• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

Mexico is a disaster right now. But is still in a somewhat good position to qualify. If they beat Panama, they secure the 4th place and decide everything against NZ. Still a much easier path that many of the remaining nations.

i don't expect them to fuck it up. WC without Mexico would be weird.

NoRéN

Mexico is a disaster right now. But is still in a somewhat good position to qualify. If they beat Panama, they secure the 4th place and decide everything against NZ. Still a much easier path that many of the remaining nations.

I'm sure it is. however, big proud Mexico having to play the 4th place playoff against New Zealand for a WC spot? lololololol

USA! USA! USA!

Everything going our way tonight so far. Lovin' it.

edit: Just wanted to pop back in and say how proud of our guys I am. I wasn't expecting such a good effort out of them, and after that first half it was looking pretty shaky. But they stood up, rode it out and got us another 2-0. Well done, boys!

Clydefrog

USA! USA! USA!

Everything going our way tonight so far. Lovin' it.

edit: Just wanted to pop back in and say how proud of our guys I am. I wasn't expecting such a good effort out of them, and after that first half it was looking pretty shaky. But they stood up, rode it out and got us another 2-0. Well done, boys!

i'm super stoked! the guys can really be proud of this win

hom3land

Anyone else notice espn's camera was on the columbus big screen which was showing the panama/honduros game. Isn't that illegal rebroadcasting? It was the live feed of the game.

hom3land

Really cool they came out and celebrated with the fans. Wish more fans stayed to make it look more epic but damn, fun to see the players letting lose.

CRS

So what's the.scenario for.Mexico now that they are in 5th?
Currently:

Honduras 11
-------------------
Panama 8
Mexico 8
Jamaica 4

Best case scenario for Mexico:

Honduras v Costa Rica: Tie

Mexico v Panama: Mexico Win

United States v Jamaica: Don't Care

Honduras 12
-------------------
Mexico 11
-------------------
Panama 8

Costa Rica v Mexico: Mexico Win

Jamaica v Honduras: Honduras Loss or Draw

Panama v United States: Don't Care

Mexico 14
-------------------
Honduras 13
-------------------
Panama 8

Mexico passes but if Honduras wins their last match against Jamaica,

Honduras 15
-------------------
Mexico 14
-------------------
Panama 8

Mexico has to play New Zealand for the last spot.

NYuEp7m.gif

So USA qualifies for Brazil with 2 more qualifying matches remaining? Do we play full strength for our remaining 2 matches or do we treat them like friendlies?

NoRéN

Should we create a post in OT about this news?
That's what I've been asking for.

Another concern, should verano and jamesinclair be put on suicide watch?
Can countries from the same confederation be in the same group?
Happens for Europe but not concacaf i think.
We better, it's not like the next two matter at this point.

Still, US should go out and dominate. Top of the Hex! The better to take a shit on mexico from a great height.

CRS

The more I think about it, the more I'm feeling sick for Mexican fans.

At this point, I kind of don't want them to qualify so the FMF can take a good look at the team and see what needs to be done. And maybe Mexico not qualifying can shake up the team's mentality since they're definitely not in the right mindset right now.

daoster

So USA qualifies for Brazil with 2 more qualifying matches remaining? Do we play full strength for our remaining 2 matches or do we treat them like friendlies?

Unleash the Shea. Unleash the Adu.

Haha Adu didn't get called to the Gold Cup preliminary roster... I don't think so... Unleash Shea and let's see what Aron can do though!

Is anyone else thinking about a trip to Brazil next summer? My cousin and I are talking about it, but we have never gone to a World Cup before and have no idea how to go about planning it....

Thinking about it... But the more I think and read about it, the less likely it becomes... Don't think I'll be able to save up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom