• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

Defunkled said:
Has this game made anyone else want to go back and play other Platinum/Clover Studio games? I'm on a huge kick right now and I'm running around town trying to track down Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2. The sad part is that at one point I had all of these games but I'm an IDIOT and sold them...at least I still have God Hand.
Yeah. I've had an urge to play Okami and God Hand the past few days.

panda21

oh wow the unknown is so good

i love the animation on it when you expose the little guy

and can you disable the romanov's aiming or something by shooting them in the head enough? i noticed that once their head is all blue sparks they seem to just go nuts and shoot randomly rather than targeting you so much.

Animator

Finally managed to beat challenge 1! wooooooooooooooooot!! :lol

Some crazy fucker on the ps3 leaderboards managed to beat it in 3 minutes, I dont know how thats possible. The bogey alone took me like 8 minutes to beat.

TheOddOne

Boom: Zenimax buys Tango and Shinji Mikami
Zenimax just confirmed it’s bought Tango Gameworks and, with it, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

“It’s refreshing to find a publisher who understands, trusts, and supports the development of blockbuster games and works to make it a collaborative effort,” said Mikami.

“The library of AAA franchise titles ZeniMax owns speaks for itself. We are very excited to be joining ZeniMax and working with a company that is dedicated to creating the best games ever made.”

The studio, based in Tokyo, will stay under Mikami’s direction.

“Shinji Mikami has earned a stellar reputation as one of the industry’s finest game developers,” said Zenimax chief Robert Altman.

“He has repeatedly created hit titles that have earned praise from fans and critics around the world. We share his vision for innovative, genre-defining games and look forward to working with Shinji and his team at Tango.”

Nothing was mentioned in the press release of any specific dev project. Mikami’s most recent title is Sega shooter Vanquish, developed at Platinum.

The move is the latest in a string of high profile buys for Zenimax, which include id Software and Arkane Studios.
John Carmack x Shinji Mikami

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
mjemirzian said:
Now featuring the Gamebryo engine.:D

God, I hope not.

Defunkled said:
Wait, does this mean he'll no longer be involved with Platinum?

No clue. Mikami was never actually a Platinum employee. Tango was his actual company from the beginning.

54-46!

I neeed this game on PC with Steam and achivements.. this game would be so goddam awesome in 1080p with 60fps.

Sega - put out a Bayonetta / Vanquish combo pack!

Lyonaz

Finished the game yesterday for the first time, also started right away on Hard. :lol
Game was brutal, but I loved every moment of it.

GAME IS AWESOMESAUCE!:D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
DevelopmentArrested said:
newb question - how do you manually start AR mode

Vanquish is one of those games where playing through the tutorial is highly beneficial.

Are there any Vanquish deals going on or coming up? I am going to buy it soon, but would like to get the best deal possible if there are any going on or coming soon.

Defunkled said:
Has this game made anyone else want to go back and play other Platinum/Clover Studio games? I'm on a huge kick right now and I'm running around town trying to track down Okami and Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2. The sad part is that at one point I had all of these games but I'm an IDIOT and sold them...at least I still have God Hand.

I'm thinking about buying Bayonetta now.

ToyMachine228 said:
Are there any Vanquish deals going on or coming up? I am going to buy it soon, but would like to get the best deal possible if there are any going on or coming soon.

Starting the 31st, Kmart will have Vanquish for 35 bucks.

Defunkled said:
You can find VJ at gamestop for about 3 bucks.

Animator

Is there a trick to getting the "shoot down two floating turrets" in act 3-3 (3-4?) where you are riding the tram and shooting down spotlights. I have tried like 50 times and I cant kill either one of them, ARS mode doesnt work either because the trams front is blocking your view.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
vanq_full.png

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/56823.htm#

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Animator said:
Is there a trick to getting the "shoot down two floating turrets" in act 3-3 (3-4?) where you are riding the tram and shooting down spotlights. I have tried like 50 times and I cant kill either one of them, ARS mode doesnt work either because the trams front is blocking your view.

You still need to use ARS mode, but don't stay at the front of the tram. Snipe from the very back. Your shot won't be blocked from there.

Chrysalis

Hey...wasn't there supposed to be a second Vanquish demo released back on the 22nd in the US and EU? Anybody know what happened? Am I just not seeing it?

man, i'm getting my ass handed to me on normal :E in Act 2 and so far i've gotten one-shotted about five times and never knew what the hell even happened. one time i think i touched some energy field wall.. insta-death :E

game is brutal to me. BUT really, really damn amazing. i think the
train level
was the best one of its kind i've ever seen in a game. absolutely astonishing with some insane choreography going on.

i really need to get better at managing the AR gauge... i keep overheating by accident or badly-timed melee and then die in 2 seconds. grrr.

Phenomic

This has probably been asked a thousand times but I don't feel like searching through pages and pages lol.

What did they patch with 25MB on the ps3 version?

Phenomic said:
This has probably been asked a thousand times but I don't feel like searching through pages and pages lol.

What did they patch with 25MB on the ps3 version?
No idea.

rvy said:
Yes, but how much more badass would it be in metallic black? Yeaaaaaaaaaaah!
Wouldn't add anything to the game, though. And don't say they should add a suit with new AR modes or something, because that kind of defeats what the entire game is designed around.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why not make the pre-order weapons available for everyone after you complete the game on hard or whatever ?

Dever

Banned
No idea.

Wouldn't add anything to the game, though. And don't say they should add a suit with new AR modes or something, because that kind of defeats what the entire game is designed around.

Yeah, it would kind of break the game. I suppose a "limiters off" mode might be fun to fool around in for a while, but you wouldn't be able to enter the rankings. I hope they release new Challenges.

Top Bottom