• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Fusebox

Banned
Cases schmases, real men let it dangle.

Real men also use the Waterfield Cityslicker!

ps-vita-case-md.jpg

Those are nice... I bet if I get one for my Vita, I'll want one for my 3DS LL and MacBook Air as well. They're a little steep though! I was thinking around 3000 yen was steep enough, but 4000 yen is even more so.

They're definitely being thought about. Thanks for the link!

I love the amount of choices for Vita cases. Bloody amazing.

I don't have a 3DS LL yet, but they are making me a custom (colored) case now. It's gonna look the same as my Vita case inside and out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Toukiden, an Omega Force game announced by Tecmo Koei(or Namco Bandai? I forget.) at TGS that everyone shot down because the teaser was a human hunting a big monster, thus people calling it a monster hunter clone out of the gate.

It's Koei, looks like that yeah, it's some sort of MH type game. 4 People fight monsters. Maybe it'll be more in the vein of PSO/RO.

WORLDTree

Toukiden, an Omega Force game announced by Tecmo Koei(or Namco Bandai? I forget.) at TGS that everyone shot down because the teaser was a human hunting a big monster, thus people calling it a monster hunter clone out of the gate.

Did anyone ever watch TotalBiscut's WTF on Awesomenauts where he talked about "clones" and genres? I thought it was really interesting how things progress from "Doom clone" to "FPS". Will we ever see a point in the near future where games stop being "Monster Hunter clones" and entries in the "Hunting/JARPG Genrewhateverweregoingtocallit"?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Did anyone ever watch TotalBiscut's WTF on Awesomenauts where he talked about "clones" and genres? I thought it was really interesting how things progress from "Doom clone" to "FPS". Will we ever see a point in the near future where games stop being "Monster Hunter clones" and entries in the "Hunting/JARPG Genrewhateverweregoingtocallit"?

I'd be okay with it being called the Coop hunting genre.

And Totalbiscuit totally hit the nail on the head. Kind of like MOBA is now a legitimate genre filled with games that used to be DOTA clones.

kassatsu

Banned
A certain vita game with
birds, guns, and rockets
should get a release date today.

the date rhymes with hexed geek.

Sintoid

How's Knytt Underground?

Great game, I finished it with european plus and I'm going to buy it on PC (it passed Greenlight a few days ago) but quite hard. It's a platform game but not a Mario style, is something like Super Meat Boy but with a very big map, a metroidvania structure (backtracking) and a lot of sidequests. You only have to learn the jump mechanics that initially seem bugged (but they aren't)
It also has a great soundtrack and a very nice graphic

SRTtoZ

Real men also use the Waterfield Cityslicker!

ps-vita-case-md.jpg

I have that case. I also am one of the people who have a testimonial on their site. BEST CASE IVE EVER OWNED.

I also own the official sony soft case and the PDP crystal case. They dont even compare.

Shoyz

In my attempt to 100% all of the games I play I did another reset on Jetpack Joyride (roughly 25,000 coins?), suffered through more glitches in Let's Fish and wound up in the PSN store freebie section hoping for a non-AR break from it all.

Unknowingly downloaded Bejeweled Clone 'Treasures of Montezuma Blitz'. I barely enjoy puzzle games and while I do very much like Tetris and Puyo Puyo, Bejeweled is a game I can't stand. I choke and after a short period of time it all becomes a mess of colors, it's as close as it gets to video game torture short of literally being Hexic or Columns.

It has a trophy for, literally, 100 hours of gametime. /vomit

Im getting sick of the 4GB card. Having to juggle through stuff was easy on the PSP but the Vita takes forever to move and delete things. Im considering getting a higher capacity card...but damn theyre all still so over priced.

ZeroAKA

Im getting sick of the 4GB card. Having to juggle through stuff was easy on the PSP but the Vita takes forever to move and delete things. Im considering getting a higher capacity card...but damn theyre all still so over priced.
I struggled trying to juggle around demos and games with an 8GB card before getting my 32GB. How you managed with 4GB is beyond me.

Number45

I have that case. I also am one of the people who have a testimonial on their site. BEST CASE IVE EVER OWNED.

I also own the official sony soft case and the PDP crystal case. They dont even compare.
Does that thing really secure with poppers?

SRTtoZ

Does that thing really secure with poppers?

Yea and its super quality. Real leather, quality fabric, no cheap zippers or anything and its microfiber inside and the Vita fits snug but not too tight. It has game holders and also a back zipper pouch that can hold more games or whatever you want. Its pricey but every case I bought felt cheap and had flaws.

also the Vita is secure in a pouch when you open it and completely covered. Its not like anything can fall out.

Number45

Yea and its super quality. Real leather, quality fabric, no cheap zippers or anything and its microfiber inside and the Vita fits snug but not too tight. It has game holders and also a back zipper pouch that can hold more games or whatever you want. Its pricey but every case I bought felt cheap and had flaws.

also the Vita is secure in a pouch when you open it and completely covered. Its not like anything can fall out.
I don't want poppers of any kind near anything that I care about. Evil things.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Seems like that Stranger's Wrath HD for Vita hasn't gotten that discount that was supposedly coming in the middle of January yet. ;-)

Top Bottom