• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Welp, looks like Tyene Sand's actress is going to be added to the memory banks of beautiful women on this show.

I really liked the episode. I knew they'd have Stannis be slowed by the snow. Maybe with the fact the Stormcrows have run off, this will be the catalyst for Ser Davos going to White Harbor for his quest. I hate Melisandre wanting to sacrifice Shireen. Maybe he'll exile her back to Castle Black which is where she'll be to warn/revive Jon. Looks like I was wrong about the Northern woman who was warning Sansa. Wonder what the plan is by introducing Jorah and Tyrion to Dany so early? Will they take the place of Barristan once she rides off with Drogon?

Pretty good episode, some thoughts:

++++ Tyene Sand

+ KL stuff was great. They made the High Sparrow's intentions very apparent and it finally explained why it took so long to get Cersei arrested. "So what happens when they confess" 10/10 foreshadowing

+ I had a huge grin on my face when Tyrion went up and introduced himself. I'm incredibly excited to see the future Tyrio/Jorah/Dany scenes, even though Dany still sucks.

+ Littlefinger scheming hardcore, is the boy that he mentioned Rickon?

+ Jaime working with Dorne is basically a given now, I'm very interested to see where that goes.

+ Thank God Bronn lives. Until he gets Hotah'd later.

+ Stannis is amazing. Please let him do something amazing before he gets killed D&D ;_;

+/- Sam/Gilly was... something. There's no way they'll be there when Jon gets got.

- Theon redemption arc is fucked. He's supposed to be getting better you bastards, not getting some old woman flayed alive. At least when he finally does something it will be of his own accord...

Duxxy3

Solid episode. Starting to wonder if daenerys will end up on drogon at all. Tyrion and Jorah got there pretty damn quick. Ser Barristan is gone.

Also...

I'll be in my bunk

dsp

Tyene...

aonDFWH.gif

Loved this episode. I bitch a lot about the changes the show makes but fast forwarding Tyrion get to Dany quicker is one I'm behind 100%. That's one change that's absolutely necessary for the show.

Littlefinger knows about Rickon, but he doesnt know that Ramsay is monster ? that wouldnt really make sense, D&D can show some rape scenes with Osha tho, so maybe they go with that.

Didn't he mention he had some extremely important information about a boy? Or something like that? I have no idea lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Loved this episode. I bitch a lot about the changes the show makes but fast forwarding Tyrion get to Dany quicker is one I'm behind 100%. That's one change that's absolutely necessary for the show.

Seriously. I was already tired of the slave antics and it hadn't even properly begun.

cj_iwakura

The Sand Snakes are obviously better manipulators than fighters.

Oh, and the High Sparrow is stealing the show from everyone. Give that man the Emmy. He even put Olenna down a dozen notches.

And Dornishman's wife, YESSSSSS. That was SO GOOD.

LordCanti

Didn't he mention he had some extremely important information about a boy? Or something like that? I have no idea lol

I think the "boy" was the guy that informed on Loras having slept with men. Littlefinger couldn't turn Cersei down when she asked.

My only complaint of Cersei being arrested is if Lancel told you 5 or 6 episodes ago, why the fuck did you wait until now to arrest her.

The faith didn't have arms and the authority from the Queen to arrest people five episodes ago. If they did (I can't actually remember when the Sparrows took over), it takes time to arm people.

Massa

Littlefinger knows about Rickon, but he doesnt know that Ramsay is monster ? that wouldnt really make sense, D&D can show some rape scenes with Osha tho, so maybe they go with that.

Rickon is a lot more important than a bastard, but there's no way that's what they were talking about.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

I figured he was talking about Lancel. But then, wouldn't the Sparrow already know about that.

Maybe he meant ole row boat boy. Any Day now, that ship will come in.

Neifirst

+ Littlefinger scheming hardcore, is the boy that he mentioned Rickon?

+ Stannis is amazing. Please let him do something amazing before he gets killed D&D ;_;
I don't think it can be Rickon - how would Littlefinger know that he's alive? I assumed he was referring to Lancel. Agreed on Stannis, but I think he's safe for the rest of this season at least. White Harbor was mentioned in the episode, so they'll get Davos on his way there somehow, probably smuggling out Shireen to keep her away from Selyse and Mel.

Duxxy3

The Sand Snakes are obviously better manipulators than fighters.

Oh, and the High Sparrow is stealing the show from everyone. Give that man the Emmy. He even put Olenna down a dozen notches.

And Dornishman's wife, YESSSSSS. That was SO GOOD.

Jonathan Pryce has been fan-goddamn-tastic.

I think the "boy" was the guy that informed on Loras having slept with men. Littlefinger couldn't turn Cersei down when she asked.

The faith didn't have arms and the authority from the Queen to arrest people five episodes ago. Well, the faith did, but there was another High Septon that was loyal to the crown.

The High Sparrow has been that, the high sparrow for what feels like a while, for a lot of this season, hasn't he? At least the last 4 episodes?

Also, Jamie getting trashed by his own daughter :lol

Also, I liked reading the reaction from the non book readers about Cersei finally getting hers.

Wait, did SHE pick up something? I thought Ramsay grabbed a corkscrew or something?

I thought I saw her pick something up too.

I thought the High Sparrow was pretty much all like "fuck the nobility." With Cersei he was able to take down the Tyrells, so now he can go after her.

Madness

I also assumed he meant Lancel. Remember, Lancel became a faith militant, but there's hundreds to thousands of them now. The High Sparrow didn't know them all personally. And Lady Olena and the Tyrells sure as shit didn't know Cersei fucked Lancel.

Lancel had already confessed and was considered absolved of his sins. Cersei wasn't. And so Olena brought Lancel, his story to the High Sparrow and here we are.

Massa

Btw, glad they solved that season 3 complaint and clarified that Sam did go back to pick up his dragonglass dagger.

Tyrion still hasn't met Dany as of the end of ADWD, so I guess that's a spoiler lol.

They are playing up Daario's amoral cuntish nature quite a bit. "All rulers are butchers or meat." Dany doesn't even bat an eyelash when he says this, or when he asks her flat out to marry him. If he's not Euron in the novels, I bet D&D are making him Euron in the show.

And yeah, with Lancel in the inner circle of self-flagellating fanatics, there is little chance the High Septon didn't know from the jump what she had done. They've made a point of replaying all of Lancel's scenes in the previews this season, and they had the scene where Lancel tells Cersei "confession is good for the soul", they wanted the audience to be like "hey wait a minute...".

He just let her twist in the wind, cow the King, and deliver the Tyrells to his doorstep before he closed the trap.

Solid episode.

Night's Watch and Winterfell scenes were good ("it wasn't rape", eh?). It wasn't clear though if Theon went to the tower to light the candle and was surprised to see Ramsay there or if he was going to told him anyway.

Well, Tyene at least looked like a decent Sand Snake now. The other two, however, are still looking like some random extras

Finally jailed Cersei.

Tyrion meeting Dany will be the first major spoiler.

And wtf was Littlefinger talking about with Olenna?

someday

Banned
This thread is once again proving who the target audience for the show really are! :)
More like the target audience for neogaf. I thought the scene with the Sand Snakes was ridiculous. They're either stony fighters or sexy temptresses. Nothing much in between yet.

I'm glad Cercei is finally jailed. I did not need to see Sam and Gilly get it on, especially after the attempted rape scene. Thank god Jon left Ghost behind, though I don't understand why he would do that. Ghost has been helpful with the white walkers.

So much for Sansa's rape finally snapping Theon out of it. I think I really need some actual good stuff to start happening to the good guys again because this episode seemed awfully depressing to me.

Crashdown

Neo Member
I really didn't expect the Cersei storyline to advance that much in this episode, and I certainly didn't expect the Jorah/Tyrion story to vault past the books with three episodes left in the season. Brave new world, people.

Solid episode.

Night's Watch and Winterfell scenes were good ("it wasn't rape", eh?). It wasn't clear though if Theon went to the tower to light the candle and was surprised to see Ramsay there or he was going to told him anyway.

Well, Tyene at least looked like a decent Sand Snake now. The other two, however, are still looking like some random extras

Finally jailed Cersei.

Reek sold her out. Why else would he flay Gramsay Bolton?

cj_iwakura

Solid episode.

Night's Watch and Winterfell scenes were good ("it wasn't rape", eh?). It wasn't clear though if Theon went to the tower to light the candle and was surprised to see Ramsay there or if he was going to told him anyway.

Finally jailed Cersei.

Tyrion meeting Dany will be the first major spoiler.

That dissolve candle transition was a work of art.

Lothar

Banned
So much for Sansa's rape finally snapping Theon out of it. I think I really need some actual good stuff to start happening to the good guys again because this episode seemed awfully depressing to me.

Yeah, all that talk about making the Sansa scene for Theon and Theon's arc is completely fucked now like Sansa's was.

Madness

I know, my question is if he sold her out because he got scared when he unexpectedly saw Ramsay or if he was going to sold her from the beginning.

That was a trick by the director. He never went to the Broken Tower. Just looked at it and instead went to Ramsay quarters and told him about the plot.

Also (especially after Tyene) considering the show we're watching, having Dany do that stupid covering-your-chest-after-sex thing you see on network TV stood out like a store thumb. Emilia Clarke pls.

dsp

I know, my question is if he sold her out because he got scared when he unexpectedly saw Ramsay or if he was going to sold her from the beginning.

From the beginning. That wasn't the same tower that Sansa wanted him to light the candle in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom