• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

onionfrog

On topic, lets give Morrigan the aerial command grab and remove OTG Soul Fist. OTG Soul Fist is better, but I think the command grab fits her playstyle intentions more. Plus it will be fly cancelable, which sounds like fun shenanigans.
Yes! Thank you.

How about we keep the increased untechale time so Morrigan can use OTG assists off of her command grabs and air throws (not ground throws)?
I know I'm not a committee member but I'm cool with this.

Sigmaah

I completely understand this.

I was in the same position in regards to having no idea where I was going in school, but both school and marriage ended up working out well for me.

I wish you the best of luck with both!

I don't know about 900k, but it'd be nice if he still had his vanilla health. (850k? I think)

I have the same problem whenever I want to play akuma, RR or Strider(non-anchor). I really enjoy point strider, but that low health makes it hard to justify.

Striders 750k makes sense though, since he has such a strong assist.

Thank you bro!

I'd honestly be down to make Striders health 900K, dude does so little damage, unless you increase his damage then his health shouldn't be touched. I think Akuma had 800K total in Vanilla, so I'd like to have it 850K for the patch (if it ever happens lmao)

No worries about bringing the marriage up. This thread is a community. Going OT is cool. Also, I love learning more about other cultures from the people who belong to them.

OT, I am teaching math, science, and chess at a middle school these days.

On topic, lets give Morrigan the aerial command grab and remove OTG Soul Fist. OTG Soul Fist is better, but I think the command grab fits her playstyle intentions more. Plus it will be fly cancelable, which sounds like fun shenanigans.

How about we keep the increased untechale time so Morrigan can use OTG assists off of her command grabs and air throws (not ground throws)?

Thanks bro!

How do you like what you're doing? Sounds enjoyable especially with the kids and their age lol.

I'm fine with those Morrigan changes, I don't mind her being able to otg with an assist.

GB, are we still good for tonight?

Good! I wish more non-committee members were more vocal.

I'd say you all are going in the right direction.

But if you want input, I only give this for Phoenix. That's all I care for at this point.
MAKE HER DAMN HEALING SPHERE HELPFUL. SHIT DON"T DO NOTHIN!
The amount it heals needs to be more or allow just regular Phoenix to take less damage.
There is no reason to use it except for Dark Phoenix, and the only thing it's good for is to keep the drain at bay.
But as you said, or was it Dabomb? She is to easily broken or underpowered.

onionfrog

Thank you bro!
I'd honestly be down to make Striders health 900K, dude does so little damage, unless you increase his damage then his health shouldn't be touched.
Yeah.
We're buffing his damage in the imaginary patch slightly and making legion not ass. I think that's sufficient.

And I still love using point strider as is. Mad pressure and resets, which is just my style!

I really really wish this game would get an update! :(
I know there is no chance tho

OT, I am teaching math, science, and chess at a middle school these days.

I am honestly not surprised by this. You seem like a dude who has a passion to pass on information and voice your opinion.

Good! I wish more non-committee members were more vocal.

I would but Im only familiar with a few characters very well and they all seem to be locked in and decided in the patch. As for the other characters you guys seem to know them better so, I could only give my opinions on a casual level.

Also I got into an argument with my brother yesterday about Vergil. He said for a few tweaks here or there he is a fair character. Spiral Swords and all. I think no character should have an instant locked down and mix up potential and be meter positive on a combo. He has like almost every tool in the game. Between him and Zero you don't even get to play. Then he is like you use Hulk and Wesker you have the derpiest team ever (which I agree is an super easy to team to play) you have no right to complain about Vergil, at least Vergil has to work for his combo's. Man my team may be low execution but it isn't easy to get in on people, I can't just turn on SS throw out an assist and teleport for easy kills. End rant.

Onionfrog, please stop calling the patch imaginary. It hurts my feelings. :( Use the less disheartening "theoretical" if you must.

I'd say you all are going in the right direction.

But if you want input, I only give this for Phoenix. That's all I care for at this point.
MAKE HER DAMN HEALING SPHERE HELPFUL. SHIT DON"T DO NOTHIN!
The amount it heals needs to be more or allow just regular Phoenix to take less damage.
There is no reason to use it except for Dark Phoenix, and the only thing it's good for is to keep the drain at bay.
But as you said, or was it Dabomb? She is to easily broken or underpowered.
I think it is cool that one of her hypers is ace in Dark Phoenix form, but not so great otherwise. Also, you are missing its best aspect: obfuscation. You can't see shit when that thing is up.

Yeah Slasher, your team wins but is also very fair. I get salty when we play, but its not justifiable.

Also, even casual observations are good. Everyone sees stuff from different angles.

I'll make a post about middle school teaching later. This weekend I will crack out more annotations.

Also, what characters do you all think can do well with only Sentinel Force assist?

I think Nova has good enough normals that he doesn't need a beam assist. Crouching M or Nova's slide special to close the gap on the ground or just air dash or J.S. for air mobility. Nova hits? Combo. Nova gets blocked? Drones connect proceeded by Nova doing that stupid up down light overhead shit.

Onionfrog, please stop calling the patch imaginary. It hurts my feelings. :( Use the less disheartening "theoretical" if you must.

I think it is cool that one of her hypers is ace in Dark Phoenix form, but not so great otherwise. Also, you are missing its best aspect: obfuscation. You can't see shit when that thing is up.
Yeah that's great for Dark Phoenix since she has the added effect of the wings to hide the traps or shots, let alone the feathers.

As of now Phoenix's life is expanded to around 750,000 with healing sphere as the same for Dark Phoenix
Now I did this with no assist, no XF, and no assist and I was always in the sphere when damaging Phoenix or Dark Phoenix.
Now what happens if someone uses a hyper or X-Factor or an assist?
X-Factor does more damage before the healing sphere can do it's job.
A hyper where it is a projectile that pushes her away or cut scene renders it useless.
An assist would either help or cause problems for the attacker do to hit stun.

Looking at it with this in mind, I don't know what you could do to help her other then raising her life up a bit more or maybe have it heal during the cut scenes.

I think Nova has good enough normals that he doesn't need a beam assist. Crouching M or Nova's slide special to close the gap on the ground or just air dash or J.S. for air mobility. Nova hits? Combo. Nova gets blocked? Drones connect proceeded by Nova doing that stupid up down light overhead shit.

Plus Centurion Rush (L) is immune to push blocking, so really Nova could call drones from full screen and do CR with a good probability of converting something like Slasher mentioned.

Dahbomb

I am fine with the new Morrigan changes although I want to see the full changelist (including the infinite fix) before I make any votes.

Next few characters to discuss include Trish, Zero (Buster changes), Joe (Beef requested st.M change), Spider Man and base damage on Wolverine.

Actually I want all committee members to go through the entire list now and check for stuff they have problems with. The only characters that are on hold are Viper, Firebrand, Taskmaster, MODOK, Rocket Raccoon and any other character with a form of unblockable type move. We just about close to wrap it up, definitely should think about finishing it up before the weekend is over.

On Sentinel Drones... Iron Man and Storm both work well with just Drones.

Frantic

Looking at Morrigan's infinite, there are several things I noticed. One, the height at which Shadow Blade props characters seems perfect to continue juggling the opposing character in an infinite. If Shadow Blade props characters lower, it's less likely they'll be at a height where another Shadow Blade would connect.

Another is that it seriously looks like Morrigan is canceling any sort of ground recovery into Shadow Blade. I think if we removed that ability, it would remove the infinite and allow the opposing character to hit the ground properly.

And lastly, another fix could be to allow Shell Kick to force characters to fall slightly faster. Like, instead of juggling at more or less the same height for each hit of Shell Kick, each hit of Shell Kick causes characters to descend more with each hit. That way, they'll be too low on the final hit for the Shadow Blade to connect.

For Spencer's infinite, I'm not totally sure how to fix it without fucking up a lot of his hitconfirms/combos. Have to look into it more.

Vice

Doesnt Nova need a good projectile to get in safely? I feel like he will get smashed going in with just Sentinel force. I totally agree with the other two.

