• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob305

Is there anything anyone wants to see from the game? Any specific menu entries or whatever? I'm not under any NDA so I can answer all questions

Vire

Good news for my MiamiGAF people! I just spoke to the guy who sold me the game today and he just got a couple of more copies hes selling for $90. If anyone is interested shoot me a message and I'll hook you up with his number. He's located in Hialeah

Damn, I'm tempted. About 45 minutes out, but I think I'll wait for the digital version...

Rather give the money to ND than some sleezeball anyway.

Horohoro

Any Memphis people know of a place that broke the date?

Being that memphis is a hub im always surprised this doesn't happen often tbh... but if it does I can't find where...

:( I paid a lot then.

Oh well, at least I get the game this week...

It's all good man, I did the same. Well I picked up the deluxe edition thinking co-op would be there at launch and the DLC would be half decent. You're getting the game earlier, I'd much rather than than paying extra for the worst DLC I've come across for $20. :(

BUT, I feel quite excited knowing this game will be on my harddrive ready to play whenever I want because eventually co-op will be patched in and know I'll have a great time.

I still need to play UC2 and UC3 for the first time. I want to platinum them too. I'm not gonna make it.
You're not gonna make it lol...but you can definitely beat each one on the hard difficulty and look for treasures along they way, probably hit the 50-60% mark. Then it will be easier to come back and plat each. If you don't start them and just go into uc4, it'll be a chore to play probably with all the gameplay enhancements

Gurish

I still need to play UC2 and UC3 for the first time. I want to platinum them too. I'm not gonna make it.

Just play them once, why do you have to plat them? of course it will be impossible.

I think U2 will still be fun after 4 in its own way (more of a non stop roller coaster ride as opposed to the more exploration focused U4) so you might plat it later.

Just picked up the Uncharted Collection, to refresh my memory before UC4. I played 2&3 on PS3, but never played 1. I heard it has some frustrating elements so should I just play through it on easy, or are the complaints mostly overblown?

If you are competent at shooters, you are not going to have any problem. It's not like it's harder than the other games in the series. It's just not nearly as good. Normal is a cakewalk as always IMO. Hard is somewhat challenging, and Crushing is a real challenge.

My prediction is you'll have fun on Normal or Hard. It's a much more limited game, with basically a courtyard cover fight/climb ledges/courtyard fight/climb ledges/courtyard fight/... structure; but within that framework it is pretty fun.

It's not like Mass Effect on 360 or something, where each time you get into a battle you start wondering how the fuck a game with such janky combat could get 90+ scores only a few short years ago.

Plus 60fps and 1080p + AA really helps the game age gracefully. The original was beautiful for the time, but it did have very noticeable tearing and rather intense shimmering due to aliasing (for example, looking for the glimmer of a treasure was actually impeded by shimmering leaves in the jungle!).

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yep I got one of them... Should arrive Thursday...
Nice. I almost bit on it earlier but decided that wasn't that much earlier for me to justify spending that much more. I'll just wait and still be jealous of everyone getting it early. I still need to back up all my saves since I'm getting the console bundle.

Nope. In fact, first Im gonna do when I get my copy tomorrow is play multiplayer, if it's up by then.

Be careful, some goon who's already beaten the game could spoil it over chat or something. I'm not touching MP until I beat the game.

I'm pretty sure the devs are playing multiplayer as we speak. Several of them on my friends list were playing the retail copies just now.

Nice stealth brag.

I'm a little amazed that people are willing to pay more just to have it a few days early.

The markup is not that much and it'll be so nice to have single-player all done and wrapped up so come launch I can dive straight into MP and start dominating from Day 1.

Damn, I'm tempted. About 45 minutes out, but I think I'll wait for the digital version...

Rather give the money to ND than some sleezeball anyway.

They got a sale already from the guy who bought the copy.

You can, but you can't screw around. Not sure how much free time you have, but you'll need about 20-22 hours for each game. Add about 2 more (total) if you're playing the remastered versions.

Nice. I almost bit on it earlier but decided that wasn't that much earlier for me to justify spending that much more. I'll just wait and still be jealous of everyone getting it early. I still need to back up all my saves since I'm getting the console bundle.

He's overnight shipping today. We'll get it tomorrow. EBAY lists it as arriving Thursday due to handling time and stuff, but it'll be here tomorrow. Confirmed with seller.

You're not gonna make it lol...but you can definitely beat each one on the hard difficulty and look for treasures along they way, probably hit the 50-60% mark. Then it will be easier to come back and plat each. If you don't start them and just go into uc4, it'll be a chore to play probably with all the gameplay enhancements
Thanks. :(

Just play them once, why do you have to plat them? of course it will be impossible.

I think U2 will still be fun after 4 in its own way (more of a non stop roller coaster ride as opposed to the more exploration focused U4) so you might plat it later.
I'm a platinum hunter. I try to platinum any game I at least somewhat enjoy and the requirements are feasible for me.

You can, but you can't screw around. Not sure how much free time you have, but you'll need about 20-22 hours for each game. Add about 2 more (total) if you're playing the remastered versions.
School has been kicking my ass. That is why I haven't been able to play like I want to. I just finished this semester so I have extra time on my hands.

Thanks for the advice. :(

Lacix

Is it possible to play as other character in single player?
(e.g as Nadine Ross? was possible in previous games)

Will be the character in cut-scenes also the character I choose to play? Would be funny.
(I was not 100% sure that the cut-scenes are real time but I've seen a picture about the Madagascar cut-scene with an other filter. So good.)

Just use PS+.

School has been kicking my ass. That is why I haven't been able to play like I want to. I just finished this semester so I have extra time on my hands.

Thanks for the advice. :(

Why the frowny face lol? If you have a week off until UC4 you will definitely be able to plat both. I got 100% (including DLC trophies) in all three remastered versions in 10 days. So if you are just going for the plat and just for two games, it's a wrap, whether you're playing the original or remastered versions.

He's overnight shipping today. We'll get it tomorrow. EBAY lists it as arriving Thursday due to handling time and stuff, but it'll be here tomorrow. Confirmed with seller.

Yea, I'm trying not to get too excited. But it's hard. Just waiting on him to give me a tracking number and I'll be in full blown hype mode!

Muffdraul

I still don't understand why almost everyone at ND was beardless back then and now it's the complete opposite. :p

Probably just an age thing. When I was a young man I thought beards were gross and never had one. But ever since I hit around 35 or so, I feel like if I shave off my beard I won't be able to breathe.

Just use PS+.

Why the frowny face lol? If you have a week off until UC4 you will definitely be able to plat both. I got 100% (including DLC trophies) in all three remastered versions in 10 days. So if you are just going for the plat and just for two games, it's a wrap, whether you're playing the original or remastered versions.
Yeah the plats really aren't that difficult. Just beat on Crushing, then cleanup by using chapter select and setting the difficulty to easy. Took me about 4 days for each game.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
ilJhEcx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom