mode this glitch is iffy and doesn't work or it will work, basically saying it isn't consistent in training mode. He said in versus mode it works almost all the time, how the fuck does that make sense lol. Maybe that's why it may seem it's character specific? I dunno.

Frantic

Is everyone really cool with Dormammu, or do people just not want to argue with me? lol
Nah, I'm fine with him.

I think ShadyK had some smart things to say when he talked about buffing characters. Don't buff them into homogeneity, buff them based on what they are trying to be. If we make Cat & Mouse more like other mix-up rolls, then we're removing part of what Felicia is. Since she is a heavy up-close mix-up character, it makes more sense to give it this buff to add more to her mix-up options.
At the same time, buffing something for the sake of buffing something is arbitrary. She does not need the ability to cancel her Cat & Mouse, so why bother changing it in the first place? Especially since it has nearly 30 frames of invulnerability(albeit after 6 startup frames). It'd just lead to dumbness that would be best left alone.

This was voted out by Dahbomb and I.
Okay.

It just gives the move some use.
Sure.

How is it silly on an animation basis? Chun-li can jump off of opponents with j.d+M. It would function like that.
Chun-Li is double jump canceling her j.d.M. Felicia does not have a double jump. If it's jump cancelable, she'd be ground jump canceling, not double jump canceling, and it'd just be weird.

If you make the move comboable, it will still never get used after Rolling Buckler, because the slide is superior for its low hit. Making it recover in the air is interesting, but I'd like to know what you think the frame data should be like.
It'd probably have a recovery of like 12-14 instead of 24. Basically it'd recovery shortly after the actual attack ends.

Cat Spike H is actually used as an ambiguous crossup against small characters at close range. I don't think Felicia players would want it changed.
Sure. It was just a suggestion.

There seems to be a miscommunication here. We are removing the L and M versions of Sand Splash and remapping the move to qcf.S, which is the H version. This helps prevent accidental charge motion dash cancels, and her other versions are useless anyway.
I don't know, I don't like the notion of removing two variants just from the sake of a design standpoint. They're already made, why remove them? I dunno, just don't really like that.

These were James Chen suggestions that I included to be nice - removed.
Sure.

The fire would disappear right as Firebrand begins the startup frames of a new Hell Spitfire H input. This would prevent infinites.
Alright, that should work as long as the startup isn't decreased too far. They can bounce pretty high off it sometimes.

The H attack loops are extremely unreliable and circumstantial. The damage is also not all that high compared to a normal Firebrand combo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz6qzlPDCRY
I'm pretty sure that's not the most optimal version. I know there's one out there that builds 2 meters, and that's more or less my problem. If he can build 2 meters with it, and it's a level 2, it has potential for infinite loopage. We just want to prevent potential infinites(even if they are situational and/or difficult to set up) wherever possible. Otherwise I'm fine with the change.

Which Tricks put Hawkeye into the air? It's those follow-ups that do it.
L and H are the ones that put Hawkeye in the air, and those already cause ground bounces against airborne opponents. The only one that doesn't is the roll which is the M version.

1) Firebrand cannot combo off of backward ground throws. This is silly, since he can combo off of forward ground throws. Solution: reduce startup.
Better solution: Increase untechable time after a back throw. If you do front and back throw back to back, you can easily see that front throws have more untechable time than the back throws. Increasing the untechable time off a back throw to match front means Firebrand can now combo after it without needed to decrease startup too much.

This is definitely something to do with hurtbox/hitbox issues. Reducing the recovery would probably fix it, and I'm fine with a small reduction, but another solution would be to increase the hitbox on it slightly so it's sure to connect.

3) Firebrand has no combo extension tools despite being a point-oriented character. This is silly, since nearly every character in the game has a high hitstun move that can be used to combo extend with other assists. Firebrand is one of the few characters that simply does not gain much or anything from combo extensions. Solution: soft knockdown.

4) Certain characters roll recover from Hell Spitfire H due to wonky hitboxes. Reducing the startup of Hell Spitfire H significantly may fix this, as Firebrand can position himself better before OTGing to ensure it carries. Solution: reduce startup.
I'm fine with soft knockdown as long as there's no way to loop it. The fourth is also fine, but it shouldn't be reduced too much.

Frantic, suggest frame data for all of your changes and I will probably go with them. I do think that Felicia needs another mucho tool up close, because right now she is not better at module or pressure than Wolverine.

Dahbomb, reduced recovery is necessary in corners because Hell Spitfire H only hits once. The soft knockdown does not help that situation.

onionfrog

Karsticles said:
Felicia
+Health increased to 900,000.
+Delta Kick H assist pushes opponents back significantly on block; point Delta Kick now hits multiple characters.
+Cat & Mouse is now special cancelable, distance increased slightly.
+Kitty Helper summon now runs slightly faster and jumps slightly farther.
+Neko Punch now causes a crumple state.
+Rolling Uppercut is now jump cancelable off of the opponent on block or hit.
+Cat Spike M vertical hitbox increased downward; now hits crouching characters more consistently.
+Toy Touch hitstun returned to Vanilla status.
+Sand Splash projectile hit points increased to 5; blockstun increased; assist version startup reduced to 35 frames; input changed to qcf.S (H version).
+Wall jump and wall cling now available at superjump height; wall cling input changed to b,b.

Assists: Rolling Buckler L + Rolling Slide, Sand Splash, Delta Kick H
I don't know about changing the sand splash input to qcf S. I don't see anything wrong with it remaining a charge motion.
Otherwise these changes look great.

Wow, this is the game we play!

The Felicia problem is:
Hold back to block a projectile.
Hit forward and AA to dash.
Get Sand Splash.

Charge moves just dont belong in this game.

onionfrog

The Felicia problem is:
Get Sand Splash.

Hmm, I haven't had this problem.
If I'm going from blocking to dashing I just double tap forward instead.

But if you guys want to change it to qcf S, I don't have a big problem with it. I just wanted to understand why.

But you can neutral AA to dash. I don't think it's a big deal, but changing the input doesn't really make a substantive difference.
This too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Felicia problem is:
Get Sand Splash.

But you can neutral AA to dash. I don't think it's a big deal, but changing the input doesn't really make a substantive difference.

Frantic

Frantic, suggest frame data for all of your changes and I will probably go with them.
For Hell Spitfire H, I'd probably go with 21 startup, 15 recovery - down from 26 startup and 20 recovery. Rolling Uppercut I'm not totally sure on, I'll have to stew on it some more. Firebrand's back ground throw would just need to be adjusted to be comparable to his front throw, so no real need for frame data on that. Were there any other ones? I'm pretty braindead right now.

I do think that Felicia needs another mucho tool up close, because right now she is not better at module or pressure than Wolverine.
My main problem with the change is that there's we have no idea how it'll affect her. I'm not opposed to the change, but at the same time I'm not sure I'm supportive of it. I'm trying to think of everything from a 'balance' perspective and I just can't judge special cancelable Cat & Mouse. If she ended up becoming dumb/broken, it'd defeat the whole point of this being a balance patch.

The Felicia problem is:
Get Sand Splash.
You can just let go of the stick and hit AA to dash forward. You don't need to switch from back to forward. I just have never heard any actual Felicia players complain about it, so I don't see why it should be changed and end up removing the other two variants.

I dunno, I just hate the notion of removing a move for any reason.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, reduced recovery is necessary in corners because Hell Spitfire H only hits once. The soft knockdown does not help that situation.
If the one hit causes soft knockdown then there would be enough hit stun from that one hit for him to follow up after it. It would be close but doable.

And again like Frantic is saying, this is mostly a hit box issue not a recovery issue. I would also say that for the back throw the issue is more not enough untechable time after the throw rather than the fireball being too slow.

I think the better suggestion for H Fireball are the following:

*Soft knockdown on all but the final hit (to prevent long loops with it)
*Hit box improved to allow for comboability on all characters and better comboability in the corner. This would mostly be a posterior hit box improvement.
*Start up improved slightly
*Does not make Firebrand prone

I don't know about you but that's 4 buffs on a single move... which is more than enough. In addition you will have to make a separate change for the back throw issue.

Frantic

If the one hit causes soft knockdown then there would be enough hit stun from that one hit for him to follow up after it.
The first hit of Hell Spitfire H after a throw already causes enough hitstun to 'soft-knockdown', so it becoming an official soft knockdown wouldn't change anything.

Recovery would help(Luminous Body allows him to convert off it as is), but increasing the rear hitbox so the second hit connects would also serve as a fix.

Dahbomb

This has the potential to be huge. I'm curious at what the circumstances are that allow this. Anyone know?
It seems like the assist character is tanking the hit and the other character can go through if the assist character is getting hit. Seems like its just an anti Magneto Shockwave tech, might work with Thor too if people actually used that hyper in the neutral.

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
It seems like the assist character is tanking the hit and the other character can go through if the assist character is getting hit. Seems like its just an anti Magneto Shockwave tech, might work with Thor too if people actually used that hyper in the neutral.

I play Magneto and I use EMD xx shockwave pretty often to punish assists like Vajra or missiles but shockwave can be punished on block if the opponent is close enough, so I usually only do it if I can DHC.

Ghazi

I would like to be the first to throw in the idea of a First Person Mode for Chris's crouching stance, needs to be authentic so Capcom can captivate those western audiences. It's the best idea ever.

I'll leave now

Dahbomb

I would like to be the first to throw in the idea of a First Person Mode for Chris's crouching stance, needs to be authentic so Capcom can captivate those western audiences. It's the best idea ever.

I'll leave now
Been there done that:

e0b9f04431d54c5c45f0f6a9b9e3b098.png

Dahbomb

Has Capcom mentioned anything about a potential rebalance after SDCC?
Gamescom/TGS berieve.

To be honest we haven't really pushed anything on Capcom either, we should really get the ball rolling again, complete this patch talk, submit to people so that they can at least tell us how wrong we are so we have some discussion going.

Also I thank god that launchers aren't cancelable in Marvel. Derpy as shit in Skullgirls... Cerebella going for derp ass launcher string, you try to punish it she command grabs you.

Solune

Another reason to let it rock lol. Just watched the video again and the guy said in training mode this glitch is iffy and doesn't work or it will work, basically saying it isn't consistent in training mode. He said in versus mode it works almost all the time, how the fuck does that make sense lol. Maybe that's why it may seem it's character specific? I dunno.

I tried it again and I got it to work on Nova, Thor, and Zero to test character sizes. Haven't gotten it to work on Doom. It's really weird, definitely some type of spacing involved. The timing of Joe's assist is crucial though, it's very very specific.

There was also one time I hit Thor and the counter did in fact add to the combo counter, so it didn't activate the 'glitch'. In all honesty I don't find this tech to be practical. It's clear the person who discovered it has that timing down pat but for someone trying to pick it up and abuse it, no way. It's only a Wesker BnB but that assist timing is way too wonky.

Ghazi

So ummm.... I'm trying to do some Jill combos and I'm doing a combo with the notations: j.S, st.MH, cr.H, b.H xx Somersault, j.HS, j.MMHS, j.MHS, st.H, b.H xx cartwheel kick xx MGS (Shoutouts to NeoArtisan!!!!!!!) and for some reason when I get to the j.MHS they have recovered even when trying my fastest. Does anyone maybe know what I'm doing wrong? I might be able to make a video, if needed, showing the issue.

Zissou

Apologies for the delay!

