• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
After playing the first level of NGS last night (and not beating it), I wish for an Onimusha HD Collection on Vita.

Shoyz

Figured out what the issue was with Let's Fish's framerate/lag: The first stage! I switched over to another stage and the game runs what feels like 5x speed. If I had to be realistic, 3x. Lodge (lag) to Temple (smooth) specifically. Not sure how it went out like this..

Make what you want of the fact that I only found out because I was starting a new challenge on a new save because I didn't get the 'It Begins' trophy to pop: "Started Challenge Mode.". And I again didn't get the trophy afterwards :x

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
onimusha = capcom
capcom = lol on vita

I have a dream.

I have a dream that one day this industry will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all gaming systems are created equal."
...meh.

omg_mjd

So now I'm looking at:

Dissidia 012 Prologus $1.49
Dissidia 012 $9.99
FF IV Complete $9.99
FF VIII $4.99
-------------------------------
$26.46

vs.

Sly Cooper $26.99

vs.

Silent Hill Book of Memories $29.99

I'm not a FF fan, just trying out the series for the second time. (I got FF VII months ago and couldn't get past the graphics and dialogue. Wonderful music though.)

I really liked the Sly Cooper demo.

I really want a dungeon crawler that isn't P4G. (Love the game but I'm already on my second play-through.)

Help?

bradigor

So I just picked up MLB The Show and have a quick question with regards to pitching.

When you select the pitch location, then start the pitch, is that you location set? Or do you need to keep the Left Stick in position throughout? I only ask as it feels a little jittery at the moment.

Also, really liking how it looks on the Vita.

RpgN

about fucking time

Excellent...suddenly there are tons of games at my disposal, it's like I can't breath XD

Just bought Touch my Katamari, A-men and Ridge Racer from the sale. Dokuro should be refunded this week. Aqua Kitty being free on PSM this week. RO next week. That's like 6 games? And that's not considering stuff like Wake Up Club!

topplehat

So now I'm looking at:

Dissidia 012 $9.99
FF IV Complete $9.99
FF VIII $4.99
$26.46

vs.

Sly Cooper $26.99

vs.

I'm not a FF fan, just trying out the series for the second time. (I got FF VII months ago and couldn't get past the graphics and dialogue. Wonderful music though.)

I really want a dungeon crawler that isn't P4G. (Love the game but I'm already on my second play-through.)

Help?

Go for the FF stuff, more games + it's on sale. I'm sure Sly will come down in price and/or have its own sale at some point.

Toma

Phew. I thought you meant free on PS+ for a second there.

bradigor

Any GAF MLB the show impressions flying about here? The price seems decent ATM.

I really like it.

I decided not to run before I can walk, so have put it on easy settings. So I can get used to player tendencies and such.

I really struggle with when I should swing and when I should leave it though, as I can't see when it may be going for a ball.

Overall though, I like how it handles.

kiyomi

Bought myself Unit 13 seeing as it's so cheap. Might pick up Escape Plan as well, not completely sure on it though.

GameE

MLB 13 always crashes for me :\
like every 5 times i play a game it just goes black and I have to restart
happens everyone damn time

Motorstorm RC for £2.15 is a new brainer right? Any DLC I should get?

Also tempted by Super Stardust and Everybody's Golf...

GET IT! Everybody's Golf is damn near my favorite game on the system, and I think it's honestly the best EG yet. Plus they daily international tournaments keep you going back for more.

Toma

Motorstorm RC for £2.15 is a new brainer right? Any DLC I should get?

Also tempted by Super Stardust and Everybody's Golf...

GET IT! Motorstorm RC is damn near my favorite game on the system, and I think it's honestly one of the best games on Vita yet. Plus the highscoring contests with friends keep you going back for more.

(Buy the 2 DLC that add more tracks and ignore the car DLC)

GET IT! Motorstorm RC is damn near my favorite game on the system, and I think it's honestly one of the best games on Vita yet. Plus the highscoring contests with friends keep you going back for more.

(Buy the 2 DLC that add more tracks and ignore the car DLC)

fry.jpeg

Vodh

Have very fond memories of all the Ridge Racer demos since PSX came out, so I bit the bullet on RR Ultimate Edition for a tenner. Also grabbed the Motorstorm RC for 2.15. Anything else I should be getting in this sale?

Have very fond memories of all the Ridge Racer demos since PSX came out, so I bit the bullet on RR Ultimate Edition for a tenner. Also grabbed the Motorstorm RC for 2.15. Anything else I should be getting in this sale?

Yes

GET IT! Everybody's Golf is damn near my favorite game on the system, and I think it's honestly the best EG yet. Plus they daily international tournaments keep you going back for more.

That

Get all three! RC is great and Everybody's Golf is an absolute steal for £6. Lots of content in both those games and fun online functionalities.

huh

but what he said was correct

Agreed. I was merely smirking at the
obviously intentional
likeness of our comments

Mr E.

I really like it.

I decided not to run before I can walk, so have put it on easy settings. So I can get used to player tendencies and such.

I really struggle with when I should swing and when I should leave it though, as I can't see when it may be going for a ball.

Overall though, I like how it handles.
Great, sounds right up my street.
MLB 13 always crashes for me :
like every 5 times i play a game it just goes black and I have to restart
happens everyone damn time
Oh shit! This happening to anyone else ?

So now I'm looking at:

Dissidia 012 $9.99
FF IV Complete $9.99
FF VIII $4.99
$26.46

vs.

Sly Cooper $26.99

vs.

Help?

I can rule out Silent Hill Book of Memories for you. The game is excruciatingly repetitive. The first 2 or 3 levels seem like fun, but then it is just the same thing over and over and over again.

I am really enjoying Sly Cooper. I bought the physical version and maybe it is just my imagination but the loading time seems to be significantly less than the demo. I remember when I booted up the demo and it started to load I got to the point where I was holding down the power button on my Vita because I thought the system froze. It didn't seem like much of an issue in the real game, but maybe that is because I was expecting long load times.

You can't really go wrong with FF IV or FFVIII.

Top Bottom