• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

Durante

JudgeN said:
Valkyria Chronicles gameranking is an 86%, reviewers JRPG reviews redeemed?
96% would be redeemed. 86% is just barely good enough though. What is interesting is that a SRPG is now the highest ranked HD (and thus, in fact, current gen) JRPG.

rykomatsu

cover of VC vol 1

ss2603.jpg

went on-sale yesterday (2 days ago Japan time)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Durante said:
96% would be redeemed. 86% is just barely good enough though. What is interesting is that a SRPG is now the highest ranked HD (and thus, in fact, current gen) JRPG.

I think the ratings are fine, the game is not perfect, so it shouldn't get perfect ratings.

With that said, it is one of the best RPG experiences in a long time, regardless of rating.

Brandson

Baha said:
It's still $60 at Bestbuy despite them being out of stock. It's $70 at Futureshop though and they're sold out too..

Listed at $53.99 at amazon.ca with free shipping. It's not in stock though but not a bad price.

Hcoregamer00

RpgN said:
Your wish is my command :D

Are you on my Friend's list in PSN?

My PSN name is Hcoregamer00 if I am not on your friends list.

Also, those figures are great, I want the Jane, Selvaria, Rosie, Alicia, and Edy figures.

RpgN

Hcoregamer00 said:

Also, those figures are great, I want the Jane, Selvaria, Rosie, Alicia, and Edy figures.

I don't think I am. Well no worries, I'll fix that in a second :D

RpgN

rykomatsu said:
mind if i add you guys too?

rykomatsu (i think) on PSN...
or MelloBoy...i forget which is linked to which account

Awww, be my guest <3

After you figure which account is your main one, add me. It's the same as my nickname here.

Facism

Hcoregamer00 said:

I'll add you to mine, if you don't mind.

Durante too. If it's the same as your GAF user :p

ooh i see it's an adding orgy now.

My PSN is Live_Feed. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Hcoregamer00

Facism said:
I'll add you to mine, if you don't mind.

Durante too. If it's the same as your GAF user :p

ooh i see it's an adding orgy now.

My PSN is Live_Feed. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Don't worry, I will add anyone to my friends list that posts in here.

How could I not add fellow Valkyria Chronicles fans?

rykomatsu said:
mind if i add you guys too?

rykomatsu (i think) on PSN...
or MelloBoy...i forget which is linked to which account

Send me a friend requst :D

Kagari said:

I hope they sell the manga in Kinokuniya, I will be stopping by there sometime next week :D

Facism

Cheers.

I'll be buying the DLC when it comes in the hope that the sales made 'encourage' a sequel and it's subsequent localisation. The combat systems are great and have a lot of scope for additions and refinements.

rykomatsu

Hcoregamer00 said:
I hope they sell the manga in Kinokuniya, I will be stopping by there sometime next week :D

You can always special order at kinokuniya...no extra charge, atleast at the west coast stores...they have a long yen to dollar+markup conversion table somewhere that they just go by. 2~4 week wait though.

added a bunch of you guys...thanks :)

Baha

Guess I'll join the party, PSN: BahaFS. I haven't been on lately though thanks to L4D on PC. I still have to finish my 2nd playthrough for 100% completion.

ibu

Still haven't recieved ONE copy of the game in the local Zavvi, im gonna pick it up there as I will get me a nice discount too.

Shit looks like im gonna have to order it now!

Durante

Hcoregamer00 said:
I think the ratings are fine, the game is not perfect, so it shouldn't get perfect ratings.
I'm of the "10 is not perfect" school of thought, but it's really no big deal.
Hcoregamer00 said:
With that said, it is one of the best RPG experiences in a long time, regardless of rating.
Absolutely.

I added everyone who posted about it here to my friends list, I still have quite a long way to go before I reach the cap :D
(My PSN ID is DuranteA)

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm trying to get this game only problem is ( the online retailer i get all my games at):
Ships within 15-30 days

buuuhuuu :(

jiggle

add me too >.>

on a game related note
should i killl off characters just so i could get new ones? I got all the characters that I wanted, but on their "likes" i noticed i'm missing a few ppl.
Is there a limit of how many characters will join?

bigdaddygamebot on PSN.

Add me if'n ya wanna.

Bought this game a month ago and just getting into it now. Fuck...I had forgotten how nice it is to play an SRPG...

Relaxing and stimulating all at the same time.

AKS

JudgeN said:
Valkyria Chronicles gameranking is an 86%, reviewers JRPG reviews redeemed?

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/942165.asp

I think 86% is a bit too low for this game, but it's not bad I guess. I don't put much weight into reviews, especially for niche titles (a Japanese SRPG does not exactly suggest a game with massive mainstream appeal) and JRPGs. I've been playing JRPGs longer than most of the reviewers and am rarely impressed with their JRPG reviews.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game has such a charming cast and some really nice character development and stuff. I am really surprised by this one.

Top Bottom