• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End |OT| You're gonna miss this ass

Yup, totally crazy not to back up. I was so excited to get that glitch, j totally jumped into it. Will try making a new game.

All I know is that I had to do it a couple times to get the chapter select to work. Though, I still had my original save. But, you never know. Good luck and let me/us know. I'm glad there's a glitch though. I'll do crushing any day of the week, but speed runs can fuck off, lol.

All I know is that I had to do it a couple times to get the chapter select to work. Though, I still had my original save. But, you never know. Good luck and let me/us know. I'm glad there's a glitch though. I'll do crushing any day of the week, but speed runs can fuck off, lol.

Did you play through the prologue, or just dump back into the menu to check if chapter selection was back?

Did you play through the prologue, or just dump back into the menu to check if chapter selection was back?

I played the prologue. Saved in chapter 1 once you take control of
mini nate.

Edit: sorry, didn't save. Let it finish auto-saving, then quit to main menu.

alexbull_uk

Just done the speedrun and accuracy trophies via the exploit.

Don't feel guilty either. Don't like speedrunning and 70% accuracy for a bronze trophy is insane.

SaganIsGOAT

I think one of the silliest things in the game was the amount of times you lifted up objects that clearly had enough space to easily crawl under or over.

SpecX

So I completed the game earlier today and I give it a solid 9/10. I kept myself in the dark with trailers and news about the game with the exception of the reveal, so the story had me engaged the entire way and everything came as a surprise.

For some reason I did enjoy Uncharted 2 more than this one, but this is no way a bad game or disappointment. Some segments went by a little too slow and most of the battles were too easy even on moderate. I feel I should have went through on hard the first time.

The chase scenes had my heart rushing and my daughter was watching a few times and was hooked to see all the action going on. I'm ready to go through this again which is rare for me nowadays and knock out some of the trophies.

Just tried four times on different difficulties, no luck. Tired of playing that prologue now. Ah well, my fault for not backing up.

Don't play through the prologue, there's no need. Not unless you're going for the trophy. Just quit right away as soon as the prologue auto saves to see if you got you can get your chapters back. If you do, then keep that save safe and separate. Sorry, I should have made that clear in my previous post. If you just want your chapters back, definitely don't waste your time playing the prologue.

Don't play through the prologue, there's no need. Not unless you're going for the trophy. Just quit right away as soon as the prologue auto saves to see if you got you can get your chapters back. If you do, then keep that save safe and separate. Sorry, I should have made that clear in my previous post. If you just want your chapters back, definitely don't waste your time playing the prologue.

Fair enough, but after four tries, I just don't see them magically coming back. Unless, this is a glitch as well.

I-hate-u

I feel like I have been a bit of a negative Nancy in the Uncharted threads. While I wish there were more combat encounters (which is a testament to how much I love the feel of the gunplay and movement), this is a fantastic adventure game.

ND is unrivaled in their story telling, art, writing, graphics, pacing, set pieces, banter, fan service etc etc. No one does characters that I feel invested in better than this team. Just from the little details like voice tone and subtle face expressions you could tell so much about these characters. It is a fantastic ending to beloved series that I hope is kept dormant for a decade or so. I feel ND put everything and the kitchen sink in this one, and it's clear to me they have done everything they could with this franchise.

Sony, the ending is just perfect. please don't try to sour it by another forced game by someone else.

I beat the game today and I absolutely loved it! The combat, the character development, the mystery of
what happened to Libertalia
-- all of it had me so immersed. I loved piecing everything together along with Nate by finding letters and journal entries. I also feel that the
car chase sequence
is the best set piece in the entire series.

The whole thing was an emotional ride for me, and it had a lot of very emotional moments between the characters. I also loved
Elena and Drake adventuring together during the later chapters. Their banter and the moments they had together were great.

Perfect ending for the series. I'd still rate UC2 slightly higher than this game, but it's definitely my second favorite in the series.

If they ever make another UC game, I'd love to see a prequel with young Sully as the protagonist mentoring Nate. I know they probably won't (at least not for a while, which I'm fine with) but I just love these characters and I feel there are still some interesting stories they could tell with them. I'm definitely going to miss them all :/

Krakin

Guys, I just finished the game. My God, what an adventure! This is the most Uncharted game of the bunch. I loved the experience to bits. The scale, the refined story telling and amazing combat encounters that left me sweating. I really felt like a globe trotting treasure hunter with a ton on the line. The ending? Absolutely fantastic! ND have outdone themselves here, a truly worthy end to the series.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Just finished have so much to say. I'm pretty split on the whole thing to be honest, overall i give this probably a 9.5 maybe a 10. Again so much to say.

