• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Also, consider Shireen's burning as a reminder, much like Cersei getting locked up. Stannis is not a good man, he never was. This is a man who murdered his own brother without batting an eyelash. If he had to kill his daughter to rule, he would, he can, and he did.

Massa

If that's the reason, they could have had Myrcella sent back with Trystane in the first place.

The main reason is that they needed Jaime out of King's Landing.

Well yeah, my point is that it wasn't 100% filler, similar to how people argue that Quentyn's chapters will serve a purpose as well.

Gnome

If that's the reason, they could have had Myrcella sent back with Trystane in the first place.

The main reason is that they needed Jaime out of King's Landing.

I know lots of people hated the Riverlands in book 4; but Edmure, Blackfish, and Lady Stoneheart are infinitely more interesting than the Sand Snakes and whatever Brienne is doing.

Also, consider Shireen's burning as a reminder, much like Cersei getting locked up. Stannis is not a good man, he never was. This is a man who murdered his own brother without batting an eyelash. If he had to kill his daughter to rule, he would, he can, and he did.

*If he has to kill his daughter to rule and save all of humanity

I know lots of people hated the Riverlands in book 4; but Edmure, Blackfish, and Lady Stoneheart are infinitely more interesting than the Sand Snakes and whatever Brienne is doing.
I'm sure the people who hated the Riverlands stuff would also prefer if the whole show was just mindless action scenes like what happened in Hardhome lol. Jaime getting Edmure to surrender is one of his best character moments.

Kerned

Banned
This is good perspective.

Lothar

Banned
I understand that Shireen's sacrifice was difficult to watch. And despite supporting Stannis for years now, doubt has crept into my mind. But I've come to trust in Stannis to make the correct decision. Stannis has the resolve to make the difficult decisions. It might not make sense at the moment, but he works in mysterious ways. In Stannis I trust. I only hope he burns that bastard of Bolton.

I hope Ramsay flays Stannis and it's shown on screen for 10 minutes.

That's how fucked up the story has become.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I wonder how the
siege weapons that Ramsay burned will get fixed by the Lord of Light.

Doh, we totally forgot that Bombadeer Frank loves to store his own Trebuchet in his own tent. Dude loves his Trebuchet to be close to him. LOVES it. @_@

Jarmel

Banned
Well yeah, my point is that it wasn't 100% filler, similar to how people argue that Quentyn's chapters will serve a purpose as well.

Unless Trystane is some master assassin or politician, I'm not sure how much he will do. Maybe the Sand Snakes if they go with him as a bodyguard unit I guess.

mantidor

Drogon's CGI was great I don't get the complains.

The fight scenes were absolutely awful though, even Drogon burning those harpys was dumb, they just stand there doing nothing.

But I guess is probably too much to ask for awesome dragon action and fight scenes like in hardhome in the same episode.

Speevy

Banned
How do you burn all of the siege weapons? Like how many siege weapons do you have that they can all be burned by a bunch of horsemen?

Gnome

Drogon's CGI was great I don't get the complains.

The fight scenes were absolutely awful though, even Drogon burning those harpys was dumb, they just stand there doing nothing.

But I guess is probably too much to ask for awesome dragon action and fight scenes like in hardhome in the same episode.

Drogon looked great, the dragon riding compositing did not.

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe there will be no stabbing, they simply imprison Jon and make Allister Lord Commander.

lol

Jon is totally getting shanked by Ollie. The only way it could be more obvious is if Ollie had a sign around his neck saying "I'm going to kill Jon", in all caps and written in blood.

Kusagari

The Dorne scenes were obviously to set up the future romance between Ellaria and Jamie.

Seriously I did kind of get those vibes from that scene, if we assume Ellaria was being sincere.

At least the next book should be out by the next season (lol) so after Shireen dies in the books we can all feel the appropriate emotional weight. Unless GRRM writes in something like "And just as quick as a flash, Ramsay Bolton appeared and burned it all! The seige weapons, the food, all of it! All gone."

LordCanti

How do you burn all of the siege weapons? Like how many siege weapons do you have that they can all be burned by a bunch of horsemen?

It was just the one catapult. No one had the heart to tell Stannis so they invented this whole "multiple siege weapons" lie.

Jarmel

Banned
The Dorne scenes were obviously to set up the future romance between Ellaria and Jamie.

Seriously I did kind of get those vibes from that scene, if we assume Ellaria was being sincere.

The only way that plot thread even begins to make sense is if she ends up trying to kill Jaime in bed or tries to poison him.

Massa

At least the next book should be out by the next season (lol) so after Shireen dies in the books we can all feel the appropriate emotional weight. Unless GRRM writes in something like "And just as quick as a flash, Ramsay Bolton appeared and burned it all! The seige weapons, the food, all of it! All gone."

Stannis last words to her felt like they were written by GRRM.

Jackson50

I hope Ramsay flays Stannis and it's shown on screen for 10 minutes.

That's how fucked up the story has become.
Show Ramsay is going to win the game of thrones. He's unquestionably the strongest character in the show; yes, that includes the Night's King. Show Ramsay is always a step ahead and a step above the competition. Forget the High Sparrow; show Ramsay is the closest thing to a god we've seen. Everyone is his toy.

The pink letter was accurate and Ramsey already killed Stannis and his army off screen! And then goaded Jon to his death. Nothing is stopping him.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Well, I just saw the episode and had to make this real quick:

6UnxzJa.jpg

What can I say, they've completely missed the point about Stannis. I've read the posts and watched the Inside the Episode where they say "George told us about this." But, it's rather clear he probably only told them that Shireen dies by burning, not that Stannis actually does it. D&D decided it would add better shock value to do so.

*sigh*

I'll post my other "minor" complaints later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom