• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Black Friday Sale + 10% off PSN Code

Do NOT buy Just Cause 3. Game is still an absolute shit-show on consoles. Constant drops to sub 20 FPS. Don't think it ever got a Pro patch either. Wait for it to be free in a few years, and even then it's probably not worth the HD space.

Z3M0G

Do NOT buy Just Cause 3. Game is still an absolute shit-show on consoles. Constant drops to sub 20 FPS. Don't think it ever got a Pro patch either. Wait for it to be free in a few years, and even then it's probably not worth the HD space.

Pro might improve frame-rate without any patch though.

Besaide

So far it's looking like:

Far Cry Primal Apex Edition
Megadimension Neptune VII (dat price)
ESO Tamriel Unlimited
Final Fantasy 15

...but I'll wait until Friday to see if there is a flash sale or not.

Gaf impressions on ps4 versions of:
Darksiders 2
Dishonored
Mega Man legacy collection

Mega Man Legacy Collection is freakin AWESOME. This is coming from a person who had never finished a Mega Man game in the past. Just finished going through the collection a couple of weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it! Warning: Mega Man 1, 3 & 4 are extremely difficult!

MattDoza

Is Terraria cross buy? It's $2.99 on PS4, but I want the Vita version.

Edit: it is. Had to drop down to see the details.

Z3M0G

Think they are posing the question of "what if every game performed better without a Pro patch" while noting that Arkham City is sort of a misnomer. I'll edit my original post if I am mistaken.

Sorry for not understanding, so Arkham City does have "Pro code" to support the faster CPU?

DOWN

Banned
Pro might improve frame-rate without any patch though.

I thought games had to be patched to take advantage of the higher clock speeds. I could be wrong about that.

OK I'm confused by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dXvcuOFjTg

Does Arkham City have a Pro patch / support or not?

Think they are posing the question of "what if every game performed better without a Pro patch" while noting that Arkham City is sort of a misnomer. I'll edit my original post if I am mistaken.

Sorry for not understanding, so Arkham City does have "Pro code" to support the faster CPU?

Wow that's actually kinda crazy, hadn't seen that before. So weird that only one random title would seemingly run with the Pro power unlocked.
They must have a Pro patch to have any performance gain. Arkham has a patch. It just happens to be a patch that does almost nothing specific besides letting it get less bottlenecked.

Just Cause 3 will not perform better on Pro without a patch.

Dunlop

About an half an hour into Shadow of Mordor, which I just picked up for free with the $10 credit and I regret my purchase lol

So.. I'm definitely getting

Digimon Vita
Bound, mainly for VR
Hitman upgrade pack.

I might get Mad Max and I'm hoping Gundam Vs and more VR games show up during the flash sale.

Sagroth

Looking to snag Mad Max and Far Cry Primal. Hopefully Dying Light(with DLC) manages to get below $30 during the flash sale, too.

DOWN

Banned
About an half an hour into Shadow of Mordor, which I just picked up for free with the $10 credit and I regret my purchase lol
The world is bland as hell and shows that it is cross gen and the story feels like a fan fic

That said, I do want a sequel because the combat and nemesis system are good. Give the game a few hours. It's a decent 7.5

I played about an hour and gave up. I usually like these type of games and I like LoTR, but something just didn't click with me here.

Z3M0G

They must have a Pro patch to have any performance gain. Arkham has a patch. It just happens to be a patch that does almost nothing specific besides letting it get less bottlenecked.

Just Cause 3 will not perform better on Pro without a patch.
Thank you for clearing that up!!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

It picks up when the Nemesis system is introduced more properly. Then it gets pretty rote until near the end when it introduces another wrinkle into the Nemesis system...that is way OP but really fun to mess around with.

Story is meh, but there is fun to the Nemesis stuff, you just won't see any of that so early in doing the introductory fluff.

Dunlop

It picks up when the Nemesis system is introduced more properly. Then it gets pretty rote until near the end when it introduces another wrinkle into the Nemesis system...that is way OP but really fun to mess around with.

Story is meh, but there is fun to the Nemesis stuff, you just won't see any of that so early in doing the introductory fluff.

Good to know, I really picked it up to see how it looks with my Pro (I only have a 1080P TV). I knew the reviews were pretty mediocre on it but I expected at least a couple of hours of playtime before I was bored.

2 minutes in and I'm killing a mob of 12 orcs with ease

B-Dex

Tales from the borderlands is such a good price. Also finally getting mad max. Thank you credit from October.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dammit guys, I hesitated getting Bloodborne Complete edition when it was on sale last week and wound up not getting it. Feel so ashamed now! :'(

Why did you hesitate? I'm sure it will go on sale again soon enough (PSN Xmas sale likely...)

DOWN

Banned
Good to know, I really picked it up to see how it looks with my Pro (I only have a 1080P TV). I knew the reviews were pretty mediocre on it but I expected at least a couple of hours of playtime before I was bored.

2 minutes in and I'm killing a mob of 12 orcs with ease
Just let them really unlock the nemesis mechanics. It's quite fresh and intriguing and I'll be surprised if we don't see another game or two in the next couple of years trying to copy it somewhat.

xabbott

Copped I am Setsuna & Batman: The Telltale Series.

I have $8.25 left over, how good is Mad Max?

I enjoyed it a lot but I was in the mood for an Ubisoft style open world game when I bought it during a sale. The story is barely there but the driving is fun and I enjoyed the batman style fighting while taking over a map and collecting things.

I enjoyed it a lot but I was in the mood for an Ubisoft style open world game when I bought it during a sale. The story is barely there but the driving is fun and I enjoyed the batman style fighting while taking over a map and collecting things.

Cool
I'm considering also getting Batman: Arkham Knight, don't know if I'm 100% on it yet but it seems like Mad Max is worthy.

Top Bottom