• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - HBO Comedy - [update: S2 trailer!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Ughhhhh I saw the motocross failure coming a mile away, but I had no idea Lee would be caught spitting in the coffee. That made me squirm in my seat as he tried to play it off. Should get real interesting now with him trying to win her trust back.

Chase17

"He's an inexperienced rider" "I've done it one time before"

Really enjoying this show. As others have said, Ray is great. Next week looks promising,
nice to see the return of the kids/

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Snodgrass is such a cutie.

mI8STMk.gif

kevin1025

Banned
Shea Whigham is one of my favorites, so glad he's in this show. He was incredible in Boardwalk Empire, and any time he's with Michael Shannon (in Boardwalk and Take Shelter) is always gold. He's killing it in this show, too!

Also, Russell should know by now, always spit in the coffee facing the wall. Jeez!

SpecX

Ughhhhh I saw the motocross failure coming a mile away, but I had no idea Lee would be caught spitting in the coffee. That made me squirm in my seat as he tried to play it off. Should get real interesting now with him trying to win her trust back.

I knew it was going to happen, but was hoping to be proved wrong. Lee man, the next couple weeks will be interesting seeing how he gets out of this situation. He got too comfortable and now he's got his work cut out for him.

I like how Danny McBride plays the same character every time.

I can't believe Boyd Crowder got out of prison and became a vice principal in South Carolina. He's a sassy goon now.

nampad

So will Russel's mother in law ever become something else except the angry asian women? It was fun for like 3 times but now it just seems like "hey look at that chinky chink yelling".

Bread

Banned
So will Russel's mother in law ever become something else except the angry asian women? It was fun for like 3 times but now it just seems like "hey look at that chinky chink yelling".
jeez what is up with people and thinking this show has some crazy racist undertones...

hokahey

Shea Whigham is one of my favorites, so glad he's in this show. He was incredible in Boardwalk Empire, and any time he's with Michael Shannon (in Boardwalk and Take Shelter) is always gold. He's killing it in this show, too!

Also, Russell should know by now, always spit in the coffee facing the wall. Jeez!

Absolutely. As a BWE fanatic, I am so happy to have him in a new show.

Great episode, just keeps getting better. And Ray is secretly the best character. That scene at the track the look on his face he wants Neil to succeed as much as his daughter and Mrs. Snodgrass, and looked the most dissapointed with the results.

Masterclass show.
Poor Ray was so heartbroken Neil wouldn't get another chance to do the "12 O'clock"

Grinchy

Banned
I can imagine a scene where Ray rushes to push Gamby out of the way of an oncoming bus, gets killed by it, and Gamby just goes to the funeral and complains about what a shitty person Ray was the whole time.

I legit had to pause the episode after that scene and take a break. I was cringing waaaay to hard.

The show hadn't yet made me cringe to death, but I can't remember the last time anything I watched made me squirm as much as the spit scene here. Gooooooootdamn that was awkward.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Man I can't believe we're already a third of the way through! This show has the potential to be something really great and memorable by the time all 18 episodes have aired. I can see why they've described it as a 9 hour movie. These characters' arcs are fantastic and hilarious.

I just caught up with this shown, been meaning to watch it since it premiered since I love EB&D, plus it has Shea Whigham and Walter Goggins? Don't know why I waited this long, honestly. The last three episodes were especially great. For some reason I thought this season was only 6 episodes, so I'm happy to see there's still 3 more episodes to go. Love how every few episodes you get a different look into a characters personal life, changing how you view them.

UncleMeat

I just started and caught up with the show this week. First thing I did was was search "Ray" to see if anybody else loved him; GAF doesn't disappoint.

Man I can't believe we're already a third of the way through! This show has the potential to be something really great and memorable by the time all 18 episodes have aired. I can see why they've described it as a 9 hour movie. These characters' arcs are fantastic and hilarious.
It continues to be absolutely excellent in every aspect.

Polari

It's been a patchy (but still entertaining start) but after the end of the last episode you can really see it ramping up.

Like Eastbound and Down, the soundtrack is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom