• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Utah Governor Herbert: I will NOT vote for Donald Trump - reversing endorsement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im pleased and pissed at this. It is ok for trump to be racist, make racist comments and policy both overtly and subtly but that's ok to these people, yet him saying something sexist is the worse thing ever? Don't get me wrong, his pussy comment is completely wrong too.

Bleepey

I am laughing at the fact If Ted Cruz waited a week he'd have come out quite well, but alas he bent the knee and had to heel. DefeaTED. Sad.

Arkeband

Banned
Im pleased and pissed at this. It is ok for trump to be racist, make racist comments and policy both overtly and subtly but that's ok to these people, yet him saying something sexist is the worse thing ever? Don't get me wrong, his pussy comment is completely wrong too.

America is racist as fuck but we're also sexually repressed prudes.

Also his comments towards women have always negatively affected him, they're half the population.

CHC

Has anyone checked on Mitt Romney? He must be daydreaming at jumping in now to 'save the day'.

UqUkyGy.jpg

That's the latest and the only thing he's said about this.

Keasar

Oh NOW what he says is awful!?

Not like, any of the sexist, racist, bigoted, violence inducing stuff that he has talked about during his entire campaign?

NOW they finally start to fucking react.

At this point it's hard to see anything less than a Clinton landslide as a disgrace.

Like what else could possibly come out to make people see what a lunatic this guy really is.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Ted Cruz is the most miserable sack of shit on the planet right now.

cugrvynueaehwt8.jpg
this might be the best phot of Cruz I've ever seen.

This gif is great.

I love how I read an article about trumps latest and they're like hillary had her own shit when wikileaks leaked excerpts from her speeches. I read what they released and I honestly don't see what's wrong with them

Surfinn

THIS is where he draws the line? Lol. Well better late than never.

Hopefully NYT publishes their story and other women come forward.

120v

utah pols sure were quick to jump ship

can't wait to see the rest of them squirm the next 30 days or so

effzee

As a father to daughters, husband, and son to a mom...

WTF but you don't know any Mexican, Muslims, or black people?

This and only this was the line? And why can't you call this out for what it is without admitting you have female family? Otherwise you can't see or realize assault and rape culture is wrong?

Dafuq?

Makonero

This and only this was the line? And why can't you call this out for what it is without admitting you have female family? Otherwise you can't see or realize assault and rape culture is wrong?

Dafuq?
Upper white middle class folk often don't know any minorities personally. But everyone has important women in their lives.

And the reason this is the line is because there's no reasonable doubt or explanation. It's on tape, it's factual and there's no excuse.

And no, for some reason Republicans have to mention their female relatives because that's the women that matter to them. They have a hard time having empathy outside their social circle.

Mahonay

Banned

Dafuq?
Yeah it's pretty depressing.

The primary reason this was such a huge deal is that 50 percent of the population is female.

Makai

Dafuq?
He already said similar stuff during the primary. I think people are coming out now because they are now the nominees for their own seats and don't risk getting primaried.

MJPIA

Didn't think it was worth a new thread since there will probably be more but one more domino has toppled.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...econd-gop-lawmaker-rescinds-trump-endorsement
A second Republican House member has recanted her endorsement for Donald Trump in the wake of leaked tapes revealing the GOP presidential nominee’s vulgar talk about groping women.

Rep. Martha Roby (R-Ala.) on Saturday morning released a statement denouncing Trump.
CuQClJMW8AEuqls.jpg:large

This guy didn't endorse him but I don't think he has called on him to drop out until now.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-third-gop-senator-calls-on-trump-to-drop-out
Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Saturday morning became the third Republican senator to call for Donald Trump to drop out of the presidential race after he was caught on leaked tapes speaking vulgarly about groping women.
https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/784726683920297984?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Character matters.
@realDonaldTrump is obviously not going to win.
But he can still make an honorable move:
Step aside & let Mike Pence try.

Apparently all his other crap wasn't bad enough but crosses the line.

jblank83

1. It's sad that all the horrible things he's said up to now have, apparently, been ok for some people.

2. "Trump is literally Satan, but I hate democrats, so I won't vote for Clinton." Pathetic politics, tbqh.

Haunted

Not like, any of the sexist, racist, bigoted, violence inducing stuff that he has talked about during his entire campaign?

Seems like this was the drop that spilled the cup.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
1. It's sad that all the horrible things he's said up to now have, apparently, been ok for some people.

2. "Trump is literally Satan, but I hate democrats, so I won't vote for Clinton." Pathetic politics, tbqh.
I keep seeing people saying Clinton is a criminal or probably a criminal. They've bought it hook line and sinker. I'm Congress did what 4 investigations into Clinton and they couldn't get her on anything?

johnsmith

remember me
Kelly Ayotte
Kelly Ayotte – Verified account ‏@KellyAyotte

I will not vote for Donald Trump. Read my statement here:
CuQY_FSWYAAMjRK.jpg

Phased

Out of all of the things he's said.... Making fun of a disabled person, calling an entire section of people rapists and murderers, wanting to bring back Stop and Frisk, countless scandals, wanting to ban Muslims from entering the country, insulting a Gold Star family...

THIS is going to be the thing that finally sinks him? I mean it's morally reprehensible and disgusting, but it's also not really any worse than the other stuff he's said or done. It's all just shades of the same disgusting guy we've seen since last year.

I feel like this kind of thing should have just hit him and rolled off of his back like everything else (although they definitely hurt his poll numbers)

I'm not making light of sexual assault or any of that. This is absolutely disgusting stuff, but in the grand scheme of Trump this isn't THAT far out there for him.

Dafuq?

THIS is where he draws the line? Lol. Well better late than never.

Hopefully NYT publishes their story and other women come forward.

Exactly.
It does seem pretty fucking random to draw the line here, or that the cup spilled over just now.
It's just that they have Trump on audio saying bad, naughty words, otherwise many could just excuse away all the other allegations of predatory behavior, or his other bullshit.
Can't wait for all the documentaries and books that will come out of this period in history.

aeolist

Banned
anyone withdrawing endorsements now was fine with everything he did up until the tape

any republican offended by this "attack" on women should be nailed to the wall for trying to destroy planned parenthood

the fact that this is what it took to bring him low is the worst condemnation of right-wing politics i can think of and the ultimate confirmation that the only thing that matters is appearance

Mahonay

Banned
anyone withdrawing endorsements now was fine with everything he did up until the tape

any republican offended by this "attack" on women should be nailed to the wall for trying to destroy planned parenthood

the fact that this is what it took to bring him low is the worst condemnation of right-wing politics i can think of and the ultimate confirmation that the only thing that matters is appearance
Yep. These same fuckheads coming out and denouncing Trump are the politicians who want to completely shut down Planned Parenthood to directly deny millions of women support.

KarmaCow

I guess regardless of the intent it's good that these statements are coming out since it probably convince some of the Republican base to not vote for him but these statements just come off like political opportunism to get off the sinking ship.

These fucking shits are just protecting their own asses. If they thought he still had a good chance to win they wouldn't pull their endorsements. They know he's fucked, so are doing the most sensible and self-beneficial thing. Only the most delusional, who think Trump can still win it, will stay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom