• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[US] New Boxarts -- A few goodies inside (no 56k)

245588.jpg
243930.jpg
242682.jpg
243501.jpg

242328.jpg
242520.jpg
210670b.jpg
280875b.jpg

b645387ab.jpg
240459.jpg

*edit: nm. EB changed MGS3's cover (thank god)*

Spike

I'm guessing that the MGS boxart is the real deal. In some of the advertisements in various gaming mags, they show this same boxart with a 'M' ESRB rating.

Alien Hominid, KotoR 2, and GT4 boxes are nice.

That drawn (Shinkawa or whoever?) cover of Snake from TGS better be the final MGS3 boxart for the US. Damn that was nice.

edit:

Spike said:
I'm guessing that the MGS boxart is the real deal. In some of the advertisements in various gaming mags, they show this same boxart with a 'M' ESRB rating.

=(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
That MGS3 box art has been up there for months. And it BETTER NOT be the final box art. Hell, I even wrote an email to Konami about how MGS3's box art should use Shinkawa's artwork and avoid using in-game models like The Twin Snakes.

KOTOR 2 and GT4 looks nice

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Spike said:

EBgame's ad in the latest EGM/Gamepro or whatever still uses the old Pikmin 2 boxart, for all its worth

Meier

johnjohnson said:
243501.jpg

This one looks great! Can't wait to get my copy in about 2 months!

What the heck? When did this game get pushed into 2004? I can't spend any more money this year, dammit! Love that boxart but I'm not counting out a delay though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I still need to play the first one...which is gonna be impossible for me unless I get the game now and play it before I get bombarded with new games in the next few months

AniHawk

Meier said:
What the heck? When did this game get pushed into 2004? I can't spend any more money this year, dammit! Love that boxart but I'm not counting out a delay though.

It was bumped up in August or July.

The MGS3 cover is *terrible*. Go with Shinkawa or just put the logo over a camo background. No game models.

The GT4 cover is awesome just like every other GT cover.

Dujour

Banned
Why the hell are they going with the polygon model for a cover again? The one for Twin Snakes is so bad, it makes me abhor the game even more. The shinkawa one that looks like the MGS2 one, but green and jungle-esque, was way better.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Has KOTOR2 definitely been bumped up? I fear it could just be another one of those "we say winter you dont know what winter means" situations

Edit: I should have checked the official website before i posted really, check out the PC gamer screwage..

Availability: Xbox: 12/04 PC: 2/05

So much for simultaneous release.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, the MGS3 boxart is, objectively, just fine. At least it's a good game model screenshot, and not that muddy crap they put on Twin Snakes. That said, the artwork was much better and should be the cover over this. It just fits in better with the series.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Get that crap off the MGS3 cover, I've been seeing that for months and just can't handle it anymore. Who does that box even appeal to? It doesn't do anything for the average American who want some action scene on the box. And it doesn't look great to most of the fans who want character art. Use some Shinkawa art and be done with it. Konami of America better have something way better ready, then again almost anything would be better than that.

I really like the Gran Turismo 4 box. I actually prefer it to the GT3 designs. I only wish there was an online logo on that box...but it can't be helped.

As for that Shaman King, pretty sure it is just a fighting game with characters from the show. I could care less about it though.

Konami doesn't care what fans think of their box arts. There was a huge uproar over MGS:TTS's box art when it was revealed months before its release, but nothing happened.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
trippingmartian said:
Konami doesn't care what fans think of their box arts. There was a huge uproar over MGS:TTS's box art when it was revealed months before its release, but nothing happened.

[troll]But not that many people were going to see The Twin Snakes box art anyway[/troll]

Hehe, but this Metal Gear Solid 3 box is worse than The Twin Snakes, at least to me. It isn't even trying... Konami needs to start caring.

Vashu

Damn, I really have to import Gundam Battle Assualt 3.. We only got a release of the first two PSOne games back in 2003 (when Gundam Wing suddenly became hot after finally being aired over here). The other games are nice, especially the KOTOR II one. GT4 has style written all over it, while Shaman King does it's manga/anime thing. MGS3 is whack though, gimme a more stylished, Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2 cover.

Hopefully this one ain't the final cover.

Fowler

Damn, I want KOTOR II sooo bad. Who's faster for online shopping, Amazon or EBGames? I'm going to ship it to my friend and he'll ship it across to me (cheaper that way) but I want it ASAP!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Think they are trying to capture the feel of the first one. The composition is exactly the same except the ebon hawk is on the other side.

boxswkotor.jpg
243501.jpg

It's a small image so i cant really tell but the artwork looks fantastic, the logo does look cluttered and the placement of the subtitle is strange.

It is missing some details though so i dont think its final.

Solid

Boo! I want Shinkawa art on my MGS-games dammit! I hope the PAL cover is better.

And that GT4 cover is pure sex. KOTOR2 is sweet as hell too, looks cool.

jett

D-Member
MGS3 has an online mode...? Cover looks HAWT, but they should replace the rendered Snake with a hand-drawn one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The online mode is for downloading new camo skins and stuff I think? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere

I'm sure they'll eliminate the need for clear codes too and allow you to send rankings data to Konami's site

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:
The online mode is for downloading new camo skins and stuff I think? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere

I'm sure they'll eliminate the need for clear codes too and allow you to send rankings data to Konami's site

I didn't like that shit in MGS2...by the time I finished the game you could no longer input your code on Konami's site. I never found out what "animal" I got.

Top Bottom