• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're my daughter. Of course I love you, are you out of your fuckin mind Shrieen?

Leave my daughter at The Wall with a bunch of murders and rapists? Are you out of your fuckin mind Davos?!

Burn my daughter? Are you out of your fuckin mind Melisandre?

*Starts to snow* Fuck it burn her

starts to snow, all their supplies are burned and they are all certainly dead including his daughter who will probably be flayed. Burn her for the greater God (in his mind)

Turin

Banned
Welp. I still enjoy the show and I probably still will for the most part but I am very glad the final installment we'll get of the story will be from reading Dream of Spring.

Zolo

Ramsay burning (unguarded?) supplies with just 20 men?

Stannis burning his HEIR!?

Sansa possibly preggers?

Ugh.....so dumb....wonder if we'll end up getting low review scores for another episode.

Dysun

starts to snow, all their supplies are burned and they are all certainly dead including his daughter who will probably be flayed. Burn her for the greater God (in his mind)

He sends Davos to Castle Black in the same episode, taking her with Davos and trying to raise another sell sword army (with Iron Bank moneys) after Winter is more consistent with what we've seen of the character. It also follows book logic
D&D clearly see him as a villain and don't care what inconsistencies crop up

xgL4eSV.gif

He sends Davos to Castle Black in the same episode, taking her with Davos and trying to raise another sell sword army (with Iron Bank moneys) after Winter is more consistent with what we've seen of the character. It also follows book logic
D&D clearly see him as a villain and don't care what inconsistencies crop up

arguably he sends Davos away to keep him from interfering and also heading his bets a little bit.i don't see any inconsistencies as a pure show watcher.

Zolo

Book Stannis - "I will have no burnings. Pray harder."

Show Stannis (Written by D&D) - Fuck it, burn her

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

I've never wanted Winds of Winter to come out more than I have now just to see if anything remotely similar happens (motivations and all).

Speevy

Banned
If you would agree that Ramsay's raid leaves Stannis in a "do or die" scenario, then all the "Mannis" people really just want Stannis to die.

Plus someone said it best a short while ago. This show doesn't have very many compelling villains anymore, so they put so much stock in Ramsay.

Why not give Stannis the iron throne for a while and make him the new mad king?

CassSept

Oh god that scene is so hard to watch.

[Ep 10 preview]
Tyrion, Daario and Jorah sitting in the throne room looks hilarious

If you would agree that Ramsay's raid leaves Stannis in a "do or die" scenario, then all the "Mannis" people really just want Stannis to die.

Plus someone said it best a short while ago. This show doesn't have very many compelling villains anymore, so they put so much stock in Ramsay.

The problem is the villains are always winning. Ramsay now does a stupid 20 man raid that leads to all this. Stannis can't defend his fucking supplies when it's snowing he shouldn't be anywhere near a throne.

Speevy

Banned
Oh god that scene is so hard to watch.

[Ep 10 preview]
Tyrion, Daario and Jorah sitting in the throne room looks hilarious

Jorah looks at Tyrion.

"Well, at least I'm not the only one who hasn't fucked her."

*Tyrion smirks*

"Well..."

diunxx

Jesus this is fucking worse than I could have predicted, I bet show stans will still defend D&D after this shit.

What really gets my goat is
Ramsay and his twenty men were even remotely successful

like i hate how theyve made him out to be some kind of mastermind when he's just a mad dog

Speevy

Banned
What really gets my goat is
Ramsay and his twenty men were even remotely successful

like i hate how theyve made him out to be some kind of mastermind when he's just a mad dog

All he does is burn Stannis' supplies and runs away. Why wouldn't he be successful?

Kain

That's what happens when instead of introducing badass pirates in the show you introduce sexy good for nothing ladies. And make LF a moron.

All in all, after this episode

I prefer that Stannis dies as soon as possible. He's hit rock bottom, now only a good death could leave a somewhat good taste of the character. Fuck D&D, man.

So yeah, let's all get in the Ramsay bandwagon and see how his powers continue to grow exponentially. I'm predicting his next power will be to dispel blizzards with a hand gesture, then he will say "lol Stannis had to kill people for this and me just jacking off have obtained the same results".

I don`t know what`s worse -
Shireen screaming as she burns or Dany`s `I`m acting really hard` face when it looks like they`ll be killed in the pits.

Dysun

All he does is burn Stannis' supplies and runs away. Why wouldn't he be successful?

The greatest military commander in Westeros leaves his supply line unguarded when about to siege his enemy? There's only one word for this scenario, and its contrived

Zolo

That's what happens when instead of introducing badass pirates in the show you introduce sexy good for nothing ladies. And make LF a moron.

All in all, after this episode

I prefer that Stannis dies as soon as possible. He's hit rock bottom, now only a good death could leave a somewhat good taste of the character. Fuck D&D, man.

So yeah, let's all get in the Ramsay bandwagon and see how his powers continue to grow exponentially. I'm predicting his next power will be to dispel blizzards with a hand gesture, then he will say "lol Stannis had to kill people for this and me just jacking off have obtained the same results".

You forgot the part where after it looks like he's done for, he actually becomes a whitewalker and overthrows their king.

Speevy

Banned
The greatest military commander in Westeros leaves his supply line unguarded when about to siege his enemy? There's only one word for this scenario, and its contrived

The greatest military commander in Westeros sailed right into Blackwater Bay with no opposition and didn't once sense it was a trap.

Well they are in a blizzard while a shit ton of their men are sick/dying and a huge amount of their army is leaving everyday(sellswords). It might not be protected as well as it should be.

-griffy-

Banned
Good to see we're at the stage where we pre-emptively shit on the people who would even dare to consider, discuss and/or defend what happens in the show. Thread is a complete shit show at this point with people openly discussing watching the leaked episode and the mean-spirited, one-sided views. Gross.

Dysun

The greatest military commander in Westeros sailed right into Blackwater Bay with no opposition and didn't once sense it was a trap.
Pretty big difference between a wildfire bomb, and 20 men. Not to mention he would have still won the battle if the Tywin reinforcements arrived at the same time.

Hex

Banned
First rule of NeoGAF is to always read the OP.

Thanks genius, I did and have.
I am saying that if people want no risk considering how much is already here.
Thank you for the generic and completely useless response though.

Well there's a no book spoilers thread. This is spoilers for unaired episodes

Understood, I would just hope that they may be a bit more careful than people have already been in this thread.
Not saying that people should have to go, but if they want to stop further damage ...

Moff

the more I think about it the more I think this is straight from the books
I don't think D&D came up on their own with the idea that melisandre dispells the snowstorm. that is exactly the kind of magic she would do. it's not throwing fireballs, it's something subtle like burning leeches, something that could be coincidence. and let's be honest, D&D do not have suble ideas like that.
lets forget the shadow baby for a minute
and that kind of wonder requires sacrifice, and honestly, despite all the hating, I actually think it's an interesting choice to confront stannis with. so save his daughter or to save his realm (and everyone in his army). and book stannis was not as close to shireen as show stannis.
I don't really think it's bad writing.
of course it will play out a bit differently, since shireen is in castle black in the books, but I still think that stannis will have to make that choice. we'll see, if this creates another backlash, maybe GRRM will comment on it, I certainly hope so and that it's more detailed than a simple "it's different"

I can somehow feel the reactions of some readers in here, but I honestly think a lot of it stems from being spoiled a twist they didn't know about and I wonder how they would feel about other twists in the books if they were shown in the show before.

the more I think about it the more I think this is straight from the books
I don't think D&D came up on their own with the idea that melisandre dispells the snowstorm. that is exactly the kind of magic she would do. it's not throwing fireballs, it's something subtle like burning leeches, something that could be coincidence. and let's be honest, D&D do not have suble ideas like that.
lets forget the shadow baby for a minute
and that kind of wonder requires sacrifice, and honestly, despite all the hating, I actually think it's an interesting choise to confront stannis with. so save his daughter or to save his realm (and everyone in his army). and book stannis was not as close to shireen as show stannis. I don't really think it's bad writing.
of course it will play out a bit differently, since shireen is in castle black in the show, but I still think that stannis will have to make that choice. we'll see, if this creates another backlash, maybe GRRM will comment on it, I certainly hope so and that it's more detailed than a simple "it's different"

I can somehow feel the reactions of some readers in here, but I honestly think a lot of it stems from being spoiled a twist they didn't know about and I wonder how they would feel about other twists in the books if they were shown in the show before.

To be fair though,
the show did play up the relationship more between the two just a few episodes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom