• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

woodland

Thought this episode was super boring ;\ and Yara didn't die on top of it. Christ.

Great episode. Not sure how people can call it slow unless you hate these characters.

Yara/Theon storyline is boring, Euron is boring, Sam is in the center of all the world's knowledge and they're wasting time with him curing Jorah? A blacksheep that's been replaced numerous times over? Love the show, but this was a dull episode focusing on the characters that are boring as hell.

Edzi

The inside the episode bits kind of confirm how this is mostly stuff the writers are coming up with on the fly. I know we all kinda knew that already, but it's still nice to know for sure that the show is going in a very different direction.

I don't understand what the point of spending all that time with the sand snakes was before if they're just all going to immediately be killed just like that. Damn I was just finishing season 4 on binge mode too and was making myself feel better about Oberyn's death by saying it's ok they're about to get their revenge.

Fuck this show :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
it was for the greater good

vyvHAj0.gif

Mully

Tyene is still alive. Thank god. She was the only worthwhile one of the three Sandsnakes. She was literally the only one who showed she could actually kill people without dancing around them with a gimmick for five minutes.

Zolo

I don't understand what the point of spending all that time with the sand snakes was before if they're just all going to immediately be killed just like that. Damn I was just finishing season 4 on binge mode too and was making myself feel better about Oberyn's death by saying it's ok they're about to get their revenge.

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"
-Ellaria Sand

"Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?"
-Ellaria Sand

It helps if you remember that showEllaria is essentially Darkstar with tits.

...Actually no, that makes it worse, doesn't it?

kirblar

IIRC Dorne ended up getting abridged after the initial footage that was done by their C-team came back so awful.

mantidor

Was it leaked for the whole season or just this first episodes?

Whole season. You never know of course it might be someone who only got the first episodes and theorize on the rest, anyway leak discussion is not allowed here, so needless to say, and is the only thing I'll say about it, stay out for spoilers, because the leak might be accurate for the whole season.

I mean, it's not hard to work out what happened with the Sand Snakes. People loved Oberyn so they decided to lean into the Sand Snake stuff in Season 5 but it was poorly received so they've now decided to get rid of them rather than keep them around.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If anything Theon leaving maybe means he gets back to DanyCo to relay what happened.

With this quick L and Olenna's "be a dragon" speech, she might decide to push too hard on Jon.

Everyone is too stupid to live through the Long Night. That's the real title of this book.

I mean, it's not hard to work out what happened with the Sand Snakes. People loved Oberyn so they decided to lean into the Sand Snake stuff in Season 5 but it was poorly received so they've now decided to get rid of them rather than keep them around.

Yeah honestly I didn't love them but I really loved Obeyn and it was like shit whatever it takes for him.

The fact that the EXACT same thing happened with GRRM and Darkstar is amazing. He should've warned D&D, but I guess he's too busy not writing.

GRRM you never answer my prayers, but please you must deliver us from this fan fiction nightmare.

Jokes aside, they really had to have Varys do a song and dance to explain his motivations. And he's doing it all 'for the people' haha. Sure.

I don't mind that they continue to trim the fat (1/2 of the Dornish characters are gone! Woo!), but man if it isn't blatant at this point. Don't know how to tie up a story line? Kill em! D&D want to get to the end as soon as possible

Oh and thanks for spending so much time with Greyworm and Missendie. That was really lovely. Only five episodes left everyone!

TankUP

What a shitty show. What a fucking tragedy that an ending I've waited 20 years for is going to come from these fucking morons.

What a shitty show. What a fucking tragedy that an ending I've waited 20 years for is going to come from these fucking morons.

Blame Grrm. Sold his life's work to have complete strangers with little tidbits of info tell the world and spoil the ending to his masterpiece.

Ri'Orius

I'm surprised a weapon like the ballista is something "new" specially since trebuchets are used all the time.

Apparently ballistae weren't really used much past the Roman Empire because trebuchets are better versus castles and crossbows are better versus individuals. So it would make sense if nobody had built one in a while, but that they'd be brought back as anti-dragon tech.

mantidor

I'm surprised a weapon like the ballista is something "new" specially since trebuchets are used all the time.

Not to mention Dorne managed to kill one of Aegon's dragons with a ballista back in the days, it's so annoying how much the show screwed up Dorne because they were pretty cool.

Morts

I thought it was pretty solid. I'm suddenly excited for Theon's storyline again now that I have no idea where it's going.

Probably the best Nymeria reunion we could've gotten. Would've been fun to see them team up but it really wouldn't have made much sense.

I'm actually glad that the show as gone for the more fanfic-y route. The more difference with future books the better.

What future books?

At this point George either needs to A: Not write another word and leave it unfinished or B: Write like hell and release the last two books and in 10 years when the last word is released the ending is completely different than what he told D&D. "Ooops, I changed my mind on the ending. Sorry bout that."

So basically, you want him to be an asshole?

At this point George either needs to A: Not write another word and leave it unfinished or B: Write like hell and release the last two books and in 10 years when the last word is released the ending is completely different than what he told D&D. "Ooops, I changed my mind on the ending. Sorry bout that."

LordCanti

I was legitimately howling with laughter at some of the faces Euron was pulling and when Meek Theon Reek abandoned ship.

Arya's stuff continues to stand out as the best to me. I'd rather she went south and killed Cersei but I guess I'll settle for a reunion with Sansa.

Is Bran just chilling at the wall? I figured there'd have been a Bran/Jon reunion but since he seems to be leaving I don't know if that's happening.

Top Bottom