• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

Ooh, Sly was today? Neat. Price and size known? Any Reviews out?

Yeah, currently at 77% average on Metacritic with 15 reviews. Seems to be very split like I figured it would. Some people don't like that it's gameplay is too similar to the old games.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah, currently at 77% average on Metacritic with 15 reviews. Seems to be very split like I figured it would. Some people don't like that it's gameplay is too similar to the old games.

That the only negative most mention? Because... thats a plus in my book.

Hey Grimmy did you get the Snow Miku DLC for DIVA f?

The legs are so poofy they sort of break things...

k7vK564.png

Ooh, Sly was today? Neat. Price and size known? Any Reviews out?

Edit: You should watch Monster.
Yep! It'll probably be $35/$36$25/$30 on PSN and I believe people were saying over 3GBs for the Vita version... the reviews are kinda weird, since some are loving it and some aren't because it plays like an older game.

and i did look through that box when you told me and i do have the first 15 episodes of monster

Hey Grimmy did you get the Snow Miku DLC for DIVA f?

The legs are so poofy they sort of break things...
... okay, that's kind of amazing, no lie

But not yet. ): I don't usually get many funds for my JPN account, but I want to at least get Teto at some point. Maybe I'll even get the PS3 upgrade dlc~!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yep! It'll probably be $35/$36 on PSN and I believe people were saying over 3GBs for the Vita version... the reviews are kinda weird, since some are loving it and some aren't because it plays like an older game.

and i did look through that box when you told me and i do have the first 15 episodes of monster

Bah, shit. 3GB is a bit tough to swallow atm. Monster is really, really good though. Give yourself a push to watch it. I assume you dont have an illness excuse anymore :p

Bah, shit. 3GB is a bit tough to swallow atm. Monster is really, really good though. Give yourself a push to watch it. I assume you dont have an illness excuse anymore :p
well i'm getting an ultrasound in a few hours because i've had stomach pains the past few days and the doctors think it's appendicitis

I thought it was $29.99 for vita?
It is, I was thinking it was Vita only for some reason even though I'm picking up the PS3 version in a few minutes. x_x I dunno if it's getting the digital discount or not, though.

Toma

well i'm getting an ultrasound in a few hours because i've had stomach pains the past few days and the doctors think it's appendicitis

You ALWAYS have a good excuse. Man. There is no use in arguing with you :p
Get well soon, though. I hope you had a break in between your excuses at least.

zulux21

I don't know if this tweet from Robert Boyd (Lead designer, programmer, and writer at Zeboyd Games, makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3.) makes me happy or sad

Man, the Vita would be the perfect platform to put our games on. If the system wasn't selling so poorly, I'd seriously consider it.

hopefully sales pick up and he would be willing to put their games on the vita, as I would like to actually play their games on the go on the vita :/

Spiegel

Interviewing Drinkbox about Guacamelee tomorrow. You guys have anything you want asked?

[Totobeni]

How do you feel knowing that you are tricking people into making them look forward to a game which is vaporware?

No, it doesn't matter that you guys have showed the game at plenty of conventions and it's actually playable on demo units at game stores.

[/Totobeni]

Lost my vita charger :(. Can I get by just buying the USB cable and charging through my PS3 for now? Or do I need the AC adapter to charge it?

I don't think a PS3 or PC will provide enough current to charge it at any decent rate, but you might be able to use a cell phone wall plug. At least the ones I have that charge Android phones work well enough that I never actually removed the power brick from the box.

Jamix012

I don't think a PS3 or PC will provide enough current to charge it at any decent rate, but you might be able to use a cell phone wall plug. At least the ones I have that charge Android phones work well enough that I never actually removed the power brick from the box.

I only use PC to charge these days. There's more than enough power from it. Make sure you activate charing through USB in settings. If it's on the orange light won't show but it'll still be charging.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
[Totobeni]

How do you feel knowing that you are tricking people into making them look forward to a game which is vaporware?

No, it doesn't matter that you guys have showed the game at plenty of conventions and it's actually playable on demo units at game stores.

[/Totobeni]

see here tamtam replay too.

Would love a release date/window

so yeah its not just me, this game was so long in development it's not even funny.

but the hilarious thing was when they mocking WiiU gamepad feature and saying they already done it,and now Wii U got released,PS4 will be announced in few days and still no Guacamelee.

A PC will charge the vita, but not in standby mode. You have to turn the Vita completely off and make sure that USB charging is enabled in the settings.

Allforce

I bought Escape Vektor based on the Pac-Man CE comparisons. It's not like Pac Man CE. :(

Is Big Sky Infinity any good since it's on sale today? I like the pick-up-and-play games for this device, I REALLY found a gem in that Star Drone Extreme game for 2 bucks last week. It's just perfect for Vita, beautiful and utilizes touch-screens really well.

Toma

Loving Sly 4. Not that anyone in here cares. Really fun. The demo section was a prologue before the game starts.
I care! More impressions?

I bought Escape Vektor based on the Pac-Man CE comparisons. It's not like Pac Man CE. :(

Is Big Sky Infinity any good since it's on sale today? I like the pick-up-and-play games for this device, I REALLY found a gem in that Star Drone Extreme game for 2 bucks last week. It's just perfect for Vita, beautiful and utilizes touch-screens really well.

BSI is a decent arcade game, reminiscent of Facebook games with better production values with tons of modes. Unfortunately, I didnt like it very much. I think the game is too simple and the randomization makes the level design feel generic instead of well designed. The FB game like grind didnt sit well with me either.

If you want a shmup: Sine Mora is the ultimate native Vita game choice atm.

Mr E.

Loving Sly 4. Not that anyone in here cares. Really fun. The demo section was a prologue before the game starts.
Why wouldn't anyone care? It's a Vita forum your free to enjoy what you like. The majority here all share a common interest (Vita).

Enjoy yourself.

Toma

Why wouldn't anyone care? It's a Vita forum your free to enjoy what you like. The majority here all share a common interest (Vita).

Enjoy yourself.

Dont take that too seriously ;) Winkle is probably just a bit pissed about the mixed reception in general. It probably wasnt a jab at this thread/our community. And I agree that pissing on a game just because its "old school" is annoying. Boo reviewers, boo.

BSI is total crap - i'm glad PSN+ saved me from paying for that.

yurinka

ibe7sHkwY0h8ML.gif

am i doing it right?
Is she the girl from Totobeni's avatar? In this case Kaz's face should be grumpier. :p
But I understand that it's hard to find a grumpy Kaz.
Other than that, both the girl and your job look so awesome.

Tomodachi

Woah, vitabros really despise BSI :'(
I really liked it but I must admit I got bored with it pretty fast (~1 week). I probably would have played it more if I had actually paid for it (Plus game).

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

good to know.

i think i'll pick this up down the road, solely due to time restrictions...none of the reviews seem to be really negative, they just say that its not revolutionary and plays like an older 3d platformer... which really is one of my least favorite things reviewers say negatively about a game...

i dont see how anyone isnt in the mood for a good 3d platformer revolutionary or not - i feel like this gen was pretty devoid of them

VanWinkle

I don't think anybody directly compared it to Pac-Man CE. A few of us have said it has Pac-Man-esque gameplay, though. It's the best we can get until we do get Pac-Man CE, and it is a really good game.

I care! More impressions?

I'm only a bit into the first world (Feudal Japan) and it's just a blast. There's a big hub world that some mission stuff takes place in and I'm really having fun just perusing around the hub world and looking for bottles to collect and treasures that you have to get back to your hideout in a certain amount of time by finding the quickest route. I've been playing as Sly only so far for the first hour or so in (besides the prologue). I don't know, I'm just having a really good time on it. It is indeed the classic Sly gameplay, but I don't see what's wrong with that personally.

Toma

Woah, vitabros really despise BSI :'(
I really liked it but I must admit I got bored with it pretty fast (~1 week). I probably would have played it more if I had actually paid for it (Plus game).

I wouldnt even necessarily say its bad-bad, despite definitely not liking it. But its just... super generic. There is absolutely NOTHING special about the game, which definitely hurts my enjoyment. I usually play games for a feature, feeling or something that other games cant offer and I dont get that from these FB like games.

Although its pretty, but many games are.

good to know.

i think i'll pick this up down the road, solely due to time restrictions...none of the reviews seem to be really negative, they just say that its not revolutionary and plays like an older 3d platformer... which really is one of my least favorite things reviewers say negatively about a game...

i dont see how anyone isnt in the mood for a good 3d platformer revolutionary or not - i feel like this gen was pretty devoid of them

Those 3GB man..

Allforce

I don't think anybody directly compared it to Pac-Man CE. A few of us have said it has Pac-Man-esque gameplay, though. It's the best we can get until we do get Pac-Man CE, and it is a really good game.

Maybe I just need to get further along, it's really difficult and I'm only on like Node 2. I see there's almost 10 more Nodes out there in the abyss waiting.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I wouldnt even necessarily say its bad-bad, despite definitely not liking it. But its just... super generic. There is absolutely NOTHING special about the game, which definitely hurts my enjoyment. I usually play games for a feature, feeling or something that other games cant offer and I dont get that from these FB like games.

Those 3GB man..

ah yes! the 3 gee bees.... forgot im still rocking a 4gb'er. just cant make that kind of a sacrifice yet. :p

Toma

I'm only a bit into the first world (Feudal Japan) and it's just a blast. There's a big hub world that some mission stuff takes place in and I'm really having fun just perusing around the hub world and looking for bottles to collect and treasures that you have to get back to your hideout in a certain amount of time by finding the quickest route. I've been playing as Sly only so far for the first hour or so in (besides the prologue). I don't know, I'm just having a really good time on it. It is indeed the classic Sly gameplay, but I don't see what's wrong with that personally.

Sounds great, any review mentioned the length? Oh and is that mini game collection out? Actually interested in trying these.

Benedict

Any rumors of larger memory cards being released going around?
Contemplating if I should buy a 16 gb memory card for PSP and PsOne games as an addition to my 32 gb card.

Or best to wait and see if they will lower prices and offer 64/128 gb cards?

Tomodachi

I liked the random approach to levels, it takes out the boring stuff about having to repeat the same section over and over again in sidescrollers. It probably is a weak point though because it can feel generic for the very same reason, yeah.
The way upgrades for your ship work made it addicting for me too, I played to get points because I wanted to upgrade my ship to try and beat my records (and my friends') and this basically was an addictive cycle that really kept me interested in the game for... a week lol. But given I don't usually love sidescrollers to death, it was somewhat remarkable for me.
I also liked the many different game types, although I wish unlocking some of the later ones wasn't so hard :/

But yeah, I get your points too, because in the end they're exactly the reason I suddenly stopped enjoying it and dropped it, just like a facebook game.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
@vanwinkle or anyone who has both sly versions - would love impressions on the 2nd screen feature, by that i mean using the vita to locate hidden treasures etc. when you get a chance.

zulux21

Contemplating if I should buy a 16 gb memory card for PSP and PsOne games as an addition to my 32 gb card.

i haven't heard any rumors around neogaf or other sites. In general though I figure it will go like this
in 2013 the vita will get a price cut.
in 2014 the vita will get a new model with on board memory and larger memory cards will be announced as sony moves the game size limit from 3gb to 8gb or so.

yella

I was waiting... until I ran out of space over the weekend lol. Bought Grandia and Breath of Fire 4 and can't even put them on yet... even deleted Jet Set Radio to make room! I also intend to buy Dissidia Duodecim, FF7 and FF8 from the Final Fantasy sale today.

What you suggested is a brilliant idea, actually; that's how I'll use them when my 32GB card arrives.

EDIT: Is NGS Plus leaving PS+ today?

Top Bottom