• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speevy

Banned
This finale has to adhere to a reasonable time budget.

Season 4's finale covered 8 separate storylines very well, with fights and deaths and all, but there were no battles.

My friend and I believe this finale, if it covers 8 storylines, will have the following scenes/characters.

1) Jon’s fate.
2) Cersei’s forgiveness
3) Stannis’ march.
4) Sansa’s fate/Brienne.
5) Arya in Braavos
6) Tyrion/Jorah/Daario
7) Jaime and his daughter
8) Varys kills Pycelle and Kevan Lannister, Margaery reunited with Tommen

I'm probably about 3 weeks late to the train with this but...

... Mother Mercy?

Clearly referring to Lady Selyse changing her mind.

Leech magic, instead of creating a StanShade this time revives Catelyn?

Wow, her body's going to be really decomposed if she's revived after so long.

This was the worst sin committed this season, perhaps the whole series. How does shirtless ramsay and his booze crew fuck up everything for a massive army and then just skip away unnoticed and unharmed?

Don't forget leaving a note that reads

"If anyone asks, there were 20 of us.

- Good men "

Season 4's finale covered 8 separate storylines very well, with fights and deaths and all, but there were no battles.

My friend and I believe this finale, if it covers 8 storylines, will have the following scenes/characters.

1) Jon’s fate.
2) Cersei’s forgiveness
3) Stannis’ march.
4) Sansa’s fate/Brienne.
5) Arya in Braavos
6) Tyrion/Jorah/Daario

You forgot 9. Dany meets up with the Dothraki

Zabka

I really didn't have a problem with the Bolton Ninja Squad. Hit-and-run sneak attacks can be super effective.

What I did find unbelievable was the Sons of the Harpy business. A few fanatical cells I can buy, but they just had so many people who'd apparently decided that slavery was so cool they needed to start slaughtering their fellow citizens to make a point. Seemed like nearly half the audience had masks on! Wtf?!

Is a large insurgency in an ancient city after a foreign invasion really that difficult to believe with all the shit going on in the real world?

The show's wearing its influences on its sleeve

Real Hero

It's gunna be great you guys, episode ten ends with stoneheart hanging Roose and whispering to the audience 'and I've brought some friends along' as Coldhands, Aeron 'Damphair' Greyjoy, Lem 'Lemoncloak', Arianne, The Ghost of High Heart and Pia emerge from the shadows behind her.

Speevy

Banned
What a great thematic consistency. Dead men just killed most of the wildlings in episode 8, let's bring more dead people to kill the people we don't like.

Speevy

Banned
I think Dany trying to convince everyone that's she either is or is not a Targaryen while in Westeros without any help would be HILARIOUS.

eot

Banned
8H7r8NB.png

People were wondering about these mountains earlier, definitely looks like Moat Cailin.

How can you tell it's a dress, especially in a series where people love capes?

People's complaint isn't that the Unsullied aren't an army of invincible super soldiers. The complaint is that they're completely and utterly inept in every way, and that on the show, an army of Hot Pies would be just as effective.
Even in close quarters, in narrow corridors, where a weapon like a spear would be ideal for keeping dagger weilding thugs at bay, they get trounced. They're not just getting mobbed in hit and run attacks like the books, they're getting openly challenged and consistently losing.

Umm... Russia and USA must be inept as well then if they lose to people hiding in mountains. They're not being openly challenged. That's improper wording. If they were being openly challenged then they would be army against army. Instead we get scenes where Unsullied are patrolling the street and then they get jumped by a lot of guys. The stadium was full of Harpies and there's about 50 Unsullied. Most got shanked immediately because they didn't expect that person sitting beside them to stab them.

When you're in a corridor and multiple people are attacking you then you're still going to die. It's not a Raid movie where you can throw a water jug and 3 guys fall on the ground for 2 minutes. No matter how good you at melee you're still going to lose to multiple people swinging knives at you. Outside of that it's just pretty swordsmanship that exists in movies.

Speevy

Banned
In the books, why does Stannis not attack from his own castle again?

Was it absolutely necessary for him to go through the north?

He went to the north because of a message from The Night's Watch begging for help, which Davos showed to him and reminded him his duty as a king was to the realm above all else.

His enemy's forces are concentrated in the south and he only has a few thousand men. At the same time, the NW requests immediate help as the Wildlings are going to overrun the north. So he decides that it's better to save the Kingdom first and then win it, rather than the other way around.

In the show it's because Mel has him whipped, and she says it's a good idea.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Even ignoring Davos bitch slapping Stannis with the cart before the horse speech which made him save the NW, no army has ever breached Moat Cailin from the south so he never would've made it to Winterfell at all.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Are LSH people actually serious? Guys, gals, it ain't happening GRRM himself stated she was a cut character. And, why would D&D introduce her now? Jon will clearly be revived so having LSH appear this late in the game would cheapen his resurrection and death in general. LSH is gone, get over it and the show is better with her cut.

1) Jon’s fate.
2) Cersei’s forgiveness
3) Stannis’ march.
4) Sansa’s fate/Brienne.
5) Arya in Braavos
6) Tyrion/Jorah/Daario
#8 will nnot happen this season. Maybe he kills Pycelle, but I doubt he will kill Kevan this season.

It should be Dany meets the Khalasar.

I would have taken my chances with the Tyrells and whatnot if it meant avoiding Ramsay's 20 good men.

If only he had read those history books he'd realize the main reason the Targaryens didn't conquer Westeros earlier was because of the Boltons and their 20 good men.

I would guess finale will have:

Arya killing Trant.

Cersei's walk of shame.

Sansa/Theon killing Ramsay maybe (hopefully).

Jon getting killed.

I don't think we'll see Dany again. Anything after flying off is anticlimactic (as it was in the book).

I would guess finale will have:

Arya killing Trant.

Cersei's walk of shame.

Sansa/Theon killing Ramsay maybe (hopefully).

Jon getting killed.

I don't think we'll see Dany again. Anything after flying off is anticlimactic (as it was in the book).

The episode 10 description says that Dany is surrounded by strangers. So we'll see her.

They aren't squirrels. They aren't hiding food in little caches all around the camp with decoys to throw people off. Probably. We don't know. But this 'dozens of foodstuffs' is absolutely a personal construction of yours in order to justify your argument.

Actually, it's based on the amount of fires we saw spring up around the camp at the open of the episode.

A camp measured by miles: that's your statement. One we both agree on. Thousands of men. You think all the food (which, again, just a day's worth of food for that many men would eat up a LOT of space) is sitting in one big pile in the middle of the camp? With nobody watching it? Then, at dawn, Ramsay and his gang of 20 Snow Raidens light a bunch of fires at the same time all over the camp and all of them slip out unnoticed?

I'm sorry, but this whole idea is goofy as all hell. Dany flying off on her dragon was more believable than any of this.

Actually, it's based on the amount of fires we saw spring up around the camp at the open of the episode.

A camp measured by miles: that's your statement. One we both agree on. Thousands of men. You think all the food (which, again, just a day's worth of food for that many men would eat up a LOT of space) is sitting in one big pile in the middle of the camp? With nobody watching it? Then, at dawn, Ramsay and his gang of 20 Snow Raidens light a bunch of fires at the same time all over the camp and all of them slip out unnoticed?

I'm sorry, but this whole idea is goofy as all hell. Dany flying off on her dragon was more believable than any of this.

Ramsey is a skilled archer, so maybe his men are as well and showered the camp in fire arrows after scouting out the camp.

The only thing is the timing of the fires--that leads a lot to the imagination. People act as if these guys are Red (like in WoW) and will notice an enemy just on their name plate alone. The problem is these guys blend in with every one else because they're human. Stannis would have to hang his entire army to find an actual culprit. The only recognizable one would be Ramsey but even then maybe a handful know what he actually looks like. Y'all acting like they snuck in wearing cloaks when chances are they just wandered in. It would be like me walking around Seattle without a passport (I'm Canadian), no one will know I'm not actually American unless I tell them I'm not.

Dysun

Last season wasn't much better. At least he didn't rape anyone this year.

Yeah it wasn't great but at least he had some scenes at the Purple Wedding, and with Tywin and Tyrion that I still remember favorably. This year echoes the year he sat in a cage and did nothing (except kill a cousin because reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom