• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";84896945]GGs Slasher![/QUOTE]

GGs God's Beard! It's been a long time I played a FT50 set. I had no idea Akuma's beam hyper was invincible from behind on the ground, unless the hit box hits behind him as well.

Dahbomb

Does Dr Strange projectile counter hyper help in a Morridoom matchup? I haven't played in forever.
It helps damage Dr Doom a lot but Morrigan unflies at the first sight of the counter. Of course if Dr Strange manages to hit Morrigan with either SoV or 7 Rings he can X factor it into her death. The problem is having the meter in stock to be going for punishes, punishes that may not work out because of her unfly.

In the match up I would imagine that Dr Strange would use the AV opportunity to stay afloat in the air and summon Glyphs... take a few shots of Missiles to reset his air actions and keep doing it until he has 3 Glyphs to go for full screen teleport cross ups to catch Morrigan into a death combo.

shaowebb

It helps damage Dr Doom a lot but Morrigan unflies at the first sight of the counter. Of course if Dr Strange manages to hit Morrigan with either SoV or 7 Rings he can X factor it into her death. The problem is having the meter in stock to be going for punishes, punishes that may not work out because of her unfly.

In the match up I would imagine that Dr Strange would use the AV opportunity to stay afloat in the air and summon Glyphs... take a few shots of Missiles to reset his air actions and keep doing it until he has 3 Glyphs to go for full screen teleport cross ups to catch Morrigan into a death combo.

So realistically is it like a 6-4 in favor of Morridoom still or something?

Dahbomb

I always avoid listing match ups as numbers in Marvel.

Morrigan vs Strange no assists... not so bad for Strange.

Morrigan + Doom vs Strange + Doom ... more advantage to Morrigan.

Strange technically has the best match ups in the game because one mistake can equal SoV into death but you can't always rely on that so it comes to neutral game where Strange lacks compared to Morrigan. That said Strange has better punishes against Dr Doom and he can put Morrigan's assist out of commission gaining some advantage in the battle especially if he has his assist in tact.

This is not even taking into consideration resource differences. It's a completely different game if both are on low meter not sitting on XF versus both on high meter sitting on XF.

Ultimately Strange is not bad against MorriDoom the problem is that Strange is not good against Vergil which has been the whole dilemma around countering ChrisG's team. The characters who counter or can handle MorriDoom tend to fold hard against Vergil and vice versa. Only teams that have gotten consistent results against that team include Zero May Cry (with Strider variation) and Team Nemo. ZMC because Zero plus Jam Session can control Morrigan well and Zero can easily mix up Vergil on incoming. Having back up Dante + Vajra or Vergil + Vajra is effective against Morrigan too. Team Nemo is also good against MorriDoomVergil because first of all every character essentially demolishes Doom (Spencer requires more work but with Bolts and good hit confirms he can beat Doom convincingly). Spencer and Nova also do well against Vergil able to whiff punish him easily on stuff like Helm Breaker or in Spencer's case cleanly beat out Spiral Sword activation. Nova's Rocket Punch crumples Doom as he is using Missiles which puts the assist out of commission for quite a while allowing Nova to take on Morrigan 2v1 for a good amount of the fight. Any touch or grab is the death of Morrigan. There are also 3 hail mary supers on this team to punish assists or punish various actions of Morrigan and Vergil.

shaowebb

Thanks for that. I honestly hope you all get your patch...the game really needs it. If it gets patched I'll probably come back and see how the new iteration feels. I've considered giving the game another shot without Iron Fist as it extremely limited my experience. Cast that I enjoyed the most that I didn't give enough love were C. Viper, Chun Li, Storm, Rocket Raccoon, and Sentinel and most of those save RR were in my lineup of Vanilla rotating teams. Really liked Viper and Chun...

Oh well, on with your patch notes. I'd like to see them listed in their entirety once finished in a new thread to try and drum up attention for them after you submit them.

- Tell everyone to invest in PS3s for the event IMMEDIATELY.
- Do NOT talk to the man. Ever.
- Play Chris/Dante
- Get some laggy monitors
- Ask Smedwicks for help

Did ChrisG lose to a Chris/Dante team?

And Vice, sorry I didn't accept your invite last night/this morning. I was already in a set with someone and by the time I was done, you were gone.

Dahbomb

Thanks for that. I honestly hope you all get your patch...the game really needs it. If it gets patched I'll probably come back and see how the new iteration feels. I've considered giving the game another shot without Iron Fist as it extremely limited my experience. Cast that I enjoyed the most that I didn't give enough love were C. Viper, Chun Li, Storm, Rocket Raccoon, and Sentinel and most of those save RR were in my lineup of Vanilla rotating teams. Really liked Viper and Chun...

Oh well, on with your patch notes. I'd like to see them listed in their entirety once finished in a new thread to try and drum up attention for them after you submit them.
You can read the changelist on the first page of this OT. Just scroll down until you see the changes. The final list should be more or less what we have up there now. The completed changelist will have annotations to explain the changes as well.

Frantic

Trish:
+Trick “Hopscotch” hitstun increased; now OTGs.
+Flight startup reduced to 15 frames.
+High Voltage creates a small vacuum effect to ensure more hits connect.
+Duet Pain now hits OTG.
+Low Voltage recovery reduced to 30 across the board; durability increased to 4 on each bolt.
+Sign Switch H now causes Sparda to home in on the opponent.
+Round Trip durability increased to 8; no longer loses its hitbox after encountering any opposing projectile.
+Untechable time after ground throws increased by 20 frames.
+Trick “Peekaboo” causes a set amount of hitstun (60 frames); decreases by 10 frames for every use in a combo.

Assists: Low Voltage H, Trick “Peekaboo”, Trick “Hopscotch”
That's fine. I vote yes.

Spider-man:
+Web Ball H (assist) is unaffected by hitstun deterioration.
+Spider Bite (assist) hits overhead and causes a ground bounce.
+Ultimate Web Throw hitbox changed to better match the animation; startup reduced to 15+3; now air OK; aerial version has a smaller hitbox than the grounded version.
+Untechable time after Maximum Spider increased slightly; now possible to OTG follow-up.
+Standing and crouching normals now pull opponents in more.
-Web Glide can no longer be block canceled; Spider-man can use Web Glide three times now before touching the ground; grounded Web Glide does not count against this maximum; Web Glide may be canceled into itself.
-Hitstun decay now continues to accumulate during Web Throw’s catch animation.

Assists: Web Ball H, Web Swing H, Spider Sting H x Spider Bite
Still do not agree with the histun decay on Web Throw. It's too hard to determine how it'll affect him.

Capcom is pretty good at fixing infinites. Remember the Captain America Vanilla infinite?
They kinda messed with his confirms and combos with that. At least, that's what I heard from Cap players at the time. I don't know for sure, but I know it wasn't a completely optimal fix.

What about Low Voltage L, though?
Low Voltage does its job of being a decently quick projectile to stop a lot of characters from pushblocking and then counterattacking. It's fine.

This is far, far too much. Zero needs the mix-up, I just think it should be a little slower.
Implying Zero needs the mixup is silly. Zero had a lot less mixups in vanilla than what he would have in this proposed patch removing the command dash > Buster, yet he was one of the best in that game, so I fail to see why he needs it. Additionally, if he's doing it in a blockstring, you can pushblock him the same as Wolverine and he'll never cross up. He more or less has to do it raw, and he should be covering himself with an assist in that case.

With the Buster change, you screw with his combo potential, you screw with his zoning, you screw with his defensive options, you screw with his overall rushdown potential. Hell, one of his best defensive options - Ryuenjin > Buster - would no longer combo, and so he becomes a lot less threatening to pressure at the start of the round. The Buster startup change is a far greater nerf than removing one of his many mixups.

Dahbomb

Yea when Capcom fixes infinites they are usually never optimum fixes. Same thing happened for Tron, her Bonne Strike is simply not as good as before because of the nerf to her infinite.

That's not something we can control. Removal of infinites usually ends up with nerf to a move. Remember the UWT reset in Vanilla for Spider Man? They had to nerf Web Ball to remove it, greatly nerfing his reset game.

Of course there are exceptions... the Swiss Cheese infinite was nerfed without any serious changes to the move. I am pretty sure that was just a hit box problem so it was an easy fix.

shaowebb

Did ChrisG lose to a Chris/Dante team?

And Vice, sorry I didn't accept your invite last night/this morning. I was already in a set with someone and by the time I was done, you were gone.

Yeah- against senor taxi. Was hype! Look it up on youtube.
Just watched it and yeah it was pretty sick. Magnums and chucking fire at the ground with Jam Session assist. Doom assist took a lot of magnum punish and in general it was just solid patient play from Senor Taxi...very very clutch wins. I'd like to see more of him.

Yea when Capcom fixes infinites they are usually never optimum fixes. Same thing happened for Tron, her Bonne Strike is simply not as good as before because of the nerf to her infinite. Good anti morridoom team there. Kind of wondering if the team would get better with anyone besides Spencer as its third though. Guess it depends on the player.

That's not something we can control. Removal of infinites usually ends up with nerf to a move. Remember the UWT reset in Vanilla for Spider Man? They had to nerf Web Ball to remove it, greatly nerfing his reset game.

Of course there are exceptions... the Swiss Cheese infinite was nerfed without any serious changes to the move. I am pretty sure that was just a hit box problem so it was an easy fix.

Yeah...lots of nerfs go flying with Capcom to kill loops and infinites. Makes me dream of hitting the lotto so I can just buy a license for Marvel and DC and then go hire Lab Zero to put it into their engine to enjoy those nice infinite/unblockable protection systems. They'd likely have to reinvent Magneto and a few others for their engine after that lol.

Frantic

Yea when Capcom fixes infinites they are usually never optimum fixes. Same thing happened for Tron, her Bonne Strike is simply not as good as before because of the nerf to her infinite.

I think Akuma's Tatsu got nerfed too when they removed the jump Tatsu loop in early vanilla. Could be wrong, but I think it did affect Tatsu's minimum hitstun. *shrug*

I know that ultimately you're going to have to nerf a move to remove an infinite, but there's generally an option that removes the infinite without completely nerfing the move. Like, Capcom probably would just nerf the Morrigan infinite by giving Shadow Blade less hitstun, or giving it HSD. It's the simplest way to fix the infinite, but it ultimately nerfs the move pretty considerably, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. It's just with Spencer's infinite, it's kind of hard to remove the infinite without nerfing zipline a lot. The only way I can think of removing the infinite while nerfing zipline as little as possible is to make each subsequent use of zipline have less hitstun(and using another move resets the hitstun, but at high levels of HSD, using something else will just cause them to flip out), but I don't know how plausible that would actually be.

Zissou

Mags/Doom/Sentinel is so fun... except when I'm getting b-dayed for bad drone assist calls. Playing Magneto truly exposes any fraudulence you have. He's exactly as good as the player using him.

More like except for Doom Sentinel. The only time I have any fun with point magneto is when Dormammu's second but I hate goddamn doom and sentinel. And I get super depressed when Magneto dies on point and pretty much give up. I guess I could play Magneto Dormammu Hawkeye but anchor Hawkeye is the most fraudulent shit ever.

Also, my main team is slowly shifting towards Hawkeye/Dante/Magneto every day. So much more fun, but goddamn do I miss god mode Rapid Slash assist.

Also, ice block devil trigger tk vortex is hard as balls.

Frantic, would you type up a note for C. Viper's infinite removal? I'd also like a video so I can annotate it while knowing what I'm talking about - haha.

I didn't say that the Web Loop shouldn't be nerfed, I am definitely with you that combo is too good. I am saying that the nerf suggested might be too big and would actually hurt his BnBs too. We should look at other ways to nerf it.

I like Frantic's suggestion of adding more HSD acceleration on cr.M. That would definitely cut down on the Web Loops without removing them completely.
It's not even the c.M loop. I don't care about that. It's stuff like Hidden Missiles and Mystic Ray extensions.

Just look at this stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niD81hdW9Gg

His damage might go down to 600K for 1 bar, but keep in mind that we are massively enhancing his pressure and reset game. We don't want to create a monster here.

Also Wolverine's Swiss Cheese/Berserker Rage change should be listed as a nerf ("-"). And one of the Viewtiful Joe changes is supposed to be either a "-" or a "*".
I made the changes on my file.

I think all the broad strokes on the characters are done now. Since we removed RR unblockable, might as well remove MODOK unblockable or nerf it (lower the active frames the puddle counts as a "low"). In addition, I am recommending that Dante receive a nerf on Grapple by giving it 3 frames of added recovery so that you are guaranteed to at least escape it with a hard tag. You Dante fans need to figure out which change you can live to part with.
How about we make MODOK's c.M not hit low, but it now stays out longer like a mini Flame Carpet?

I like the Dante suggestion, but I want Frantic's input. He has the most Dante knowledge.

*We should probably make a statement in the "Other Changes" that an effort have been made to limit meterless and guaranteed unblockables in the game. Just so people don't freak out over the unblockable changes.
Good idea - noted and added:

*Efforts have been made to remove meterless unblockables from the game.
We think that a game where two people get to play is more fun than a game where only one does. While Firebrand has the scariest meterless unblockable setups that kill entire teams, it is a problem in general. It’s not fun to play against, and it’s not fun to watch. We would like to think that it’s not fun for the person doing the endless unblockable setups, but… If a player has to spend meter for the unblockable setup, we feel that this is acceptable so long as entire teams cannot be destroyed as result. Many characters get vicious damage or reset opportunities for one bar, and this is roughly on par with those opportunities.

Morrigan: Should be labeled as "*"
I have this changed in my notes already, just not on the front page.

Phoenix: This should specify what you are changing (startup/recovery/active etc).
Done.

Ryu: This should be 8 point durability. The reason is that this would be equivalent to the charged QCF+S fireball if it was 10 point durability which makes no sense.
We can talk about this.

This should be listed as +/- or "*" because it contains both a nerf and buffs.
Done.

I thought we all agreed this was too much? What's the frame data on the uncharged version? This should be a 5 frame reduction at the most.
I do not remember such a discussion.

THE NOTES ARE UPDATED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE THREAD

@Shao: agreed on posting it all once we are done. This is going everywhere. :)

That's fine. I vote yes.
Recorded.

Still do not agree with the histun decay on Web Throw. It's too hard to determine how it'll affect him.
Nonsense. Just look at his best bnbs that don't use Web Throw, and now you know what we did to him.

They kinda messed with his confirms and combos with that. At least, that's what I heard from Cap players at the time. I don't know for sure, but I know it wasn't a completely optimal fix.
I know a few Cap mains, and I have never heard this.

Low Voltage does its job of being a decently quick projectile to stop a lot of characters from pushblocking and then counterattacking. It's fine.
It's really slow and weak. :-(

I feel like Trish needs a good harassment tool from afar.

Implying Zero needs the mixup is silly. Zero had a lot less mixups in vanilla than what he would have in this proposed patch removing the command dash > Buster, yet he was one of the best in that game, so I fail to see why he needs it. Additionally, if he's doing it in a blockstring, you can pushblock him the same as Wolverine and he'll never cross up. He more or less has to do it raw, and he should be covering himself with an assist in that case.
I think he needs it in this present patch. You know I have to be right if I am defending Zero from nerfs. ;-)

With the Buster change, you screw with his combo potential, you screw with his zoning, you screw with his defensive options, you screw with his overall rushdown potential. Hell, one of his best defensive options - Ryuenjin > Buster - would no longer combo, and so he becomes a lot less threatening to pressure at the start of the round. The Buster startup change is a far greater nerf than removing one of his many mixups.
It's not greater, and it's also important for nerfing Sougenmu. The buster changes keep Sougenmu from pinning a player during its entire duration.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";84930997]I should probably play Magneto on point. It felt good to have a playable connection today.[/QUOTE]

It was really the best connection we have ever had.

As we close in on the patch conclusion, I'd like everyone to look at the characters we have balanced and ask themselves this:
"Is this character worth picking?"

Because that is our goal here.

One character that still strikes me as a "no way" is Tron Bonne, and I suggest we add the following to her:
+Tron Bonne's minimum air dash height is now reduced by [some number].

When I face Tron Bonne, it's a goddamn joke because she can only move by air dashing in a real match, and her air dash is pretty high. Dormammu can anti-air her for free every single time. He's not the only one, either. I think that if Tron Bonne could do air dashes into j.L, H, and S low to the ground, she would have a safer and stronger approach option.

Thoughts?

I've also thought about giving her two air dashes per jump.

Dahbomb

Shield Slash hit stun was definitely nerfed. I am pretty sure there are videos documenting this. Obviously this had to happen to remove his infinite.

About that Spider Man video... even if you implement the change we have for Web Throw most of those combos would still be possible as he is using Web Throw late into the combo. The thing is that I don't have an issue with him doing 900K or so for 1 bar and 2 assists... a lot of characters even in this new patch can still do those type of numbers. I have a problem when he does 900K METERLESS DAMAGE SOLO. That's the Web Throw loop which is obviously too good. IMO that's the only thing that is a problem... besides we already nerfed Hidden Missiles to have 2 fewer missiles which means quite a few of those combos in that video wouldn't work anyway.

Also you need to address the Phoenix f.M change. The change itself is completely unnecessary. Talking about the start up change since now it is specified... why does she need this?

As we close in on the patch conclusion, I'd like everyone to look at the characters we have balanced and ask themselves this:
"Is this character worth picking?"
I thought the same when I looked at characters like Tron, She Hulk, Nemesis and Captain America. Hell I don't even think PW is worth picking.

At least in the case of Tron she has 3 good assists to choose from. A fully mashed Bonne Strike is basically a second Frank Shopping Cart. Gustaff Flame having some invincibility is obviously good and the triple Servot Launcher has potential. And quite a few of her buffs are substantial. Just being able to self combo off of throws is pretty big for her as is a proper ground dash.

Edit: Actually disregard the Taskmaster talk. I misread it and thought it was start up not recovery. Yea the recovery on it is too high, 10 frame recovery is pretty much needed.

Shield Slash hit stun was definitely nerfed. I am pretty sure there are videos documenting this. Obviously this had to happen to remove his infinite.
I don't think the hitstun was changed. The infinite was removed by changing the float point of Shield Slash. Players bounced higher from the shield hit than before so it could not loop.

About that Spider Man video... even if you implement the change we have for Web Throw most of those combos would still be possible as he is using Web Throw late into the combo. The thing is that I don't have an issue with him doing 900K or so for 1 bar and 2 assists... a lot of characters even in this new patch can still do those type of numbers. I have a problem when he does 900K METERLESS DAMAGE SOLO. That's the Web Throw loop which is obviously too good. IMO that's the only thing that is a problem... besides we already nerfed Hidden Missiles to have 2 fewer missiles which means quite a few of those combos in that video wouldn't work anyway.
KEY POINT: really fucking boring to watch.

Also you need to address the Phoenix f.M change. The change itself is completely unnecessary. Talking about the start up change since now it is specified... why does she need this?
It's unnecessarily slow on a character who is already penalized when an opponent gets into the corner. It's never had someone not counter it on reaction because the animation is unique, obvious, and slow. She needs something to help her open people up in the corner. It is only seen once in a blue moon in tournaments because it is so unreliable, and it's only good for corner situations as it is.

I thought the same when I looked at characters like Tron, She Hulk, Nemesis and Captain America. Hell I don't even think PW is worth picking.
PW can never be my kind of character, so I leave that to the PW players, and they all seem happy with what we have done.

At least in the case of Tron she has 3 good assists to choose from. A fully mashed Bonne Strike is basically a second Frank Shopping Cart. Gustaff Flame having some invincibility is obviously good and the triple Servot Launcher has potential. And quite a few of her buffs are substantial. Just being able to self combo off of throws is pretty big for her as is a proper ground dash.
Indeed.

Edit: Actually disregard the Taskmaster talk. I misread it and thought it was start up not recovery. Yea the recovery on it is too high, 10 frame recovery is pretty much needed.
K. I just wanted to give Taskmaster players a reason to use uncharged arrows, because right now they rarely do.

Dahbomb

It's unnecessarily slow on a character who is already penalized when an opponent gets into the corner. It's never had someone not counter it on reaction because the animation is unique, obvious, and slow. She needs something to help her open people up in the corner. It is only seen once in a blue moon in tournaments because it is so unreliable, and it's only good for corner situations as it is.
First of all.. she has tri dash pressure, throws and even weird cross ups with dive kick in the corner... she does not "need" this. Second of all... I don't care what kind of animation it has a 22 frame overhead is solid in this game, only 1 frame slower than Akuma's overhead which Justin Wong almost won EVO with. Thirdly that overhead gets used a lot in tournaments and she opens players up (both Neo and FChamp use it, sometimes even more than once in a match). The trick is using it when they don't expect it, that's how she opens you up. Fourthly, you already buffed her fly cancel speed which means any overhead she gets off of that like j.S is now also faster. Finally... when she is in XF3 or in Dark Phoenix.. that overhead becomes insanely hard to read and block.

19 frame is too fast for a standing overhead in fact it would be the fastest in the game. That's as fast as Magneto's tri dash overhead at its FASTEST possible input... it makes no sense for her to have that tool especially when she is played as an anchor most of the time. Only Nova and Phoenix have a standing overhead as tri dash characters with Nova's overhead being slower and Nova has no teleport.

First of all.. she has tri dash pressure, throws and even weird cross ups with dive kick in the corner... she does not "need" this.
What? None of those except for throws work in the corner. She's very susceptible to chicken blocking opponents.

Second of all... I don't care what kind of animation it has a 22 frame overhead is solid in this game, only 1 frame slower than Akuma's overhead which Justin Wong almost won EVO with.
Akuma's overhead has a far subtler animation.

Thirdly that overhead gets used a lot in tournaments and she opens players up (both Neo and FChamp use it, sometimes even more than once in a match). The trick is using it when they don't expect it, that's how she opens you up. Fourthly, you already buffed her fly cancel speed which means any overhead she gets off of that like j.S is now also faster. Finally... when she is in XF3 or in Dark Phoenix.. that overhead becomes insanely hard to read and block.
It does not get used a lot. It's rare. Most players go for the double fly overhead instead (including me).

19 frame is too fast for a standing overhead in fact it would be the fastest in the game. That's as fast as Magneto's tri dash overhead at its FASTEST possible input... it makes no sense for her to have that tool especially when she is played as an anchor.
She has shit health and got some serious setbacks in this version with lower X-Factor values and lower health values. Look at the bigger picture.

There are soooo many faster overheads in this game - why does it matter if it's standing? Wolverine and Firebrand get instant overheads that are impossible to react to, and they are jumping overheads, which are better than standing overheads. How is this a problem?

Sigh. This is like Morrigan all over again. Read the damn changelogs before you vote!!!!!!!

Dahbomb

I already voted yes on her but I voted on the version that DIDN'T SPECIFY if it was start up or recovery change. Now since it has been manually changed it is open to discussion.

She's very susceptible to chicken blocking opponents.
As is every character in the game in the corner. Thing is that she has fast ground dash and cr.L to keep people from jumping.. and when they aren't jumping they are susceptible to overhead.

It does not get used a lot. It's rare. Most players go for the double fly overhead instead (including me).
Define rare because I have seen it being used one of two matches every time FChamp or Neo gets to use Phoenix.

She has shit health and got some serious setbacks in this version with lower X-Factor values and lower health values. Look at the bigger picture.
And she comes with Dark Phoenix as well. Because a change to Jean impacts Dark Phoenix as well and you are making XF3 Dark Phoenix even better because of this. The big picture is Dark Phoenix with Phoenix... any mix up or opening she gets as regular Phoenix is gravy.
There are soooo many faster overheads in this game
It's a good thing then that we are talking about STANDING OVERHEADS then because I don't know of a single 19 frame standing overhead in the game.

Shit health? Buffed due to 20% health increase. She can now survive many LVL1s raw which is a substantial buff.
Lower XF values? Kinda irrelevant when it comes to Dark Phoenix and the lower XF value is a problem for every anchor character in the game mostly for Vergil.
Lower health values? I don't understand this because everyone including Phoenix is getting more health.

Akuma's overhead has a far subtler animation.
Subjective statement. Objectively it's only 1 frame faster. That's like someone saying Nova's overhead is hard to block because the animation is tricky when in fact its slower than Phoenix's overhead. Speaking strictly in terms of numbers, Phoenix has a DAMN GOOD standing overhead especially taking into consideration her overall toolset. Your problem with the overhead is not that its slow.. that's an objectively incorrect statement your problem is that the animation is subjectively too obvious to you. So you can file a suggestion to change the animation to make it trickier but we can't do that based on the changelog rules.

Frantic

Frantic, would you type up a note for C. Viper's infinite removal? I'd also like a video so I can annotate it while knowing what I'm talking about - haha.
- The first hit of s.S is now subjected to HSD, with a minimum hitstun allowing for the second hit of s.S to hit.

You can adjust the wording if you need to. This is the best video I can find on the infinite.

I like the Dante suggestion, but I want Frantic's input. He has the most Dante knowledge.
The thing with adding more recovery to Grapple is that a lot of followups will no longer work. It'd make confirming off it from a read/guess not that great, so it'd be kinda ass in that situation... and it's already kinda ass in that situation since it starts up slow and recovers slow.

I do not remember such a discussion.
Wasn't it originally on both uncharged and charged versions? I think that was what the discussion was about. Don't really remember.

Nonsense. Just look at his best bnbs that don't use Web Throw, and now you know what we did to him.
It's not as simple as that. Can he actually solo OTG off a Web Throw hitconfirm? Can he even solo convert off a raw Web Throw? Will he even be able to do an air combo after a single Web Throw? Saying Web Throw combos are boring is a poor excuse for potentially harming a lot of combos/confirms.

Hitstun deterioration was definitely changed. Pretty sure it affected some of his combos, but eh... I don't know much about Cap(and that was a long time ago) so I don't know how severely it affected him.

Man, I completely forgot about the Zero snapback glitch.

I feel like Trish needs a good harassment tool from afar.
All it'd really do is make her good matchups better while her harder matchups are no different.

I'd rather give Trish a Stinger like Dante's to nullify projectiles. Or hell, let her solo combo after her instant overhead
(That would be the dumbest thing ever.)

On the Buster change topic, I'm tired arguing over it. Have been since you first proposed the change. It's simply something I will never agree on, because it affects more parts of Zeros gameplan than anything else and ultimately nerfs all of his gameplans. The rest of you voted Yes, so just overturn my vote or whatever.

I already voted yes on her but I voted on the version that DIDN'T SPECIFY if it was start up or recovery change. Now since it has been manually changed it is open to discussion.
That's not how it works.

The rules specifically stated that you vote on all changes and their wording. If the wording is not understood, it is your responsibility to say something before you vote. The intention prevails.

If 3/4 of the members want to discuss it, then I'm glad to open it. But a typo or poor phrasing does not warrant votes being re-opened. The change was discussed and accepted back when changes were initially proposed - there was no confusion as to the note's intention.

Re: corner problems. Phoenix has worse corner problems than most characters because most characters with cross-up moves can still do them in the corner. Phoenix cannot. She loses corner teleportation mix-ups, so she needs a little more help than most characters who are facing opponents in the corner.

And I meant higher health values - Dark Phoenix is not an extraordinary character once X-Factor burns out, and now she will have a harder time KOing entire teams with the higher health totals and the XF value nerfs.

- The first hit of s.S is now subjected to HSD, with a minimum hitstun allowing for the second hit of s.S to hit.

You can adjust the wording if you need to. This is the best video I can find on the infinite.
Added to my notes. I'm sure we will all support an infinite removal, so no need to re-vote.

The thing with adding more recovery to Grapple is that a lot of followups will no longer work. It'd make confirming off it from a read/guess not that great, so it'd be kinda ass in that situation... and it's already kinda ass in that situation since it starts up slow and recovers slow.
What do you suggest?

Wasn't it originally on both uncharged and charged versions? I think that was what the discussion was about. Don't really remember.
I don't remember, clearly. What would you like to see happen for Low Voltage?

It's not as simple as that. Can he actually solo OTG off a Web Throw hitconfirm? Can he even solo convert off a raw Web Throw? Will he even be able to do an air combo after a single Web Throw? Saying Web Throw combos are boring is a poor excuse for potentially harming a lot of combos/confirms.
Games should be fun, so I actually find "boring" to be a strong argument.

Given that Spider-man can OTG off of web throw at relatively high HSD in some of those videos, I think his OTG confirmations are fine. We can always add an annotation about that concern if it's a worry of yours.

Hitstun deterioration was definitely changed. Pretty sure it affected some of his combos, but eh... I don't know much about Cap(and that was a long time ago) so I don't know how severely it affected him.
K.

Man, I completely forgot about the Zero snapback glitch.
So many glitches...

All it'd really do is make her good matchups better while her harder matchups are no different.

I'd rather give Trish a Stinger like Dante's to nullify projectiles. Or hell, let her solo combo after her instant overhead
(That would be the dumbest thing ever.)
:p

On the Buster change topic, I'm tired arguing over it. Have been since you first proposed the change. It's simply something I will never agree on, because it affects more parts of Zeros gameplan than anything else and ultimately nerfs all of his gameplans. The rest of you voted Yes, so just overturn my vote or whatever.
I don't feel like you've given a real argument against it except that you think Zero might only be able to solo relaunch twice, to which I just say "okay".

I'll think on it more, but I'm not entirely opposed to undoing the nerf. I just want some solid reasoning that shows me it actually hurts the character in a major way.

Dahbomb

That's not how it works.

The rules specifically stated that you vote on all changes and their wording. If the wording is not understood, it is your responsibility to say something before you vote. The intention prevails.

If 3/4 of the members want to discuss it, then I'm glad to open it. But a typo or poor phrasing does not warrant votes being re-opened. The change was discussed and accepted back when changes were initially proposed - there was no confusion as to the note's intention.
I don't know I was always under the impression that if a change is made on the list (big or small) then the new changes have to be voted on again. I see it as both our fault here... yours for not specifying what was changing and me for not picking it up before voting on it. I really do think that if there is even a minor change that voting has to be re-opened because people have to check to see the new list is in order before making a comment.

Re: corner problems. Phoenix has worse corner problems than most characters because most characters with cross-up moves can still do them in the corner. Phoenix cannot. She loses corner teleportation mix-ups, so she needs a little more help than most characters who are facing opponents in the corner.
Thing is that you don't need cross up moves to open someone up in the corner. You have a fast low and an overhead plus a comboable throw you are good to go especially if you are sitting on X factor. In all the games that FChamp has played he has no issue opening someone up with Phoenix because of her complete package... no one has been able to time his Phoenix out for over a year or so.

And I meant higher health values - Dark Phoenix is not an extraordinary character once X-Factor burns out, and now she will have a harder time KOing entire teams with the higher health totals and the XF value nerfs.
IMO if Dark Phoenix was activated and she was unable to KO the entire team... she already fucked up. It's like Vergil when in XF3 and meter... if he uses all of that and the team isn't dead yet, he fucked up and probably deserves the loss (and in most cases he does lose because without juice Vergil is not that good at all).

Dark Phoenix having XF values beyond the normal ones already makes her "buffed" compared to the other anchors in the game who got their values nerfed. This attribute makes her immensely strong as a Dark Anchor compared to the other two. So while other anchors struggle with higher health and lower XF values... Dark Phoenix only has to worry about the higher health. And of course high health works both way... the 20% health increase for Phoenix is more meaningful because she crosses the threshold where random hypers can't kill her.

Probably should open this up to committee discussion. I felt that this was completely skipped over in the discussion and never really brought up. It seemed like a harmless change at the time but now it's looking kinda unnecessary and over the top.

I don't know I was always under the impression that if a change is made on the list (big or small) then the new changes have to be voted on again. I see it as both our fault here... yours for not specifying what was changing and me for not picking it up before voting on it. I really do think that if there is even a minor change that voting has to be re-opened because people have to check to see the new list is in order before making a comment.
If one other committee member posts to say that he honestly did not know that change was about the startup, and that the typo clarification makes him think differently about it, we'll re-open discussion. Otherwise it would just be a 3/4 anyway. So, if Frantic or Zissou say that they thought they were voting for something else, we'll talk about it more. Fair?

Thing is that you don't need cross up moves to open someone up in the corner. You have a fast low and an overhead plus a comboable throw you are good to go especially if you are sitting on X factor. In all the games that FChamp has played he has no issue opening someone up with Phoenix because of her complete package... no one has been able to time his Phoenix out for over a year or so.
I'm talking about tools lost, though. Not just total toolset. I do feel this is a big deal for Phoenix.

IMO if Dark Phoenix was activated and she was unable to KO the entire team... she already fucked up. It's like Vergil when in XF3 and meter... if he uses all of that and the team isn't dead yet, he fucked up and probably deserves the loss (and in most cases he does lose because without juice Vergil is not that good at all).

Dark Phoenix having XF values beyond the normal ones already makes her "buffed" compared to the other anchors in the game who got their values nerfed. This attribute makes her immensely strong as a Dark Anchor compared to the other two. So while other anchors struggle with higher health and lower XF values... Dark Phoenix only has to worry about the higher health. And of course high health works both way... the 20% health increase for Phoenix is more meaningful because she crosses the threshold where random hypers can't kill her.
I'm saying that with our new X-Factor and health values, Dark Phoenix failing to KO an entire team might be the norm. I totally agree that in the current game, you mess up if you don't win once she is on the screen safely. That's her game at that point. But with weaker X-Factor values and some characters having huge health, we might see Dark Phoenix burning 1/3-1/2 of her X-Factor time taking down a character like Chris.

Random hypers don't kill Phoenix or Dark Phoenix usually, by the way. Not unless the opponent is in X-Factor, and those will still kill her in our version. 375K health is enough to survive Chaotic Flame, Shinku Hadoken, Gimlet, etc.

Ghazi

I spent like 9 hours straight today at the arcade playing Marvel, I'm so shit with Jill but it was obvious that people didn't know how to fight her. Although some people better than others adapted to her "gimmicks", but it just turned into mind games when I could Feral Dash Up, Diagonal Up, Behind them, or Forward because I had only been doing Forward for a good while. Was fun though, she was best character and surprisingly Vergil was my worst, I need to start putting that Jill/Frank/Strider team to use. Dante and Vergil were practically useless.

Still need to figure out the Jill TAC infinite and finish learning the Mad Beast+X-Factor Infinite.

By the way, Dahbomb, a 19 frame overhead is not even close to the fastest in the game. Viewtiful Joe's f.M overhead, which is 100% ambiguous and invisible, has a ridiculously small 13 frame startup!

I spent like 9 hours straight today at the arcade playing Marvel, I'm so shit with Jill but it was obvious that people didn't know how to fight her. Although some people better than others adapted to her "gimmicks", but it just turned into mind games when I could Feral Dash Up, Diagonal Up, Behind them, or Forward because I had only been doing Forward for a good while. Was fun though, she was best character and surprisingly Vergil was my worst, I need to start putting that Jill/Frank/Strider team to use. Dante and Vergil were practically useless.

Still need to figure out the Jill TAC infinite and finish learning the Mad Beast+X-Factor Infinite.
Are you the guy who did the FT10 against Prozac? Or are there other Jill/Frank/Strider players? Haha.

Dahbomb

Oh yea forgot about that Joe overhead.. yeah that one is basically an instant overhead you can't react to that at 13 frames. But of course different characters and what not... Joe doesn't have much else to open someone with.

Really should open this up for general discussion. I personally think it's a bad idea that Phoenix gets a sub 20 frame standing overhead.

As far as Zero goes I am also inclined to go against the start up nerf. When it was first being discussed I was sort of reticent about it but then I sort of folded. If the start up does affect stuff like Ryuejin into Buster confirm that's a problem. We can't really know for sure. Buster is a hard move to balance because of that charge limitation... it's not something he has all the time so when he does have it it's supposed to be good. His entire game plan in some way revolves around Buster.

Oh yea forgot about that Joe overhead.. yeah that one is basically an instant overhead you can't react to that at 13 frames. But of course different characters and what not... Joe doesn't have much else to open someone with.
-_-

Really should open this up for general discussion. I personally think it's a bad idea that Phoenix gets a sub 20 frame overhead.
Discuss away.

As far as Zero goes I am also inclined to go against the start up nerf. When it was first being discussed I was sort of reticent about it but then I sort of folded. If the start up does affect stuff like Ryuejin into Buster confirm that's a problem. We can't really know for sure. Buster is a hard move to balance because of that charge limitation... it's not something he has all the time so when he does have it it's supposed to be good. His entire game plan in some way revolves around Buster.
It definitely won't affect Ryuenjin into Buster. Ryuenjin has tons of hitstun.

That being said, I'm okay with removing the change after reflecting on it a great deal. Everyone now needs to re-vote on Zero.

Ghazi

Are you the guy who did the FT10 against Prozac? Or are there other Jill/Frank/Strider players? Haha.

Maybe, I don't pay attention to who I fight online, but probably not. To find other Jill/Frank/Strider players you have to find Jill players first :p

But yeah, I'm almost positive that's the most popular Jill team, so there's probably a lot more.

Dahbomb

I have already discussed about the Phoenix overhead change. I want other people to chime in otherwise I will just repeat what I already said.

We are re-voting on Zero? I vote Yes.

Also we need to address the Storm Float change. Yeah I know I agreed on her being able to call assists during Float but not on her actual Float being limited. Needs discussion.

Edit: Actually I referred to the votes and I still have a N on Storm so I am still legally allowed to do this! I guess that's why I still have that N on it, that aspect of her was never really settled.

Maybe, I don't pay attention to who I fight online, but probably not. To find other Jill/Frank/Strider players you have to find Jill players first :p

But yeah, I'm almost positive that's the most popular Jill team, so there's probably a lot more.
You would know if this were you, I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drNY5SLKPUE

I have already discussed about the Phoenix overhead change. I want other people to chime in otherwise I will just repeat what I already said.

We are re-voting on Zero? I vote Yes.

Also we need to address the Storm Float change. Yeah I know I agreed on her being able to call assists during Float but not on her actual Float being limited. Needs discussion.

Edit: Actually I referred to the votes and I still have a N on Storm so I am still legally allowed to do this! I guess that's why I still have that N on it, that aspect of her was never really settled.
Vote recorded.

Yeah, we still need more discussion on Storm's Float.

Frantic

What do you suggest?
It's a bit hard to say. The neutral tech is really helpful for Dante's oki, so removing it would kinda hurt, but at the same time there's not a lot you can do to remove the 'unblockables'.

What would you like to see happen for Low Voltage?
Eh... I wouldn't change much from the current list. I'd probably take a universal five frame reduction over the 4 durability change. So 10/15/20 instead of 15/20/25. It'd make them better without making them too good. They have more startup and recovery than other similar projectiles, so yeah.

Given that Spider-man can OTG off of web throw at relatively high HSD in some of those videos, I think his OTG confirmations are fine. We can always add an annotation about that concern if it's a worry of yours.
That's fine, I suppose.

