• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

GGs. You need to learn to stop holding forward when I've got Voomerangs on the screen!

I did on purpose most of the time for the extra meter. It's hard to get meter when you can't hit the damn small target and the assist takes a hit taking longer to recover. What I'm salty about is the damn fact I could have saved Dark Phoenix multiple times if I reacted like I should have. Didn't XF and lost her to a damn easy hyper to avoid or not using a hyper...

reading my post, I sound salty as hell.
Maybe I should take a quick break...

onionfrog

I see you just signed off. Do you still want to play?
Sure, I was just playing some Fire Emblem 4 in the meantime.

EDIT:
Good Games Karst.

I know you would've beaten me even without them, but fuck hidden missiles. Hidden missiles going through oroboros orbs and hitting strider was some bullshit.

I am proud of the one match I actually managed to win. Once I got things going with Felicia in that match it really worked well.

What did you think of the connection?
It seemed pretty close to the last time we played, with the exception of that one weird moment of lag in one of the matches.
I'm using one of those ethernet over powerline adapters. Since I can't run a cord to my PS3 in this new apartment.

Anyone up for matches?

Karst, you're either being too modest or fishing for complements. You play that team very solidly and surely will have great tech with it in the future.
I really don't feel like I am good with the characters yet. I still push the wrong buttons sometimes, and I end my Doom blockstrings with goddamn s.S half the time! "Suck" is probably too strong of a word, but I judge myself based on what I could be doing. I need to watch some FChamp videos since he uses that team...

B-But I love pushing buttons!

And if you "suck" with that team, then I suck with everyone in this entire game.
I can tell! :p

Also, you should play TheMangoSentinel on here. He has a really stellar Felicia/Strider. I've never been so scared of Felicia, honestly.

GGs Kevo. Did you have a mic on? I could've swore I heard someone going "DAMN" during one or two games. :lol
LOL I thought I muted my mic!
I was getting frustrated a lot at the lag spikes; so many dropped combos and things that I swear to you was blocked (ryu's crouching L was a goddamn unblockable by itself last night)
GGs tho. Seems like you've put in more work

I had the scrubbiest session last night. I just couldn't get shit going. Actually it was the entire day that I played like shit. I know everyone has those days, but damn it's irritating. And what's even more frustrating is that I decided to play SF4 as well and I cleaned house. I haven't seriously played that game since January. Hell I didn't do too bad at 3rd Strike and I haven't had a session longer than 30 min in about 2 years.......

Fuck Marvel....................no............fuck Zero.

FSLink

Banned
Just got back from a smaller tourney in Corpus Christi, TX. Got tied for 5th. I'm so free to Jan's Hulk lol. He ended up taking the whole tourney.

GGs Onion Frog. Highlight of those matches was dat Felicia full screen lvl3. I literally screamed "What the Fuck!" since when is that move full screen.

Also Iron Man's repulsor ray assist sucks as a defensive option.

It's not an invincible AA assist and should never be used for that purpose.

It doesn't have to be invincible. He should just jump in and use it, instead of jumping in, then pausing for a sec, then doing the move. Make it punishable after the move. I'm no Iron Man expert or anything so take what I say about it with a grain of salt. To me it looks like it's more of a combo extender than anything else, but the move looks like it should be more of an anti air defense move.

Dahbomb

You just have to call it out well in advance against an aerial opponent, it's like a zoning move. It also absorbs projectiles and can protect you against Hidden Missiles. The move basically creates a giant hit box on the screen and makes tri dasher wary of going in all the time. It's also great for incoming mix ups.

There should be a set of Joker against ChrisG where he used that assist very well in the neutral to negate fireballs/missiles while also catching Morrigan with it into a combo. It's a fairly unique assist so you have to sort of practice with it.

onionfrog

GGs Onion Frog. Highlight of those matches was dat Felicia full screen lvl3. I literally screamed "What the Fuck!" since when is that move full screen.

Hahaha!
You can control the distance it comes out at by holding l m or h.

I was dying when you sent me that "No fly zone baby!" message after one of our matches.

I love repulsor blast with Felicia. The mixups are pretty nuts. Well I like repulsor blast in general....I abuse the hell out of that move.
Also, you should play TheMangoSentinel on here. He has a really stellar Felicia/Strider. I've never been so scared of Felicia, honestly.

I think Felicia/Strider is slept on. It's my absolute favorite shell to play as.

I'm in the mood to make some new teams. I really really need to work on my second characters so I think I will make some new teams for them as point characters.

I just started using Spencer/Dante/Sentinel and I'm enjoying the Spencer/Dante dynamic a lot.

Oh and I asked a question a few weeks back, but I don't know if anyone answered or if anyone even knew the answer....but does anyone know why Captain America's Hyper Charging Star builds meter during the super? And are there any other supers besides install supers that build meter? It's not much meter, but sometimes it's enough to push you to that next meter and DHC.

I didn't respond to the Captain America note because I wasn't sure if it was true - I've never tried it. That would be the only one if it did, AFAIK.

I didn't respond to the Captain America note because I wasn't sure if it was true - I've never tried it. That would be the only one if it did, AFAIK.

It's actually some kind of anomaly and it only happens.....during combos? I can't quite figure it out. Cause a raw super won't do it, but if you used an assist during your combo then it will. And it's not the assist hitting during the super....the assist has been long gone.

There should be a set of Joker against ChrisG where he used that assist very well in the neutral to negate fireballs/missiles while also catching Morrigan with it into a combo. It's a fairly unique assist so you have to sort of practice with it.
Hahaha!
You can control the distance it comes out at by holding l m or h..

Okay this stuff is good to know. I had no idea.

Oh and I asked a question a few weeks back, but I don't know if anyone answered or if anyone even knew the answer....but does anyone know why Captain America's Hyper Charging Star builds meter during the super?

What really!? Does it? That would have to be some kind of glitch, right? Was it like that in Vanilla?

Okay this stuff is good to know. I had no idea.

What really!? Does it? That would have to be some kind of glitch, right? Was it like that in Vanilla?

I have no idea if it was like that in vanilla. I wasn't suicidal enough to pick Cap back then.

EDIT: Hahaha. I just figured it out. It's the damn shield coming back to him during a shield slash. I just forget about it because it's in the middle of the super. Well, mystery solved.....I feel dumb. I've been wondering that for months.

Yea I remember thinking, "Man I wish Cap was better, he only needs a few things" to "Man Cap is such bullshit"

Yeah Cap kills me. Besides Zero and Vergil, these are the top 5 characters that blow me up/I hate to fight. In order.

1. Haggar
2. Taskmaster
3. Hawkeye
4. Tron
5. Captain America

Cap used to be number 2, but I've gotten much much better at dealing with him. In fact I'm almost ready to take him off this list.

I have no idea if it was like that in vanilla. I wasn't suicidal enough to pick Cap back then.

EDIT: Hahaha. I just figured it out. It's the damn shield coming back to him during a shield slash. I just forget about it because it's in the middle of the super. Well, mystery solved.....I feel dumb. I've been wondering that for months.
Dont feel dumb. I used to think Chaotic Flame built meter.

Dahbomb

Repulsar Blast also negates advance guard which is why it's great for setting up incoming mix ups with a slow assist. Note that the Repulsar Spread portion can in fact be advance guarded.

What makes Tron difficult for you to deal with?
The fact that I have to really adjust my combos and dumb them down significantly, otherwise she falls out. Since she has so much fucking health, it takes me numerous combos to take her out. I should've mentioned that it's more that she's also paired with Frank West most of the time, so since it takes like 3 (awkward) combos to kill her, she gets numerous chances to get that 1 bop and level up Frank West.

I just really hate her health and stupid hitbox.
Dont feel dumb. I used to think Chaotic Flame built meter.

It's just funny that I noticed during the startup animation that he doesn't have his shield if you threw it out first. So he's just plowing through shit with his fists and face. But yeah it clicked once I noticed he didn't have his shield. You just can't see it coming back through all the bullshit.

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah Cap kills me. Besides Zero and Vergil, these are the top 5 characters that blow me up/I hate to fight. In order.

1. Haggar
2. Taskmaster
3. Hawkeye

4. Tron
5. Captain America

Cap used to be number 2, but I've gotten much much better at dealing with him. In fact I'm almost ready to take him off this list.
haha.

Heh...I told you man. As soon as I saw your team, I knew I was absolutely fucked.

I'm actually working on a team now, just to counter yours. I have never done this before....solely created a team just to fight one person. I mean I've made anti ChrisG teams, but I've never worried too much about it since I am probably not fighting ChrisG anytime soon, and the MorriDoom teams that I have fought are nowhere near his level.

I am hardcore debating learning Shuma just because of you.

Ghazi

He's not great because some characters slaughter him at the startup. If you put him with Double Lariat it can work, though.

Hmmm, I'd rather not use Haggar. I would put him anchor but I want to get Strider there, maybe Dante/Hawkeye/Strider or Jill/Hawkeye/Strider or Iron Man/Hawkeye/Strider? I don't think Strider works well as a second character position, but I've honestly never tried it and may be wrong.

Hmmm, I'd rather not use Haggar. I would put him anchor but I want to get Strider there, maybe Dante/Hawkeye/Strider or Jill/Hawkeye/Strider or Iron Man/Hawkeye/Strider? I don't think Strider works well as a second character position, but I've honestly never tried it and may be wrong.

Second is the one position I don't think Hawkeye should be at. Point or anchor in my opinion.

Top Bottom