• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2016 Edition ||

Faustek

Boy friend pillows will sell gang busters as soon as Harada-sans team adds the ikemen to summer lesson ❤(ӦvӦ。)

Physical for PS4 at NISA as an LE.
No Vita...

Yeah, doesn't bode well. I'm think Yomiwari might be the last from NISA, if it even happens at this rate.

Even though Logy seemed to sell through quick, the Grand Edition for Grand Kingdom maybe didn't move so quickly... and stuff like the Sword City LE seemed to be stagnant for a long time too.

I feel like people can usually only buy one version if they own both systems, and outside of our Vita-core circles people seem to lean heavy towards the PS4 versions.

2016 is looking to be a stellar year for the vita. There's so many great games coming out and personally I'm really hyped up for the god eater games, gundam (never played a gundam game before but it looks really fun), trails of cold steel 2 (haven't played 1 yet but I know that both of them will be amazing), odin sphere, grand kingdom, zero dilemma (how couldn't a person who played vlr be not excited for this :p) and many more! RIP my wallet.

I'd like the OP to provide at least a screencap of the email chain or something, but if it's to be believed: Pier Solar port cancelled despite being sold and advertised as crossbuy on PSN and the dev's supposed excuse being exposed as a lie in the comments.

This is disappointing to here :(
The only reason I purchased the ps4 version was because I was promised a cross buy vita port (jrpgs are much better when played on the vita imo). This is why I'm holding out on purchasing salt and sanctuary as I want to see a proper vita port first.

I played The Swapper on PC a long time ago,liked it but wasn't hooked on it.

Just got it for the Vita and holy shit I don't remember the atmosphere being this amazing.

Also it's a pseudo-metroidvania puzzler, which is great.

So, the culmination of that question of "Is there any bigger title you'd want to start a #buildingthelist campaign for?" that I asked last week is here.

The three titles that came out on top were: GTA Trilogy (III/VC/SA); Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Stardew Valley. As in I counted up the votes for every game mentioned (67 different franchises were brought up in total) and those three were suggested the most.

So if you're interested in any of those three things on Vita, please send Gio a tweet over the next couple of days. Idea being that if we can show there's concentrated demand for just a few titles, rather than the scattergunned "everything under the sun" suggestions he gets at the moment, it might be enough to actually get things moving. You can even copy my tweets if you want:

GTA

@giocorsi @amboyes @RockstarGames Can we get the Grand Theft Auto PS2 games on Vita? III/Vice City/San Andreas! #buildingthelist

Star Wars

@giocorsi @amboyes @DisneyInteract @AspyrMedia Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for PS Vita please! #buildingthelist

Stardew Valley

@giocorsi @ConcernedApe @ChucklefishLTD @amboyes Stardew Valley for Vita please! #buildingthelist

I have no idea if this will work or fall flat on its face, but it cannot hurt to try. Gio still seems to love his Vita and he definitely has the ability to make things happen with it.

If you want any more info about why I'm doing this or why I think the games are possible both technically and realistically, I made a post on reddit about it - here.

Hesemonni

Banned
I played The Swapper on PC a long time ago,liked it but wasn't hooked on it.

Just got it for the Vita and holy shit I don't remember the atmosphere being this amazing.

Also it's a pseudo-metroidvania puzzler, which is great.
Enjoy! It's an awesome game. I had it the other way 'round: Played it on PC and loved it, but couldn't get into the Vita version because of performance. It shouldn't be a problem in a game like this, but it bothered me tons and eventually just gave up.

Stardew Valley seems like the only one the coyld make it but as we have seen It can be tricky to port and optimize a game for Vita

I'd actually say Star Wars has a better shot. Disney & Sony seem in cahoots this gen (Disney Infinity 2.0 Vita; Disney Infinity 3.0 exclusive content for PS4; Epic Mickey 2 Vita; Super Star Wars PS4/Vita; Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS4 etc.) so if there's demand, I see no reason they can't get another deal going to bring across the already-made phone port of KOTOR.

If anything the biggest problem I see is that they'd probably want to do a PS4 version too, and that'd require slightly more effort than simply moving the phone version across to Vita (i.e. would probably necessitate a fuller HD remake).

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
So, the culmination of that question of "Is there any bigger title you'd want to start a #buildingthelist campaign for?" that I asked last week is here.

The three titles that came out on top were: GTA Trilogy (III/VC/SA); Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Stardew Valley. As in I counted up the votes for every game mentioned (67 different franchises were brought up in total) and those three were suggested the most.

So if you're interested in any of those three things on Vita, please send Gio a tweet over the next couple of days. Idea being that if we can show there's concentrated demand for just a few titles, rather than the scattergunned "everything under the sun" suggestions he gets at the moment, it might be enough to actually get things moving. You can even copy my tweets if you want:

GTA

@giocorsi @amboyes @RockstarGames Can we get the Grand Theft Auto PS2 games on Vita? III/Vice City/San Andreas! #buildingthelist

Star Wars

@giocorsi @amboyes @DisneyInteract @AspyrMedia Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for PS Vita please! #buildingthelist

Stardew Valley

@giocorsi @ConcernedApe @ChucklefishLTD @amboyes Stardew Valley for Vita please! #buildingthelist

I have no idea if this will work or fall flat on its face, but it cannot hurt to try. Gio still seems to love his Vita and he definitely has the ability to make things happen with it.

If you want any more info about why I'm doing this or why I think the games are possible both technically and realistically, I made a post on reddit about it - here.

Good choices. I fired off the tweet for KOTOR. I've actually never played it, so this would be an awesome way to experience what is, apparently, a phenomenal game.

Shizuka

Spring 2016 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn it, Acttil, get your shit together!

72kRqK6.gif

Good choices. I fired off the tweet for KOTOR. I've actually never played it, so this would be an awesome way to experience what is, apparently, a phenomenal game.

Heh, well the choices were from the community (here/reddit/banned site/Vita Lounge), but thanks!

I was really hoping Shenmue I+II would be the next #buildingthelist campaign.

Would love that too. The suggestions seem slightly easier choices though, at least legally (since the rights to 1 & 2 seem such a mess).

It's probably going to release close to SoSC :(. Unless the game gets silently cancelled or stuck in the abyss like the Civ/Xcom games.

I have a copy of Civ sitting in my drawer. That one didn't get lost in the abyss!

(I do know what you're saying, don't worry, but it is out there if you really want to play it).

Saphirax

Cornbread78

With no sarcasm at all, since I'm obviously a huge Vita supporter, what is there AAA/AA coming to vita in NA this year that is not an PC port/indie tier game? I'm missing something and I can't put my finger on it.

- WoFF
- Atelier
- Kingdom
- SAO

Saphirax

With no sarcasm at all, since I'm obviously a huge Vita supporter, what is there AAA/AA coming to vita in NA this year that is not an PC port/indie tier game? I'm missing something and I can't put my finger on it.

- WoFF
- Atelier
- Kingdom
- SAO

God Eater, Odin Sphere, Cold Steel 2, Ray Gigant, Zero Escape 3, Trillion, Psycho-pass etc.

18-Volt

God Eater, Odin Sphere, Cold Steel 2, Ray Gigant, Zero Escape 3, Trillion, Psycho-pass etc.

There are also still tons of other potential localizations, including whole XSEED line up: Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Tokyo Xanadu, Exist Archive, Criminal Girls 2, Hero Must Die, Summon Night 6, Gundam Breaker 3, Digimon World Next Order, Sega Hard Girls, Toukiden 2, Atelier Shallie...

And then there are games that were announced for west but we heard nothing since: Attack on Titan, God Wars, Root Letter, Gundam EX VS

And finally the "promised" games, which I don't think we'll ever see them on those shores: Adventures of Mana, I am Setsuna and Nights of Azure.

Ys 8 and Dangan 3 could well be 2016 games if Falcom and Spike were cooperative enough. I don't think Falcom will be, but after Zero Time Dilemma, it's very possible to see Dangan 3 in English before year ends.

Top Bottom