Griss

Just had a 4 hour session, it flew by. Played through Chapters
-

I must say, I thought the graphics were impressive, but not 'insane' up until now. The game has lovely IQ, the facial capture is amazing, but some other stuff was... eh. The water effects, in particular, are rough throughout the game. But having played through the past two / three chapters, well... I see it. The visuals are simply insane. It's amazing how almost every chapter looks visually more impressive than the last. They must have planned that out, and it's really cool. The visuals are honestly worth the 60 euro asking fee alone.

But on the negative side, the story is really dragging for me now. I just hate where they've taken this story, and the big (late game spoilers, don't click)
reveal with Sam was apparent to me from the moment I played that breakout chapter (5, I think). The second I took over as Sam I thought 'unreliable narrator alert' and so it proved. Which means I've spent the last couple of chapters as an unexcited Nate sniping back and forth with an asshole, and then with a repentant Nate tagging along with a sad, weary Elena. That's not what I want from an Uncharted game. I want light-hearted, fun discovery. This is altogether too fucking touchy-feely for me. I feel like I can't enjoy these discoveries because fucking Nate's not enjoying them. I have no idea why they took this route, this isn't TLOU. And as beautiful as they've made Libertalia, it's just not as cool as Shambala or Iram, either. There's not that sense of spiritual wonder to it, and the story of these asshole pirate captains is not particularly interesting in the same way the story of a tree of life or magic fountain is.
Argh, anyway. I'll beat it tomorrow and we'll see where we stand.

Zocano

Just replayed (most) of Uncharted 2. Man that game moooooves. It's really telling how slow U3/4 are in comparison pacing-wise.

as far as the ending goes,
why was naughty dog saying it was gonna be divisive/controversial among the fans? as far as I could tell it was pretty conclusive, and had a whole "happily ever after" vibe to it, which is straight forward. what about is so "divisive"?

delume

At Chapter 15 and never want this game to end. I am connected to these characters like I was in TLoU. Should I expect the same high level of story telling if I picked up the ND Collection after this?

DKHF

I'm up to chapter 18 (almost chapter 19), I think I'll be able to finish it soon (though I'm guessing the next few chapters are long for the most part aside from one of the last two).

Kalentan

why was naughty dog saying it was gonna be divisive/controversial among the fans? as far as I could tell it was pretty conclusive, and had a whole "happily ever after" vibe to it, which is straight forward. what about is so "divisive"?

If I had to guess:

Probably cause some would be angry at it being too "happy" and wanting someone to die. Namely, a main character.

dr_rus

9.5/10

First half is amazing, first part of second half is still amazing. Does kind of drag towards the end.

Felt the other way around. The first part was dragging (ugh, that disjointed beginning consisting of four - I think? - different prologues basically), 2nd part starting with Scotland was getting pretty good and the last 3rd or so after the King's Bay was amazing from the flow perspective.

If I had to guess:

Probably cause some would be angry at it being too "happy" and wanting someone to die. Namely, a main character.

i guess i could understand that, but i was expecting something more along the lines of one of the main characters making a decision that pretty much determined the course of the concluding events. nothing like that really happened, i don't think. or even something like joel killing the doctor in tlou without giving the player a choice to spare him.

Falchion

Just finished, best game I've ever played. My only complaint is
that Chloe isn't in it at all but I can understand given how important the relationship between Elena and Nate is throughout the game.

Which encounter? Should I manually save?

Yes, manually save during the encounter (any encounter) just so you have something to shoot. Once you've got 70% or over, save and quit to the menu. But if you're going to play it until the end then there's no point in saving. I'm not sure exactly which encounter is the last one so I can't help you there. I think it's in
chapter 20 though , I think 21 is when you escape from the truck and meet sully, then 22 is the end boss.

EL CUCO

Finished first playthrough. I can finally browse this thread :D played it like I would eat a CAB filet mignon as recommended. Clocked in at about 18hrs. Loved it. Time to beat it again on Crushing

silva1991

Probably because it almost leaves no room for a sequel? I'm sure many people won't be happy about no UC5 in the future.

