• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

Am I the only one freaking out over tonight? Bradley out has me super concerned.

Maybe not freaked out, but pretty nervous.

- Mexico has a brand new coach, and the players will be looking to make a good impression under him.
- Mexico is staring at the possibility of not qualifying, so this game is do or die for them.
- USA will be missing some key, key players in Bradley, Besler, and Altidore.
- We came off a pretty bad loss @ Costa Rica.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm not exactly nervous. Our team should know that Mexico will be desperate to come out and score in the first 20-30 minutes, so they have to weather that storm. The game can be won in the deep waters of the second half.

Who am i kidding, not having Jozy makes me want to puke.

Atlagev

They've had time to plan around him not being there this time so we won't look as shaky as we did against Costa Rica. I am a little worried, but they'll need to be able to win without him.

The thing that concerned me most about Costa Rica was not the result, which was almost to be expected, but the complete lack of any composure in midfield. I was almost shocked when any balls got through midfield into the final third. You could almost count the real US chances at goal in that game on one hand.

People were talking up how the US was playing better in the second half, but, again, they merely went from bad to slightly competent. Again, they had little to no control of the midfield.

*That* is my concern tonight. You can't create consistent chances if you don't have at least a decent control of midfield.

Nesotenso

#USMNT starting lineup: Howard; F. Johnson, Goodson, Gonzalez, Beasley; Jones, Beckerman; Bedoya, Dempsey ©, Donovan; E. Johnson #USAvMEX

hope Beckerman/ Jones don't fuck up.

I have a free today so I will be able to enjoy the game. I have been watching the 2 hour hour pre game show on ESPN and it has been pretty good. Hopefully the United States win today. I have my bag of Hot Cheetos ready with my gallon of water.

Clydefrog

#USMNT starting lineup: Howard; F. Johnson, Goodson, Gonzalez, Beasley; Jones, Beckerman; Bedoya, Dempsey ©, Donovan; E. Johnson #USAvMEX

oooh Bedoya!

ewww EJ

I have a free today so I will be able to enjoy the game. I have been watching the 2 hour hour pre game show on ESPN and it has been pretty good. Hopefully the United States win today. I have my bag of Hot Cheetos ready with my gallon of water.

what an odd game snack

Works for me given the limitations of the roster. Just need to have Beckerman protect the centerbacks, force things wide, and make Mexico swing in crosses while keeping an eye on Chicharito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom