• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Let's Fish? Impressions seem to be mostly negative.

Unfortunately, that was exactly what I expected based on the first trailer and advertising blurb.

Nothing yet :/

I presume it will depend how well it does in the east and how well the western PC version does

yeah probably. I really hope it comes over.

Havn't been on my Vita much recently (kinda got hooked on league of legends) but when I do its to have a blast on some EDF online. Shame there arn't many games going on when I look for one as its really fun. Also gotta get back into persona 4 again at somepoint.

bradigor

Just play the best Baseball game around instead!

d7RUs.jpg

How playable is it for someone with no knowledge of the Japanese language at all? Would be tempted to import.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
How playable is it for someone with no knowledge of the Japanese language at all? Would be tempted to import.

Already played/own the MLB games I assume? Those are pretty good, I heard. Still need a good sale to pick one up though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if there's any chance that Ys Origin will be ported to Vita.

It's entirely Japanese but I got by fine using the excellent guides on spiritstranslation.com... Not to mention I had only a basic undrestanding of baseball intricacies before I got it too! Truly excellent game

Toma

It's entirely Japanese but I got by fine using the excellent guides on spiritstranslation.com... Not to mention I had only a basic undrestanding of baseball intricacies before I got it too! Truly excellent game

Why better than MLB?

Why better than MLB?

Truth is I haven't played MLB. But I can tell what I like most from spirits isn't there from watching MLB vids, that is the precise way of hitting and realistic feel of where they go. One other thing I don't know how it compares, is the extemely customiseable difficulty.. Great for learning the game and easy to increment as you get better, the best part being that it doesn't feel like the CPU is cheating. Sure they make comebacks etc but only as you'd expect and always surmountable regardless.

Number45

Shall I buy Lumines, or wait a couple of weeks and get it for free? :p

Tempted by SSD at that price though, even if I'm sure it'll be free down the line.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just buy it. You're rolling the dice if you think PSRS is going to get it within the next few weeks.

Toma

Shall I buy Lumines, or wait a couple of weeks and get it for free? :p

Tempted by SSD at that price though, even if I'm sure it'll be free down the line.

Lumines is suuuuuch a great game.

Ljwinter

Banned
Definitely picking up FFVIII and FFIX with the 50% off sale and throwing them on the Vita. Now all they need to add is Crisis Core....

zulux21

Definitely picking up FFVIII and FFIX with the 50% off sale and throwing them on the Vita. Now all they need to add is Crisis Core....

i just plan to get 8. I played 9 with my wife in 2011, and replayed 7 in 2007 or so so I don't see much reason to replay that at this time.

I might get dissidia 012... I need to confirm that you can map the camera to the second analog stick though.

namDa65

Ok guys i can't stand this anymore. I'm importing tales of innocence R.

I bought a 360 for tales of vesperia. When i heard tales of graces was coming out, I bought a ps3.

When i heard innocence was out on vita. I bought a vita.

eff u namco bandai

breakfuss

I'm picking up VII. I've never played any of them (barring XXIII), and that's the one I hear you have to play in order to understand what all the FF hype is about.

zulux21

Ok guys i can't stand this anymore. I'm importing tales of innocence R.
eff u namco bandai

logically you should wait for the game to be confirmed for an english release if you don't like importing.

Either way I doubt importing tales of innocence R is a bad idea... I'd give the odds of it getting an english release at less than a 1% chance, and even if it did get one we likely wouldn't get a release until late 2015 early 2016... when ever 15 months after the announcement of the localization is lol.

I'm picking up VII. I've never played any of them (barring XXIII), and that's the one I hear you have to play in order to understand what all the FF hype is about.

7 is one of the bigger ff games hype wise, though keep in mind parts of it haven't aged well. in comparison I feel ff6 aged much better and it from the start is debatable if it's better that ff7, it's just that ff7 is the game that made the series far more popular in NA.

hurzelein

Will pickup Escape Plan and maybe Stardust from the Sale.

Shame that I cant buy Mutant Blops because its on Plus.

Sony needs to cut the prices of all PSP Games. Who buys a 30 Euro PSP Game these days?
14 € every big title and 7 every downloadable PSP Game.

namDa65

logically you should wait for the game to be confirmed for an english release if you don't like importing.

Either way I doubt importing tales of innocence R is a bad idea... I'd give the odds of it getting an english release at less than a 1% chance, and even if it did get one we likely wouldn't get a release until late 2015 early 2016... when ever 15 months after the announcement of the localization is lol.

I don't think it will ever come... They never ported the tales psp games except for radiant, and they havn't bothered to port the ds ones either... the ds had a pretty big install base here. Maybe i'll just wait for xillia :'(

Ljwinter

Banned

I bought VII off the PSN when it first got on there and didn't get around to playing it for close to 2 years. Loved it. I remember playing it when it first came out on PS1 but I was really young then and didn't understand it and immediately hated it. Played a demo of VIII and fell in love with the series. My favorite in the series is VIII. Looking forward to replaying that.

Will pickup Escape Plan and maybe Stardust from the Sale.

Shame that I cant buy Mutant Blops because its on Plus.

Sony needs to cut the prices of all PSP Games. Who buys a 30 Euro PSP Game these days?
14 € every big title and 7 every downloadable PSP Game.

If you go through EU is actually really good for psp prices.

Sure there are some outliers but most are below £10

Tomodachi

If anyone who is set on always buying the physical copy of a game if there's one (like me), know that the only digital-only games in this sale are:

- A-men 7,49€
- Escape Plan 6,49€
- Hustle Kings 3,99€
- MotorStorm RC 2,99€
- Super Stardust Delta Bundle 4,99€
- Mutant Blobs Attack 3,49€
- Top Darts 3,99€

Escape Plan, Super Stardust Delta and Mutant Blobs Attack all over my face!

PSOne FFs from the US store, you too! YAAAAS!

Top Bottom