• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Spwn

Any speculations on what the free PS+ Vita game for March will be? This blog reply and the absence of one of the big launch games made me think of Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. What else could it be?

Top of the page recommendation:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is the way I prefer to play those games and so should you.
Also buy Virtue's Last Reward.

And if you don't own a Vita. Buy a Vita

Caoz

The dragon thing that is damn near impossible to accurately hit? Gave me a lot of problems too, but I eventually got it. Keep trying!

Thanks for the encouragement. I would like to see the rest of the game so I guess I better keep trying. I guess they did this to ensure you master the flying part of it via repetition... :(

Top of the page recommendation:

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is the way I prefer to play those games and so should you.

The same

I hardly ever touched my HD PS3 version. Finished MGS2 just the other day and transared/unlocked like 10 trophies on PS3 (^___^)

Tomodachi

Thanks for the encouragement. I would like to see the rest of the game so I guess I better keep trying. I guess they did this to ensure you master the flying part of it via repetition... :(
You could also try clearing some challenges to get gems and upgrade some skills, it helps. To be honest I don't think that boss was that hard (sorry, I hate sounding like a jerk :p) but I can assure you it's indeed the hardest part of the game, so if you're liking it overall just hang tight!

Battle Royale is a good name...if they used that BR concept..not smash.

I mean,open world game with PlayStation characters on an island, survival and killing, with time limit of 3 days to kill eachother,the Online play like that too(so DayZ-ish)

now this is awesome.

Tokyo Jungle with Playstation characters would be amazing :D

The giant snake monster things are pretty easy once you work out the technique

For me it was just the standard grav kicks to get the weak points on the body and then to get the annoying spot on the back of its head you fly above it and then just dodge forward over and over until the break in the bullets and then grav kick and repeat. Until I started doing that it was always a pain to kill those without the supers which you cant use on bosses anyway.

ZeroAKA

The giant snake monster things are pretty easy once you work out the technique

For me it was just the standard grav kicks to get the weak points on the body and then to get the annoying spot on the back of its head you fly above it and then just dodge forward over and over until the break in the bullets and then grav kick and repeat. Until I started doing that it was always a pain to kill those without the supers which you cant use on bosses anyway.
I found the super moves (up on analog stick + triangle) really helpful when fighting some of those more annoying Nevi. Those supers only don't work on
the secret Rift Plane bosses.

I found the super moves (up on analog stick + triangle) really helpful when fighting some of those more annoying Nevi. Those supers only don't work on
the secret Rift Plane bosses.

Ah ok. Been a while since I played it. Yeah the grav super where you just fling rocks all over the place was awesome.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't remember have trouble with anything other then those
hidden Rift Plane
Nevi.

If you upgrade your health, kick, and meter, yeah... you won't have problems until the boss Nevi.

Takao

Banned
soe should make field commander hd reloaded

ps3/psv
crossplay
psn-only

get ignored advance wars fans on your side, instead of being called a clone

VanWinkle

Bentley's Hackpack trailer.

"Featuring hacking mini-games from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™, step into the Arcade and play through multiple levels to bust open all the safes and unlock the most secret and secure item ever! Purchase the full game for the PS3 and PS Vita systems to get your hands on over 45 levels and 200 challenges!"

It's $2.99. It's coming out today. There will be a demo if you want to just try it out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
soe should make field commander hd reloaded

ps3/psv
crossplay
psn-only

get ignored advance wars fans on your side, instead of being called a clone

They should bring back the play by e-mail option, so brilliant I never got the chance to use it. :(

Caoz

If you upgrade your health, kick, and meter, yeah... you won't have problems until the boss Nevi.

Well the save file I am using starts me right on the boss fight so I guess I will try going back one save file and work on the challenges to get the upgrades. I am now looking forward to doing that instead of getting my ass kicked by Alias to be honest.

Funny thing is that I also looked at youtube videos for tips and the one I found had a guy pretty much having the same issues as myself. Difference of course is that he did beat it eventually.

dsigns1

Apparently there's some arcade collection coming today that has some of the retro games from PlayStation Home. Two for free, stuff like asteroids and centipede an extra $1.50 each...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/5/395...f-playstation-home-today-with-the-home-arcade

He said that the arcade is just one of many things that his group is working on for the Vita.

"We've been kind of working on a lot of things," he said. "With Vita we look at ourselves as an emerging platform. The Vita is a very versatile."

Thats some good news.

I say why-ess, personally

my son (3) loves YS 7. I think he's made me kill that pig boss for him about 12 times now. doesn't matter if I make him a save right after he's dead.

hurzelein

Apparently there's some arcade collection coming today that has some of the retro games from PlayStation Home. Two for free, stuff like asteroids and centipede an extra $1.50 each...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/5/395...f-playstation-home-today-with-the-home-arcade

Here is the PS Blog Post:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...yer-brings-retro-gaming-to-ps-vita-this-week/

So, do I have to log in to PS Home to play them? Would totally buy some of these games, but not if need to get Home.

QP3

So, I don't believe my vita is registered, but i purchased it in December.

Would it be possible to take advantage of the refferal program with this?

Someone on reddit offered to try, but I'd rather get a fellow Vitagaf...

This is my dream.

LETS GO RANGERRRSSSSSSSS

On another note, I cant wait to see how MLB 13 the show plays since last years version, while good, was a PSP version remade for the Vita. This years should be the real deal *crosses fingers*

God I hope so, but I hope they don't just do a shitty port. If they could do a nice mix of gameplay and a sick, dense simulation/fantasy mode then that would be perfect.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So, do I have to log in to PS Home to play them? Would totally buy some of these games, but not if need to get Home.
I have a feeling that the main purpose of this is to remind people that Home still exists.

Sid

So, I don't believe my vita is registered, but i purchased it in December.

Would it be possible to take advantage of the refferal program with this?

Someone on reddit offered to try, but I'd rather get a fellow Vitagaf...
Send a PM to Iacobellis.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
New Texture sacrifice video:

MLZVPJS.gif

Team 17 made a PS Blog post about the Vita/PS3 port of Alien Breed. At the end, they tease that another of their old games might be coming - a "princely character", making people suggest Superfrog.

Omlagus

Goddamn piece of shit giant rolling NGS+ head!! :(

I remember this part giving me an aneurysm in NGB.

Time for a break before I throw my Vita.

Vita will receive ports of Origins, VI, a remake of V, and the release of VIII.

playstation ysita

believe
V remade and VIII aren't out there at all IMO. As for VI, I've been wondering if I'd even want a port or remake. I found the PS2 version lacking (but it was my first Ys game in perhaps 8 years...) and the PSP version downright terrible. I haven't replayed it in years but I remember this game as souring me on a series I loved.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Smart As is $10 at BB/FS, apparently... kind of want

This is how I've always pronounced it

Yeah, I heard it like that in many podcasts and reviews as well.

QP3

Oh god, I now have $40 in PSN credit....so many games at my fingertips.

I think I am going to need a bigger memory card....

Top Bottom