I don't feel like you've given a real argument against it except that you think Zero might only be able to solo relaunch twice, to which I just say "okay".
Ryuenjin > Buster is basically Zero's best option against a rushdown character like Wolverine at the start of the round, and if it doesn't combo(and if there's a ten frame gap between Ryuenjin's active frame and Buster), it becomes a lot less threatening and will allow Wolverine to just maneuver around it and punish. It ultimately makes Zero's options far less scary at the start(because 10 frame Buster by itself isn't enough to deter some characters in a lot of cases).

If he's coming down from the air, and someone is waiting below, at 5 frames it becomes something that the opposing character needs to be very careful of to avoid it since it'll auto correct. At 10 frames, that's much easier to cross under and punish. You might say he has pizza cutter as he's coming down, but that's one option that'll ultimately become predictable and isn't impossible to punish if you're expecting it. Having Buster on hand means he has a second option, but if it's ten frames it becomes less reliable as a protective option.

If someone is coming at you from the ground, the five frames of additional startup for Buster can mean the difference between jumping over it and continuing in on your pressure or being forced to block it.

Because of the durability change in addition to the startup of Buster, some of the 'lesser' projectiles are probably just going to go through for a trade with Buster since the durability won't start up fast enough to eat them(it's like how sometimes you'll see arrows go through a beam, just because the beam didn't fully startup to absorb the projectiles).

There's just a lot of small facets that don't really become apparent until you start looking. Five frames isn't a lot in terms of time, but when it comes to startup it's very important. The primary reason Zero is scary is because of Buster, and if you increase the startup, it becomes less scary.

I suppose I can give a psuedo example of how startup changes(even relatively small ones) can make a huge difference. Hammer in vanilla had invincibility from frames 4-19, and in Ultimate the invincibility is from 11-20. That's a seven frame difference in the startup, which is less time than it takes us to blink, but people aren't getting bopped by it left and right anymore because if someone pushed a button against it, there's seven additional frames for that button to connect. The same would apply to Buster, and it would affect Zero in the long run.

It definitely won't affect Ryuenjin into Buster. Ryuenjin has tons of hitstun.
Test it out yourself in training mode and look closely at where and when you can connect Ryuenjin into Buster. It becomes immediately apparent having five additional frames would remove it.

You would know if this were you, I'm sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drNY5SLKPUE
jsoledout is the best Jill I've ever played/seen. I hate Jill because of him.

Dahbomb

I don't know if this can be done in the system but have it so she can only call an assist once during super jump float without impacting her Float game.

Something like this:

"Storm can now call assists during a super jump Float but she can't call an assist again until she touches the ground".

Effectively what we have now but not impacting her Float game.

Frantic, Dahbomb and I both support removing the level 3 buster nerf, so it's gone. Please vote on the new Zero.

I don't know if this can be done in the system but have it so she can only call an assist once during super jump float without impacting her Float game.
How did it work in Vanilla? Maybe we should just say:
+Float now returned to its Vanilla state (superjump into assist call is now possible once more).

Frantic

Frantic, Dahbomb and I both support removing the level 3 buster nerf, so it's gone. Please vote on the new Zero.
I vote yes, then.

How did it work in Vanilla? Maybe we should just say:
+Float now returned to its Vanilla state (superjump into assist call is now possible once more).
The way it was in vanilla, as far as I know, was that activating Float reset the jump state so she could call assists. It was basically like how getting hit/blocking after a super jump lets you call assists, since it resets the jump state.

The change you listed should work fine, in that case. What of Rocket Raccoon's float?

I vote yes, then.

The way it was in vanilla, as far as I know, was that activating Float reset the jump state so she could call assists. It was basically like how getting hit/blocking after a super jump lets you call assists, since it resets the jump state.

The change you listed should work fine, in that case. What of Rocket Raccoon's float?
I don't think RR should get this. RR has lots of tools Storm does not have; they've very different characters with one similar tool. We gave him some crazy good stuff.

Dahbomb

She could basically call assists however many times she wanted by keet going in and out of Float in the air. There were even strats with Storm where people just Floated and called Dark Harmonizer to build up to 5 bars for Phoenix.

A Strider change I would like to make: his animal calls should not be negated by any normal attack. This makes them close to pointless outside of oki situations.

She could basically call assists however many times she wanted by keet going in and out of Float in the air. There were even strats with Storm where people just Floated and called Dark Harmonizer to build up to 5 bars for Phoenix.
I really want to emphasize that that strategy is shit. I have tried it.

Frantic

Seeing Apologyman doing Reverb Shock > Devil Trigger > fly j.M was one of those 'nicholsonnod.gif' moments from me. I've been doing that quite a bit lately, and it's pretty good(outside of execution mistakes where I end up dropping it. :/)

A Strider change I would like to make: his animal calls should not be negated by any normal attack. This makes them close to pointless outside of oki situations.
I could get behind that, although there are sometimes where the negation effect is kinda useful. They can't chain into another normal, meaning you can often times get a free punish. Rarely happens, but it's there.

Also wouldn't mind all three of his Formations being cancelable with Formation B(Shot), but it's not necessary. Would just help when I flub my backwards wave dashes, haha.

Dahbomb

It's super cheesy though and with better assists to use at super jump height she would exploit the ability more. Like Float around call Jam Session, push back opponent, repeat. Or something like Haggar, there is no way a Wolverine is going to try to challenge that.

Of course if you are just Floating around and spamming the Morrigan assist like crazy it will get punished eventually but with proper use of flight, air dashes you can stay slippery and keep calling the assist while extending your flight time.

Hell even being to call an assist once during super jump height is pretty big in this game. Would give you an instant advantage over another character who is at super jump height.

Top Bottom