• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

I tried Storm in training mode and I actually kinda liked her. Not as fun as Ryu though. She didn't really have any assists that I could use, besides maybe Whirlwind.
Put her on point and back ker up with tatsu and drones.

Also you can combo of her instant overhead j.l j.h twice then cr.l cr.m cr.h S j.h flight adf j.h thrice S call drones(if midscreen) hail storm then another one if necessary or elemental rage.

St. Maarten is on the travel channel right now. Think I saw Triforce.

Sigmaah

Holy shit why isn't there an option to search for best connection? Fucking retarded Capcom. Even 5 bar connections are iffy as fuck.
Fuck you Capcom.

Making a 1v3 comeback with Sentinel feels so damn nice, unlike with Vergil where you're just like ehhh, swords save the day.

Solune

Woah, sorry, I must've looked at the wrong part or missed it. I just rewatched it and yeah she's blocking. Bare with me, I'm going to look like an idiot because I'm going to get a ton of stuff wrong and probably say a ton of stuff that's not actually possible or plausible, but I'm thinking that because the frame she could enter inputs (player was probably already holding back) she was already getting hit it allowed her to block rather than dashing. Otherwise I don't know (I didn't just want to say I don't know)

That sort of makes sense, she cancels into Mad Beast and is put into a "neutral" state with the invincibility before going into a feral stance right away. Would just like something official though.

So new team discussion time:

Viper/Spencer/Strange

Viper can combo FA in Slant Shot on the ground for a crumple into Strange raw tag combo. With Slant Shots she gets incoming mix ups and some sort of aerial pick up for certain match ups. Bolts is great on her as it allows her to get in and go for throws.

Viper can provide OTG assist for Spencer and Strange for big combos or Burn Kick for semi unlockables not too different from Nova's assist.

All of Viper's hypers DHC into Spencer or Strange hypers though not as great into Viper (which isn't a big issue because she's the point).

Not a bad team at all.

I think it's a pretty good team too. Although are you sure Viper can combo into Focus Attack from a Slant Shot? I don't there's enough time to charge a level 3 FA unless you can crumple without a level 3.

Only glaring weakness I can see is no safe DHC into Spencer, that means Viper will always be point. and THC is ok for damage but no shenanigans which is fine since Viper is a solo wrecking train anyways.

Vice

Viper/Spencer/Strange

Viper can combo FA in Slant Shot on the ground for a crumple into Strange raw tag combo. With Slant Shots she gets incoming mix ups and some sort of aerial pick up for certain match ups. Bolts is great on her as it allows her to get in and go for throws.

Viper can provide OTG assist for Spencer and Strange for big combos or Burn Kick for semi unlockables not too different from Nova's assist.

All of Viper's hypers DHC into Spencer or Strange hypers though not as great into Viper (which isn't a big issue because she's the point).

Not a bad team at all.
Spencer/Strange is just an incredibly strong shell. Anyone who can set up Strange's loops is ridiculous with that shell. However, lessens Viper's power to not allow the opponent to play by not having Jam Session, Vajra, Repulsor or something else to set up unblockables. It also allows the opponent much more mobility than an optimized C. Viper team. Viper is best when the opponent is pinned to the ground by an assist and Slant Shot isn't great at that.

It's a good team, all teams that can set up Strange loops consistently are. It's just not the best Viper team. Bolts work well for her but Spencer is the weak link in the team.

FYC

Banned
For those interested all the skins and dlc for UMVC3 and Vanilla are on sale on Xbox Marketplace. Like really on sale...like $6.79 for the skin value pack and $3 for dlc characters.

Sale

Yeah UMVC3 is on sale for 15 bux too. Do you know how long it'll last?

Got the game for $10 for the vita and the original OT did a great job explaining some mechanics. Still, is there a more comprehensive guide to getting started with UMVC3? I'm well versed in fighting games but marvel seems both real simple yet extremely complex all at once...

Viper/Spencer/Strange

Viper can combo FA in Slant Shot on the ground for a crumple into Strange raw tag combo.

Have you tried this? I screwed around with this team a couple times at the beginning of the year(along with anybody I thought could work with the shell like iron fist, wesker and magneto) and it didn't seem like it worked. But I only spent a few minutes trying. EX TK works, of course.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";78926713]Have you tried this? I screwed around with this team a couple times at the beginning of the year(along with anybody I thought could work with the shell like iron fist, wesker and magneto) and it didn't seem like it worked. But I only spent a few minutes trying. EX TK works, of course.[/QUOTE]
I just did a 1 minute search on Youtube to provide evidence of this working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8eCFqK6lg

As far as I can tell this Nemo tech works for the following character as they have a crumple stun move:

Chun Li
Iron Fist
Nova
She Hulk
Viper

And safe DHC is supposed to be Strange SoV -> Bionic Manuevers. People play Spencer as anchor on this team.

Yeah I knew about the others. It's pretty cool that it works, like I said I only tried for a few minutes and lost interest. Probably didn't think to use level 2 lol

Sigmaah

MAKES NO SENSE.
3m.jpg

I don't have a problem with it though lol.
Now I know what button to come down with when using Mags.

Frantic

Just want to say I'm sorry for not posting much on the patch note business. I've been busy, so haven't had time to sit down and go over it as much as I'd like. I'll try to get something out on the weekend, though, since I know I'll have a bit of free time then.

On the flipside, I've been actually playing Marvel in my free time and despite not playing for over a week, I'm playing better than before. Proud moments include beating someone in a FT5 that I've always lost to before, doing four upshot loops into a full ten shot loop into Stinger twice in a single round(online, naturally), and getting rage mail. Fist pumps all around.

If anyone's curious, the rage mail was basically salt over 'running and spamming' and called me pathetic. I presume the 'spamming' complaint came from the fact that this guy beat me once after like 7 in a row, teabagged, and had the balls to rematch wherein I trolled the fuck out of him by doing tons of stupid shit that he kept falling for. Most notably being me spamming the hell out of Hammer like a dumbass. It's his fault for running into it!

Just want to say I'm sorry for not posting much on the patch note business. I've been busy, so haven't had time to sit down and go over it as much as I'd like. I'll try to get something out on the weekend, though, since I know I'll have a bit of free time then.

On the flipside, I've been actually playing Marvel in my free time and despite not playing for over a week, I'm playing better than before. Proud moments include beating someone in a FT5 that I've always lost to before, doing four upshot loops into a full ten shot loop into Stinger twice in a single round(online, naturally), and getting rage mail. Fist pumps all around.

If anyone's curious, the rage mail was basically salt over 'running and spamming' and called me pathetic. I presume the 'spamming' complaint came from the fact that this guy beat me once after like 7 in a row, teabagged, and had the balls to rematch wherein I trolled the fuck out of him by doing tons of stupid shit that he kept falling for. Most notably being me spamming the hell out of Hammer like a dumbass. It's his fault for running into it!
No worries. We are all busy. Summer ended. I just got a new job, so I am not pushing! Let's really try to get this 10 done with the 3 day weekebd, though. It is time to move on.

MAKES NO SENSE.
3m.jpg

I don't have a problem with it though lol.
Now I know what button to come down with when using Mags.
There really are so many more dumb hit boxes than foot dive.

Sigmaah

I'm trying to teach my little cousins how to play marvel cause they were interested when they saw me and my brother play and all they can do is mash, it's so cute lmao.

One of them thinks Ghost Rider is amazing, if only he knew...

Dahbomb

That Magneto hit box is completely fair and balanced because the hit box is well within the actual animation of the move (that purple curved thingie). It also doesn't hit behind him.

If you want to see a dumb Magneto hit box you should see his j.H.

More importantly its the hurt boxes of characters that are supremely wonky.

Korigama

Finally picked this up after putting off getting it for years, so it seems I'll have a lot of catching up to do. Somewhat curious about the viability of a team of X-23/Hawkeye/Vergil.

FYC

Banned
Finally picked this up after putting off getting it for years, so it seems I'll have a lot of catching up to do. Somewhat curious about the viability of a team of X-23/Hawkeye/Vergil.

Me too, just downloaded it tonight.

Time to become the #1 Dante player

Dahbomb

Not a bad team at all. You can probably switch to Vergil 2nd though.

That Magneto hit box is completely fair and balanced because the hit box is well within the actual animation of the move (that purple curved thingie). It also doesn't hit behind him.

If you want to see a dumb Magneto hit box you should see his j.H.

More importantly its the hurt boxes of characters that are supremely wonky.
It hits behind from addf j.m.
It can also be used as a cross up if you can space and time it correctly.

Dumb(kinda) hitbox is Storm's Hail Storm, yes you can avoid it by super jumping but it hits from behind her just a little bit and can ruin some punishes.

Does anybody have a hitbox pic of Hail Storm?

Dahbomb

I think if you space any normal in this game except for the Ls you can make them cross up or cross under. Still that j.M has nothing on his j.H.

Hailstorm covers the entire screen right below super jump height. That is not a hit box issue, it hits where it shows to be hitting.

I only really have a problem with moves that hit well beyond or behind their indicated on screen animation.

Clawww

I think if you space any normal in this game except for the Ls you can make them cross up or cross under. Still that j.M has nothing on his j.H.

Hailstorm covers the entire screen right below super jump height. That is not a hit box issue, it hits where it shows to be hitting.

I only really have a problem with moves that hit well beyond or behind their indicated on screen animation.

I love the way Strider's launcher hits behind him, because he really does swing the sword back all the way over his head... hit my friend once when I literally had my back facing his character and we cracked the fuck up because it looked so ridiculous and also caused a launch state.

Yeah I'll get on. Just give me a few minutes, I need to eat badly.

No problem.

Good games Kevo_Huevo. I thought the lobby matches were pretty interesting myself but I glad you had fun in our random games. I had the worst luck of character combo's that I had in a long time, but it's still fun. I like playing Iron Man when I play someone who doesn't know there characters.

GG's Slasher. Sorry about that counter pick, I was just going in the order that I usually pick my teams and that team was up next.

That was the most fun I've had playing against a team in a while. It made me rethink every damn thing I did. Wright just had me in panic mode. I was laughing and screaming in fear the whole time. My brother and I got a real kick out of it

GG's Sigmaah. Fuck Zero and Vergil. I almost thought about picking that team but I couldn't fathom the amount of bullshit and stupidity that would've been going on, haha.

Sigmaah

GG's Sigmaah. Fuck Zero and Vergil. I almost thought about picking that team but I couldn't fathom the amount of bullshit and stupidity that would've been going on, haha.

GG's bro. You got some nice teams! Fuck Felica, Chris, and Spencer lol. We should deff play more often! Zero ain't that much BS but Vergil... LOL YOU ALREADY KNOW SON.

Top Bottom