Dormammu-N: I'm worried about 0D3C being too good. Also concerned about buffing 0D0C- You're asking to buff it's hitbox and reduce it's start-up, but a relatively safe 360 degree long range 10 frame poke is veering too much into safe Frank West snapshot territory for my tastes.

Dr. Strange-N: I have the same concerns others have put forth by by Frantic about the frame data changes necessary to make seven rings trigger from gimlet. Also, the current wording for reducing long FoF loop combos doesn't really make sense.

Felicia-N: I agree with Frantic on leaving cat and mouse and rolling uppercut alone. Felicia is a good example of what I see as a general problem with our balance changes: the tendency to use all ten change slots whether or not it's really necessary.

Firebrand-N: I am against making Chaos Tide a level 2. I understand the need for more consistent throw follow-ups, but I feel we can come up with something better than a ton of crazy buffs on qcf.H. I'm also not sold on nearly halving his divekick start-up. I am also against the hell spitfire start-up buffs. Right now they are 16 frame startup plus 29 recovery and are -1 on block and even on hit. Ryu's hadouken is 10 frame start-up but has 35 frames of recovery and is -2 on hit and -4 on block. You want to buff Firebrand's projectile start-up to Ryu levels but keep the other better frame data along side it. This seems unreasonable.

Frank West-N: Aside from a slight chip damage nerf on paddlesaws, he's getting buffed, which I see as extremely problematic. Frank West is already very easy to level up (which would be even easier with your proposed bottom's up buff) and at level 4+ has 10-0 match-ups against like 80% of the cast when properly assisted. The proposed system changes already benefit him. With touch of death combos being less prevalent, your point characters will live longer to eventually level up Frank and guaranteed TACs mean any team can be a Frank team with 0 risk. Aside from improving his meter-build assist I completely disagree with the proposed changes. We need to figure out how to either nerf level 4/5 Frank or make it harder to achieve. I'd be fine with improving levels 1-3 a bit to compensate, but Frank teams could easily get out of hand if he's left alone, IMO.

Ghost Rider-N: Some changes are very reasonable, like making chain of punishment air-OK, but I fear we are going too far. You want to essentially give him bionic arm. You want to give him photon shot where each projectile has 5 durability points instead of 2. Some of these things seem extreme to me. I am also concerned with adding an assist with upper body invincibility (as I was with Chris).

Haggar-Y

Hawkeye-Y. All the changes seem reasonable so I can't really vote no. That being said, it's improving point Hawkeye, who's one of those characters that 80% of the cast can't fight already, but whatever.

Hsien-ko-Y.

Hulk-Y

Dahbomb

We actually improved Ryu's fireball data. You should compare with the new ones.

Thing with Hawkeye is that he is always going to be an extreme character. He will either always destroy characters or get destroyed himself. He would still get owned by Vergil, Wolverine and Strange but he will still destroy Haggar, Doom etc. we can't do anything about that.

On the topic of Frank, his "buffs" are very minor at best like the Snapshot change is there because he gets punished on hit from it. Reducing his chip damage on chainsaw is a big nerf to lvl4/5 Frank, it cuts down his chip in half. Frank destroying 80% of the cast for free is the whole point of the character, you need to build a team around him and not get hit at first so you aren't stuck with lvl1 Frank. The risk/reward is appropriate.

I don't think 3C will ever be used that much outside of key match ups and even then rarely. The other spells are just way better. The 0D0C change though I was always skeptical, its supposed to be a vanilla move... its still not that useful so its whatever to me. As long as its not a 5 frame safe reversal with good all around coverage which was too derpy of a change.

Dormammu-N: I'm worried about 0D3C being too good. Also concerned about buffing 0D0C- You're asking to buff it's hitbox and reduce it's start-up, but a relatively safe 360 degree long range 10 frame poke is veering too much into safe Frank West snapshot territory for my tastes.
Don't be worried that 0D3C is too good, give an example of why it is too good and what you would do with the move instead.

0D0C could become less safe to balance out the change, but it already puts Dormammu at considerable negative frame advantage, which is borderline death for him. It's definitely not a "long range" poke. It still won't have the hitbox of s.M, for example. It's a slight increase. It would be interesting to give it projectile negation or something, as a way to combat cross-ups backed by projectiles.

Dr. Strange-N: I have the same concerns others have put forth by by Frantic about the frame data changes necessary to make seven rings trigger from gimlet. Also, the current wording for reducing long FoF loop combos doesn't really make sense.
How does the FoF loop wording not make sense? I'm curious about proposals to fix the Gimlet wording. I don't think that making Seven Rings of Raggador activate a little earlier is a big problem.

Felicia-N: I agree with Frantic on leaving cat and mouse and rolling uppercut alone. Felicia is a good example of what I see as a general problem with our balance changes: the tendency to use all ten change slots whether or not it's really necessary.
No no no, it's not. Rolling Uppercut is a 100% pointless move. We need to give it purpose. This is not a barebones patch note list, otherwise we would just say "hey fix Vergil, Zero, and Hidden Missiles", and e-mail that to Capcom. The goal is to figure out how to make these characters good. Not just not-shit. Cat and Mouse is a good change that provides Felicia with more solo mix-up options, which she desperately needs.

Firebrand-N: I am against making Chaos Tide a level 2. I understand the need for more consistent throw follow-ups, but I feel we can come up with something better than a ton of crazy buffs on qcf.H. I'm also not sold on nearly halving his divekick start-up. I am also against the hell spitfire start-up buffs. Right now they are 16 frame startup plus 29 recovery and are -1 on block and even on hit. Ryu's hadouken is 10 frame start-up but has 35 frames of recovery and is -2 on hit and -4 on block. You want to buff Firebrand's projectile start-up to Ryu levels but keep the other better frame data along side it. This seems unreasonable.
You can't just compare two random fireballs like that. Ryu and Firebrand are very different characters. Ryu doesn't even use his Hadoken outside of throwing out out before Shinku Hadoken to ensure the opponent doesn't have cinematic screen options in the current game. And if you don't recall, we're buffing Ryu's Hadoken to make it more usable as well. They're both very mediocre moves right now.

Firebrand's dive kick is seriously awful. It's completely useless outside of combos.

If you can come up with better options to let Firebrand combo off of his throws, let me know. I think Hell Spitfire H should be usable in the neutral regardless of air throw changes, though.

Explain why you are against Chaos Tide being a level 2, and what else you would suggest to not make it second worst level 3 hyper in the game (right behind Nemesis' command grab).

Frank West-N: Aside from a slight chip damage nerf on paddlesaws, he's getting buffed, which I see as extremely problematic. Frank West is already very easy to level up (which would be even easier with your proposed bottom's up buff) and at level 4+ has 10-0 match-ups against like 80% of the cast when properly assisted. The proposed system changes already benefit him. With touch of death combos being less prevalent, your point characters will live longer to eventually level up Frank and guaranteed TACs mean any team can be a Frank team with 0 risk. Aside from improving his meter-build assist I completely disagree with the proposed changes. We need to figure out how to either nerf level 4/5 Frank or make it harder to achieve. I'd be fine with improving levels 1-3 a bit to compensate, but Frank teams could easily get out of hand if he's left alone, IMO.
Suggest changes, don't just say "I don't like this".

The buffs he got are all pretty mediocre outside of the guaranteed TAC change, which doesn't even matter on proper Frank West teams.

Ghost Rider-N: Some changes are very reasonable, like making chain of punishment air-OK, but I fear we are going too far. You want to essentially give him bionic arm. You want to give him photon shot where each projectile has 5 durability points instead of 2. Some of these things seem extreme to me. I am also concerned with adding an assist with upper body invincibility (as I was with Chris).
It's not Bionic Lancer because:
1) Spirit of Vengeance is slow.
2) It's armored, not invincible.
3) It hits the opponent a lot, scaling combos.

As a Ghost Rider player, trust me - he needs it. He can't protect assists from full screen hypers right now, which makes it harder than it already is for him to get in since he can't call an assist for cover.

He does not have Photon Shot - dp.H doesn't even go above jump height, and the move is heavily negative on block. It's very different.

b.H as an assist needs very precise timing to hit as an anti-air, and in general characters need more options against tridashers.

Haggar-Y

Hawkeye-Y. All the changes seem reasonable so I can't really vote no. That being said, it's improving point Hawkeye, who's one of those characters that 80% of the cast can't fight already, but whatever.

Hsien-ko-Y.

Hulk-Y
Are you voting Y for the Haggar with pipe projectile negation removed?

Dahbomb

The FotF change honestly doesn't fix much of anything. We aren't changing hit stun on it just acceleration which means that he will get to max scaling faster if he uses it early. Thing is that FotF loops are used at the end of combos when scaling is at max so even with the change he would get big damage.

Zissou

All my votes were based on the current wording on the first page (which does not currently contain the projectile negation thing). Give me a couple minutes to respond to your specific points- I moved a few days ago and don't have internet at my new place yet, so I can only access GAF on my phone.

I interrupt your patch discussion to quickly ask for advice.

Seeing how Chris G is coming to our major in October, in the hypothetical case I have to fight him, which team would make it less likely to be completely destroyed, Nova/RR/Strider or Nova/Vergil/RR?

Seeing how Chris G is coming to our major in October, in the hypothetical case I have to fight him, which team would make it less likely to be completely destroyed, Nova/RR/Strider or Nova/Vergil/RR?
Player skill with the character/setup > all.

Vergil.

All my votes were based on the current wording on the first page (which does not currently contain the projectile negation thing). Give me a couple minutes to respond to your specific points- I moved a few days ago and don't have internet at my new place yet, so I can only access GAF on my phone.
No problem - I just moved a month ago myself. It's painful! Thanks for taking the time to type it all out on your phone, I know it's troublesome.

Dahbomb

Both teams seem alright, I would go with Vergil just for the ease (derp) factor. It would be imperative to kill whatever character you grab with Nova with SS DHC.

Zissou

Don't be worried that 0D3C is too good, give an example of why it is too good and what you would do with the move instead.

Could you explain the 'projectile invincible' part of the 0D3C buff? I assume it's meant thay Dormammu himself becomes projectile invincible since the move itself moves along the ground in a way that it wouldn't be able to interact with other projectiles in the first place. My concern is that if there is complete projectile invincibility, someone trying to punish an assist call at a distance with a beam hyper ends up getting hit with 0D3C for their trouble. Maybe make Dormammu invincible to low/medium durability projectiles as a compromise? Otherwise Dorm gets meterless seven rings.

0D0C could become less safe to balance out the change, but it already puts Dormammu at considerable negative frame advantage, which is borderline death for him. It's definitely not a "long range" poke. It still won't have the hitbox of s.M, for example. It's a slight increase. It would be interesting to give it projectile negation or something, as a way to combat cross-ups backed by projectiles.

Taking a closer look at the frame data in the guide and looking at the hitbox on youtube, this change is probably fine.

How does the FoF loop wording not make sense? I'm curious about proposals to fix the Gimlet wording. I don't think that making Seven Rings of Raggador activate a little earlier is a big problem.

The earliest that seven rings can hit somebody is 27 frames and gimlet is -50 on block. I don't understand why it doesn't work currently. I guess active frame for gimlet are practically non-existent and that's the issue (active frame are over during Strange's hyper flash or something?)

