• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The game continues as if you lost and you unlock the next difficulty.

BRB, going to unlock Master Ninja. (God help me)

Edit: That doesn't work. Unless you mean go back to the main menu as soon as you beat him.

Edit 2: OH BEAT HIM. BRB.

Yeah Sly 4...yeah I worry about the studio who developed it.

They have developed multiple titles over the time for both Sony and other platforms so I wouldn't really worry. Are the reviews really bad? It seemed solid from the demo, I guess it's a genre that's just not bound for this dudebroish times.

TheSeks

FUUUUCK, this dude blocks all your attacks and you have to ET him with really weak damage. I can't do that. I think I'm just going to unlock the game difficulties like normal. Which pisses me off since they rebalanced Sigma to be annoying than tough.

They have developed multiple titles over the time for both Sony and other platforms so I wouldn't really worry. Are the reviews really bad? It seemed solid from the demo, I guess it's a genre that's just not bound for this dudebroish times.

No I don't think it's that at all...more that it's just a poorly optimized and archaic gameplay ridden title among a sea of other platformers.

Where is this sea of platformers you are talking about? I want to sail there! (Obviously I'm talking of PS3/Vita only)
Same, I'd love a charming, fun, creative 3D platformer on Vita (or any console really).

Sly 4 will fail not because of "dudebro culture blahblah" but because it's a bland, uninspired borefest that should never have existed in the first place.

omg_mjd

Thank god we got someone who can speak in behalf of all humanity! Take a look at PS+ threads and you'll see a lot people considering getting one just because they are sitting in a bunch of potentially unplayed games.

Ha, it's sorta reverse for me--getting PS+ for my Vita made me seriously consider getting a PS3 so I could pick up the free games.

(Ended up getting a gaming laptop instead. I seem to have a high resistance to buying a TV, which is what I'd need to actually use a PS3.)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Where is this sea of platformers you are talking about? I want to sail there! (Obviously I'm talking of PS3/Vita only)

Same, I'd love a charming, fun, creative 3D platformer on Vita (or any console really).

last good 3D platformer I've played was Alice Madness Return (and it is my Goty 2011)

I'd like to see Alice 3 but McGee will never work with EA ever again going with his recent comments.

Iacobellis

You think GameStop could slip me the preorder bonuses for Sly even though I didn't reserve a copy? They have done it a couple times before for my brother.

VanWinkle

Sly 4 will fail not because of "dudebro culture blahblah" but because it's a bland, uninspired borefest that should never have existed in the first place.

Can I have your copy? I'd love to not have to pay for it if you haven't enjoyed yours.

PlayStation 3
RIDGE RACER 7: 3D License Version – $9.99
NAMCO MUSEUM ESSENTIALS – $4.99
NOBY NOBY BOY – $2.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS – $24.99
PlayStation Vita
RIDGE RACER – $12.49
TOUCH MY KATAMARI – $12.49
PSP
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny – $19.99
TEKKEN 6 – $19.99
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja Impact – $19.99
DLC
ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON DLC – prices vary from $1.99 to $7.49
Dark Souls: Atorias of the Abyss – $7.49
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS DLC Pack – $7.49

HAHAHAHA
50% off PSP games Soul Calibur and Tekken 6... and they're STILL $20 each.

ONLY SCEA, guys. ONLY SCEA.

DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
DISSIDIA DUODECIM PROLOGUS FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
FINAL FANTASY Tactics: War of Lions (PSP)
Final Fantasy (PSOne Classics)
Final Fantasy II (PSOne Classics)
FINAL FANTASY IV: Complete Collection (PSP)
Final Fantasy V (PSOne Classics)
Final Fantasy VI (PSOne Classics)
Final Fantasy VII (PSOne Classics)
Final Fantasy VIII (PSOne Classics)
Final Fantasy IX (PSOne Classics)

50% off those games too, starting tomorrow.
Shame the Final Fantasy I & II isn't the PSP version.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone having some hooked impressions for me?

Scythian

Finally a Final Fantasy sale!, will pick up Dissidia 012 for sure, though not sure which PSOne games I will pick up, maybe all of them :p

QP3

So, trying to add funds to my PSN account for the upcoming FF sale, but PSN wont accept my debit card.

Anyone else have this issue at some point?

Rahk

Awesome. Been waiting for Dissidia 012 to go on sale. I guess I'll grab a bunch of classics as well.

Are any of the FF games for PSP or PS1 inferior versions to other platforms or should be avoided?

Noi

Awesome. Been waiting for Dissidia 012 to go on sale. I guess I'll grab a bunch of classics as well.

Are any of the FF games for PSP or PS1 inferior versions to other platforms or should be avoided?

The only PS1 version that's truly garbage is FFV. The rest are tolerable and non-offensive sans load times, which you can set to fast on the Vita anyway. That and FFIVCC being the definitive versions of that game.

OmegaZero

FUUUUCK, this dude blocks all your attacks and you have to ET him with really weak damage. I can't do that. I think I'm just going to unlock the game difficulties like normal. Which pisses me off since they rebalanced Sigma to be annoying than tough.

There's a really easy tactic to beat him.

Wait for him to do his five hit combo or his dash slash.

Then, use one of these two combos on him:
-forward triangle -> on-landing triangle
-square -> triangle -> on-landing triangle

If you do that successfully, then he'll do that five hit combo again in retaliation. Simply roll out of the way and repeat until dead.

VanWinkle

If it's actually a good game, they should've released a less s***ty demo.

Doesn't matter, lots of worthy games from non-flop devs to spend my money on this spring <3

Ah, sounded like you knew. There are sometimes demos that are not great for games that are. I've seen it plenty of times, surprised you haven't.

I'm surprised that a lot of you guys are so against PSABR, even the concept of it. I think if they got the roster right and nailed the mechanics completely it could be a great game. Their main problem was the roster, it was lackluster and full of really lame choices whether it be from budget or developers reluctance. I've been saying that since the beginning, despite lots of people shutting me down and saying the roster is fine, even with two coles and DINO.

Noi

I'm surprised that a lot of you guys are so against PSABR, even the concept of it. I think if they got the roster right and nailed the mechanics completely it could be a great game. Their main problem was the roster, it was lackluster and full of really lame choices whether it be from budget or developers reluctance. I've been saying that since the beginning, despite lots of people shutting me down and saying the roster is fine, even with two coles and DINO.

Hi! I've been saying that since the moment the roster got leaked. :p

Ah, sounded like you knew. There are sometimes demos that are not great for games that are. I've seen it plenty of times, surprised you haven't.
Oh?

Well, in the unlikely event that the finished product is entirely different from the demo unceremoniously dumped a week before release, I'll look forward to buying it when it hits $14.99 next month.

Ponn

Banned
About the sales?
They've been posted.
I wonder if there will be more.

Namco sale is sigh worthy. Katamari was just on sale, good for One Piece holdouts but for a DD only Musou game should have been $20 to start with.

FF sales are nice but i already own them all so useless to me. Good for others to catch them on sale again after repeatedley missing them. I guarantee at least one post in 3 weeks "Hey does FF IV Complete ever go on sale?"

Was really hoping for that rumored launch game drop EU is getting. Wanted UMvsC3 digital and/or might have bit on SFxTekken for half off.

Ahhh been waiting for this ff sale - i geuss ill get 7 and 9.

Maybe 6? Thats the other hugely popular one right ? Or is it 4

6 is popular... personally I think it's a solid game but it's nowhere near the greatest. For me, I'll take 4 from the 16-bit era every time, no question about it.

7,8,9 are all good.

Wouldn't that be more a Namco thing?

Maybe? Maybe not?

SCEE seems to have waved a magic wand and made most PSP games in EU cost $10 or less, I believe. At least if I remember what tamaster92 says.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...-psp/cid=EP0700-NPEH00123_00-GPCSOULCAL000001

Both games, which will run you $40 in this sale or $80 normally will cost you 11.99GBP any day of the week.
Based on all the sales that EU had prior to NA getting *ANY*?
And the compatibility lists for PSOne (especially at feature launch) and PSP?
I dunno, just seems like something else that we should blame SCEA for.

WORLDTree

So, trying to add funds to my PSN account for the upcoming FF sale, but PSN wont accept my debit card.

Anyone else have this issue at some point?

Anybody else with answers? I've re-entered my info based on some stuff I've seen, but it only works on my Vita not the PS3...

TheSeks

No. Problem wasn't just the roster. Problem was the phoned in gameplay.

Massa

Oh?

Well, in the unlikely event that the finished product is entirely different from the demo unceremoniously dumped a week before release, I'll look forward to buying it when it hits $14.99 next month.

I'm surprised you're even considering buying a game that ate your babies or something.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Could anyone tell me why my vita flashes its blue light a couple times every so often when its off? No notifications, and everything except WiFi is turned off...

Could anyone tell me why my vita flashes its blue light a couple times every so often when its off? No notifications, and everything except WiFi is turned off...
Might be syncing trophies or doing some other background task. Did you set it so that you don't get a notification bubble for the housekeeping type stuff?

TheSeks

There's a really easy tactic to beat him.

Wait for him to do his five hit combo or his dash slash.

Then, use one of these two combos on him:
-forward triangle -> on-landing triangle
-square -> triangle -> on-landing triangle

If you do that successfully, then he'll do that five hit combo again in retaliation. Simply roll out of the way and repeat until dead.

He always goes for that one hit grab on me. Or I'm too far away and he does that ground-pound wave attack. :/

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I am not against the game, but really, the end product was nothing special. And they really needed something special to be a hit.

In the end, what we were left with is a smash brothers with fewer characters, less popular mascots, and a gameplay mechanic which is different, but not particularly interesting. I feel for superbot, but they should really have went crazy with the game, but they didn't.

I mean, they could have done tons more to increase the roster, just using Sony's own IP. They could have added Rico and Sev from Killzone, They could have added Zeus, Gaia, Ahtena from God of War, They could have added Umjammer Lammy, the Rapping Onion dude. Sure, these are not popular characters, but they would have made the Roster more varied and interesting. Instead, we have a small roster, packaged in the most unattractive and staid UI I have seen outside of iOS, using a gameplay mechanic that didn't excite anyone.

Thing was, Superbot needed to go CRAZY with the idea to make a fun game. They didn't, and they won't have the chance to try again.

omg_mjd

Anybody else with answers? I've re-entered my info based on some stuff I've seen, but it only works on my Vita not the PS3...

I recently bought a $20 PSN code via Amazon US using my debit card.

I can't add my debit card to PSN since I don't have a US billing address. Can't use my PayPal either. But Amazon works.

Shinypogs

Fuck you psn, you did not just fail to connect in the middle of my downloading P3P. If you could connect to let me buy the game than you should have no problem letting me download it :(

I choose to blame Toto for this.

edit: everything is fine after a restart, I still think Toto was behind it.

edit 2: downloaded a bit then failed again :(

tyranid5

Neo Member
You think GameStop could slip me the preorder bonuses for Sly even though I didn't reserve a copy? They have done it a couple times before for my brother.

Are you talking the special code or the discount? Because probably not the discount, maybe the code. I think it depends on your gamestop/the game, the gamestop by me is not run by people i enjoy talking to and constantly drone on (YOU SHOULDA PRE-ORDERED THE GAME) and some popular games they get extra codes. The only other way is if someone misses the 48 hour window to pick up their pre-order (at least that's how it works at my gamestop). My P4G got shipped to wrong state so i had to wait 3 days or get it from GameStop and they only got 1 copy the 1st week which someone had preordered (both were for the LE, not solid gold).

Thing was, Superbot needed to go CRAZY with the idea to make a fun game. They didn't, and they won't have the chance to try again.

I think the game itself was well made. And you could tell this isn't a game that Sony put a lot of time and resources into (like Last Guardian). They brought together a bunch of people who know fighting games to make a fun game. Superbot made a game from scratch that functions well and is well balanced across 2 platforms that players can play from without 1 platform having a major advantage.

For how well put together the game was, the presentation is one of the main things that ruined the game. It looks like a game that was put together from scratch and a lot of fun could've been had by improving the atmosphere of the game. I still have fun with the game, but it's not an eye catcher.

The roster struggled from the main problem at hand. A Sony roster without Crash and Spyro isn't a Sony roster, and that's not superbot's fault they had to work with what they were given. I'm glad Kat is coming out.

In the end i really didn't have high expectations for this game. It played amazingly, but everything else was just subpar. For a new game i didn't think that was a bad formula and showed promise for the future. I was excited to see the next iteration of the series, but with today's news that may or may not come. It is hard to tell.

Top Bottom