• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

cruets said:
game starts 6pm

engagement party starts at 6:30 pm

76OfX.gif

Pre

I'm probably going to miss the game as I'll spend all Saturday traveling back from Florida.

Oh well, I hope we mudhole Mexico.

alterno69 said:
I hope someone punches Donovan in the face, such a cunt he is.

Still mad from that goal Donovan scored on you guys in 2007 where he ran past two defenders, faked Oswald and took it in for a goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIWECh5rGQk

Listen, Mexico hasn't won a game that really meant anything against the US in quite some time. We beat you in the 2002 World Cup, won the 2007 Gold Cup to go to the Confederations Cup...

I know this game is different as you guys look really good. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mexico won. However, Donovan will always own Mexico. That won't change.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just caught the game on DVR.

Shouts out to Freddy Adu! The pass to set up the Donovan assist was freaking brilliant.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Gamecocks625 said:
Still mad from that goal Donovan scored on you guys in 2007 where he ran past two defenders, faked Oswald and took it in for a goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIWECh5rGQk

Listen, Mexico hasn't won a game that really meant anything against the US in quite some time. We beat you in the 2002 World Cup, won the 2007 Gold Cup to go to the Confederations Cup...

I know this game is different as you guys look really good. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mexico won. However, Donovan will always own Mexico. That won't change.

Donovan on Chicha: "They've (Mexico) got perhaps the hottest striker in the world on their team right now." @ MUFC

Even Lolovan kneels against Based Pea's awesomeness.

Clydefrog

K.Jack said:
Just caught the game on DVR.

Shouts out to Freddy Adu! The pass to set up the Donovan assist was freaking brilliant.

I've really gotta give credit to Adu. He had some sublime passes when he came on (especially the one that started the goal). BUT, I'll shit bricks if Adu starts on Saturday. He did well as a late sub... keep it that way. If things don't pan out on Saturday after 60+ mins, then by all means, bring on Adu!

Regulus Tera said:
Donovan on Chicha: "They've (Mexico) got perhaps the hottest striker in the world on their team right now." @ MUFC

Even Lolovan kneels against Based Pea's awesomeness.

No doubt the guy is great. In recent years it was sort of a given that the US would be Mexico as long as it wasn't played in Azteca. This year? Not so much. Mexico is a strong team and will probably be favored in the final. If we can get our lineup nailed down finally, then it might be a good game. I have a feeling an early goal will be the deciding factor.

Heretic

Such an emotional rollercoaster. Oh man, i was bawling like a little kid when donovan put that in!

So, USA-Gaf, what songs should I learn for Saturday's game?

Slizz

Eh, this isn't as big as WC, Euro Cup, CL final, usually those are the soccer threads that get individual ones. Will there even be a Women's World Cup thread this year?

xbhaskarx

Once in a Lifetime is now available on Netflix streaming, anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out...

Once in a Lifetime

2006 PG-13 97 minutes

Capturing the true story of the team that almost changed how America defined its national pastime, this documentary chronicles the rise of sports sensations the New York Cosmos, the crown jewel of the North American Soccer League in the 1970s. Backed by TV mogul Steve Ross, the phenomenal Cosmos boasted star players such as Pele and Franz Beckenbauer, whipping U.S. fans into a frenzy with their exploits on and off the field.

Heretic

Slizz said:
Eh, this isn't as big as WC, Euro Cup, CL final, usually those are the soccer threads that get individual ones. Will there even be a Women's World Cup thread this year?
This game is HUGE! Both teams have their main starters. A loss will be a big draw back for the US.

xbhaskarx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom