• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

Dahbomb

It has been brought to my attention that Chun Li's OTG Heel stomp only picks up one character, cannot be used for two. I feel just like most physical moves in the game, that move should also pick up two characters. It appears we have one slot open for the character, just needs committee approval.

onionfrog

It has been brought to my attention that Chun Li's OTG Heel stomp only picks up one character, cannot be used for two. I feel just like most physical moves in the game, that move should also pick up two characters. It appears we have one slot open for the character, just needs committee approval.
This is a good change. I didn't realize that it only picked up one character currently. But I don't play Chun Li.

Zissou

Clearly footdive needs to be buffed.

Sigmaah

Taskmaster should not be doing 400K+ off of a grab then super, shit is ridiculous.

Hell, no one should be doing that much damage off of a grab/super.

wow another big glitch in this game?

Its really interesting how passionate the fans are for marvel.....the game has so much depth and though it has its flaws, its really damn good. Aside from you guys over here, I hadn't really put it together that there are other huge boards that talk about this game just as much.....Gamefaqs, Reddit, and the Shoryuken tier list thread. Gave them all a good read this morning.

Funnily enough, I didn't realize that Dante was considered an amazing anchor, but thats what a lot of people think the future of this game is.

shaowebb

Im just worried that the patch wont happen since Capcom only has around $152 miliion to work with right now. I mean Max Payne 3 cost over $100 million and such so it seems like no AAA is possible and that they may only have budget for maybe 4 or 5 normal titles and all need to yield profit. I just dont know if they'll patch a game that didn't pull profit last time that wont yield any new revenue streams for their effort at this point.

I worry a lot about Capcom at this point is all.

Dahbomb

Capcom has had less operating income than that over the past few years and still managed to pump out AAA games. Plus you haven't accounted for their MH4 sales.

Operating income is just a part of the equation, there are more factors at play. They can't take as many big risks but they are stable for the forseeable future.

The problem with the patch is the licensing issue and of course no return of investment on a free patch. At this point in time they can only try for an Ultra type update to get some extra cash from the patch supporters but still extremely unlikely.

I support this.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";84013103]I'm free all day today Karst if you still want to play later.[/QUOTE]
How about in 10 minutes?

DR2K

Banned
Why all the patch talk? It's not happening unless they can make a profit out of it. Company is bleeding money with ask these aaa bombs lately.

GGs to GB and his third world internet. I was seriously shocked to see you trying teams without Magneto on them.

GGs, I think I can only play for half an hour-forty five minutes at a time before the authentication system starts fucking with my buddy's PS3 :-( We can play another FT20 or so later if you want.

Yeah, I was trying to counterpick your team as the matches went on and it's too hard to move magneto around without my home internet at least. Captain Commando was saving my ass, though. Rapid Slash is kinda pointless against another hard zoning team. EMD actually worked pretty well, but I just wanted to get him out of there because of my confidence controlling Magneto.

Some cool moments, though. Like sniping your stalking flare with EMD assist or whiffing Strange's projectile counter on the drones lol

I like your team though, you're a lot more confident with Doom than some of your older characters.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";84021275]GGs, I think I can only play for half an hour-forty five minutes at a time before the authentication system starts fucking with my buddy's PS3 :-( We can play another FT20 or so later if you want.

Yeah, I was trying to counterpick your team as the matches went on and it's too hard to move magneto around without my home internet at least. Captain Commando was saving my ass, though. Rapid Slash is kinda pointless against another hard zoning team. EMD actually worked pretty well, but I just wanted to get him out of there because of my confidence controlling Magneto.

Some cool moments, though. Like sniping your stalking flare with EMD assist or whiffing Strange's projectile counter on the drones lol

I like your team though, you're a lot more confident with Doom than some of your older characters.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I still don't quite have him down, and my Sentinel is terrible. I need to work on him a lot.

I really liked the moment when you tridashed with Magneto to pull Stalking Flare up and then hit me with EMD. Does that always work if you pull it off right? You kept trying later and failed, but I wasn't sure if the first time was a fluke or it was just hard for you to do with that connection.

Probably no FT20 later today - I have family coming over.

Agreed on Rapid Slash. That's why it's all about Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider. I could handle Hawkeye with Doom, but there's no way I could handle Vajra assist too.

A few points of criticism: when you use Hawkeye/Dante, be more aggressive. If Doom flies to the top-right corner of the screen, wavedash under me and call Jam Session instead of throwing those AA arrows that never hit unless I mess up my inputs. Hawkeye can be pretty effective on the offensive. Also, I feel like your Magneto anchor isn't scary primarily because you don't have any incoming setups with him. It's really rare for you to run a train on my team with XF3 Magneto, and it's because after the first character dies I rarely get hit by the incoming mix-up. I would work on some setups for that. And stop ending Magneto blockstrings in his launcher. :p

Re: Storm's new Typhoon. I tested looping this in XF3 in the corner, and you can do 4-5 loops before it drops. The enemy recovers before the j.S spike hits at this point. So no worry about Storm infinites from this change.

The new Morrigan - please vote:
Morrigan:
+Shadow Servant THC chosen for all assist types.
+Finishing Shower hitstun increased.
+Vector Drain air OK.
+Darkness Illusion leaves opponent in a crumple state.
+Air throws and Vector Drain (all) untechable knockdown increased by 30 frames.
+Shadow Blade M float point reduced (removes Morrigan’s corner infinite).
-Soul Fist and Soul Drain damage reduced to 70,000.

Assists: Shadow Blade H, Dark Harmonizer, Soul Drain

Thanks. I still don't quite have him down, and my Sentinel is terrible. I need to work on him a lot.
Yeah, definitely did the least work of the three.

I really liked the moment when you tridashed with Magneto to pull Stalking Flare up and then hit me with EMD. Does that always work if you pull it off right? You kept trying later and failed, but I wasn't sure if the first time was a fluke or it was just hard for you to do with that connection.
It's just hard and I'm out of practice. It's also harder the further I get from you.

Also, WHY DID SENTINEL PUNCH THROUGH AKUMA'S TATSU :-(

Agreed on Rapid Slash. That's why it's all about Hawkeye/Vergil/Strider. I could handle Hawkeye with Doom, but there's no way I could handle Vajra assist too.
Man I'm barely getting a grip on Vergil and you know how bad my Strider is. I don't even know how to play Dante but it's better than the ninja. I actually like Jam Session over Vajra vs your team anyway. Vajra/Missiles are better for characters that can attack behind me really fast.

A few points of criticism: when you use Hawkeye/Dante, be more aggressive. If Doom flies to the top-right corner of the screen, wavedash under me and call Jam Session instead of throwing those AA arrows that never hit unless I mess up my inputs.
That's a positioning habit that I have, especially when I'm off screen. I'm used to jumping back and forth so I wasn't in range for Kamikaze. I should try to stay about 2/3 screen from Doom. I never want to be right under you, that's bad news. I want to be right where Kamikaze hits on pretty much any character. That's his best arrow for chip damage and lockdown, and if something weird happens I can DHC out with gimlet to devil trigger anyway.

Also, I feel like your Magneto anchor isn't scary primarily because you don't have any incoming setups with him. It's really rare for you to run a train on my team with XF3 Magneto, and it's because after the first character dies I rarely get hit by the incoming mix-up. I would work on some setups for that. And stop ending Magneto blockstrings in his launcher. :p
The problem isn't that so much as I'm super out of practice with my setups and I always waste x-factor to get combos with Vergil because my Vergil is super ass. The times that I hit you I kept messing up my x-factor loops because I haven't tried them in almost two months lol

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";84025531]Also, WHY DID SENTINEL PUNCH THROUGH AKUMA'S TATSU :-([/quote]
s.M armor! I need to use it more.

Man I'm barely getting a grip on Vergil and you know how bad my Strider is. I don't even know how to play Dante but it's better than the ninja. I actually like Jam Session over Vajra vs your team anyway. Vajra/Missiles are better for characters that can attack behind me really fast.
Oh right, I forgot Strider is a big "no-no" character for you.

The problem isn't that so much as I'm super out of practice with my setups and I always waste x-factor to get combos with Vergil because my Vergil is super ass. The times that I hit you I kept messing up my x-factor loops because I haven't tried them in almost two months lol
It's a trend I noticed even when we played frequently. And I did notice your eagerness to pop X-Factor for Vergil. There was even the match when you popped XF1 with him after a High Time, and I just laughed.

Dr. Strange annotation; I thought about this more, and I would like to decrease Eye of Agamotto's duration a bit. Going from 120 frames to 300 frames is a pretty huge leap. How would everyone feel about toning it down to the 180-240 range?

Dr. Strange:
+Mystic Sword L bottom hitbox increased; destroys low durability projectiles.
Mystic Sword L is Dr. Strange’s staple one-character-length spacing tool, and he needs it. Eye of Agamotto takes a long time to place, and Dr. Strange does not have the speech needed to move in and pressure opponents at that range. However, he gets pummeled by projectiles during this move, and really he should have a Dormammu-like projectile negating spacing tool to help keep him threatening when he is on the defensive.

Additionally, Dr. Strange has no blockstring that leaves him at a solid frame advantage. Mystic Sword L seems to be this move at +0 block, but it whiffs against a huge number of crouching characters toward the end, making the move unsafe against anyone without a large hitbox. We feel it is important to give Dr. Strange a solid blockstring to work with.

+Spell of Vishanti (air) now recovers in the same number of frames the grounded version does.
Aerial Spell of Vishanti has so much recovery that Dr. Strange can sometimes be punished on hit. This should never be the case with any hyper.

+c.L now hits low.
This isn’t going to make Dr. Strange a high/low mix-up king, but one of the most requested changes for Dr. Strange by the people who play him is for c.L to hit low. It’s just too easy to up-back against Dr. Strange, and giving him this small tool will help him open up players in corners. The lack of a corner teleport mix-up means he needs tools to help open players up.

+Eye of Agamotto projectile hit points changed to 10x3; lasts 300 frames; startup reduced by 5 frames; hitstun increased slightly.
Eye of Agamotto is Dr. Strange’s staple move. When he gets it on the screen, it is supposed to change the game in his favor. Sadly, with 10x1 hit points, many projectiles pass through it before the beam durability wears away at them. Perhaps the best example is Wesker’s gunshot, which is guaranteed to always pass through Eye of Agamotto. Other basic moves such as Hadoken will even pass through the majority of Eye of Agamotto, and if Dr. Strange is sitting at the same spot he used the move at, he will get hit. This would not be so terrible if Eye of Agamotto did not disappear on hit, but it does, and the move is less than useful against a huge portion of the cast solely as a result of its durability.

The hitstun on Eye of Agamotto was increased because when an opponent is hit by Eye of Agamotto, it should be reasonable for Dr. Strange to convert off of the hit into a full combo. Unfortunately, enemies above jump height recover in such a way that Dr. Strange cannot hit them without superjumping past them, and he has no way to juggle them back to the ground unless they are at maxmimum superjump height. Increasing the move’s hitstun ensures that Dr. Strange can convert in more situations.

The move is also excruciatingly difficult to pull off at a massive 31 frames. We reduced the startup slightly to make the move more realistic in a heated match; it is also now likely to be a good blockstring option against many characters. Lastly, the move’s duration left something to be desired. Dr. Strange has time to put out a single Grace of Hoggoth before having to Impact Palm the orb along. As Eye of Agamotto is Dr. Strange’s only line of defense, it ought to have a worthwhile and lasting effect on the screen so Dr. Strange can actually spend some time hurling projectiles at opponents.

+Dagger of Denak tracking improved slightly.
These moves look strong, but they have a considerable startup time, lack an active hitbox until they begin to track, and have generally poor tracking. Using these in the neutral is frequently just a waste of time due to this last attribute. We do not want Dagger of Denak to have Gimet-like tracking, but a small improvement would help make the move more useful in the neutral. Right now, you can just fall from a jump and they will miss.

+Increase dash distance and startup speed.
Dr. Strange has a horrible dash that never seems to get him away from anything. He needs an option to create and close space so his large hitbox moves can be placed more effectively against rushdown opponents.

+Seven Rings of Raggador now triggers from Gimlet.
We will leave the specifics to Capcom; Gimlet could be given a slightly longer hitbox to ensure it triggers Seven Rings of Raggador, or Seven Rings of Raggador could activate sooner. Regardless, Gimlet is a prime candidate for using Seven Rings of Raggador, and it should function appropriately.

+Illusion now teleports Dr. Strange to the extreme opposite side of the one he is on when successful; active frames reduced to 14; recovery increased to 10.
Illusion is completely useless right now because it does not interrupt an opponent’s attack string, it is only useful against mid and high attacks, and it does nothing to help with projectile assists. The three situations it gets used in all have the same result: Dr. Strange gets hit by something else. Either the next move in a player’s attack string hits him, or he teleports into a projectile assist and gets hit. The number of situations it is useful for are so minimal that it might as well not exist, since it just ends up getting Dr. Strange killed when you go for a backward throw attempt and miss.

One way to fix Illusion is to make it follow up with Impact Palm, but we think that the fine line this move treads with that change would either make it still useless or far too good. When UMvC3 was announced by Capcom, Seth Killian said that Dr. Strange is Capcom’s attempt at a dedicated keepaway character. Unfortunately, Dr. Strange has no way to get away from opponents. He has weak mobility and slow movement in general. We have tried to improve these weaknesses with the other changes, but Illusion presented an opportunity to give Dr. Strange a getaway tool. With the result of its new and highly useful function, we felt that it needed more recovery so it was not as spam-inclined as the old version.

-Flame of the Faltine now accelerates hitstun deterioration.
Flame of the Faltine loops are fantastic, take a lot of skill, and help team composition. Right now they are too strong, though. Opponents eventually flip out of Flame of the Faltine loops by recovering from Dr. Strange’s launcher. Accelerating the hitstun deterioration caused by Flame of the Faltine retains the loops but reduces combo length and damage to more reasonable levels. We leave the details up to Capcom.

Assists: Bolts of Balthakk, Eye of Agamotto, Dagger of Denak L
We only changed Dagger of Denak assist to the L version. With the improved tracking and better startup time of Dagger of Denak L, this move will serve as a useful anti-air. Dagger of Denak M has too much startup time to be used safely with the vast majority of the game’s characters, and even then its effect is not worth the delay and risk.

The hatemail I've been getting lately has been glorious.

"...u won 15 times in a row becuz of pure luck n bullshit never play me again lowlife..."

I mean yeah I can understand getting lucky once, twice, three times, maybe even 5 times.....but 15? I'm not sure I would call that luck.

Another guy I played gave me props for Strange loops but shit on me for a Jill infinite....wtf? The Jill infinite is way fucking harder.

I've also made a new team. Wesker/Strange/Hawkeye. I really dig it, but holy shit I don't know what I'm doing with Strange. I have no fucking idea how to move around with him. And I'm not sure which assist to use with Hawkeye....I kinda just rotate between all three of them, but mostly Greyhound and Kamikaze.

The hatemail I've been getting lately has been glorious.

"...u won 15 times in a row becuz of pure luck n bullshit never play me again lowlife..."

I mean yeah I can understand getting lucky once, twice, three times, maybe even 5 times.....but 15? I'm not sure I would call that luck.

Another guy I played gave me props for Strange loops but shit on me for a Jill infinite....wtf? The Jill infinite is way fucking harder.

I've also made a new team. Wesker/Strange/Hawkeye. I really dig it, but holy shit I don't know what I'm doing with Strange. I have no fucking idea how to move around with him. And I'm not sure which assist to use with Hawkeye....I kinda just rotate between all three of them, but mostly Greyhound and Kamikaze.
You are lucky Zero is in the game!

Felicia annotations:

Felicia:
+Health increased to 900,000.
Health should be an indicator of how much chip damage a character has to take before getting a solid opening. When looking at character health, we set Wolverine as the standard. “Does this character have to work harder than Wolverine to get in?” With Felicia, who has a linear approach that is easy to outrange and less speed, the answer was a clear “yes”. We increased her health slightly, but given her new options, we did not want to bring her all the way up to Wolverine’s range, especially considering how the system changes will affect him.

+Delta Kick H assist pushes opponents back significantly on block; point Delta Kick now hits multiple characters.
The first change is part of our goal to introduce a few more Rapid Slash-esque assists. Rapid Slash is a fantastic assist for keepaway teams looking to push opponents back to full-screen, and it’s unfortunate that similar assists do not exist elsewhere. We elected to make Delta Kick H an alternative to this option. Point Delta Kick now hits multiple characters to help with Felicia’s happy birthday situations.

+Cat & Mouse is now special cancelable, distance increased slightly.
This is undoubtedly Felicia’s biggest change, and an enormous buff. Felicia is supposedly the mix-up queen of the game, but her options still feel lacking. By making Cat & Mouse special cancelable, Felicia has the additional option of canceling her roll into a command grab for deliciously nasty setups. Additionally, she can now use the invincibility of Cat & Mouse to punish careless projectile usage. For example, if Ryu uses Hadoken, Felicia could Cat & Mouse through the fireball and cancel the move into Cat Spike H to cover most of the screen and either hit him or obtain frame advantage. We feel this emphasizes the cat-like nature of Felicia’s moveset while also giving her new and interesting approach options.

+Kitty Helper summon now runs slightly faster and jumps slightly farther.
Marvel is a highly mobile, fast-paced game, and Kitty Helper seems to think it’s time to take a walk in the park, smelling flowers along the way. A slight boost in speed and jump range will help Kitty Helper become relevant in the neutral game. Right now, Felicia players don’t even use it for reset situations because it is so unreliable.

+Neko Punch now causes a crumple state.
A goal of ours is to make useless moves useful. Neko Punch is a completely useless move in Felicia’s arsenal that only gets used when a finger slips. By giving Felicia a crumple state (which we considered making a dizzy state), Felicia now has an option to raw tag swap into higher damage characters to help mitigate her limited damage options. A character like Dr. Strange could move into Flame of the Faltine loops after Felicia lands Neko Punch. The application of the move is limited due to the opponent needing to be in a standing position, but some utility is better than none!

+Rolling Uppercut is now jump-cancelable off of the opponent on block or hit.
Rolling Buckler is unsafe regardless of the follow-up input even though it is a staple part of Felicia’s anti-pushblock game. Rolling Uppercut becoming jump-cancelable gives her a safe ender, fits in with her cat-like moveset, and leads into interesting pressure options.

+Cat Spike M vertical hitbox increased downward; now hits crouching characters more consistently.
Cat Spike H is good for cross-ups, but Cat Spike M just seems inconsistent. Increased consistency is a good thing for any character, as a player should always know the potential result of a move they are about to use.

+Toy Touch hitstun returned to Vanilla status.
We do not know why this was nerfed in Ultimate, and do not think it should have been. Felicia should get better combos than she does off of ground bouncing Delta Kick.

+Sand Splash projectile hit points increased to 5; blockstun increased; assist version startup reduced to 35 frames; input changed to qcf.S (H version).
There’s no reason to give a charge move to any character in this game unless that character is out of inputs, and Felicia’s case is especially bad because it often interferes with her going from a block to a dash. The assist version’s startup was reducd to ensure it can OTG more consistently, and the projectile hitpoints were increased to make it more useful as an anti-projectile tool. The increased blockstun makes it more useful for a combo ender.

+Wall jump and wall cling now available at superjump height; wall cling input changed to b,b.
Felicia players sometimes wall cling on accident when hitting back to block projectiles, leaving them prone. Changing the input will reduce these unfortunate accidents.

Assists: Rolling Buckler L + Rolling Slide, Sand Splash, Delta Kick H
Cat Spike was a useless assist with no practical application. Delta Kick H will have some potential for keepaway teams at least. Sand Splash was improved to expand the number of OTG options in the game.

Haggar:
*Violent Axe cross-up is now better represented visually.
There are ambiguous cross-ups, and then there are moves that don’t look like they cross up, but do. Violent Axe is the worst offender. Either the move should not cross up, or the cross-up should be easily seen, even if it can only be seen after one gets hit.

+f.H and j.d+H do 15% chip damage.
Every Marvel player knows that Haggar’s absolute best tool is the pipe. “Respect the pipe”. Unfortunately, the pipe is pretty much all he has as an approach option, and it can be easily pushblocked for days. Playing Haggar without support is an exercise in frustration. By giving his pipe attacks a bit of chip damage, opponents will need to do more than block and pushblock him over and over again.

+Rapid Fire Fist now combos when fully mashed.
Haggar is one of the few characters who can actually lose matches from successfully hitting someone with a hyper combo. This should not be the case for any character.

+c.H can now be canceled into a ground recovery roll on the first frame of recovery.
Haggar’s approach options are limited, and we understand that this is important for him to remain a balanced character. c.H was added as an option to help Haggar get in; he could c.H, and then roll recover toward opponents. The trade-off was that he was rolling into the opponent while giving the opponent frame advantage. Right now, it’s just not a worthwhile tool because c.H has too much recovery before the roll. Haggar usually gets hit before he can move into a roll. By allowing him to roll sooner, he gains a new, fair approach option that is useful in a variety of circumstances. As assists cannot be called during rolls in our version of the game, the buff seems even more warranted.

+Giant Haggar Press recovery reduced to 0; causes a hard knockdown; links into itself.
Haggar is not supposed to be a fantastic solo character, but when he gets grabs as an anchor it is sad to see so little come from it. At the very least, we feel as though Haggar should be able to link hypers a la Sentinel for an additional damage option. We also think this will look hilarious in a match, and will lead to crowd chants of the move’s name as it is linked into itself over and over.

The recovery was reduced to 0 to give Haggar a meter-costing pressure option. We understand it is still not a very good pressure option, but the save caused by Giant Haggar Press may give Haggar opportunities against keepaway that he may not have had before.

+Final Haggar Buster now crumples.
A command grab hyper that costs 3 bars should either kill characters outright or provide an opportunity for resets, extended combos, and meter regaining. The utility on Haggar’s level 3 hyper is extremely limited, especially with the existence of Double Lariat. We feel it should lead to full combos for big damage if someone can successfully pull this off. There’s no reason Ghost Rider should have a monopoly on good level 3 grab hypers!

Assists: Double Lariat, Violent Axe H, c.H
Double Lariat is Haggar’s go-to hyper, and because it is so good, few people complain about how useless his other options are. We decided to make Haggar’s other assist options highly situational in use so that teams which desperately need a specific tool have them available.

c.H seems like a poor assist choice, but it has two uses that make it worthwhile: first, it is a fast OTG assist that hits low. It has small range, but if the assist comes out in front of the point character it will be useable for most point characters. Additionally, if c.H is used as a crossover counter, it should be invincible for the entirety of its active frames. This will allow Haggar to roll cancel c.H into an opponent. If the player chooses to then use Double Lariat, Rapid Fire Fist, or Final Haggar Buster on wakeup, what you have is a very long-ranged invincible crossover counter assist that is useful for punishing things like beam hypers on block.

Violent Axe H gives Haggar a solid pinning assist which is also solid for combo extension.

You are lucky Zero is in the game!

[/I]

Zero? I only play Zero during tourneys....and that's if I feel my teams are lacking options, or if I just want to shit on another Zero player. I hate playing as Zero. If it was 15 times in a row as Zero then I would actually agree with him, haha.

When that guy sent me that hate I was mostly playing Felicia/Nova/Strider, but also used Chris/Dante/Strider.

Zero? I only play Zero during tourneys....and that's if I feel my teams are lacking options, or if I just want to shit on another Zero player. I hate playing as Zero. If it was 15 times in a row as Zero then I would actually agree with him, haha.

When that guy sent me that hate I was mostly playing Felicia/Nova/Strider, but also used Chris/Dante/Strider.
LOL, it seems like this is typical of a lot of Zero players. They don't actually like using their character outside of needing to win a match. How boring. :-(

Hawkeye:
+Gimlet hitstun increased; it is now always safe on hit.
No hyper should be unsafe on hit.

+Trick Shot (Violent Fuzz) assist startup time reduced to 37 frames.
Part of making OTG assists more universally applicable.

+f.M special cancelable.
Outside of X-Factor infinites, it’s not clear why this move exists. OTGing with arrow is usually the better option. We decided to give Hawkeye a way to help cover the mid-screen area around jump height. This will allow him to use anti-air arrows without worrying about an opponent rushing underneath them.

+Hawkeye now has enough time to OTG opponents after Tag Team Special.
Part of our goal to give level 3 hypers more utility.

+c.M now always connects after c.L.
Combo consistency is important, and it is noteworthy that characters with less-than-consistent chains get used less frequently than those who chain consistently.

+Ragtime Shot (Jack Rose) can now be influenced in its trajectory by holding forward or back after firing it; c.H arrows detonate the bomb early.
Hawkeye is a very basic and linear character. We tried to give him something thoughtful and interesting to play with via a Jack Rose buff. By allowing Hawkeye to change the arrow’s range and also letting him detonate the arrow early, Hawkeye players will have an interesting mindgame to play on opponents when they have established themselves.

+j.S is now hyper cancelable.
Sometimes Hawkeye hits opponents at awkward positions in the air that he cannot convert off of via arrows. We want him to be able to cancel j.S into Gimlet so he can have this as a damage option.

+Hawkeye may now block during the active frames of Trick Maneuver.
Hawkeye has weak mobility options; he only has his slide and Trick Maneuever. Allowing him to block during Trick Maneuever’s active frames will give him a new and safe mobility tool to play with a bit as a getaway tool (crossing opponents up in the process).

+s.H now fires at the same height every time.
The arrows fire at a random height, which makes them hit some opponents inconsistently. Inconsistency is bad!

+Ice Breaker M now causes a ground bounce on airborne opponents when performed after an aerial Trick Maneuver.
Why did we do this again? Hahaha.

Assists: Quick Shot (Greyhound), Trick Shot (Violet Fuzz), Ragtime Shot (Balalaika)
We considered subbing Balalaika for another anti-air arrow shot, but seeing as a considerable minority enjoys using the move for combo extensions and mid-screen coverage, we elected to leave his assists unchanged. He has a lot of great assist options to choose from!

What's funny is that I'm not even really a Zero player. I just decided to pick him up a few months ago because I was tired of losing to him, so I figured if I learned him then it would help me, and it has....tremendously. If I were to consider myself any kind of player then it would probably be a Felicia player or Chris player. But I have 1000+ matches with about 40 characters in the game, so yeah I just pick and choose based on my opponent. I think I have 1 use as Tron, haha. And between xbl, psn, tourneys and casuals, I have 16,000+ matches as Sentinel. Easily my most played character. I think Chris is next with 8000 or so.

What's funny is that I'm not even really a Zero player. I just decided to pick him up a few months ago because I was tired of losing to him, so I figured if I learned him then it would help me, and it has....tremendously. If I were to consider myself any kind of player then it would probably be a Felicia player or Chris player. But I have 1000+ matches with about 40 characters in the game, so yeah I just pick and choose based on my opponent. I think I have 1 use as Tron, haha. And between xbl, psn, tourneys and casuals, I have 16,000+ matches as Sentinel. Easily my most played character. I think Chris is next with 8000 or so.
Your Felicia is definitely the best I have played! Probably even better than DJ Houshen.

Hsien-ko:
+Air dash speed increased by 200%; aerial momentum retained after attack-canceling.
To call Hsien-ko a shadow of her Darkstalker self of the past is an understatement. She is a shadow that has light shined on it from all sides – she is invisible, she might as well not exist. We have made efforts to turn Hsien-ko into the rushdown, mix-up Jiangshi she is in Darkstalkers. We improved her air dash speed by 200%, but it might need to be even higher. Every time I enter training mode to try the move, I am surprised at how slow it is – it’s difficult to even imagine the move being that slow in my head. Additionally, in Darkstalkers Hsien-ko kept her air dash momentum when attack-canceling it, giving her a pseudo tridash option. This would be an enormous help for her in Marvel.

+Senpu Bu now dash, Henkyo Ki, and j.S-cancelable.; startup reduced by 10 frames (all versions).
Senpu Bu negates pushblock, but it has high startup and can’t lead to anything even on hit. It is predictable and easy to block all of its follow-ups. We feel as though Hsien-ko should be able to cancel Senpu Bu through a variety of means to improve her mix-up options. j.S cancelation should not cause her to keep Senpu Bu’s momentum.

+Item throw durability increased to 3; Time Bomb remapped to qcf.S; stun items now regularly appears once every 4 tosses.
Hsien-ko seems like she should be an anti-keepaway character, but Anki Hou has the lowest possible durability for a projectile: 1. The only other projectile with a durability of 1 is Dormammu’s Dark Matter, which is justifiable because the attack is special-cancelable and covers the horizontal for a character who is all about the vertical. In contrast, it’s not clear why Anki Hou has a durability of 1. At the very least, we feel it should have 3 durability so two Anki Hou uses can beat out a Hadoken.

The greater problem in Hsien-ko’s game is that Anki Hou is completely unreliable. The Time Bomb is a terrible, terrible move outside of circumstantial uses, and it cannot be controlled. Anki Hou H seems like it would function as a nice anti-air, but on numerous occasions Hsien-ko players will attempt to anti-air with Anki Hou H only to have Time Bomb come out, which results in a dead Hsien-ko player since the player effectively did nothing at all.

Finally, while the Anki Hou stun infinite has never happened in a real game, it exists, and it should not. By making Anki Hou’s stun items generate every 4 tosses, it is now a useful weapon that can be saved up and used when needed, and will also lead to interesting combo options for Hsien-ko via raw tags.

+Henkyo Ki recovery reduced to 20 for the L version, 22 for the M version, and 26 for the H version; L version now +4 on block; M version now +0 on block; H version now -4 on block; active frames increased by 50% (all levels).
Senpu Bu has too much startup to be a combo ender, and Henko Ki is not safe on block. Hsien-ko does not actually have a reliable way to end her blockstrings, and this seems like a major oversight. We have made Henkyo Ki L +4 on block to give her a better blockstring ender. Additionally, we feel as through Hsien-ko spends too much time using Henkyo Ki to keep opponents out; she hardly has time to use Item Throw for some kind of mediocre keepaway game. Increasing the active frames for all versions helps give her time to do more than turtle behind a gong wall.

Finally, we feel as though Henkyo Ki is potentially useful as a way to safely advance against opponents (by walking in the gong), but the recovery is too high. It is so high that Henkyo Ki is usually a quick invitation for opponents to punish Hsien-ko with a beam hyper or other long-range high profile move. Reducing the recovery helps Hsien-ko become a more mobile and interesting character to play. Right now, the move seems entirely made for using Rimoukon and tagging Hsien-ko out, which is how she gets played in the present tournament environment (unsuccessfully).

+Canceled ground dash now always behaves the same as her plink dash.
When player discovered that Hsien-ko could move with some respectable speed through plink dashing, many Hsien-ko players gained new hope for their favorite Darkstalker. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of players who can consistently plink dash in this game, and her base level of usability is locked behind a needless execution barrier as a result. The plink dash should be her normal dash speed.

+Ground attacks dash cancelable.
Even with the considerable movement and speed buffs we have given Hsien-ko, she is still going to have a hard time getting in. We have tried to give her exceptional speed and mix-up potential to make up for this. Her ground attacks being dash cancelable allows for Hsien-ko to perform solo cross-ups when she is not pushblocked, and she can maintain pressure when she is pushblocked.

+Ground dash invincible on frames 10 – 25; dash takes 30 total frames to complete; distance unchanged.
In general, her ground dash should be safer and faster. Even at 30 frames, this is a very slow ground dash, but she’s invincible for part of it, which justifies this slower dash speed.

+Houten Geki and her air throw now lead to full combos via c.H follow-up.
Her throw game needs to be more threatening. She is a low-damage character, and we kept her that way. But because her damage is low, she should have more options to hit opponents, especially when so many high damage characters get easy air throws and air throw extensions.

+c.H now OTGs and is jump-cancelable; travels faster and slightly farther.
Hsien-ko has a command grab that leads into a mediocre damage hyper. It’s not desirable for the hyper to do more damage (though if we had 11 spots, we might make the hyper more consistent), but she should get more than she does off of that command grab right now. Allowing c.H to OTG gives her some easy combo extension options while making her command grab threatening.

The move travels faster and farther because right now, Hsien-ko may be the only character in the game who frequently drops a c.LMH string because one of her moves takes too long to travel forward and hit the opponent.

+Chireitou startup reduced to 20+3, now carries two characters.
We generally feel as though moves should work in the way suggested by their visuals. It’s hard to imagine gigantic swords missing a character laying prone on the ground. Additionally, we feel as though Chireitou is finicky in its timing – moreso than necessary. Reducing the startup helps give her more combo consistency.

Assists: Senpu Bu L, Henkyo Ki H, Anki Hou S.
Senpu Bu L is a great assist, but we think Capcom overvalued its utility. With Rimoukon it is still probably in the top 15 assists in the game, but that is not enough to justify neutering a character’s point game. We redesigned Hsien-ko with this in mind. Her other two assists were never used, and for good reason. First, they are competing against Senpu Bu L – that is a tall order for any assist to match. Second, they were simply not good. Anki Hou was unreliable, and Henkyo Ki L is not going to be hurting anyone. We changed Henkyo Ki L to its H version so it would have more screen presence, though we are skeptical that it will get used over Senpu Bu.

As a third assist option, we decided against Anki Hou L, M, and H because while they are now reliable, a 3 durability projectile is unlikely to see use. However, Anki Hou S (Time Bomb) offers a Shocking Pink-like assist that could potentially see use in combos or may be helpful for keepaway characters. Anki Hou H could potentially be used as a third assist for its unblockable potential, but that seems like a small fish to bet on.

Your Felicia is definitely the best I have played! Probably even better than DJ Houshen.

Thanks sir. Yeah I love her. Easily the most fun character to play for me. Unfortunately if she gets hit, then she's dead, especially because most folk will burn xf on her once they realize that she's the heart of my team. Same goes for Chris. I get so discouraged once they die on their respective teams.

I'm still trying to learn Shuma but I'm having a lot of trouble. I think I need to put him on point if I have any hope of figuring this out.

Hulk:
+Ground dash now attack and crouch cancelable.
Once you get Hulk out, he stays out. He has no means of closing distance between himself and another character outside of Gamma Charge, which is unsafe on block and disables his block button. His ground dash must be jump-canceled to block, and we feel that this makes him far too vulnerable. Even with this change, we do not feel as though Hulk is an oppressive character outside of the first 5-10 seconds of a match, when he gets to be in your face. This change is essential in our patch because Hulk can no longer mash option select f.H for ground throw techs into an armored punch with the new ground tech changes.

+f.M gains hyper armor from frames 16-51 when charged.
When this move was first shown off, players were excited. Was it unblockable? Hyper armor? What happens when it is charged up? Well, it turns out that a bunch of nothing happens when the move is charged outside of a wall bounce that is only useful for combos. So the high-damage Hulk with few utility options became the slightly higher-damage Hulk with few utility options. We gave the punch hyper armor to give Hulk the last say in any close-up exchange.

+Gamma Tornado (all versions) hitbox significantly increased; throws the opponent less far away, allowing for a Gamma Wave L + assist extension as with air throws.
Hulk’s command grabs are his only reliable way to open opponents up outside of assist tricks, and they are a double-edged sword: Hulk has to give up his corner pressure once the grab completes. Additionally, they have a considerably large startup time, and require meter or an OTG assist for combo extension. We wanted to give Hulk a little more for his effort; the risk-reward ratio was just not satisfying.

+Gamma Quake startup changed to 6+9; recovery changed to 0; Hulk is now free to move after pounding the ground.
When Vanilla launched, players thought that Gamma Quake was Hulk’s corner ender. Then it turned out that Hulk could OTG into Gamma Crush. So, people thought, maybe Gamma Quake is there to make Gamma Charge safe for 1 bar. Yet the move comes out too slow, and Hulk can be grabbed or hit with invincible hypers before the rocks fall. Right now, the move is an interesting THC option, but that is the totality of its use.

For 1 bar, players should be able to make Gamma Charge completely safe. Moreso, Hulk should have a lot of frame advantage. With our change, Gamma Charge x Gamma Quake is now a safe way to DHC Hulk in, a good way to make Gamma Charge safe, and the hyper actually recovers fast enough that Hulk can make a command grab attempt on the opponent right before the rocks hit if he feels lucky.

-Minimum damage scaling on normal and special attacks reduced to 20%.
We’ve helped Hulk out a lot with hitting opponents, and as a result we feel that his damage should be lowered a bit. Hulk wasn’t going to be killing one character per hit with our version anyway, so we feel this is a good trade for him. Damage doesn’t matter if you can’t ever hit your opponent.

Assists: Gamma Wave H, Gamma Charge H (AA), Gamma Charge H
We kept Hulk’s assists but improved the versions they used where applicable. Gamma Charge now covers more space to make the move more oppressive, and Gamma Wave H is now a viable projectile assist for teams instead of hitting the first half of the screen and then doing nothing at all to affect the neutral.

onionfrog

Great job on the accompanying change descriptions Karst. It's beneficial to provide that sort of detail and context to help people understand why we are making certain changes.

RE: Felicia's level 3 being XF cancellable on whiff:
-We can leave it out if you guys only want 10 changes maximum on a character. I wouldn't want to remove anything currently in the changelog for it.

Also there is a typo in the haggar section:

Double Lariat is Haggar’s go-to hyper, assist, and because it is so good, few people complain about how useless his other options are. We decided to make Haggar’s other assist options highly situational in use so that teams which desperately need a specific tool have them available.

Great job on the accompanying change descriptions Karst. It's beneficial to provide that sort of detail and context to help people understand why we are making certain changes.

RE: Felicia's level 3 being XF cancellable on whiff:
-We can leave it out if you guys only want 10 changes maximum on a character. I wouldn't want to remove anything currently in the changelog for it.

Also there is a typo in the haggar section:

Double Lariat is Haggar’s go-to hyper, assist, and because it is so good, few people complain about how useless his other options are. We decided to make Haggar’s other assist options highly situational in use so that teams which desperately need a specific tool have them available.
Thank you for letting me know! And I am glad someone is reading the annotations, haha. If you want to add something, let me know. There are a few changes that I would not do the greatest job of explaining.

Iron Fist:
+Crescent Heel no longer ground bounces a standing opponent; assist startup time reduced to 37 frames.
Crescent Heel’s ground bounce unnecessarily reduces Iron Fist’s combos. It is his only reliable way to open players up as it is.

+Volanic Roar causes a soft knockdown on all but the last hit.
Volcanic Roar is an underrated hyper. At less than 10 frames startup, it is a useful anti-air on par with Dr. Doom’s Sphere Flame. However, it is a weak DHC option because opponents recover so quickly after it is done, and Iron Fist cannot get anything off of it. By giving Volcanic Roar a soft knockdown, Iron Fist has enhanced team synergy and a new tool to X-Factor cancel for big damage. If this change would lead to multiple linkable Volcanic Roars, we suggest increasing Iron Fist’s recovery as needed.

+Iron Fist now has enough time to OTG opponents following Dragon’s Prey.
This is a short-range level 3 hyper that has no purpose beyond damage. Now it leads to more damage through combos, and has some utility.

+Wall of K’un-Lun and Rising Fang can be performed without the Rekka series; Rising Fang air OK.
Iron Fist does not have an excellent ground dash, and he has no “cheap” moves to exploit and punish opponents with. Iron Fury is a watered-down Bionic Lancer for all intents and purposes. Allowing Iron Fist to use Wall of K’un-Lun and Rising Fang at any time gives him new threatening options to approach opponents with and open them up through. Rising Fang will be especially valuable against keepaway characters, as it destroys projectiles. Making Rising Fang air OK gives Iron Fist some restricted aerial options; right now he has one of the least threatening aerial arsenals in the game.

+c.L now hits low.
Iron Fist needs a fast low; right now his fastest option is a hefty 10 frames!

+s.S hitbox increased to allow conversions against aerial opponents near the ground.
The simple ABC Marvel combo is part of what makes this game accessible to low-level players. We feel as though Iron Fist needs to be brought in line with the rest of the cast here.

+Can now double jump.
Iron Fist has no aerial options, and he sorely needs some. He has a great cross-up aerial with j.H, and now he has a tool to help him use it.

+Untechable time after an air and ground throw increased.
Now Iron Fist can convert off of his throws!

+Chi L, M, and H recovery reduced to 10; armor changed to frames 1-11; cancelable into Rekkas.
Iron Fist’s Chi moves have armor, and it seems like these were meant to be used to catch opposing attacks and then punish them. By reducing the recovery, improving the armor, and making the Chi cancelable into Rekkas, they can fulfill that role much better now. Iron Fist still can only chain a combination of Chi and Rekka moves 3 times before needing a break.

+Twin Snakes is now jump-cancelable.
This move never gets used because Iron Fist simply has better options. By making the move jump-cancelable, it now gives him additional pressure options and new combo extensions. The move is only jump-cancelable on hit or block.

Assists: Rising Fang, Crescent Heel, Wall of K’un-Lun
With Crescent Heel’s startup being reduced to 37 frames, it is now worth picking as an OTG/overhead assist. Rising Fang is a top tier assist that did not need changing. Wall of K’un-Lun was added because it offers combo extension, a crossover counter option, and has armor for additional pressure. We are confident that all three of Iron Fist’s assists will be chosen for various team needs.

Dahbomb

Re: Storm's new Typhoon. I tested looping this in XF3 in the corner, and you can do 4-5 loops before it drops. The enemy recovers before the j.S spike hits at this point. So no worry about Storm infinites from this change.

The new Morrigan - please vote:
Morrigan:
+Shadow Servant THC chosen for all assist types.
+Finishing Shower hitstun increased.
+Vector Drain air OK.
+Darkness Illusion leaves opponent in a crumple state.
+Air throws and Vector Drain (all) untechable knockdown increased by 30 frames.
+Shadow Blade M float point reduced (removes Morrigan’s corner infinite).
-Soul Fist and Soul Drain damage reduced to 70,000.

Assists: Shadow Blade H, Dark Harmonizer, Soul Drain
Why is that listed as a "+"? Should be listed as a "-" or a "*".

And why are you giving every assist the Shadow Servant THC? What if someone finds a use for the Finisher Shower THC with the hit stun buff? At least give one assist that THC for the flavor (even if it is useless, better to have it on something than to not have it all).

Gonna read the other annotations.

FSLink

Banned

He can already convert off of throws if you wavedash/plink dash, might want to reword that. :p

Why is that listed as a "+"? Should be listed as a "-" or a "*".

And why are you giving every assist the Shadow Servant THC? What if someone finds a use for the Finisher Shower THC with the hit stun buff? At least give one assist that THC for the flavor (even if it is useless, better to have it on something than to not have it all).

Gonna read the other annotations.
Finishing Shower really is a shit THC, and every Morrigan player I have suggested changing the THC to Shadow Servant really, really likes the idea. Basically, the problem is that Finishing Shower's missiles are not only random, but they hit differently based on the character hitbox, do low damage, and scale combos a ton. You would think that it would work a bit like Million Dollars, but that's just not the case. Any assist that has Finishing Shower as its THC is getting impaired.

Ideally, players could just choose their THC hyper, but that's for Marvel 4.

I will change the + to a *.

He can already convert off of throws if you wavedash/plink dash, might want to reword that. :p
It depends on the distance. Feel free to write more for it - I was getting tired.

Thank you for letting me know! And I am glad someone is reading the annotations, haha. If you want to add something, let me know. There are a few changes that I would not do the greatest job of explaining.

Iron Fist:

Hulk:

+Gamma Tornado (all versions) hitbox significantly increased; throws the opponent less far away, allowing for a Gamma Wave L + assist extension as with air throws.
Hulk’s command grabs are his only reliable way to open opponents up outside of assist tricks, and they are a double-edged sword: Hulk has to give up his corner pressure once the grab completes. Additionally, they have a considerably large startup time, and require meter or an OTG assist for combo extension. We wanted to give Hulk a little more for his effort; the risk-reward ratio was just not satisfying.

I'm reading them....I'm just not sure what you'd want to hear comments on. Spelling? Grammar? Punctuation? Actual mistakes like the two above?

Cause I'm not sure if they are mistakes or not. You said you may not explain certain changes well, so I'll just assume you didn't explain properly.

Iron Fist, for example can already convert off of all of his throws. Now if you said you guys were making it easier then that would make sense. As it stands, it just sounds like you may not know what you're talking about or that you are being...sarcastic, since it'll be much easier now.

Same thing with Hulk. You can already combo off of his command throw with a gamma wave L + assist.
Unless you mean to make it easier.

EDIT: Whoops FSLink beat me to the Iron Fist point. And no Karst, he can do it mid screen off of all of his throws. I dunno about super jump height.

Dahbomb

. Eye of Agamotto takes a long time to place, and Dr. Strange does not have the speech needed to move in and pressure opponents at that range.
That sounds like a typo, probably is supposed to say "space".

Rolling Buckler is unsafe regardless of the follow-up input even though it is a staple part of Felicia’s anti-pushblock game. Rolling Uppercut becoming jump-cancelable gives her a safe ender, fits in with her cat-like moveset, and leads into interesting pressure options.

Seems like you forgot the "/" at the end of the command there.

The assist version’s startup was reducd to ensure it can OTG more consistently, and the projectile hitpoints were increased to make it more useful as an anti-projectile tool. The increased blockstun makes it more useful for a combo ender.
Typo.

Double Lariat is Haggar’s go-to hyper, and because it is so good, few people complain about how useless his other options are. We decided to make Haggar’s other assist options highly situational in use so that teams which desperately need a specific tool have them available.
I think that should say "assist".

Why did we do this again? Hahaha.
I am pretty sure it's supposed to be so that it's useful against juggled opponents.

(Hulk)Well, it turns out that a bunch of nothing happens when the move is charged outside of a wall bounce that is only useful for combos.
This is not actually true.. there's a whole mind game/mix up that is based around this charge move. You charge the move while they are in a bad position. They throw out a button, you let the the punch go and it will hit them out of their button. If they just sit there you cancel the charge into one of the command throws. I do agree that the move should be hyper armored to make the mind game more apparent, people shouldn't be able to hit Hulk out of that move same thing for Viper's FA.

Hulk wasn’t going to be killing one character per hit with our version anyway, so we feel this is a good trade for him.
Actually he was still going to be able to kill characters under the old scaling in the new patch. He would be able to kill 1 million health characters off of a clean hit still. So this statement isn't actually true.

If this change would lead to multiple linkable Volcanic Roars, we suggest increasing Iron Fist’s recovery as needed.
This isn't going to lead to linkable Volcanic Roars because it's soft knockdown on all BUT the final hit. As long as the final hit acts as it always does, there is no need to change his recovery. So this statement shouldn't even be there.

+Wall of K’un-Lun and Rising Fang can be performed without the Rekka series; Rising Fang air OK.
It should be added that air OK Rising Fang was also mainly added in so that Iron Fist would have air to air combos especially at height above normal jump. Right now he gets just j.H, j.S at super jump height, with an air OK Rising Fang he would get j.H into Rising Fang into a decent combo from the wall bounce.

+c.L now hits low.
Iron Fist needs a fast low; right now his fastest option is a hefty 10 frames!
It should be emphasized that Iron Fist has terrible options to combat chicken blocking and thus like all rushdown only characters a fast low was a requirement for him.

It should be noted that in specific cases he can convert off his air throw but that's only the forward throw and that's only close to the ground. This makes it so that you can convert reliably off of all back and forward air throws.

FSLink

Banned
It should be noted that in specific cases he can convert off his air throw but that's only the forward throw and that's only close to the ground. This makes it so that you can convert reliably off of all back and forward air throws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjrTDnKVc9Q

He can already convert off of back throws (in the air as well as on the ground), just reword it so it's now easier, and with Crescent Heel not using up a ground bounce, he should be able to do a better combo off of it with or without assists.

Top Bottom