No no no, it's not. Rolling Uppercut is a 100% pointless move. We need to give it purpose. This is not a barebones patch note list, otherwise we would just say "hey fix Vergil, Zero, and Hidden Missiles", and e-mail that to Capcom. The goal is to figure out how to make these characters good. Not just not-shit. Cat and Mouse is a good change that provides Felicia with more solo mix-up options, which she desperately needs.

I just don't understand how mix-ups are where Felicia is lacking. She already is scary up close. It seems like fixing something that's not broken with the potential to have unintended conseqeunces.

You can't just compare two random fireballs like that. Ryu and Firebrand are very different characters. Ryu doesn't even use his Hadoken outside of throwing out out before Shinku Hadoken to ensure the opponent doesn't have cinematic screen options in the current game. And if you don't recall, we're buffing Ryu's Hadoken to make it more usable as well. They're both very mediocre moves right now.

I was unaware that Ryu had a Hadouken buff. Hell spitfire currently sees use. Firebrand can chuck fireballs at a good clip and he can shoot them at the angle of his choosing.

Firebrand's dive kick is seriously awful. It's completely useless outside of combos.

Trish's is 13 frame start-up and universally agreed to be good (can't always convert to combo on hit easily), and Phoenix's is 15 frame start-up and only ground bounces airborne opponents and it still sees neutral use. I'd be fine with a slight reduction in start-up, but 10 frames seems too quick.

If you can come up with better options to let Firebrand combo off of his throws, let me know. I think Hell Spitfire H should be usable in the neutral regardless of air throw changes, though.

Didn't Frantic comment on this? I'll have to look back through the thread.

Explain why you are against Chaos Tide being a level 2, and what else you would suggest to not make it second worst level 3 hyper in the game (right behind Nemesis' command grab).

You can do a 400k+ damage combo extension with chaos tide which builds back a ton of meter, no? I'll try to find video. Seems like it could lead to infinites or lightning loop level damage.

The buffs he got are all pretty mediocre outside of the guaranteed TAC change, which doesn't even matter on proper Frank West teams.

I think the universal health buff is a boon to Frank. Take Noel Brown's Frank team- Wolverine/Frank/Wesker. In the current version of the game, if I land the first hit, he loses Wolverine and has to fight with lvl1 Frank. If he lands the first hit, he has a 66% of killing my character and gaining access to a ridiculously powerful character. In our proposed patched version, the scenario is different. If I land the frst hit, I can't kill Wolverine and he has another chance to level up Frank as planned. If he lands the first hit, he has a 100% chance to get a ridiculously powerful character. In the current version of the game, Frank teams have a somewhat balanced risk-reward. If the Frank player gets the first hit, they are at a gigantic advantage (will likely win the game) and if their opponent gets the first hit, the Frank player is fucked. In our proposed update, Frank players still get the win the game when they land a hit, but they get more chances to land that hit. Paddlesaw chip nerf doesn't matter when you have no tools to fight paddlesaws- it just takes him twice as many braindead j.Ms to kill you.

It's not Bionic Lancer because:
1) Spirit of Vengeance is slow.
2) It's armored, not invincible.
3) It hits the opponent a lot, scaling combos.

As a Ghost Rider player, trust me - he needs it. He can't protect assists from full screen hypers right now, which makes it harder than it already is for him to get in since he can't call an assist for cover.

He does not have Photon Shot - dp.H doesn't even go above jump height, and the move is heavily negative on block. It's very different.

b.H as an assist needs very precise timing to hit as an anti-air, and in general characters need more options against tridashers.

Considering the bike's speed, I guess I'm fine with that specific change. Dp.H is different from photon shot- maybe Deadpool jumping medium guns would be a better comparison. Deadpool covers normal jump height in front of him and it goes full screen but his projectiles have ass for durability points. Ghost Rider is firing ten Hadouken strength projectiles.

Tri-dashers are already being nerfed by the system changes by losing OSing throws during tri-dashes. I would like to avoid double nerfing or double buffing anything unintentionally.

Top Bottom