• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Open 2017 |OT| The One Where Everyone's Injured (Or Pregnant)

coco getting dominated so bad, espn too embarrassed to host the feed

Yea, WatchESPN stream just died for me on my laptop =( My TV is on Chiefs/Patriots. "A TWO SCREEN NIGHT!" as Mike Wilbon would say

EDIT: Medical timeout for KEYS? Ughhhh, she better be all right

EDIT #2: Vandeweghe getting so angry at herself...not quite Andy Murray levels of salt yet though

clemenx

Banned
Must have been something really serious because giving all this time to Coco for free to clear up her mind may not be the best idea.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Was hoping Venus would win, but oh well. Guess I'll pull for Sloane, but would be fine either way.

that was a weird lindor commercial about strip searching federer and his chocolate balls

Was it that really old one? Weird that they'd show that.

d+pad

I'll be pulling for Sloane to win the final, but I'll be OK with Keys winning, too--especially after the show she put on in her win over Coco in the semis O_O

d+pad

I feel like Stephens has more Grand Slam Finals in her while I'm not so sure about that with Keys.

Really? I almost feel the opposite. I think Stephens could have more in her if she can get over her nerves and learn to be a bit more aggressive, but if not, I'm not so sure. Keys, on the other hand, reminds me of Kvitova. In other words, I could see her getting to getting to a handful of finals and even winning a few here and there--assuming she can replicate her play at this USO once players like Serena, Maria and Azarenka are back at full strength.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Early days, but this is probably the highest quality match of the tournament on the men's side so far. Both players looking good, neither seems affected by nerves.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Carreno Busta is so consistent, it's impressive. Really playing well. I mean, I wouldn't exactly say he's a normal finalist candidate, but he'd deserve it at this rate.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
smh, guys, come on, this is actually a really good match. show the semifinalists some respect!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Not a great service game from Anderson there once again. Shame after that really well played game to get the break.

Carreno Busta is so consistent, it's impressive. Really playing well. I mean, I wouldn't exactly say he's a normal finalist candidate, but he'd deserve it at this rate.

I'm at work still. They made the mens semi finals more catered to European audiences for obvious reasons

He's a defensive player. A very good defensive player. A spaniard so he grew up on clay being a defensive player.

He's had an astonishing easy draw. I mean his opposition has been pretty damned weak. Never even heard of his first two opponents. He was lucky to beat Shapalova. I mean he squeaked by an exhausted 18 year old in 3 tie breakers.

He's obviously a very good player, but he's going to be annihilated in the final. Especially if he faces Nadal. It will be a brutal score.

Well, I want Fed to preserve his GS record, so I will be rooting for Delpo.

Top Bottom