• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
Not if you think his choice is:

A. Shireen lives, with the weather and no supplies Stannis and his army face starvation and certain defeat.

B. Shireen dies, with their route to Winterfell now a viable option, they lay siege with a large army that stands a very good chance of success

Which it is, in the show.

I would be willing to agree that any person choosing marriage to the Boltons is a bad writing decision, but Stannis simply choosing to kill his daughter is not farfetched.

Any character who does little or nothing in the books is fair game for death.

Enosh

A. Shireen lives, with the weather and no supplies Stannis and his army face starvation and certain defeat.

B. Shireen dies, with their route to Winterfell now a viable option, they lay siege with a large army that stands a very good chance of success

Weather, sounds trivial, but in context it makes sense.
Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder

I don't even know what to say about the leaks, I mean I expected it, D&D clearly fucking hate his character but actually reading about it makes it just that much worse

mind you this is the character that did the exact fucking opposite in the books, I don't see in what world this is an interpretation of the character, it's like Tywin being "omg my son I love you! you are my favorite" every time he met tyrion

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Which it is, in the show.

I would be willing to agree that any person choosing marriage to the Boltons is a bad writing decision, but Stannis simply choosing to kill his daughter is not farfetched.

Any character who does little or nothing in the books is fair game for death.

Tommen is the next to die then.

Weather, sounds trivial, but in context it makes sense.

Only he sends Davos to Castle Black to get more supplies

Real Hero

Stephen Dillane was great in the role, sad to see his character get butchered. Lusty Stannis was one thing, but now this.

They never gave him his cart before the horse speech or even made him seem thankful to Davos in anyway. They clearly want him to be a villain

foxtrot3d

Banned
Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder

I sure wish Show Stannis was like Book Stannis. I loved those interactions with him during the march, his words are all so sharp and to the point. I especially liked when he's like "Fish then. But we march at first light."

I cannot fucking believe this.

image.php

Is it weird that this makes sense to me? Stannis is pragmatic AF. His logic is probably that she will die anyway, but this way assures that his men live. It's the lesser of two evils in his pragmatic warped mind. Seems consistent with his other actions.

Is it weird that this makes sense to me? Stannis is pragmatic AF. His logic is probably that she will die anyway, but this way assures that his men live. It's the lesser of two evils in his pragmatic warped mind. Seems consistent with his other actions.

If it is weird, then I'm right there with you. It seems out of character in a vacuum but given the circumstances, it makes sense. It also makes sense for Selyse to regret it as it's happening.

What *is* weird to me is why a whole person needs to be sacrificed when a few drops of blood did so much previously.

Even if she wasn't fit to ever rule, he now has no heir, it makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense considering his speech to Shireen a few episodes ago, it is so out of character...

Veitsev

It makes sense to me. Stannis finally sells his soul which is something he has been slowly moving towards from the beginning. Its also a pragmatic decision. The lives of his men + the fate of Westeros (because Stannis being King is that important, at least in his mind) vs. the life of one girl.

Moff

I refuse to believe that D&D are actually spoiling content from TWOW, but that's just me.

we also know now that stannis will besiege winterfell, he uses shireen to clear the snowstorm, there is a heavy focus on the storm in the books, making it in my opinion more likely to be from the book.
of course this could all be changed, but it could be straight from TWOW.
I don't feel book stannis was as close to shireen as show stannis, the scene he had with her this season was not from the books.

we also know now that stannis will besiege winterfell, he uses shireen to clear the snowstorm, there is a heavy focus on the storm in the books, making it in my opinion more likely to be from the book.
of course this could all be changed, but it could be straight from TWOW.
I don't feel book stannis was as close to shireen as show stannis, the scene he had with her this season was not from the books.

but
book Stannis has Theon and Asha

Even if she wasn't fit to ever rule, he now has no heir, it makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense considering his speech to Shireen a few episodes ago, it is so out of character...

You're not being Stannis pragmatic enough. If he doesn't sacrifice her, they all die and there is no heir. Speech or no speech in Stannis' mind this is what must be done for the possibility of survival. 10% is better than 0%.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
You're my daughter. Of course I love you, are you out of your fuckin mind Shrieen?

Leave my daughter at The Wall with a bunch of murders and rapists? Are you out of your fuckin mind Davos?!

Burn my daughter? Are you out of your fuckin mind Melisandre?

*Starts to snow* Fuck it burn her

Paganmoon

I still don't think For the watch will be the cliffhanger, there is no way they'll be able to keep info about Kit being in the next season a secret.

Everyone might not read Watchers or WiC.net, but mainstream entertainment media will spoil it for sure, so mind as well have for the watch in ep 9 and resurrection in ep 10.

Edit:

Fuck your spoilers, I AM NOT CLICKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom