• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

onionfrog

She would be a zoner with an air command grab (only character to have this in the game) but she would also be the only character to not solo OTG after her throws.
I honestly think this would be fine, since her Soul fist chip game is so strong.

I'm also worried that with OTG soul fist, she might be able to combo into some ridiculous soul drain combos with the right assists. (Eye of agamotto or Cold Stars)

Dahbomb

I honestly think this would be fine, since her Soul fist chip game is so oppressive for a lot of the cast.
Well we nerfed the chip though which is why this whole argument even has some amount of weight. The ability to OTG after throws was a way to make her more versatile and cover up for her loss in chip damage but then I saw the aerial command throw and I was like "nope, that's over the top".

So really a choice has to be made between those two changes as far as I am concerned. No way in hell am I signing off on both going though. In any case no one should be voting until the infinite change is decided so we have a finalized list.

Sigmaah

You're going to have to buy a physical copy.IIRC they never released a digital download for UMVC3 on PSN.

Also RE: Imaginary balance patch:
-OTG soul fists on Morrigan is uneccessary.

I understand wanting to let every character get a full combo off air throw, but her soul fist chip game is soo good that allowing her to get full combos off air throws too would be too much IMO.

Oh fuck, I thought they did, I can't get a physical copy cause my ps3 disk tray is fucked up, FUUUUUUUCK.

And I agree with your points about Morrigan.

I thought about Lightning stopping where you cancel Buster but I don't think that would fix it and in result would just lead to more ambiguous mix ups.

Vergil's pressure game is only comparable to Zero's if he has Round Trip Glitch AND LVL1 Spiral Swords... we took both of those away now his pressure game is mediocre.

Invincibility on utility hypers leads to wonky shit like being able to dodge Gimlet on reaction or avoiding stuff for a punish. They don't need it, it's superfluous for them to even have it.

I would be OK with removing OTG Soul Fist and keep aerial command grab. I mean Karst's argument always revolves around "well no character is like Morrigan so she should be treated as such" and this comes in line with that. She would be a zoner with an air command grab (only character to have this in the game) but she would also be the only character to not solo OTG after her throws. Having both makes her a better grappler than fucking Thor because not even Thor gets full combos from his air throw even in this patch. Besides I was the one who even suggested the change.

Lmfao at the bolded. Very True. I say either give her otg soul fists or air command grab, having both is insane.

So how else do you get away from Gimlet? Just block? I would say duck like the video I posted shows but I dunno how viable that is.

onionfrog

Oh fuck, I thought they did, I can't get a physical copy cause my ps3 disk tray is fucked up, FUUUUUUUCK.
That sucks.
They cited technical issues as the reason why they didn't release it on PSN. Which seems like a BS excuse to me.

So how else do you get away from Gimlet? Just block? I would say duck like the video I posted shows but I dunno how viable that is.
Raw Tag, Any Hyper Flash, Nova's taunt.

Blocking it would be fine too, it doesn't do much chip.

EDIT:
You can dash too if you have a fast dash.
Oh cool, that's good to know.

Dahbomb

You can dash too if you have a fast dash.

Also Beef I have not forgotten about the st.M change, we will add that in once we start talking about Joe again.

CorvoSol

-Only Vita
-No crossbuy (I think)
-You get gold herald colors and you get a replay match function where you can see hitboxes (I think that's about it for differences)
-Pretty sure you'll have to buy DLC for both, they don't transfer.

Anyone know about MayFlash Universal Adapter? Heard it was good, gonna pick it up and pick up marvel on ps3 so I can finally play you PS3ers! How much is marvel on PSN? 20?

Oh man that suuuucks.

JeTmAn81

-Only Vita
-No crossbuy (I think)
-You get gold herald colors and you get a replay match function where you can see hitboxes (I think that's about it for differences)
-Pretty sure you'll have to buy DLC for both, they don't transfer.

Anyone know about MayFlash Universal Adapter? Heard it was good, gonna pick it up and pick up marvel on ps3 so I can finally play you PS3ers! How much is marvel on PSN? 20?

Oh man that suuuucks.

The DLC does transfer, actually. I bought Jill and Shuma for the PS3 version and got them on the Vita for free. Also, the graphics are slightly downgraded from the PS3 version, as should be expected. It's mostly noticeable in the effects on projectiles, but I never really even think about it.

smurfx

get some go again
Zero is one of the dumbest anchors in the game, but he somehow manages to be even dumber on point so you never actually want to put him there.

I honestly expected that video to be just a bunch of solo lightning loops that take forever to kill in XF3, but some those mixups were worth it. I burst out laughing at how absurd some of them were.
a couple of times i managed to get cloud down to just his zero with my whole team in tact and i lost to his xf3 zero. -_-

I don't...

Those mix ups cannot be blocked by a human. Even Dark Vergil mix ups are like 3 layers deep usually this is some next level shit.

That's part of the fun! Instead of Zero/Dante/Vergil I want to see Vergil/Dante/Zero. Come on you ZMC players, one of you must have the same insane idea.

Dahbomb

I think someone should just start Zero, turn him into Sogenmu mode then raw tag him out. Use the double fireball assist for the neutral and play Vergil or Dante on point. Save XF for Zero and then go ham.

Them top tier gimmicks.

I think someone should just start Zero, turn him into Sogenmu mode then raw tag him out. Use the double fireball assist for the neutral and play Vergil or Dante on point. Save XF for Zero and then go ham.

Them top tier gimmicks.

Joe/Hidden Missiles/Zero

Fuck, I actually wanna play this.

onionfrog

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";83812761]I've missed you so much, Marvel ;_;[/QUOTE]
I take it you picked up a copy.
This game is addictive, man.

I've decided to mess around with a point ryu team.
It's tenatively:
Ryu/Felicia/Sentinel.

I wish ryu could convert off his air throws without an OTG assist. ;_;

Sigmaah

The DLC does transfer, actually. I bought Jill and Shuma for the PS3 version and got them on the Vita for free. Also, the graphics are slightly downgraded from the PS3 version, as should be expected. It's mostly noticeable in the effects on projectiles, but I never really even think about it.

Oh I guess I was wrong, my fault lol,

Back in business hour 1 tech:

Hawkeye 400k chip blockstring: H +A1(Rapid Slash) xx Triple Shot/Speed Shot, H xx Kamikaze xx Gimlet, H +A2(EMD) xx Triple Shot/Speed Shot

Fullscreen 50/50: H xx Kamikaze xx Gimlet DHC Spiral Swords, Teleport behind/above

A lot of my experimenting today has been about canceling Kamikaze into gimlet. It's so good, why didn't I think of it before? Forces the opponent to eat whatever you feel like doing. It's almost like an instant mini-Stalking Flare. I'm telling you guys, Hawkeye/Vergil is so serious. Flocker is a fraud.

Also, I might run Hawkeye/Vergil/Akuma as backup, tatsu assist is super duper useful for Hawkeye and I can do most of the vergil stuff I could with EMD while getting pickups off of helm breaker.

onionfrog

Good Games Kevo Huevo.
Your Spencer has certainly leveled up since we last played!

Those matches were a lot of fun.

I'm pretty salty about getting air throw out of Air Detra Kick by Nova some many times though.

I completely stole all of those solo Hawkeye comebacks though. lol

I've got a suggestion for the patch notes:
Felicia:
+Health increased to 900,000.
+Delta Kick H assist pushes opponents back significantly on block; point Delta Kick now hits multiple characters.
+Cat & Mouse is now special cancelable, distance increased slightly.
+Kitty Helper summon now runs slightly faster and jumps slightly farther.
+Neko Punch now causes a crumple state.
+Rolling Uppercut is now jump cancelable off of the opponent on block or hit.
+Cat Spike M vertical hitbox increased downward; now hits crouching characters more consistently.
+Toy Touch hitstun returned to Vanilla status.
+Sand Splash projectile hit points increased to 5; blockstun increased; assist version startup reduced to 35 frames; input changed to qcf.S (H version).
+Wall jump and wall cling now available at superjump height; wall cling input changed to b,b.
+Felicia's level 3 hyper can now be X Factor cancelled on whiff.

Assists: Rolling Buckler L + Rolling Slide, Sand Splash, Delta Kick H

Sigmaah

Nemo just called out Filipino EVO Champ for 1000 United States Dollars at Capcom Cup.

Shit is about to pop off.

YOOOOOOO. HYPE!

Slant Shot is nice but I wish it was bigger...
Might just switch Spencer back to Akuma, I can never find a perfect 2nd slot for Zero/X/Vergil.

Off-Topic: Parents wanna get me married soon... Da FUQ son. Wut do Marvel-GAF.

Good Games Kevo Huevo.
Your Spencer has certainly leveled up since we last played!

Those matches were a lot of fun.

I'm pretty salty about getting air throw out of Air Detra Kick by Nova some many times though.

I completely stole all of those solo Hawkeye comebacks though. lol
GGs Frog.
Heh, thanks, I actually dropped spencer for a while and picked him up again for my new main team. Though I should stop going for zip loops in lag, since I can only land like 1.5 reps of it.

Yeah some crazy shit was going down lol I should not have played lame against your hawkeye. I bet that must have been satisfying to land those level 3s to finish me off; I could only laugh in disbelief lol

Yeah I actually have been trying to watch moons play a lot more and try to rely less on box dash h, but it's so dumb I get back into the habit of just doing it for no raisin.

I like those Felicia mix ups on incoming and dat reset with vajra in the corner tho

Dahbomb

Then get married provided you are in a stable situation financially and professionally. This sounds like arranged marriage and I will tell you this from personal experience... it's better to do that when you are younger (like low-mid twenties) than late age because then it becomes harder to find someone.

onionfrog

Yeah some crazy shit was going down lol I should not have played lame against your hawkeye. I bet that must have been satisfying to land those level 3s to finish me off; I could only laugh in disbelief lol
Absolutely! It felt great! But I didn't deserve to win those lol.
I was laughing too when I managed to clutch those out though.

Yeah I actually have been trying to watch moons play a lot more and try to rely less on box dash h, but it's so dumb I get back into the habit of just doing it for no raisin.
The lag wasn't helping me block those. :(

I like those Felicia mix ups on incoming and dat reset with vajra in the corner tho
Thanks man.

I'm debating trying out a different character in the second slot who can actually let me kill a character off a DHC, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

Doom would be ideal, but I'm horrible with him and don't like playing as him either.

Is it an arranged marriage?

Azure J

ioWky4bBagwFc.gif

I seriously think this is the most amazing thing I've seen in the last year or so for Marvel. Holy shit that damn near invisible TK Raikousen M - Hienkyaku corner crossup on a standing character (was filthy. I feel like I need to call the sanitation department now.

lol and people say if you have anchor Zero "you fucked up". Strider died in 4 real time seconds.

Solune, let me just take a quick second to say sorry I ever doubted this. I seem to remember you talking about anchor Zero at some point in an older thread. I have been thoroughly enlightened now. What the actual fuck man. :lol

Imagine if that monster had a good assist...

Sigmaah

Then get married provided you are in a stable situation financially and professionally. This sounds like arranged marriage and I will tell you this from personal experience... it's better to do that when you are younger (like low-mid twenties) than late age because then it becomes harder to find someone.

Thanks for the advice, it is an arranged marriage. I'm only 20 so I've still got some time I think. Pretty sure they wanna marry me to a cousin which I don't wanna do. Rather have it be non-family. I don't even know what position I'll be in a few years so that's why I don't want them to have me "reserved" for someone.

Is it an arranged marriage?

Sure is :/

FSLink

Banned
Finally got to see the whole anchor Zero video at home (was at work), and LOL, that block stun setup against Spiral Swords Vergil. Stealing so hard.

FT50 this weekend GB?

YOOOOOOO. HYPE!

Slant Shot is nice but I wish it was bigger...
Might just switch Spencer back to Akuma, I can never find a perfect 2nd slot for Zero/X/Vergil.

Make sure she is nice and pretty.

onionfrog

I don't even know what position I'll be in a few years so that's why I don't want them to have me "reserved" for someone.

Sure is :/
Hmm, arranged marriages are something I'm completely unfamiliar with.

I do agree with Dahbomb's sentiment about being in a stable position financially and professionally before getting married.

Perhaps you can talk your parents into letting you wait a few years to get yourself into a better financial/professional position before you get married?

I don't know...
If you dont mind my asking, what is your situation now?
Are you still in school?

This too.

Sigmaah

Lmao, ill deff make sure of that!

Hmm, arranged marriages are something I'm completely unfamiliar with.

I do agree with Dahbomb's sentiment about being in a stable position financially and professionally before getting married.

Perhaps you can talk your parents into letting you wait a few years to get yourself into a better financial/professional position before you get married?

I don't know...
If you dont mind my asking, what is your situation now?
Are you still in school?

Yeah no issue at all bro, I'm still in school and I'm pretty sure this won't happen for a couple years. But the issue is that they're gonna find someone now and ill probs be engaged until I'm finally set. The problem with that is, I don't wanna be on reserve for someone and next thing you know, things didn't quite turn out how I wanted and I'm not financially stable, which means I've wasted the girls time. I'm telling them not to do shit until I'm finally set but who knows what their plan is, and they want me to marry a cousin, like a cousin cousin which I don't want because that's kinda gross... No disrespect to anyone else who's done it but that's too close of genes.

Tatsu assist too godlike.

Dahbomb

I would seriously pass if you are just 20, still getting your job stuff in order and if it's in family. If you don't want to marry in the family then you need to make it clear now or else they will have it arranged and it would be too late (well its never too late they can't physically force you but it will create unneeded tension in the family). Cite facts about genetic anomalies in off springs if you have to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't imagine getting married at 20. Obviously not everyone is the same, but you're pretty much still getting acclimated to adulthood, probably don't even have a firm grasp on where your life is headed yet. Even having someone "on reserve" seems like a pretty shaky commitment even before you get to the actual arranged marriage IMO. If you feel similarly maybe you should talk to your parents about that and the pressures that don't help with uncertainty in the picture. You are in charge of your own life, as strong as family pressure may be, you gotta ultimately do what you feel is best for you before you start accumulating regrets.

Brains are not a requirement.

Seriously though, good luck with the arranged marriage. Hopefully, it works out for the best for both of your situations.
Brains are great, but nice > all, and pretty just makes life better. Ideally you have all three, but nice and pretty edge out intelligence.

Lmao, ill deff make sure of that!

Yeah no issue at all bro, I'm still in school and I'm pretty sure this won't happen for a couple years. But the issue is that they're gonna find someone now and ill probs be engaged until I'm finally set. The problem with that is, I don't wanna be on reserve for someone and next thing you know, things didn't quite turn out how I wanted and I'm not financially stable, which means I've wasted the girls time. I'm telling them not to do shit until I'm finally set but who knows what their plan is, and they want me to marry a cousin, like a cousin cousin which I don't want because that's kinda gross... No disrespect to anyone else who's done it but that's too close of genes.

Tatsu assist too godlike.
Yeah, cousin marriage is gross. My non-blood-related uncle actually married his first cousin. :-/ We don't talk to that weird ass anymore.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";83845329]yessir, also found some SF-style wakeup shit with Hawkeye ^_^[/QUOTE]
When do you want to do it?

I'm surprised how painless it was to pick the game back up after not playing for a month. Other than some x-factor combos it's like I never stopped playing.
When do you want to do it?

Either day is fine, but I'm gonna go see a movie one of the two days I dunno when yet. I could do tomorrow around 7-8?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";83852007]Either day is fine, but I'm gonna go see a movie one of the two days I dunno when yet. I could do tomorrow around 7-8?[/QUOTE]
I will let you know if that works sometime mid-tomorrow.

Sigmaah

Brains are not a requirement.

Seriously though, good luck with the arranged marriage. Hopefully, it works out for the best for both of your situations.

Thanks homie, hopefully I'll be on Gaf for the years to come and I'll let all of you know what's good!

I would seriously pass if you are just 20, still getting your job stuff in order and if it's in family. If you don't want to marry in the family then you need to make it clear now or else they will have it arranged and it would be too late (well its never too late they can't physically force you but it will create unneeded tension in the family). Cite facts about genetic anomalies in off springs if you have to.

Ya I'm gonna let them know that cousin is a no-go, I'll cite facts for sure, they just want a cousin cause they want my future family to already be family right from the start, I dunno, it's some weird paki shit. I wouldn't find it weird and probs would just accept it if I wasn't raised in America my whole life. They seem to keep forgetting that lmao.

I can't imagine getting married at 20. Obviously not everyone is the same, but you're pretty much still getting acclimated to adulthood, probably don't even have a firm grasp on where your life is headed yet. Even having someone "on reserve" seems like a pretty shaky commitment even before you get to the actual arranged marriage IMO. If you feel similarly maybe you should talk to your parents about that and the pressures that don't help with uncertainty in the picture. You are in charge of your own life, as strong as family pressure may be, you gotta ultimately do what you feel is best for you before you start accumulating regrets.

Ya I have no idea where I'm headed right now, all I know is I gotta finish school no matter how long it takes me. And having that pressure of someone waiting for me is something I don't want. Tbh I wanna marry someone I fall in love with, not just someone random girl I'm "forced" to fall in love with. They're only doing this because it's culture, so I'm not mad or anything, they just need to realize my culture is the American culture and not the Pakistani culture.

Brains are great, but nice > all, and pretty just makes life better. Ideally you have all three, but nice and pretty edge out intelligence.

Yeah, cousin marriage is gross. My non-blood-related uncle actually married his first cousin. :-/ We don't talk to that weird ass anymore.

The cousin thing is just the culture of Pakistanis (maybe even other Muslims) so they don't see it as a weird thing which is no problem, that's how they were raised. But I just can't tell people "oh yeah, I married my first cousin, nbd". But if I do have to go through with this, i gotta make sure no cousin, she's pretty, smart, and wants to work and shit and not sit home like some paki mothers do lol. I'd rather fall in love with someone but we'll see.

Sorry for bringing up this topic in a marvel thread. Hopefully no trouble comes!

Back to Marvel, gonna play Zero/Akuma/Vergil, I really forgot how great tatsu assist is for Zero. Straight mixup and pressure for days. Still gonna play Spencer second as well, don't wanna drop Spencer just yet. But when it's serious play, gotta bring out that Akuma! I really wish his health was like 900K, 750K is too fucking low for Akuma IMO.

Dahbomb

No cousin marriage is getting less and less prevalent in Pakistan especially people living in the bigger cities or people who are slightly educated. It's definitely a big no for most Pakistanis living outside the country especially for the newer generation.

If you want to fall in love then do it fast before something is already arranged. Most parents nowadays are more receptive to non arranged marriages in fact it saves them the hassle of arranged marriage. Arranged marriage outside of family is quite a hassle for the parents because they have to look at the whole package... the family, the financial status, their moral/religious value, their geographical origin, their sect, mannerism, compatibility etc.

onionfrog

Tbh I wanna marry someone I fall in love with, not just someone random girl I'm "forced" to fall in love with.
I completely understand this.
Ya I have no idea where I'm headed right now, all I know is I gotta finish school no matter how long it takes me.
I was in the same position in regards to having no idea where I was going in school, but both school and marriage ended up working out well for me.

I wish you the best of luck with both!

But when it's serious play, gotta bring out that Akuma! I really wish his health was like 900K, 750K is too fucking low for Akuma IMO.
I don't know about 900k, but it'd be nice if he still had his vanilla health. (850k? I think)

I have the same problem whenever I want to play akuma, RR or Strider(non-anchor). I really enjoy point strider, but that low health makes it hard to justify.

Striders 750k makes sense though, since he has such a strong assist.

Thanks homie, hopefully I'll be on Gaf for the years to come and I'll let all of you know what's good!

Ya I'm gonna let them know that cousin is a no-go, I'll cite facts for sure, they just want a cousin cause they want my future family to already be family right from the start, I dunno, it's some weird paki shit. I wouldn't find it weird and probs would just accept it if I wasn't raised in America my whole life. They seem to keep forgetting that lmao.

Ya I have no idea where I'm headed right now, all I know is I gotta finish school no matter how long it takes me. And having that pressure of someone waiting for me is something I don't want. Tbh I wanna marry someone I fall in love with, not just someone random girl I'm "forced" to fall in love with. They're only doing this because it's culture, so I'm not mad or anything, they just need to realize my culture is the American culture and not the Pakistani culture.

The cousin thing is just the culture of Pakistanis (maybe even other Muslims) so they don't see it as a weird thing which is no problem, that's how they were raised. But I just can't tell people "oh yeah, I married my first cousin, nbd". But if I do have to go through with this, i gotta make sure no cousin, she's pretty, smart, and wants to work and shit and not sit home like some paki mothers do lol. I'd rather fall in love with someone but we'll see.

Sorry for bringing up this topic in a marvel thread. Hopefully no trouble comes!

Back to Marvel, gonna play Zero/Akuma/Vergil, I really forgot how great tatsu assist is for Zero. Straight mixup and pressure for days. Still gonna play Spencer second as well, don't wanna drop Spencer just yet. But when it's serious play, gotta bring out that Akuma! I really wish his health was like 900K, 750K is too fucking low for Akuma IMO.
No worries about bringing the marriage up. This thread is a community. Going OT is cool. Also, I love learning more about other cultures from the people who belong to them.

OT, I am teaching math, science, and chess at a middle school these days.

On topic, lets give Morrigan the aerial command grab and remove OTG Soul Fist. OTG Soul Fist is better, but I think the command grab fits her playstyle intentions more. Plus it will be fly cancelable, which sounds like fun shenanigans.

How about we keep the increased untechale time so Morrigan can use OTG assists off of her command grabs and air throws (not ground throws)?

Top Bottom