Kule

Just finished my crushing run and
rafe was not fun.. Eventually I got a flow for his moves but I still think they should have telegraphed him better.
As for anyone wanting to do the speedrun glitch just make sure you only have your main save then start a new game on the same difficulty in a new save slot and carry your data forward. Just drive the boat for 5 seconds then exit to the title screen and select epilogue from chapter select. When it asks you to choose a save press circle and continue without saving. Trophy pops at the start of the credits.

This is the silliest thing I have heard and even if it true doesn't justify it. Uncharted 4 does have loading. It's just lazy game design. Not only is this silly, the carts feel so out of place in Uncharted which never even had them before. How did the other games manage to get around this "technical reason"? I'll be honest I'd rather have loading screens than to push another cart or dumpster around in a Naughty Dog game. Leave the crates in Crash Bandicoot, please.
Other ND games do have this. In Last of Us I remember early on there's a sequence where you push a dumpster over a wall to climb up to a building, and then there's a forced walking segment as you approach the cutscene. This is all done to mask the loading that can afford you to skip the cutscene.

They have done it better though as well. There's the segment where Joel and Bill are pushing the car down the road to get it going. Since the player is moving pretty slow and can't move very far, the game can load the entirely different area and instantly get you to Pittsburgh without any texture pop in or what not, yet they still managed to keep the sequence interesting.

MrJTeera

I'm still shocked at the number of ppl who finished the game and don't know
what drakes real last name is...
yet still loved everything about it lol.

I feel like this reveal is not that significant since, like what U3 said, it's not the name but what you do that defines who you are.

Timeaisis

I wouldn't call the combat bad, but I do agree with the sentiment that the "O" button is vastly overutiled. Wasn't as much of a problem in previous games due to the level design, but here it becomes very annoying.

Guys, I'm literally playing this game for photography right now. Every 5 seconds I take a new screenshot. This game is absolutely gorgeous. The setpiece from E3 is not only a blast to play, but it's ripe for action movie type shots. I love this game.

Animator

First of all there is no game that looks better than this. The art design is out of this world and there is not an inch of the world that is not meticulously crafted. I took 1400+ screenshots so far and I am only in chapter 13.

That said I agree with that guy who said encounter design is shit. Combat is atrocious in this game, every encounter is boring and I am looking forward to the next exploration section as soon as combat starts. One notable exception is the car chase sequence they shown at E3. It is so fluidly done you don't mind the one note combat.

I am so glad the game is more exploration than combat so far.

Jobbs

Banned
ive played to chapter 11 now and in my view the game is a "looking at nice graphics" simulator, with nearly every other aspect of the game being dire. Shallow gameplay, boring story, uninteresting characters.

I am going to make good on my commitment to at least finish chapter 12 and then I'm free (unless it suddenly gets good, I guess)

Man I'm close to the end, maybe one or two chapters left. I played so much today and the smart thing would have been to finish it while in the groove... But I needed this experience to last one more day. So I stopped. It took everything I had man, I just don't want it over with.

SaganIsGOAT

Naughty Dog attempted (and id say it kinda works) to subtly create concepts in your head in regards to enemies you'll likely have to kill. Concepts that maybe already having you kill these people in your mind. To lesser them in your mind they're refered to as goons, and the most prominent title; Shoreline. When you reduce your enemies to what sounds like a business name it kinda throws them away in your mind as people. Maybe I'm just really blazed who knows but I like their efforts to ease the feeling of being a terminator.

Indiana Jones style adventure crossed with Goonies is a boring story?

I totally yelled out Hey you guuuuys!!! when rope swinging during
one the last encounters over the sunken ships.

ive played to chapter 11 now and in my view the game is a "looking at nice graphics" simulator, with nearly every other aspect of the game being dire. Shallow gameplay, boring story, uninteresting characters.

I am going to make good on my commitment to at least finish chapter 12 and then I'm free (unless it suddenly gets good, I guess)

I'd say it doesn't really pick up
until then and for the most part is pretty well paced until the end.

Jay Seven

Banned

I've been absolutely shocked at how much I hate this game given how much I loved the prior titles. After the beta I knew the multiplayer was a letdown, but I was expecting to love the single player but I just don't. I find I'm watching more than playing.

Top Bottom