• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles |OT| Beautiful art meets genre-redefining gameplay

Yazuka

Hcoregamer00 said:
I would prefer a Skies of Arcadia 2 with the Valkyria Chronicles engine.

But that is just me :p
Oh, its not just you. A bunch of people I've want the exact same thing! Including me!
That would be so damn sweet if it would happen. Or a remake of Skies of Arcadia with VC engine. I wouldn't care either way, I just want something.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wait what Fighters Megamix 2 where?? Gimme!

More D ranks ta report in cause I am super awesome like that! C6 and Largo's Passion were just to hard for me! Somehow I B'd C7 even though by the end I only had two people and the tank left x_x and also C8-1 which I died and had to restart a couple times. Speaking of C8-1....
ahhhhh stupid ultra cliche sprained ankle rage!
How come Ms. Ellet reported lady isn't in the personnel tab? I mean they got like every other character in there even ones more minor then her.... even a pig! o_O

Before I continue I guess I oughta spend some of my exp and money huh? I got like 75000/120000 built up. I just dunno what ta spend it on especially not the money! I got a new type of machine gun but its range blows and it doesn't show up in the R & D to upgrade so whats the point?

jiggle

I wouldn't want SoA2 with this engine. It needs something more vibrant/saturated.

So, i just discovered Scout and Defense+ order is like the best thing ever :X

Defuser

Does this mean no one speaks ill of Kati mannequin too?She looks totally similar to Eleanor in terms of looks.

Anyway,I decided to try out Hard skirmish thinking how bad can it be. So I pick the first skirmish and holy shit!! It's like rape from front and back. I hate to see other skirmish maps with hard mode.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So what's the best way to deal with ch. 4's
rush the enemy base
? I thought I had an idea by really only advancing like 4 units + tank but there are way too many active tanks. I can occupy the first two bases but then it gets hairy. I'm trying to rush. :(

zoku88

You know, instead of having 'capture the flag' missions, they should have had 'capture and hold the flag for a certain amount of turns' missions.

For realz, what does 1 scout capturing a flag really do if the enemy could just as easily take it back in the next term if not for the game stopping the mission right there?

patsu

Y2Kev said:
rush the enemy base
? I thought I had an idea by really only advancing like 4 units + tank but there are way too many active tanks. I can occupy the first two bases but then it gets hairy. I'm trying to rush. :(

After the first 2 bases, I sent Rosie and Alicia via the back alley and broken wall to take the 3rd base. Use grenade. A shocktrooper is tough and can usually hold his/her position with ragnite healing. If killed, a scout can still make it to the battle area all the way from the first camp in 1-2 turns.

Defuser

Y2Kev said:
rush the enemy base
If you don't have the those necessary orders,it's best you don't rush.

Pff, Herbert is by far the best character. Having his "Moody"-trait proc while your tank is in critical condition feels like such a blessing each time.

Carmilla

Banned
I was just slaughtered by
her
in chapter 7. After I recovered from my Shock I found myself both furious and surprised. The only time I ever experienced a beating this bad in a SRPG was that back to back battle in FFT, Ramza vs Wiegraf or some such. Since then I've learned to save about 12,234 different times in games like this so I'm not screwed or anything but simply astonished. My defeat was completely my fault as well. I was over cocky with troop placement and underestimated the enemies...well, everything.

Well done Sega. Well done.

Y2Kev

This game is just so great. I was just playing, driving the tank and the music just suddenly got really loud and I could hear everything so clealry, see all the beautiful effects and animation, and it just felt so right. I absolutely love this...

zoku88

Hcoregamer00 said:
Well, you could have a sniper team with Catherine and Marina.

I wont contest the both of them, they are both charming.
Well, I just said thatt since Elanoar (sp?) was a sniper in the 1st war.

Now, if he really did have Marina as a 3rd fav character, then that would be funny :lol

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
zoku88 said:
Well, I just said thatt since Elanoar (sp?) was a sniper in the 1st war.

Now, if he really did have Marina as a 3rd fav character, then that would be funny :lol

I am surprised he picked Catherine over Marina since Marina seems to be a forum favorite.

I guess many people here can relate to a lone wolf. Personally I like them both with a slight preference to Catherine.

zoku88

rykomatsu said:
i was going more for the age route...yoko's older but eleanor's pretty old herself :p
Oh, Yoko is that old lancer lady? I didn't actually get her in the game, I think. I forget who she was.

Hcoregamer00

rykomatsu said:
i was going more for the age route...yoko's older but eleanor's pretty old herself :p

From the looks of it, Elanor and Catherine aged more gracefully than Yoko.

Of course, I say that pointing that Yoko along with Jann are my favorite of the Anti-Tank people. I said it before and I will say it again, Yoko is freaking awesome.

Shouta

I use Marina when she's isolated but eh, I like Catherine's potentials more and I like her design more.

Also, 35 ain't that old (Eleanor and Catherine are that age), unless you're like 19 or something.

Defuser

Shouta said:
Also, 35 ain't that old (Eleanor and Catherine are that age), unless you're like 19 or something.
The thing is they're kinda hot for their age of course you would be saying 35 isn't that old lol.

Shouta

Defuser said:
The thing is they're kinda hot for their age of course you would be saying 35 isn't that old lol.

(neutral) Defuser
Mouthbreathing pedo
(Today, 06:56 PM)

But really, It doesn't matter. If they were 25, they be hot and womanly looking.

Hcoregamer00

Defuser said:

Kinda? It seems like aging is rarely seen the world of Valkyria.

Wavy and General Jaeger are the same age as Elanor and doesn't look like real world equivalent (Largo looks like his age). Hell, General Gregor looks fairly young for a guy reaching the age of 60.

Defuser

I comment them looking good for their age, in result I got tag quoted...you never changed gaf... I don't even know how I got tagged as a pedo. :|

Hcoregamer00

Defuser said:
I comment them looking good for their age, in result I got tag quoted...you never changed gaf... I don't even know how I got tagged as a pedo.

Yeah, it is strange, your posts don't come off pedo-ish (unlike a certain other person who justifiably got a pedo tag and wears it proudly).

Maybe you were in an anime discussion and said something that was misconstrued?

Defuser

Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, it is strange, your posts don't come off pedo-ish (unlike a certain other person who justifiably got a pedo tag and wears it proudly).

Maybe you were in an anime discussion and said something that was misconstrued?
The only thing I remember is that nerdiest quality thread in the OT where I get the mouthbreathing but damn sure not the pedo part. I wish somebody would change my tag.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Defuser said:
The only thing I remember is that nerdiest quality thread in the OT where I get the mouthbreathing but damn sure not the pedo part. I wish somebody would change my tag.
I'm sure you're going to end up with something worse if you keep asking. ;)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Defuser said:
Lets play gaf search time!

As you said the mouthbreathing part obviously came from this post. Now there is a chance that whatever you edited/in out was the cause of the tag since you did edit that post right after being tagged. But ignoring that there are plenty of other posts to have caused your pedo tag:

Defuser said:
Defuser said:
Defuser said:
Defuser said:

;)

mAcOdIn

Marina is the shit as far as snipers go. I don't know why Edy or whatever was supposedly so popular, she sucks. Wendy and Rosie are both better shocktroopers.

Hcoregamer00

mAcOdIn said:
Marina is the shit as far as snipers go. I don't know why Edy or whatever was supposedly so popular, she sucks. Wendy and Rosie are both better shocktroopers.

It's probably because of her attitude that is commonly known as "Tsundere" in Anime circles. There is always one in an anime, but it is becoming more common in videogames since there is some overlap in fanbases.

Personally I don't get the fascination with her because she hates Rosie (automatic negative points in my book), and gets panicky when going headfirst into battle. Jane, Wendy, and Rosie make a far better team of Shocktroopers.

Also the guy with the glasses is pretty darn good too (forgot what his name is).

Defuser

grandjedi6 said:
Lets play gaf search time!

As you said the mouthbreathing part obviously came from this post. Now there is a chance that whatever you edited/in out was the cause of the tag since you did edit that post right after being tagged. But ignoring that there are plenty of other posts to have caused your pedo tag:

;)
Master of search indeed but...
3 of the posts you found can't be implied me = pedo since these post was aimed at something else.

mAcOdIn

Hcoregamer00 said:
It's probably because of her attitude that is commonly known as "Tsundere" in Anime circles. There is always one in an anime, but it is becoming more common in videogames since there is some overlap in fanbases.

Personally I don't get the fascination with her because she hates Rosie (automatic negative points in my book), and gets panicky when going headfirst into battle. Jane, Wendy, and Rosie make a far better team of Shocktroopers.

Also the guy with the glasses is pretty darn good too (forgot what his name is).
Noce, I thought he was a chick on my small ass TV.

Hcoregamer00

mAcOdIn said:
Noce, I thought he was a chick on my small ass TV.

No, Noce was the scout who had a crush on Alicia. I killed his annoying ass off, along with 5 other people that irritated me (like Cesary).

The guy is a shocktrooper, has black hair parted in two ways, wears glasses and has the "fatalistic" potential when his HP goes down very fast. His name escapes me, but he is pretty damn cool in my book.

I also finally learned the name of the Engineer I use so much, her name is Nadine. It only took me 50 hours and constant usage to learn her name :lol

Defuser

Hcoregamer00 said:

She's not a Tsundere.

Edy has good potentials which outweights her bad potentials. Her panicky rarely kick in when I'm using her.

She's the 'spokeswomen' for the Valkyria blog and she talks different from the rest.

Hcoregamer00

Defuser said:
She's not a Tsundere.

Edy has good potentials which outweights her bad potentials. Her panicky rarely kick in when I'm using her.

Whatever, her personality is the type that would appeal to anime fans, whether you classify her as that or not. There is a reason why her personality type is starting to become more and more ubiquitous in anime.

Y2Kev

This thread is like half gameplay discussion half through-the-looking-glass otaku convention. :D

Top Bottom