• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigoro

EPSN just said pre-game (im assuming) at 9:30. online all i see is 10:15 though.

ESPN online fucking sucks.

we got a new troll. sweet.

Heretic

Have you guys started filling up your water balloons with pee yet? Game's tonight!

Pee? Nasty! I got hit with lemonade in the Gold Cup final at the Rose Bowl!

IT WAS LEMONADE DAMMIT

Fortunate for me, my flag took all of the damage. Thank you, USA flag. I will always salute you.

daoster

Guys...what if the earthquake this morning was a sign.

Today, the world will be torn asunder, and USA will finally fulfill it's destiny.

Atlagev

Rumors on twitter from Wahl, Ives, have Matt Besler starting at center back for tonight's game. Are you kidding me?! The kid has one cap against Canada, and you're going to start him in Azteca in a WCQ?! Doesn't make sense to me, but hope he can prove me wrong...

xbhaskarx

Rumors on twitter from Wahl, Ives, have Matt Besler starting at center back for tonight's game. Are you kidding me?! The kid has one cap against Canada, and you're going to start him in Azteca in a WCQ?! Doesn't make sense to me, but hope he can prove me wrong...

Klinsmann tinker with the lineup for an important game? I don't believe it.

Having said that, as well as Goodson performed against Costa Rica, I don't think he has the speed for this...

Beesler is a good player but what a trial by fire.

I'm bugging out waiting for this game to start. Would love a result but just need it to be a good contest since I've got some non-soccer fans keeping an eye on this one.

Askani

On a side note for anyone else that's curious, I hadn't seen it yet and just looked up the regulation FIFA referred to about the protest just to see what it actually said:

FIFA Regulations Article 14 said:
4. Protest regarding the state of the pitch, its surroundings, markings or accessory items (e.g. goals, flagposts, or footballs) shall be made in writing to the referee before the start of the match by the head of delegation of the team lodging the protest. If the pitch's playing surface becomes unplayable during a match, the captain of the protesting team shall immediately lodge a protest with the referee in the presence of the captain of the opposing team. The protests shall be confirmed in writing to the FIFA general secretariat during the preliminary competition and during the final competition by the head of the team delegation no later than two hours after the match.

So yeah, I'm guessing since they didn't protest in front of Demps and the head ref...here with sit with 3 points.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Guzan; Cameron, González, Besler, Beasley; Bradley, Edu; Zusi, Dempsey, Gómez; Altidore.

Besler in for Goodson and Edu in for Jones.

That sideline reporter for ESPN is the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst.

I usually don't hate on the hot girl on the sidelines with the microphone, I just ignore them but she is so bad. She's local non-major market level, what the hell is she doing on ESPN? She had a trainwreck interview with Dempsey a few days ago and now she's just babbling in the tunnels of Azteca.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom