• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utah Governor Herbert: I will NOT vote for Donald Trump - reversing endorsement

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
This is the first of many. There's word that the NY Times will soon be posting a story about Miss Utah being assaulted by Trump.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41771852&ni...-vote-for-trump-following-despicable-comments

hJe1Ljo.png

Congressman Jason Chaffetz has also revoked his endorsement.
http://fox13now.com/2016/10/07/congressman-jason-chaffetz-withdraws-his-endorsement-of-donald-trump/

Congressman Jason Chaffetz said he is withdrawing his support for Donald Trump Friday after a video surfaced showing the Republican candidate for president making vulgar remarks in 2005 about touching and kissing women without their consent.

Chaffetz, a Republican representing Utah’s Third Congressional District, appeared on Fox 13 News at Nine Friday, saying: “I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine.”

Kelly Ayotte
Kelly Ayotte – Verified account ‏@KellyAyotte

I will not vote for Donald Trump. Read my statement here:
CuQY_FSWYAAMjRK.jpg

bigkrev

There's word that the NY Times will soon be posting a story about Miss Utah being assaulted by Trump.

Talk about burying the lead

He's fucking DONE if that's a real story

This is the craziest election I've ever witnessed or read about. Just when you think there's nothing left that could really surprise you... boom! hot mic audio about grabbing women by the pussy. What???

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The smart Republicans would jump ship now. The ship is dead in the water AND on fire at this point. Your future on the national stage is done if people can just tie you to this campaign.

The real winners are the members of the GOP who already denounced Trump or wouldnt endorse him and kept silent. And as usual, Ted Cruz loses big with his late endorsement lol

Yeah, this is nice and a good start but Trump will still win Utah. Let's seem some of the closer-race states have officials come out to denounce Trump.

Measley

The Clinton attack machine is going for the jugular.

They literally saved everything for October, and they're not done yet.

The smart Republicans would jump ship now. The ship is dead in the water AND on fire at this point. Your future on the national stage is done if people can just tie you to this campaign.

The real winners are the members of the GOP who already denounced Trump or wouldnt endorse him and kept silent. And as usual, Ted Cruz loses big with his late endorsement lol

Kasich is especially looking good for refusing to ever endorse Trump. Jeb Bush looks fairly good as well.

Ted Cruz looks like a complete buffoon.

Zubz

Banned
Hopefully this turns into a trend. I mean, the best part is having the Republican Party turn their backs on Trump/hopefully implode a little, but having Ted Cruz crumble like the other Republicans towards Trump, only to have a chunk of them finally grow a spine would be some pretty sweet icing on this cake.

I'm listening to Chaffetz on CNN and just fuck him. "Oh my 15 year old daughter" but where the fuck were you when he was demeaning and degrading Mexicans and African-Americans and Muslims and immigrants? Fuck you, you piece of shit.

faisal233

I'm listening to Chaffetz on CNN and just fuck him. "Oh my 15 year old daughter" but where the fuck were you when he was demeaning and degrading Mexicans and African-Americans and Muslims and immigrants? Fuck you, you piece of shit.

Umm.. his daughter isn't a mexican, african american muslim immigrant. You can't possibly expect him to empathize.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Why does it seem like everything was good for the Mormon politicians until he said something overtly sexual. That drew the line for you, not everything else?

Quixzlizx

Also, they were all fine with him insulting, bullying, and demeaning women. It's just the sex stuff that has given them the vapors.

I think more Republicans are going to realize that all of their seats are going to be heavily contested in 2020 if they don't start abandoning the Trump ship now.

And the ones that were smart and kept their mouth shut for the entirety of 2016 are going to be just fine.

Romney, the Bushes, Ben Sasse, Lindsey Graham (not sure about that one), there were a few. Not enough.

Graham went in on Trump from the beginning. He knew how much of a piece of shit he was and said as much whenever he was asked about him.

But yeah there weren't enough of them speaking out against Trump. I give Lindsey credit though, he was the first to take him seriously.

Plissken

Why does it seem like everything was good for the Mormon politicians until he said something overtly sexual. That drew the line for you, not everything else?

Remember, the LDS church didn't allow African Americans to hold the Priesthood until the late 70's. They are not who I would look to for taking the lead in speaking out against Trump.

watershed

Banned

And Trump has been demeaning and insulting women since the primaries too. It's the language that makes this the deal breaker. Chaffetz and company are running scared.

RoKKeR

Honestly never thought I'd say this, but I am proud of my congressional representative (Chaffiz) and our governor. Glad that their party lines have not gotten in the way of their principles like so many other spineless Republican hacks.

Would love to think that Trump will not win Utah. I'm not sure if it will be Hillary, but it won't be Trump.

Phased

Meanwhile poor Cruz literally just endorsed the guy (likely) because of pressure from his base.

How does he go from saying "I can't support someone who said that about my wife" to phonebanking for Trump and now this? Can't wait to hear the spin.

I'll still give them credit for at least admitting they were wrong. It's something a lot of people cannot do.

Are they though? Or are they okay when he's a racist or a bigot but all of a sudden clutching their pearls because "mah wife and daughters". Doesn't make them any better. They still enabled this piece of shit, which makes them pieces of shit.

hillary smoking a cigarette by an open window with a glass of whiskey in the other hand, staring at the night sky house of cards style right now

Yagharek

Also, they were all fine with him insulting, bullying, and demeaning women. It's just the sex stuff that has given them the vapors.

True.

I think we see here the meat and potatoes of the christian conservative element of the republican party.

Bullying, harassment, war, insults, misogyny, racism are all part of their normal behaviour. But bragging about sexual behaviour is where the puritanical hypocrites draw the sand in the line. They may be buffoons, but they have a moral charade to maintain.

Hopefully many more disendorsements follow.

I'll still give them credit for at least admitting they were wrong. It's something a lot of people cannot do.

They aren't admitting they were wrong because they are good people with a conscience or something. They just hitched themselves to a ship which is currently sinking and also on fire and are just trying desperately to abandon that ship like rats to save their political careers.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Honestly never thought I'd say this, but I am proud of my congressional representative (Chaffiz) and our governor. Glad that their party lines have not gotten in the way of their principles like so many other spineless Republican hacks.

Would love to think that Trump will not win Utah. I'm not sure if it will be Hillary, but it won't be Trump.

This seems like they are covering their political career. So they are still spineless at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom