• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can I just say I love the Vigoorian Flails? Because GOD, I love the Vigoorian Flails.

And Windmill Shruken gained. Hayabusa is starting to slowly power back up to kick-ass in Hard now 7 chapters in.

Velcro Fly

Think I'm going to take the plunge on FFVI. I know it's inferior to the SNES and GBA versions, but it's still a fantastic game and I want to play it.

oh man Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is pretty great. I'm only 3 events into the third world tour and this game is so nice. Most enjoyable Kart racer since MK64. The controls just feel right, the drifting which i normally hate feel amazing and you are in control. Plus it looks great too on dat Oled. Anyone on the fence jump off and buy it !

kassatsu

Banned
PSM is a joke this week, other than free Aqua Kitty.

[toto]It has always been a joke[/toto]

Blue Skies is an iPhone game that has a $5 button tax and the other game is totally in Japanese.

WORLDTree

Can I just say I love the Vigoorian Flails? Because GOD, I love the Vigoorian Flails.

And Windmill Shruken gained. Hayabusa is starting to slowly power back up to kick-ass in Hard now 7 chapters in.

Can you elaborate? Because I seem to not be able to work them correctly.

Massa

PSM is a joke this week, other than free Aqua Kitty.

[toto]It has always been a joke[/toto]

Blue Skies is an iPhone game that has a $5 button tax and the other game is totally in Japanese.

So we now have 4 of the 6 free games if I'm not mistaken?

I wish they would reveal the other 2 already so I can start buying PSM games again.

WORLDTree

I see, I don't know though, I feel like I'm not being very effective versus just using the other weapons, but good to know I don't have to worry about combos.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can you elaborate? Because I seem to not be able to work them correctly.

XXXXXXXXXXX*combo about to end?*Y jump-X->on-landing X (or Y, forgetting) spin move.

Combine it with the Armlet of the Sun and the new Gamebreaking "Enhancement" Red Dragon Helm/"Decrease Defense, Increase Attack" and go to town on Fiends. Yellows take basically one XXX combo to kill while giving you near "I-frame" ability to block their attacks unless they're coming from behind. GDLK.

matmanx1

Got my 32gb card installed this morning and installed most everything I wanted on it and still have 12gb left over. And now I'm ready for more with the recent PSN sale. Thinking about Ridge Racer and maybe FFIV.

Ohnonono

Think I'm going to take the plunge on FFVI. I know it's inferior to the SNES and GBA versions, but it's still a fantastic game and I want to play it.

As annoying as the loads are this game is still so fantastic. I am never in a hurry really when playing it so it isn't so bad.

XXXXXXXXXXX*combo about to end?*Y jump-X->on-landing X (or Y, forgetting) spin move.

Combine it with the Armlet of the Sun and the new Gamebreaking "Enhancement" Red Dragon Helm/"Decrease Defense, Increase Attack" and go to town on Fiends. Yellows take basically one XXX combo to kill while giving you near "I-frame" ability to block their attacks unless they're coming from behind. GDLK.

What unlocks that red dragon helm?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is Knytt Underground any good?

urfe

If you have the chance to import I really recommend the Beams Design Collabo VITA Case in Black.

I love it.. its different and you'll get alot of hating looks for it =)

Japan resident, so Japan cases are preferable.

I found the Beams ones on the Sony website, but sadly there's no black one.

Here are the three that were available (the dark grey one is all out).

http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Purchase/PCHJ-15011/

So my choices would be this

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

or this

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

Thoughts?

Oshimai

I gotta say that Aqua Kitty is the best PlayStation Mobile game I've played so far. I'd like to see more iOS/Android ports on PSM though. It'd be pretty sweet if we could get some Kairosoft games on PSM!

Edit:

That blue and white case is pretty. The red and blue... not a fan. I have a brown Waterfield case and it's pretty slick.

Redhood

GAF should i buy final fantasy VII?

I always wanted to play it and that price is cool to. How are the battles? I am ok with persona series battles!

MrBeggar

Thoughts?

Pretty sure there are a shitton of the black grey one which I got still at Yodobashi.. but knowing the idiots that work there you'll have to ask for it.. like i did.. because they weren't restocking the shelves properly.

spannicus

How is it different though? Similar to Braid? Mario?

the world is beautifully designed. You basically explore doing tasks for locals finding treasure and trading for other items to progress in the game. you get the power to transform into a ball that will allow you to reach places in the game that were unreachable early in the game. Its like nothing I have played before sorry if I have nothing to compare it to but its not like Mario I would say. I love it personally so much that I thought about giving the developer a little praise on his twitter account. read some reviews on n4g then decide.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Aqua Kitty is pretty awesome, reminds me a lot of Defender. I loved Defender.

I hope Super Crate Box is up next, that looks like another PSM gem.

zulux21

GAF should i buy final fantasy VII?

I always wanted to play it and that price is cool to. How are the battles? I am ok with persona series battles!

if you have wanted to play it then you should likely just get it, absolute worst case you are out $5.

as for the battles, the battles themselves are pretty typical jrpg battles. the big thing ff7 has is the meteria system which allows you to learn new skills and augment your character and what not.

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

or this

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

Thoughts?

JapanGAF as well here. I like the 2nd one, but I ended up just getting a Hori hard case in silver. It offers decent protection for a low price, which is all I need. If you have Bic/Yodobashi points saved up it would be good to use them for one of those Beams cases.

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

or this

JP_Qnavi_Zoom

Thoughts?

Look no further than a suono case. These handmade beauties don't hold a lot, but they look awesome and have never left a scratch on my un-screen-protected Vita since launch. That being said, I have put a minor scratch or two on my being an idiot while cleaning the unit.

The man himself, Yoshida-san, recommended them to me by the way.

zulux21

Where can I find this Aquakitty thing? D: I can't find it and it's not coming up on search!

you have to dig through the horribly laid out ps mobile for it... i think it was in arcade... somewhere near the middle since they can't even manage to sort the titles alphabetically to make it easier to find :/

urfe

Look no further than a suono case. These handmade beauties don't hold a lot, but they look awesome and have never left a scratch on my un-screen-protected Vita since launch. That being said, I have put a minor scratch or two on my being an idiot while cleaning the unit.

The man himself, Yoshida-san, recommended them to me by the way.

Those are nice... I bet if I get one for my Vita, I'll want one for my 3DS LL and MacBook Air as well. They're a little steep though! I was thinking around 3000 yen was steep enough, but 4000 yen is even more so.

They're definitely being thought about. Thanks for the link!

I love the amount of choices for Vita cases. Bloody amazing.

Shoyz

Now that NG3:Razor's Edge is confirmed for PS3/360, suppose that means a good chance for a + Vita version down the line as well?

Top Bottom