Anything that can cover almost the entire screen will help. A standard beam or arrow is only needed in certain match ups.

GB, are you getting on? Not sure what your pan is on that system.

Looking at Morrigan's infinite, there are several things I noticed. One, the height at which Shadow Blade props characters seems perfect to continue juggling the opposing character in an infinite. If Shadow Blade props characters lower, it's less likely they'll be at a height where another Shadow Blade would connect.

Another is that it seriously looks like Morrigan is canceling any sort of ground recovery into Shadow Blade. I think if we removed that ability, it would remove the infinite and allow the opposing character to hit the ground properly.

And lastly, another fix could be to allow Shell Kick to force characters to fall slightly faster. Like, instead of juggling at more or less the same height for each hit of Shell Kick, each hit of Shell Kick causes characters to descend more with each hit. That way, they'll be too low on the final hit for the Shadow Blade to connect.

For Spencer's infinite, I'm not totally sure how to fix it without fucking up a lot of his hitconfirms/combos. Have to look into it more.
I like your first solution because less prop up would probably boost finishing shower damage slightly, and her crossunder shadow blade would happen less often. It also has no effect on her neutral game, while the second one does. The third would mess with her combo extensions.

Dahbomb

Because we don't know how lower the float has to be or how low the max scaling has to be. If you lower each value individually too much that might affect her combos but a slight reduction in one of them might not even fix the issue.

Its pretty clear from watching the infinite that the hit stun on it at max scaling is pretty high as is the float. Capcom has employed dual fixes like that before to prevent loops (they did with Zero in fact and as you can tell that really didn't impact his combos much).

Because we don't know how lower the float has to be or how low the max scaling has to be. If you lower each value individually too much that might affect her combos but a slight reduction in one of them might not even fix the issue.

Its pretty clear from watching the infinite that the hit stun on it at max scaling is pretty high as is the float. Capcom has employed dual fixes like that before to prevent loops (they did with Zero in fact and as you can tell that really didn't impact his combos much).
We would need to reduce finishing shower startup to be safe.

Frantic

One thing to remember is that this change really only needs to be done on Shadow Blade M. The infinite isn't possible(to my knowledge) with the L or H versions, so we don't really need to mess with those versions any.

Frantic

Why is it only possible on M version but not the others?
The height, primarily. Both Shadow Blade L and H prop characters too high, and Shadow Blade H props characters up faster than either L or M so if you fly cancel it immediately they shoot up really high. You can see the difference pretty clearly when using the different strengths, and Shadow Blade M is just the right height for the infinite. The other two are not.

Also, did we remove Viper's s.S(one hit) > TK Cancel > s.S(one hit) infinite?

Dahbomb

Then this seems like just a float issue.

If nothing else... at least these patch talks has allowed us to learn more about the game!

Dahbomb

Yeah just as I presumed...

This was the "tech" that Nemo was saving for finals.

This also means that unless they hard ban this bug FChamp CANNOT use Phoenix against Nemo because you know he will be using this tech.

99% sure that if someone pulls this off in a tournament it will be banned on the spot just like that deadman glitch.

Frantic

I already hear "I DIDN'T GET TO PLAY, DAWG!!!" from Fchamp.

I wonder if that glitch works against everyone. If it is, that's a serious glitch that should be banned from tournament play. Otherwise, you could win after killing two characters(possibly one character if the glitch allows for it...).

Dahbomb

Yeah obviously this is a bannable glitch.

I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the whole cast... kill Doom with Vergil waiting in the back but the match is over before Vergil gets to play!

Rapid Slash assist is so useful. knocks down from the front, keeps them standing from the back. Also extends the time round trip is on screen after a raw tag. Tons of chip damage, massive hitbox and fullscreen carry. Total dream assist for Hawkeye.
Too tired. I was falling asleep. How about sometime tomorrow?

Sure, can't guarantee the time since I've got three places to be tomorrow. Gonna hit the card shop on the other side of the city, go down to the south side for an art workshop then back up to the metreon for a movie.

Top Bottom