• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made it sound like D&D is trying to torch one of the most popular TV series and run.

If you are a show only watcher your only hope is Dany again.

Just when I thought the last two episodes were turning around some of the shit decisions they've made this year we get this. d & d don't get Stannis and never have

Don't buy for a minute that Stannis would sacrifice Shireen in either the show or the books, she's his daughter, literally the only person he cares about. It's not some bastard boy he's never met, or some tangentially connected family member of his wife

screens confirm it. He watches Shireen burn.

Hex

Banned
I love the salty whiners on the reddit hoping that Ramsay kills Stannis for this and "being a terrible father".
What exactly do they think that Ramsay would do to the girl if he had his way?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
#TEAMMACETYRELL

mMUP1Pb.gif

foxtrot3d

Banned
I love the salty whiners on the reddit hoping that Ramsay kills Stannis for this and "being a terrible father".
What exactly do they think that Ramsay would do to the girl if he had his way?

Bake her a cake? It's not like these characters are consistent in the show.

I may seriously consider abandoning the show if it goes down like this. Not just for the Stannis stuff, but the Dorne stuff and the Braavos stuff sounds every bit as dreadful. Everything sounds terrible.

More leaks

The letter is in. Looks like the show is saying Ramsay's letter will be written after he thinks Stannis is out of supplies and so done for. The sacrifice apparently works and weather improves and siege begins.

More leaks

The letter is in. Looks like the show is saying Ramsay's letter will be written after he thinks Stannis is out of supplies and so done for. The sacrifice apparently works and weather improves and siege begins.
unless Sansa and Reek already fled which is not in the leak why would Ramsay bother to write to Jon

After reading the episode summary on reddit, I sure hope that stuff makes more sense in context because holy shit.

Dorne stuff sounds wack too.

Well, so much for thinking that last week's return to competence meant anything in the grand scheme.

God, this show annoys me more often than not these days. But I'm sticking with it until the end because I'd like to have an ending before 2040.

Speevy

Banned
What else would improve Stannis' fortunes? The weather is literally the only reason (in the books) that he didn't just ride straight into Winterfell and demolish the Boltons.

The weather being the big obstacle is in the fucking books.

Dysun

the show done fucked up
no ragrets, can't wait for the book now

what do you mean by
FTW
?

For the watch

What else would improve Stannis' fortunes? The weather is literally the only reason (in the books) that he didn't just ride straight into Winterfell and demolish the Boltons.

The weather being the big obstacle is in the fucking books.

There's also waking the stone dragon, sacrificing his daughter for weather seems trivial

ok, even more stupid
that's a ridiculous cliffhanger, like everybody will know he'll get rez'd

Especially if tonight is the last we'll see of Dany, which I think might be possible. It's a decent place to end her story in the season and E10 is the peanut gallery trying to figure out how to hold Mereen down with her gone.
Doesn't the ep10 summary include
"danny is surrounded by strangers"
or something ? implying
dothrakis

Also where do I find that ep10 preview ? pm if can't be linked
edit : nvm found it

ok, even more stupid
that's a ridiculous cliffhanger, like everybody will know he'll get rez'd

Doesn't the ep10 summary include
"danny is surrounded by strangers"
or something ? implying
dothrakis

Also where do I find that ep10 preview ? pm if can't be linked

Yeah I guess that makes sense. Although that tile seems more apt for
for Jon if R+L is true than for Dany. All she'll do is meet Dothraki

There's also waking the stone dragon, sacrificing his daughter for weather seems trivial

Not if you think his choice is:

A. Shireen lives, with the weather and no supplies Stannis and his army face starvation and certain defeat.

B. Shireen dies, with their route to Winterfell now a viable option, they lay siege with a large army that stands a very good chance of success

Weather, sounds trivial, but in context it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom