• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Had a dream that I woke up this morning and it had dropped, then realized I was in a dream.

L'inception

Who the hell was Miguel? I'm thinking back when I was 18-25

Good R&B male singers back then or popular rather were like
Babyface, R Kelly, Ginuwine, Montell Jordan, Usher and Keith Sweat, 112 if you want to count groips

I mean, you can't really compare Frank to past artists since he draws influence from a wide range of musicians, not just a few from one genre.

Only thing I can say is the wait for this album can be relative to the wait for D'Angelo's second album. Or at least, comparing the public interests since I know the delay on Voodoo was for reasons that don't include wood.

Damerman

I'm old, is frank ocean like this generations Babyface or something or is he more like this generations r kelly

honestly he is more like no one. he is a bisexual R&B singer with a lot of unconventional and very indie flavor. he is exactly the kind of R&B singer you would imagine would come out of odd future. I'd compare him to lauren hill.

Think Miguel but even more boring

do you even like music?

jaypah

chaislip3

That first pic looks like it's taken from a camera monitor. The white box crops out whatever's outside of it. I don't remember exactly but I think in the stream there were six lights on each side, while in this picture there are eight. No idea how easy it would be to photoshop something like this, and I have no idea if this is actually real or not, but fuck it. A little hope now and then doesn't hurt.

kmax

To prevent Channel Orange from leaking onto the Internet, Ocean planned to release it digitally one week earlier than its publicly announced date.[12] He was inspired by Jay-Z and Kanye West, who prevented their 2011 album Watch the Throne from leaking by announcing several misleading release dates.[12] On June 8, Ocean announced a July 17 release date and released a trailer for the album directed by Nabil Elderkin.[69] On July 9, he made his television debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and performed "Bad Religion" with backing from the show's house band The Roots and a strings section.[70] The show announced the album's actual release date and vendor,[71] Universal Music Group,[72] who made it available on July 10 as a digital download on iTunes.[73] Ocean said at the time, "I haven't even held one in my hands ... The [CDs] are done, but when we sent them in, they were locked down at the manufacturer. They haven't left. They never went on trucks [to stores] because that's where things leak."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Orange

He's fucking with us. I'm expecting it to drop soon, but Frank is playing chess with us all.

jaypah

That first pic looks like it's taken from a camera monitor. The white box crops out whatever's outside of it. I don't remember exactly but I think in the stream there were six lights on each side, while in this picture there are eight. No idea how easy it would be to photoshop something like this, and I have no idea if this is actually real or not, but fuck it. A little hope now and then doesn't hurt.

Yeah, that's why I posted it. People have a lot of time on their hands and the most advanced photo software but I still figured it was interesting, fake or not.

http://m.imgur.com/MNyNlQn?r

Dude attempting to show proof.

http://m.imgur.com/MNyNlQn?r

Dude attempting to show proof.

gmPoduH.png

Could it.. be...?

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/FrankOcean...ne_just_easily_duplicated_the_photo_with_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FrankOcean/comments/4wlvwx/uthrowawaystraight_says_its_a_live_stream_but/

UQrwu8D.png

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I don't understsand, what do these pictures prove

I don't understsand, what do these pictures prove

As of right now: the monitor shot was easily replicated, that tweet cap could be from another time ago. If anything, its just showing the "proof" from said leaker could be a fake.

The colorize shot could also be done depending on how much effort you put into it.

Yall legit got me reading Reddit and Twitter now for minutes wtf

jesus christ, we're now tricking each other into taking more Ls *facepalm

jaypah

That left wall is completely different. Unless he fabricated it just for the Frank shoot, which would be borderline pointless.

Yall legit got me reading Reddit and Twitter now for minutes wtf

jesus christ, we're now tricking each other into taking more Ls *facepalm

I didn't trick you into shit Tom, you have an inner lust for the L.

Ok but, since nothings happening here. Hook me up with some essential kanye, I wanna try him out.

Dear lawd, Kanye's entire discography is worth checking out. College Dropout is PROBABLY the best album but I think it's great that everyone kind of has a different favorite. Truly no shit albums from him.

Dear lawd, Kanye's entire discography is worth checking out. College Dropout is PROBABLY the best album but I think it's great that everyone kind of has a different favorite. Truly no shit albums from him.
What're the most popular/fan favorites. My last girlfriend liked him a lot but she hates me rn so the only people I have for opinions are you guys. But he has a lot of albums and I only have so much iPod space.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Introducing yourself to Kanye in 2016 must be incredible, how does your brain even handle listening to that much good music at once?

Introducing yourself to Kanye in 2016 must be incredible, how does your brain even handle listening to that much good music at once?
I dunno man. My music taste is pretty vast at this point and I'm willing to check out anything, I just wanna understand the hype. Rap was pretty out of my depth for a while but the last year or so ive slowly slipped into it, and last week I listened to a band that sounds like an electric generator so why not try out some Kanye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom