• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn's PS5 debut 28% weaker than Concord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Until Dawn's debut is 28.6% smaller than Concord's
  • The PlayStation Studios horror game saw 98.5% fewer players than The Last Of Us Part 2 Remastered
  • The small pool of PS5 players could be down to the lack of marketing

Using a gameplay data sample from over 3.1 million active PSN accounts (courtesy of our partnership with GameInsights, which draws the majority of its PSN data from sources beyond TrueTrophies), we've been able to track the debut player count of every new PS5 and PS4 game released throughout the year.

Things are not looking good for Until Dawn, despite the original game being well-received on PS4, the PS5 remaster has failed to find an audience. The game has underperformed so badly, that even Sony's refund-worthy Concord release had a better PS5 debut. Until Dawn's PS5 debut saw 28.6% fewer PS5 players than Concord, which is shocking to see.

via Trophies

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
1. its almost the same story (heard there are new areas and ending but meh)
2. Its the worst version
3. I heard its 30fps on ps5.

I did not play the remake but i completed the original one, i dont even bother buying it.

Bitstream

Hell yeah, 2 bombs in one quarter. Pro is about to be increased by $100. How long until thread is LIVE? Pricing this at $60 was a huge mistake.

Austin Powers Lol GIF

tommib

Gold Member
Stop this madness, Sony. This was a game that ran at 60 fps on PS5 with still excellent graphics.

Make new games with these teams, ffs. I hope the Horizon remaster flops harder.

You either remake a title that’s trapped like Demon’s Souls or SH2 or just stop with this nonsense.

Yeah... remaster of a game type over-saturated by the original developer's entire catalog, priced at $60, worse performance and no upgrade path. I'm actually interested in trying it after a performance update and price drop, though. At least they got the release window right and didn't spend half a billion on it.

StueyDuck

• Until Dawn's debut is 28.6% smaller than Concord's
  • The PlayStation Studios horror game saw 98.5% fewer players than The Last Of Us Part 2 Remastered
  • The small pool of PS5 players could be down to the lack of marketing

via Trophies

I mean why not just hold onto the game for a couple of weeks and have a Halloween launch.

Looks like they just didn't care

MMaRsu

I've never come across anybody demanding for a Until Dawn remake, and the same could be said for HZD. Found it very odd they chose to remake these titles, instead of say Bloodborne, Resistance or Killzone.
That would require effort

Jinzo Prime

Why would you launch this against Silent Hill 2 remake? Two UE5 remakes but one was much more highly anticipated and noteworthy.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Serious question, are you guys new to PlayStation? This is like your usual PS1-PS4 first-party mega bomba with zero marketing behind, and Until Dawn, just like them, has nothing close to a high budget.
It was a complete remake. They took everything and moved it to a new engine. This is not, at all, a cheap process. It wasn't a 200 million bomb, that's true, but this was not a low budget remake. See the newest Digital Foundry Direct for some elaboration on this point.

Saber

When in doubt if its really bad, compare to Concord.

Another of Herman babies I presume.

Last edited:

yurinka

So how many billions needs to be lost before Herman is replaced? Just honestly curious.
Hermen didn't lost billions. They made more profits since he's in charge of PS Studios than in all the previous PS history combined.

Why would you launch this against Silent Hill 2 remake? Two UE5 remakes but one was much more highly anticipated and noteworthy.
Because it is Halloween season, so it's the best part of the year to release a horror game.

They also completed the shooting of the Until Dawn movie now, which means in several months, maybe in half a year or a bit more they'll release it.

Games not only sell in the launch week, specially a full priced remake like this one. Many sales will come when price cutted, which I assume will be around the movie release or a bit before.

Last edited:

nial

It was a complete remake. They took everything and moved it to a new engine. This is not, at all, a cheap process. It wasn't a 200 million bomb, that's true, but this was not a low budget remake. See the newest Digital Foundry Direct for some elaboration on this point.
It can be a complete remake and be low budget as well, though? Especially with how rough it is and the state it came in, that and the close to zero marketing push by Sony.
I don't believe Concord was a 200M project, either, but that's another talk.

Toots

Gold Member
Fingers crossed this bomb is the last straw that breaks the Sony camel back, sending Hulst face first in the dirty sands he never should have crawled from

Camel GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom