• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

Sounds great, any review mentioned the length? Oh and is that mini game collection out? Actually interested in trying these.

I don't know for sure if any reviews mentioned length. They may have. The mini game collection thing is out tonight in NA. Not sure about other regions.

Reminds me of the gif I did for the kaz thread

tumblr_mhr4f2o7Lp1s5o3aso7_400.gif

On a more vita related more I can quite easily see them releasing bigger memory cards at e3

tahsutify

I don't know if this tweet from Robert Boyd (Lead designer, programmer, and writer at Zeboyd Games, makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Penny Arcade's Rain-Slick 3.) makes me happy or sad

hopefully sales pick up and he would be willing to put their games on the vita, as I would like to actually play their games on the go on the vita :/

We should put pressure on him to release some RPG games. I only know the Penny Arcade game from the list but it was pretty good. Oddworld game proves that as long as your game is good it is going to sell.

Riddy

Any rumors of larger memory cards being released going around?
Contemplating if I should buy a 16 gb memory card for PSP and PsOne games as an addition to my 32 gb card.

Or best to wait and see if they will lower prices and offer 64/128 gb cards?

If I were a betting man, I'd say Sony will put out bigger memory cards by 2014. I recently upgraded from my 16GB to a 32GB I bought off Newegg for 80 bucks, I think it's money well spent.

*still waiting for lol o'clock*

zulux21

We should put pressure on him to release some RPG games. I only know the Penny Arcade game from the list but it was pretty good. Oddworld game proves that as long as your game is good it is going to sell.

i've been doing my job... I message him on twitter from time to time telling him to put his games on the vita lol.

but in general his games are fun short rpgs. the first two take 2-4 hours to beat, and you get to level 40 or so before finishing them (if i recall right... I think the level cap is 50) they are short and quick paced, and he doesn't charge much for them. breath of death and cthulthu saves the world sell for $3 for both of them on steam (that's the full price not a steam sale) lol.

As for the oddworld game proving you can sell, well that was an actual psn release. their games would likely be released as a mini or ps mobile, which most people don't even look at.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
yea i can see them releasing bigger cards this year - price on the other hand i can't forsee.

the demand for bigger cards is there... and its impeding people from buying games.

the smaller the card you have the more of a chance you think twice about buying a game or not.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, going to give my Vita quality time for the first time today in 3-4 weeks (other than the Alundra sessions). I should check out NGS.

Tizoc

I now have $120 in my US account.
Gonna get:
FF9
FF4
FF Dissidia 12
Legend of Heroes
Sly 4
Wild Arms 1
Now if only Stranger's Wrath would get that Plus discount I'll grab that as well X3

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure if its been mentioned in here before or not but its really disappointing that MLB The Show 13 isn't going to be a Cross Buy game :/

Fusebox

Banned
it seems that the ys 4 preorder is up on amazon
and that it will likely release on sept 24th.

That looks great. Do I have to have played 1-3 to get it?

Lost my vita charger :(. Can I get by just buying the USB cable and charging through my PS3 for now? Or do I need the AC adapter to charge it?

I'm using the Vita cable with my iPhone charger and it seems to charging fine. But I'm no electrician so it may explode any second now.

Funnily enough I saw loads of internet complaints that their Vita doesn't charge with the iPhone charger but mine works fine. Go figure.

Sweet! Will Australia get the same sale then? We are usually a mirror of the EU store aren't we?

VanWinkle

Not sure if its been mentioned in here before or not but its really disappointing that MLB The Show 13 isn't going to be a Cross Buy game :/

That's messed up. First Sony game that's being releases on both platforms to not have Cross-Buy ever since the program started. I'd love to hear their reasoning on that. Where did you hear that, BTW?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone still having the graphical settings for NGS that were thrown around?

tahsutify

i've been doing my job... I message him on twitter from time to time telling him to put his games on the vita lol.

but in general his games are fun short rpgs. the first two take 2-4 hours to beat, and you get to level 40 or so before finishing them (if i recall right... I think the level cap is 50) they are short and quick paced, and he doesn't charge much for them. breath of death and cthulthu saves the world sell for $3 for both of them on steam (that's the full price not a steam sale) lol.

As for the oddworld game proving you can sell, well that was an actual psn release. their games would likely be released as a mini or ps mobile, which most people don't even look at.

Hmm I didn't know that. I don't look at the PSM section indeed. I don't see the point of those games.

I'd consider a well made RPG for $5 even it is short though. Vita is disappointing RPG-wise and I don't know why (disappointing would be an understatement actually. Of course I am talking about western style RPG's, I've never played a JRPG in my life, the genre isn't my cup of tea.

kassatsu

Banned
In other things Sony fails to market... When Vikings Attack dlc is out now.

$4 - 10 new arenas, new outfits and new trophies

Caoz

Man I wish I had waited for the FF sale to get IX... Well it was a steal at 10 since I had never played it...

zulux21

sale or free stuff for the week
PlayStation Home Arcade (Free)
Aqua Kitty (Free)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact – PSP Game (now: $19.99 original price: $39.99)
Ridge Racer – PS Vita Game (now: $12.49 original price: $14.99)
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny – PSP Game (now: $19.99 original price: $39.99)
Tekken 6 – PSP Game (now: $19.99 original price: $39.99)
Touch My Katamari – PS Vita Game (now: $12.49 original price: $24.99)

Dissidia 012 Prologus – PSP Game (now: $1.49 original price: $2.99)
Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
Dissidia Final Fantasy – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
Final Fantasy IX – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy Origins – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions – PSP Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
DOES NOT WORK ON VITA Final Fantasy V – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy VI – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy VII – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
Final Fantasy VIII – PSone Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Chinese New Year Costume (Free) – In celebrating the upcoming Chinese New Year, be sure to download this free costume pack, complete with his/her traditional costumes for this special time of year.

ps plus sales
Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita, Cross-Buy) 5.99
Knytt Underground (PS Vita) $8.99

price changes
Ben 10 Galactic Racing – PS Vita Game (now: $9.99 original price: $14.99)
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
Ben 10 Alien Force: Vilgax Attacks – PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
Silent Hill: Book of Memories – PS Vita Game (now: $29.99 original price: $39.99)

anddo0

-Two Dokuro Avatar Packs
-Knytt Underground
-Final Fantasy IX
-Final Fantasy VI
-------------------------
$19.95 for hours upon hours of gameplay :)

I remember why I never finished NG Sigma the first time around....

FUCK THIS GAME

Near the end of chapter 16 there is a farming spot for essence that totally breaks the game.

urfe

Was thinking of making a new thread, but I think I could get some good advice here too.

I'm going to buy a Vita case very soon off Amazon, and am conflicted on which one to get. Amazon Japan has these very nice leather Vita cases, and while the black one looks nicer, it's 1000 yen more than the white one. Here they are below (I hope Amazon doesn't mind linking their images).

Vita leather case white: 2,203 yen (23.49USD)

31E4mNGtTcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vita leather case black: 3,272 yen (34.88USD)

414iJLUy-lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thoughts? Or is there another case people recommend?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's funny that you post that picture of the white vita case, because I just got email confirmation that my case was delivered today from Japan.

ZeroAKA

When did you have to purchase it to be eligible?
Sony sent an email to a few people which allowed them to register on a site that gave them a referral code. Others can use that person's referral code to register their Vita's serial numbers, and both of them will get a $20 gift card. You don't need to buy anything if you already have a Vita. PM me if you want a referral code. No guarantees that it'll work though.

Does disc benefits work with Sly 4 yet? I tried a few hours ago and nothing. ;_;

You ALWAYS have a good excuse. Man. There is no use in arguing with you :p
Get well soon, though. I hope you had a break in between your excuses at least.
tumblr_m7ds2vPuqO1ram5ofo1_400.gif

Thinking I don't have good excuses! Thanks though, I gotta wait a few days before the results come in.

Top Bottom