• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

New(?) Spiderman Tech

Peter is about to hit Spencer levels of damage.
Well that's absurd.

800K meterless damage? That's kinda nuts.

We were already on the fence about Spider Man getting a nerf on his damage a bit but I said that he mostly gets that type of damage with assist (particularly Hidden Missiles). Seems like he can high damage solo as well although not that easy to do.

I vote "Y" on the new Nemesis.

New(?) Spiderman Tech

I would love to see this in a tournament, haha.

Well that's absurd.

800K meterless damage? That's kinda nuts.

We were already on the fence about Spider Man getting a nerf on his damage a bit but I said that he mostly gets that type of damage with assist (particularly Hidden Missiles). Seems like he can high damage solo as well although not that easy to do.
I wouldn't mind a drop in his Web Throw damage or something.

Dahbomb

I think just a small hit stun acceleration on web throw would fix the issue. There is no reason he should be getting that many reps off of the move. I counted 8 reps in that combo.

I think just a small hit stun acceleration on web throw would fix the issue. There is no reason he should be getting that many reps off of the move.
Agreed. Goddamn those are boring to watch. I couldn't even stand playing Spider-man if I had to do them.

Vice

I think just a small hit stun acceleration on web throw would fix the issue. There is no reason he should be getting that many reps off of the move. I counted 8 reps in that combo.

IIRC, web throw doesn't affect hit stun the way normal attacks do. It doesn't kick in while they're airborne from the throw or something like that.

Dahbomb

IIRC, web throw doesn't affect hit stun the way normal attacks do. It doesn't kick in while they're airborne from the throw or something like that.
I know that, I am saying that it should.

Essentially hit stun works like a timer. If you use a Web Throw that timer either should not freeze or it ticks down faster that normal if you use the move.

Zissou

I know that, I am saying that it should.

Essentially hit stun works like a timer. If you use a Web Throw that timer either should not freeze or it ticks down faster that normal if you use the move.

I'm pretty sure HSD is entirely timer-based, and the timer freezes during all cinematic attacks.

Ghazi

Incoming Spiderman vs Spiderman matchups in the GF of EVO 2013 where they spend matches trying to get infinites off each other and keep dropping them.

Hype!

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
I'm reading through the previous page and you guys missed out on how Magneto pretty much gets to instantly block if he cancels any of his airdashes (besides the up ones) into magnetic blast.

I literally can just do addf plink mag blast while calling plasma beam assist and 3/4 of the cast can't deal with that.

Dahbomb

I'm reading through the previous page and you guys missed out on how Magneto pretty much gets to instantly block if he cancels any of his airdashes (besides the up ones) into magnetic blast.

I literally can just do addf plink mag blast while calling plasma beam assist and 3/4 of the cast can't deal with that.
We can't really make a change on that without gimping the character. Yeah I know that is really powerful of a strat but I think the real problem with the move is simply the recovery and block stun. We can't tinker with recovery either because it will mess up his swag combos so we have to settle with lowering the block stun.

SEE YA L8TERRRR

The only hype thing about it is that it's basically a throwback to Maximum Carnage web grab infinite, haha. Was wondering if it was possible, since some have been ending with a web throw to midscreen then plink/wave dashing over for a reset or snap back.

On the real, web throw combos are sword-guy levels of boring after the first few times. Hawkeye combos (woo) or Iron Guy (Fist/Man) look prettay good. Jillian too.

Sigmaah

New(?) Spiderman Tech

I say LET IT ROCK BOYS, THIS IS MAHVEL BABY!!!

Wesker/Sent/Vergil is pretty damn fun.

Played some dude who used Mags with Jam Session and holy shit can Mags go in with that shit, Magnetic Blasts for days. I wish I could easily do Mag blast inputs, I'd main Mags in a heartbeat if I could do them fast as fuck :/

onionfrog

Its been almost two years since ultimate dropped.
Where does the time go?
It's been long enough, a new version should be announced any day now right guys?
/denial

Where does the time go?
It's been long enough, a new version should be announced any day now right guys?
/denial
I was reflecting on this yesterday. I booted the game up and saw 2011. Man. I still suck way too much to have played this game for that long.

Dahbomb

Yeah 2 years for UMVC3 and 3 years for Vanilla. We have had some great moments from the game. If it died tomorrow it would still have made a mark in fighting game history.

onionfrog

Then again, I will go to my BIL's place and watch him fail to Hadoken 10-15 times in a row. It could be worse!
True. Does he tell you to stop cheating/stop being cheap? Some of my friends still get mad over that sort of stuff.

I wish we had replays in vanilla. I'd love to have footage showing just how bad I was then!

I barely used Felicia in vanilla, mostly because I was mad that she didn't have her sand splash hyper from mvc2 lol

And OTG assists were AMAZING!! Hahaha

I think my day one vanilla team was Spencer/Haggar/Akuma. And I don't really play any of them much now.

The Akuma health nerf in ultimate was really uncalled for. I'd play him on point if he still had 850K

TWILT

Banned
Anyone on PSN up for some Marvel? I just got internet back at my house, and I feel like going for a round.

PSN is TWILTHERO

Vice

Watching that Spiderman combo makes be realize how poor my movement is. Should be plink dashing instead of wave dashing?
It depends on the moment. Wave dashing and different kinds of plinking all have their place.

Speaking of plinking. What kinds of button setups do you all use for plinking?

Where does the time go?
/denial

Wow, it's crazy it's been out that long. Guess I didn't really notice since I just started playing it at the end of last year. I hated vanilla so much that I didn't give Ultimate much of a chance when I bought it at release. Waited over a year to actually start playing it.

It depends on the moment. Wave dashing and different kinds of plinking all have their place.

Max talks about plinking but calls it wavedashing.

I pull a direction, dash(two attack buttons L+M) then down-dash down-dash-down.

He suggests pull a direction and hit H then L+M immediately after then H-L+M, H-L+M for characters like Stider, Wesker, Iron Fist and Nemesis lol.

Max talks about plinking but calls it wavedashing.

I pull a direction, dash(two attack buttons L+M) then down-dash down-dash-down.

He suggests pull a direction and hit H then L+M immediately after then H-L+M, H-L+M for characters like Stider, Wesker, Iron Fist and Nemesis lol.

I don't like Max's tutorial/method, but I'm sure it works for others.
For me, it's easier to plink dash as if I was plinking fierce punch in street fighter (H~M), and you get the throw tech option select on backdash.

LakeEarth

To add, his j.S has no hitbox up top even though it should by its animation. It shouldn't be j.B good, but an increase would be nice.

Right now, Nemesis has no good slot position on a team. On point he can work as a battery, but he gets mauled at the start of matches. It's funny how Nem and Hulk are both heavies, but Hulk is feared while Nemesis is free at match start. Second isn't a good slot cause his DHC scales extremely hard and he is worthless incoming, although he does have some cool THC options and his assists aren't bad. And anchor, his xfactor bonuses other than damage aren't that great and he can't really use excess meter that you gained when your team gets wasted quick.

If a patch does happen, they have to improve one of these problems to give him a place on a team. Earlier armor, shrink him a bit, fix his hyper scaling, better xfactor speed bonus, make his level 3 worth a damn. Something.

Dahbomb

We basically made Nemesis much stronger at start of the round with faster start up on all his armored moves and better block strings. We designed him as a much better point character because there was no way to make him a better support character (we did give him better assists though) without a total rework. We fixed his hyper scaling and we buffed his LVL3 a ton, actually we buffed ALL of his hypers up.

Within the allocated 10 changes we did as much as we could for the character.

Vice

New Nova Tech

That ground throw stuff looks useful. Work with anyone with a quick enough OTG. I tried Nova Force to devil trigger and was able to get a full combo after. It's 7 minutes into the first video.

The Dr.Strange stuff just shows how bonkers the pairing is.

True. Does he tell you to stop cheating/stop being cheap? Some of my friends still get mad over that sort of stuff.

I wish we had replays in vanilla. I'd love to have footage showing just how bad I was then!

I barely used Felicia in vanilla, mostly because I was mad that she didn't have her sand splash hyper from mvc2 lol

And OTG assists were AMAZING!! Hahaha

I think my day one vanilla team was Spencer/Haggar/Akuma. And I don't really play any of them much now.

The Akuma health nerf in ultimate was really uncalled for. I'd play him on point if he still had 850K
Nah, my BIL is a war veteran, so he knows all about playing to win. He jokes about stuff being cheap, but in practice he just works harder to overcome it. He has the attitude, just not the skills.

Ghazi

I have a friend who plinks by setting the dash to L+M, I believe, and then cancels it with H.

Fuck that, Wavedashing fo lyfe.

Also, there's a tournament on October. Gotta get that practice in yo. Whenever I'm XBL, no matter what I'm playing, feel free to message me and we can play some sets!

Zissou

I usually wavedash but sometimes plink dash- depends on the character. Some characters seem much more difficult to plink dash consistently with than others. With Strider, I'm pretty consistent, but for whatever reason the timing is tighter for Dante.

Top Bottom