• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

Baha

NolbertoS said:
So what's with the "Good things come in 3's hint" so far it's 1-0-3-6-_? I'm hoping it's not an attempt of seeing a 360 release?? Awfully fishy, but nonetheless, I loved it on the PS3.

True but it wouldn't make sense with the 10 in front. I'm still stumped and really hope it has to do with the dlc.

Defuser

NolbertoS said:
So what's with the "Good things come in 3's hint" so far it's 1-0-3-6-_? I'm hoping it's not an attempt of seeing a 360 release?? Awfully fishy, but nonetheless, I loved it on the PS3.
BADGE?

Trophies?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
NolbertoS said:

Hmm, maybe it is an October release of Valkyria on the 360.

I mean, good things definitely go on three-
sixty

gokieks

I would think a major announcement like it being released on 360 would be put out in a more formal way than through Twitter (and also would've expected it to happen in Japan first). But we'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Defuser said:
Threesome between Alicia,Welkin and Selvaria.

qy7d5i.jpg

Yazuka

And here I thought Sega was going to annonce something we could understand!
Ohboy, did they fool me. They sure did. -.-

Owensboro

Paracelsus said:
._.

10/3-6-9 (multiples).

Hooray for cryptic messages?

Um.. Hrmmm

3-6-9 = Day-Month-Year? (June 3rd, 2009)
10 = cost? ($10 total or $10 a piece)

That's my best guess. How much did the DLC cost when it was released in Japan?

vag 2.0

Didn't it bomb so utterly hard that we can't even be sure we'll get the DLC? It'd be pretty awesome if it did come out on the 360 though, I've been raving about it to some of my non-ps3 owning friends hard.

Also, watching the trailers for the Japanese DLC is pretty hilarious - an anti-tank sniper rifle and ruhm as bonuses?

well I'll give you one thing Hcoregamer, by the time we actually get the DLC it'll certainly feel like 2010 by then!

I've moved on from Valkyria Chronicles and am worried that I won't be interested in the DLC when it finally comes :*(

Volcynika

vag 2.0 said:
Didn't it bomb so utterly hard that we can't even be sure we'll get the DLC? It'd be pretty awesome if it did come out on the 360 though, I've been raving about it to some of my non-ps3 owning friends hard.

Sega confirmed we'd be getting at least some of the DLC back in either early Jan or sometime December.

skybastos

Just as we were beginning to think that Sega had forgot about the excellent PS3 strategy-RPG, Valkyria Chronicles, the firm's confirmed new content is coming soon.

"The three new packs include Hard EX Mode, Edy's Mission 'Enter the Edy Detachment', and Selvaria's Mission 'Behind Her Blue Flame'," Sega tells us, adding, "Each of the three new packs will supply players with a brand new experience."

DLC will be out this "spring"

computerandvideogames

:)

Volcynika

SecretBonusPoint said:
Spring isn't Q1, assholes. June either >: |

I'm sort of hoping the DLC is fairly priced and not bumrape to the fans as a source of revenue on it :/

Actually they didn't say Q1, but this is a little close to going past what they originally said

"It’s my sincere and distinct pleasure to let you know that we’re bringing those two content packs over to the US and European shores early next year. We did this to support all the fans of the game and make sure that everyone can get all the enjoyment out of the game. We hope you enjoy it!"

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...chronicles-shipping-out-today-dlc-on-the-way/

Paznos

Geez what's taking so long for the DLC to arrive here? could they be adding trophies and maybe that's causing the delay?

Volcynika

Paznos said:
Geez what's taking so long for the DLC to arrive here? could they be adding trophies and maybe that's causing the delay?

I doubt it, because I don't think it falls under Sony's "submitted in 2009 requires trophies" since it's additional content, rather than a retail product.

Volcynika

Completely non-sensical guess (DLC prolly won't come till much later) but just a random thought in m yhead after reading this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/03/16/screens-of-valkyria-chronicles-extra-episodes/

The DLC costs are roughly translated to $3, $6, and $8 according to that.

So maybe 10-3-6-9 = 10 days, $3, $6, $9 (moved up from $8)...... (10 days from when the final thing was given, which was today, so next Thursday)

Yeah not even close, since it seems wayyyyy too early. :p

EDIT: Seeing the actual Sega blog, I'm just now going to say I was dreaming of what it should be!

Baha

Well at least now we know the dlc is on the way and we won't have to wait for the 1st 2 sets of dlc to sell well if we want the 3rd dlc like they initial said back in November.

[Edit] I was right?? YES :lol :lol

nny

I need to find time to finish the game, I'm halfway and enjoying my time with it, but I have so little free time, argh :| Oh and guys? Go get them (pics on the link):

Siliconera said:
Gallia’s Finest… In Bathing Suits, Sega’s New Valkyria Chronicles Figures

"Sega is stocking capsule machines with another set of Valkyria Chronicles figures. The second collection has five characters on vacation and in casual swimwear. Quite different from the first set which had everyone in their battlefield uniforms. Each one costs 400 yen ($4) and are limited so get seek them while they’re hot."

:p

Crisco

Banned
I borrowed this game from a friend (who didn't like it very much) and have been playing through it. I feel kinda bad since I like it a lot but haven't paid any money for it, and I know it struggled at retail. I'll probably buy the DLC just for the hell of it, so I feel like I've "done my part".

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
It seems that Play-Asia is not stocking Valkyria stuff outside of the game, because there is not a peep on the artbook and the swimsuit figures.

Top Bottom