• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

That Dempsey header just didn't have enough power on it but we continue to have chances...

...And they continue to finish theirs, damn.

Damn, you are dominating them on every corner. Hopefully Bradleys price won't shoot up too much with his great performances here.

Fake edit : Great Brazil goal.

sixghost

You just can't give space to fullbacks like this. Donovan and Torres were barely in the picture whenever Marcelo and Danilo were making those runs. World class teams are going to murder you for that. Donovan was invisible most of the game, Marcelo ate his lunch.
We could have won this game with a few things tweaked. Still disappointed but not completely

To be fair, Brazil could have had 6 or 7

xbhaskarx

Entertaining game, the final scoreline isn't as close as it should have been.

US did a good job creating scoring chances, at least in the second half. Good games from Gomez, Bradley, and Johnson. We really need some of the younger CBs to step up, though. Onyewu is not ideal for Klinsmann's style, to put it politely, and Bocanegra really isn't either. Also we need Timmy Chandler to come back.

ZZMitch

That was a fun game and the US played better than the score line suggested. Hopefully they can step their game up for qualifying next week.

Tristam

Damn...as others have said, the scoreline doesn't really do our performance justice. We were especially good in the second half. Our defense was shaky and at times shambolic (what else is new?) Our midfield played well, though, especially in the second half. I was impressed with the quality of some of our passes. I've been extremely busy over the past few months and haven't caught too many U.S. games, so can anyone tell me if this is Klinsmann's influence? I've spent years and years bemoaning the fact that we play (and mostly always have played) the dreadful 'long-ball game'. I saw very little of that today and saw a lot more precision (again, esp in the 2nd half). I'm pretty happy despite the scoreline.

daegan

i think edu needs to be shot. i hope the other two can sort it out but they're old and busted and probably won't be getting any better

Boca especially - he's never been the fastest but we need someone quicker there now. Gomez - hell, anyone up top - should not have to track all the way to the back line as often as he did tonight.

xbhaskarx

With the way Goodson is playing in the Danish league I doubt you want him back. Parkhurst is doing much better.

Yeah, Goodson is just far from the ideal option, he's worse than Ream when it comes to getting out-muscled by opposing players. I don't know how it's even possible to be a 6'4" CB and only 175 pounds....

Heretic

I feel gutted. They had a hot goalie and we showed signs of brilliance when pushing forward with the ball but we couldn't score. If we lose to Canada... we won't lose to Canada. We better not lose to Canada. Once was enough this year.

Nesotenso

I feel gutted. They had a hot goalie and we showed signs of brilliance when pushing forward with the ball but we couldn't score. If we lose to Canada... we won't lose to Canada. We better not lose to Canada. Once was enough this year.

We won't lose to Canada. There needs to be some changes at the back.

daoster

So...Portland Timbers just lost to Eric Wynalda's Cal FC, a team he just started about a month or so again.

lol?

Bad result for the US team today, but as others have said...the score doesn't match the performance.

Esiquio

Great play in the second half from the US. Sucked that Brazil got a penalty kick so early in the game, really messed up our momentum in the beginning. And that third goal really hurt. We can get revenge from our women in the Olympics :D

NoRéN

Shit was embarrassing. Give the US real opposition and they get torn apart. So they had some chances. So the fuck what?! Don't matter unless they score. Tough to watch. Oh well, hopefully something's learned.

xbhaskarx

some famous athlete was at the game

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...s-soccer-game/2012/05/31/gJQAbu6H3U_blog.html
6a00e54ef2975b8833016766f64712970b-pi

s7evn

Edu needs out of Scotland, Gooch needs minutes, Boca needs to pick his damn head up.
I've never liked Gooch as a player, I just don't think he has the skills to lead a back line. He's got the physical traits, but I just haven't ever seen him really preform consistently well. Also the injury he had doesn't help him.

So...Portland Timbers just lost to Eric Wynalda's Cal FC, a team he just started about a month or so again.

lol?

RSL lost to FC Minnesota.

Got to watch the replay yesterday night... why was Edu playing forward while Bradley was back? I hope they switch that up asap.
I thought Bradley was a DCM sort of a schweinsteiger type player.

nick nacc

Banned
Pretty sad Mexico played better. The game is on now were lookin good. It's crazy some of the progress I have seen since the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom