• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

PowderedToast

I actually feel like they busted drake's jumping animations in the sequels. They were a lot more modest and appropriate in the first, wonder why they binned them

level1

Well, just finished Drake's Fortune for the first time and it's.. ok. There are some brilliant moments, such as the traversal puzzle towards the end, but the way it keeps on throwing mobs at you every couple of steps you take just becomes really tiresome, especially since the shooting itself is pretty mediocre. Set pieces also don't hold up too well, although I can see how they might have been impressive back then. Anyway, looking forward to Among Thieves since I hear it's just a much better game in general.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Well, just finished Drake's Fortune for the first time and it's.. ok. There are some brilliant moments, such as the traversal puzzle towards the end, but the way it keeps on throwing mobs at you every couple of steps you take just becomes really tiresome, especially since the shooting itself is pretty mediocre. Set pieces also don't hold up too well, although I can see how they might have been impressive back then. Anyway, looking forward to Among Thieves since I hear it's just a much better game in general.

Like Assassin's Creed 2 and Mass Effect 2, you need to play the first game to truly appreciate the upgrade Uncharted 2 gave over the original.

There is a difference between audio output and active channels, you could have it playing through a million speakers but playing mono through a million speakers isn't any less "mono" that it was through a single speaker.
I don't know why you have to keep repeating this like I'm tech illiterate or something. I know how surround sound works.

I just said that my PS4 is stuck at 5.1 LPCM (there's no option to change it to 7.1), unlike my PS3 which supports 7.1 LPCM with its multitude of settings. Hence, for me, the audio experience is slightly subpar compared to the PS3 version.

Orca

Man this is a totally different thread when I'm at work...

21885809899_a64c19485e.jpg

Cheska

Ok, so I never beat the 1st and I haven't played the 3rd. Should I play these in order? Or jump straight to 3?

Nope, absolutely play in order. I think it makes things in the later game even more special. Plus, you really get to appreciate seeing how much the games have improved with each iteration.

TyrantII

Anyone have any idea why the game is is defaulting to 2.0 stereo mix with my Astro A50's?

It's not giving me a 5.1 or 7.1 mix option...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I decided to get this over the new AC game coming out in a couple weeks. Hope I made the right choice.

Well obviously, unless you like buggy, low frame rate open world games.

I don't know what to get...this or MGS V
Help ):

Why not both?

Dammit, I didn't know you could play Crushing and not have to worry about Brutal for the platinum, I would have done Crushing :(

I just beat Uncharted 1. I know it's a mixed bag for some people but I love it. Game is great minus the church level and the last level, screw both of those.

Hmm, hunt for treasures or go for Uncharted 2!?

Elitist1945

Playing Drake's Fortune as I speak. Always was my favorite Uncharted. Has such a great atmosphere, and has the best music in the game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I played through the first games on PS3 and enjoyed them, but returning to Uncharted via the remaster demo I'm now finding I dislike the gunplay.

There's no feeling of impact to the weapons, which feel like spitball shooters. I hope gunplay is improved in Uncharted 4.

teokrazia

The part in the demo aged very bad, in my opinion.
All the previous Nepal areas, instead, are still amazing
Played at Crushing and had alot fun: great arenas, great mix of stealth, vertical gameplay, flanking and great assortment of enemies.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I decided to get this over the new AC game coming out in a couple weeks. Hope I made the right choice.

There's always the holiday sale. I swear almost every single AC goes on sale on Black Friday. I also have to wonder what this year's sales are gonna be like. Lots to pick and choose from.

Plus you have 3 great games before the jaw dropping conclusion comes out in early 2016. Plus you don't have to fight the confusion of, "is this parkour or wall climbing?".

Revven

I played through the first games on PS3 and enjoyed them, but returning to Uncharted via the remaster demo I'm now finding I dislike the gunplay.

There's no feeling of impact to the weapons, which feel like spitball shooters. I hope gunplay is improved in Uncharted 4.

The demo is not a good representation of the gunplay at all.

I feel like I'll be returning to these games sooner rather than later after I beat them. The new additions are really making these experiences more enjoyable.

Just started U2. Pretty cool how playing as NPCs (lol) uses their soundbites during gameplay. So if you throw a grenade, Best Girl Chloe will make her own personal quip instead of drakes.

And there are far more ingame cutscenes in U2 so far, meaning Girlcharted 2: Revenge of Flynn is far more involved.

Dommel

Watching my gf play through Drake's Fortune, game looks nice.

She's loving it so far but I hope she doesn't get bored and still wants to play the superior sequel.

JP

I don't know why you have to keep repeating this like I'm tech illiterate or something. I know how surround sound works.

I just said that my PS4 is stuck at 5.1 LPCM (there's no option to change it to 7.1), unlike my PS3 which supports 7.1 LPCM with its multitude of settings. Hence, for me, the audio experience is slightly subpar compared to the PS3 version.
In what way is that relevant to what you correct me saying?

I said this...
The music in the collection is in a new 5.1 mix, it's a far fuller sound than it was originally.

You quoted me and said this...
All PS3 games support 7.1 LPCM. 5.1 sounds like a downgrade if it's true...
The reason I keep saying it because you keep quoting me and saying something that has nothing to do with my original post. I'm not understanding why you think your audio setup affects how the new 5.1 mix has improved the audio for me on the PS4 version?

What you're saying just doesn't have any baring on what any of my posts are talking about, there isn't a single post that you've made which reflects what each of my posts are saying. Even the first time you quote me, which was my response to somebody else's post, your response has nothing to do with what I've said.

I'm not suggesting that you're illiterate but I genuinelly don't understand why you keep quoting me and then talk something that is nothing to do what you've quoted.

Even the day one patch motes mention the 7.1 mix.

Having said that, I still haven't tried the 7.1 mix so still can't comment on whether the new 7.1 has improved the experience for me...because I haven't tried it.

I don't know why think you not being able to use the 7.1 mix has any bearing on my enjoyment of how it sounds in 5.1? Also, I just don't any interest on your listening experience. If you really feel the need to discuss the 7.1 mix and the fact that you are having difficulties using it then you're far better off discussing it with people who are in a position to discuss that with you rather than with somebody who knows nothing about it at the moment.

I'm not the person to talk to, as I keep telling you.

Revven

I feel like I'll be returning to these games sooner rather than later after I beat them. The new additions are really making these experiences more enjoyable.

Just started U2. Pretty cool how playing as NPCs (lol) uses their soundbites during gameplay. So if you throw a grenade, Best Girl Chloe will make her own personal quip instead of drakes.

Holy shit, that's ace! I don't think that was the case in the original release, they must have decided to use the multiplayer voice clips for them. That on top of the non-Drake skins getting wet when touching water just makes using other skins more worthwhile than before.

I can't say it's the same case for UC1, though. I've been using Navarro and I haven't heard any of his voice clips from UC2 (or was he only in 3?) MP, for example. But once I start using, say, Sully we'll have better confirmation for UC1.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Played the first two chapters of Uncharted 1 and blown away how good this looks, nearly on par with 2 now. Like, I know they updated Drake's model to match the later games but I was not expecting the textures to be so sharp. It even looks like they possibly added foliage and bumped up polygon count in parts?

Does anyone know if enabling a costume disables trophies? I'm pretty sure it was like that in the Ps3 version. It doesnt warn you so I dunno...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished uncharted - wow you shoot more people than I remember :p

Quick question on how the game is structured - if I go to chapter mode I can see how many items I've missed in each chapter - nice. But if you select a chapter it says it won't record progression. So does that mean I can't go into individual chapters to look for treasure? If so, what's the point of telling me how many I'm missing? If I need to do that on a full playthroughs I guess I could just do it on explorer difficulty.

Likewise with the skins - can't seem to enable them from the main menu, nor from the pause menu in game (via chapter select). So what can you enable them? Only in campaign?

basically - what's the best way to mop up trophies?

Revven

Just finished uncharted - wow you shoot more people than I remember :p

Quick question on how the game is structured - if I go to chapter mode I can see how many items I've missed in each chapter - nice. But if you select a chapter it says it won't record progression. So does that mean I can't go into individual chapters to look for treasure? If so, what's the point of telling me how many I'm missing? If I need to do that on a full playthroughs I guess I could just do it on explorer difficulty.

Likewise with the skins - can't seem to enable them from the main menu, nor from the pause menu in game (via chapter select). So what can you enable them? Only in campaign?

basically - what's the best way to mop up trophies?

On skins: You have to wait until the game is done saving so when you start a chapter, you just have to wait until you're in-game, go to the pause menu, go to bonuses and they should be able to be enabled or turned on.

On treasures: iirc you should be able to get treasures via chapters but I don't remember for sure.

Holy shit, that's ace! I don't think that was the case in the original release, they must have decided to use the multiplayer voice clips for them. That on top of the non-Drake skins getting wet when touching water just makes using other skins more worthwhile than before.

I can't say it's the same case for UC1, though. I've been using Navarro and I haven't heard any of his voice clips from UC2 (or was he only in 3?) MP, for example. But once I start using, say, Sully we'll have better confirmation for UC1.

Yeah it was really neat of them to put it in the game! Ah, I think it's only for U2 and U3, since I haven't heard them speak at all as any characters in U1. Still a nice feature.

Top Bottom