• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 5 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I believe that was a joke.

: )

EDIT:

Stolen from the other thread

Yqyde5J.gif
Oh god. lol

Speevy

Banned
Weird thought: Could the letter Jaime is writing to Cersei contain some evidence that he fathered Myrcella?

Also, could Ellaria be planning to murder Trystane and implicating the Lannisters?

I don't even know anymore man. I remember something about a knight in dorne and falling in love with a snake or something and then dying and a guy named like black star or morning star.

I can't remember. And this show not covering it isn't helping.

Speevy

Banned
When I ask a question, it's almost always related to show evidence. I'm not really delving into the book theories because the showrunners almost never do.

They have 63 minutes and they better not devote 10 of it to the freaking sand snakes.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When I ask a question, it's almost always related to show evidence. I'm not really delving into the book theories because the showrunners almost never do.

They have 63 minutes and they better not devote 10 of it to the freaking sand snakes.
Even if it's an elaborate Tyene/Bronn sex scene?

Saya

Just got caught up with the latest episode. Hilarious.

I love how the writers just skip over showing how Ramsay's Twenty. Good. Men. destroyed Stannis' supply depots. If they don't have confidence in what they write, why should the show watchers?

And that Sand Snake hand slap game... my god I was cringing so hard.

Overall, a real disappointment after last week's episode.

:v

Partition

Banned
Can we just talk about what an absolute failure Sansa's plot this season was? I was willing to give D&D the benefit of the doubt even after THE RAPE THAT SHOOK THE WORLD, but so far it turned out she's done absolutely fucking nothing. And even if it's cliche, she will pretty much need to kill a Bolton to make this diversion worthwhile. If she is just rescued by Brienne and never enacts revenge of her own, what was even the point?

Also just really curious how the hell they will have time for all these plotlines next episode. So far we know for sure that there is a scene in Mereen, something to do with Moat Cailin, Winterfell / Stannis, Arya, Walk Of Shame, For The Watch, Dorne - and that doesn't even include the rumored Greyjoy appearances. I hope the episode is extended... but either way I feel like all everyone's scenes will feel rushed.

Yeah the episode will be packed to the gills and also be cliffhanger city. I just hope we get to see the major shit like Kevan and pycelle getting killed by Ramsay, Jon getting stabbed by Ramsay, Dany being surrounded by Ramsay and 20 good men, Ramsay killing Trant, Ramsay being revealed as the leader of the harpies, Ramsay killing Balon, and Ramsay giving the fire and blood speech to Doran.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So what all plotlines is the next episode confirmed to cover?

1. Jon stabby stabby
  2. Dany meets some horsies
  3. Arya kills a pedophile
  4. Sansa and Reek's continuing adventures of suffering.
  5. Brienne does something... Or not
  6. World's best dad sieges Winterfell
  7. Tyrion hangs out with the bros
  8. Cersei gets naked
  9. Tommen tries to get laid again
  10. The Sand Snakes' extreme adventures

That's already 10 plotlines to leave us on cliffhangers for. Can't imagine them squeezing in anyone else.

Speevy

Banned
Can we just talk about what an absolute failure Sansa's plot this season was? I was willing to give D&D the benefit of the doubt even after THE RAPE THAT SHOOK THE WORLD, but so far it turned out she's done absolutely fucking nothing. And even if it's cliche, she will pretty much need to kill a Bolton to make this diversion worthwhile. If she is just rescued by Brienne and never enacts revenge of her own, what was even the point?

Also just really curious how the hell they will have time for all these plotlines next episode. So far we know for sure that there is a scene in Mereen, something to do with Moat Cailin, Winterfell / Stannis, Arya, Walk Of Shame, For The Watch, Dorne - and that doesn't even include the rumored Greyjoy appearances. I hope the episode is extended... but either way I feel like all everyone's scenes will feel rushed.

There are several reasons Sansa is in Winterfell. Some of these may not be entirely accurate.

-For Jon to know she is in Winterfell
-For viewers to care that she is in Winterfell, since the Boltons aren't compelling television by themselves.
-For Brienne and Podrick to care that she is in Winterfell, since Brienne wants to rescue her for some reason, despite the fact that she was almost killed by Vale riders more or less on her command.
-To remind the viewers that Bran and Rickon still exist, so Sansa can relay this information to some other character.
-So Littlefinger can become the warden of the north, which is very obviously going to happen in the book under different circumstances.
-So Sansa can lose her virginity to Satan.
-So Sansa can have Satan's baby and take care of it.
-So Sansa can watch Satan and his father die as a kind of red wedding revenge.
-So Sansa can imagine herself as a political player even though she has no real power.
-So Sansa can have some scenes with someone other than the boring Vale characters like Yohn Royce and Robin Arryn.
-So Sansa can be introduced to someone worse than Joffrey, and be reminded that her childhood home is now occupied by Satan.

None of these things will lead to anything other than a drastic, desperate action that results in her escape, her death, or something else.

Littlefinger will arrive expecting to use his political pawn once again but she'll be gone.

My question is this. Where the hell will Sansa go next?

Speevy

Banned
Yeah the episode will be packed to the gills and also be cliffhanger city. I just hope we get to see the major shit like Kevan and pycelle getting killed by Ramsay, Jon getting stabbed by Ramsay, Dany being surrounded by Ramsay and 20 good men, Ramsay killing Trant, Ramsay being revealed as the leader of the harpies, Ramsay killing Balon, and Ramsay giving the fire and blood speech to Doran.

Don't forget Ramsay throwing Balon Greyjoy off a bridge and winning the kingsmoot.

the point was to get a shocking ending in the middle of the season and cause a bunch of controversy

The consequences of sexual violence is never really treated seriously in this show, it's just brushed over (dany, cersei), set dressing (craster) or just a problem for the woman to overcome (sansa)

The thread we had devoted to the episode had people defending it and asking people to give d&d the benefit of the doubt and here we are

Speevy

Banned
It's pretty interesting that Roose, who is just a self-admitted rapist has actually treated his Frey wife well.

Walda looks as happy as a clam every time she's on screen.

Big-E

It's pretty interesting that Roose, who is just a self-admitted rapist has actually treated his Frey wife well.

Walda looks as happy as a clam every time she's on screen.

In Westeros, raping random peasants is seen as something to do. Raping the nobility is an entirely different thing in this universe. Walda is the means to legitamate children. Random peasants are purely there for pleasure to Roose.

foxtrot3d

Banned
In Westeros, raping random peasants is seen as something to do. Raping the nobility is an entirely different thing in this universe. Walda is the means to legitamate children. Random peasants are purely there for pleasure to Roose.

The First Night is still kept in the North.

Speevy

Banned
Daario's journal: Note to self, next time bring more than ten unsullied to harpy-shaped stadium that seats 50,000 people we don't know.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Daario's journal: Note to self, next time bring more than ten unsullied to harpy-shaped stadium that seats 50,000 people we don't know.

Daario's Journal: I must be careful around this Lannister Imp, he's too clever by a foot, one slip and he'll discover my secret and then I'll be fish food.

Speevy

Banned
So GRRM has meetings with D&D and they discuss ideas that are in his head that may work their way into the books.

Wow. The blame-o-meter is shifting George's way again.

munchie64

So GRRM has meetings with D&D and they discuss ideas that are in his head that may work their way into the books.

I mean if it's not written, it's not written. They gotta take all they can get, and we all know how much George doesn't like planning specifics.

Ratrat

I chose to see it as something that's in fact, not happenig. Or at least not in the next book.

Well he didn't write the Red Wedding until the end of ASOS because how difficult it was for him to do. He's probably doing the same for the burning scene.

What else can he do? He can only tell them what he has planned at that moment in time. The fact that the story changes as he's writing is a good thing. It's the reason we didn't end up with the Jon Snow/Arya/Tyrion love triangle.

Speevy

Banned
I chose to see it as something that's in fact, not happenig. Or at least not in the next book.

Well, the only fact we know is that George told D and D that Shireen Baratheon's future could involve a burning.

He didn't say she's important to the future of the realm. He said she would be burned alive.

He doesn't have a clue how to finish his books and he's letting a couple of fanboy writers get crucified for his indecision.

LordCanti

So basically all we know is that Mel probably gets her way and roasts Shireen at some point unless GRRM changes his mind.

#SaveShireen2015

Ratrat

Well, the only fact we know is that George told D and D that Shireen Baratheon's future could involve a burning.

He didn't say she's important to the future of the realm. He said she would be burned alive.

He doesn't have a clue how to finish his books and he's letting a couple of fanboy writers get crucified for his indecision.
Eh, most readers have accepted that this is a possibility. Melisandre and Seylse doing it. Sure. Stannis? Unlikely. Show Stannis? Even less so.

And most of the flak the writers have received is in the way things happen/logic surrounding it.

Well he didn't write the Red Wedding until the end of ASOS because how difficult it was for him to do. He's probably doing the same for the burning scene.

it could be. We're pretty much completely in the dark as to his progress on TWOW. But the book is what, a year away from release at the earliest? Something not being written at this point isn't particularly telling. Even if he gets it out before the next season of the show, that means he could be writing through February.

Speevy

Banned
GRRM: "So David, I have this character right. She was beaten up by this..."

D&D: "Sansa."

GRRM: "All right, there's this other guy. He can warg into..."

D&D "Bran."

GRRM: "Fine. There's this really nasty character who..."

D&D: "Ramsay."

GRRM: "Guys, you're really getting on my nerves."

D&D: "George."

munchie64

Eh, most readers have accepted that this is a possibility. Melisandre and Seylse doing it. Sure. Stannis? Unlikely. Show Stannis? Even less so.

And most of the flak the writers have received is in the way things happen/logic surrounding it.
I have some bad news for you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom