• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuyejo

Good game today, Costa Rica outplayed the US most of the match, specially the first period. Overall, I am confident to say both are the best teams of the Concacaf to date.

gutshot

Start Aron up top!

EJ will get the start up top, most likely. My guess is Goodson gets called in to start at CB. No idea who will be in central mid with Jones. Bradley needs to find some HGH or something while down there in Costa Rica, because we need him on Tuesday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
EJ will get the start up top, most likely. My guess is Goodson gets called in to start at CB. No idea who will be in central mid with Jones. Bradley needs to find some HGH or something while down there in Costa Rica, because we need him on Tuesday.

I'd rather see what Aron could do up top, he should have come in a lot sooner tonight. We do really need Bradley though, it's pretty obvious how important he's become for us after tonight.

gutshot

I'd rather see what Aron could do up top, he should have come in a lot sooner tonight. We do really need Bradley though, it's pretty obvious how important he's become for us after tonight.

I like Johannsson too, but I think Klinsi really likes him coming off the bench and I'm not sure he trusts him enough just yet to start him in a huge qualifier. We shall see.

EDIT: US can clinch a World Cup birth on Tues with a win against Mexico and a Honduras win or draw against Panama. US still with a 99.9% chance to qualify.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like Johannsson too, but I think Klinsi really likes him coming off the bench and I'm not sure he trusts him enough just yet to start him in a huge qualifier. We shall see.

I can definitely see him thinking that way, but if he's going to be swapping him in from the bench he's going to be needing more than a minute or two of play to do anything.

Nesotenso

ok Zusi and Fiscal were terribly porous in the first half .Zusi had some plays but Fiscal at
RB is a failure. Replacement needed there. Donovan needs to be LM or RM. with Bedoya ahead of Zusi because he is just faster. Parkhurst at RB ? no other option
Jones and Cameron started poorly. Jones had a slightly better game but that is not saying much. Cameron gets replaced by Mixx/ Beckerman.

Besler gets replaced by Brooks but that is a big risk against a desperate Mexico as Columbus is a must win now. Maybe Goodson gets called in.

Jozy is out. Clint looks tired and should have gone out earlier. EJ is terrible. Clint and Aron should probably get the start but have to go with 4-4-2 or both should be closer. AJ needs to be the one to drop back and feed Clint.

That first goal was terrible, Beasley looks so weak and unsteady at times

Edit: Howard should have come off his line for the third

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
ok Zusi and Fiscal were terribly porous in the first half .Zusi had some plays but Fiscal at
RB is a failure. Replacement needed there. Donovan needs to be LM or RM. with Bedoya ahead of Zusi because he is just faster. Parkhurst at RB ? no other option

I think Cameron at RB is the best option we have. When was the last time Parkhurst played a competitive game? Nvm I didn't see that Cameron was suspended.

Call in Lichaj.

gutshot

Chepo fired. Replaced with Olympic champion coach Luis Fernando Tena.

I'm kind of a little worried about this game now. Mexico is going to come out fired up to play for their new coach and their World Cup lives.

methodman

Banned
man that game was fucking awful. A big problem was that neither of our mids were able to make any plays going forward. Cameron and Jones both look like they are really solid when they play with Bradley, but together they were basically the same player. Sucks that Holden got injured cause he could have been huge as a bench player for Bradley versus Cameron who was really bad. Also would have liked to see Mixx get some minutes as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
man that game was fucking awful. A big problem was that neither of our mids were able to make any plays going forward. Cameron and Jones both look like they are really solid when they play with Bradley, but together they were basically the same player. Sucks that Holden got injured cause he could have been huge as a bench player for Bradley versus Cameron who was really bad. Also would have liked to see Mixx get some minutes as well.

That's just Bradley making them look good. This game made it blatantly obvious that Bradley is very very important to our team and that we need to figure out a way to work without him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Apparently a picture of Bradley rolling his ankle has popped up and it does not look very pretty.

BTl_VHqCAAA6hFC.jpg

https://twitter.com/El_Jefe_Monico/status/376472044734402560/photo/1

Updates from Grant Wahl:
Corona, Davis, Goodson, Torres added to US squad. Bradley ruled out, Brooks heading back to Germany.

Don't think it's a bad sign that Brooks sent back to GER. Clearly confident he has chosen USA over Germany.

My predicted US lineup: Howard; Orozco, González, Goodson, Beasley; Jones, Diskerud; Zusi, Donovan, F. Johnson; Dempsey.

That field. Yeah. Thanks, Costa Rica.

So I assume it's safe to say we just hope to have Bradley back in good health before the Cup next summer? Do we know the extent of the injury yet?

So I assume it's safe to say we just hope to have Bradley back in good health before the Cup next summer? Do we know the extent of the injury yet?
He had an MRI yesterday. Results should be out sometime today, but presumably US Soccer and Roma will want to take a look at things before they make an announcement.

- Galarcep's projected lineup:
PROJECTED USMNT STARTING LINEUP vs. MEXICO

——————————Eddie Johnson——————————

Fabian Johnson———–Clint Dempsey———–Landon Donovan

——————Jermaine Jones—-Kyle Beckerman——————

DaMarcus Beasley———————————-Michael Parkhurst

————-Clarence Goodson———Omar Gonzalez—————-

——————————–Tim Howard——————————-
I've seen predictions all over the place for this one due to the suspensions and injuries. Will be interesting to see who Klinsmann puts out there.

Nesotenso

would have Fabian at LB, Landon in front of him and Bedoya on the right.

Parkhurst at RB. Clint or EJ make way for AJ depending on the score in the second half.

Mixx over Beckerman because the latter didn't fare well in the last WCQ. Jones should be the D mid here.

also Goodson at CB. two lumbering CBs with no speed is not great. just get 3 points.

Askani

- Field level highlights of US - Costa Rica

The phantom foul at 5:40 that Besler took a card for is some bullshit.

Wow. I'd been wanting to see that since it was off camera during the game.

Fuck that guy.

EDIT :::::

Is there an appeals process for yellows or accumulation? I'm guessing no. Is there anything for blatant diving?

I don't want to change the game or do instant replays or timeouts for reviews. However, stuff like this really gets to me. This should not be tolerated by anyone from any team. There should be a review process and the cost of getting caught needs to be so high and ridiculous that this quits happening. It's the only way it's going to end.

EDIT 2 :::::

Twitter is exploding. So is the SKC supporters group. I keep seeing the clip. I just keep getting angrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom