• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

RpgN

Heh.

I said the maximum I'd pay for RO would be 35 pounds, ideally it would be lovely to have it between 25-30 pounds. Somehow they went a tiny bit below what I was hoping for: 24 pounds. It's awesome to be given a great deal and proven wrong on day of release.

EDIT

Oh, top page!

Get Unit-13, Everybody's Golf and Lumines EU people! They're on sale and there is no excuse to avoid them!

Played a small amount of RO

first impressions are;

It looks like a psp game with improved shaders

It plays pretty well. I'm enjoying it but dunno if ill buy it

omg_mjd

I can rule out Silent Hill Book of Memories for you. The game is excruciatingly repetitive. The first 2 or 3 levels seem like fun, but then it is just the same thing over and over and over again.

I am really enjoying Sly Cooper. I bought the physical version and maybe it is just my imagination but the loading time seems to be significantly less than the demo. I remember when I booted up the demo and it started to load I got to the point where I was holding down the power button on my Vita because I thought the system froze. It didn't seem like much of an issue in the real game, but maybe that is because I was expecting long load times.

You can't really go wrong with FF IV or FFVIII.

Thanks for the feedback on Silent Hill. I tried the demo and liked the combat and RPG elements but was hoping there was more to the game than that. Crossing it off my list.

AwRy108

Played a small amount of RO

first impressions are;

It looks like a psp game with improved shaders

It plays pretty well. I'm enjoying it but dunno if ill buy it

First Vita game purchase that I almost totally regret. Game is a huge ball of wasted potential--save your money and buy Phantasy Star Portable 2 on the original PSP.

VanWinkle

Still coming out in EU next month. Too bad for you apparently, huh?

Well you know, you can't have a game playing like a PS2 game. Although, if its a port of an old Xbox game from the same time with no change in gameplay, you have to recommend it to everyone. (Just messing with you Chilly...kind of.)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bentleys Hackpack has a decent amount of content. 3-4 minigames with 25 levels or so each and each level has a good amount of replayability due to 5 missions in each level.

You can then unlock some items/trophies with the achieved mission coins. Well done and quite good for 3 bucks.

Hanmik

so how do you buy a game that has a trial.. say you download the game trial.. it is added to your download list. And now it is gone from the store.. how do you buy it then..?

VanWinkle

Bentleys Hackpack has a decent amount of content. 3-4 minigames with 25 levels or so each and each level has a good amount of replayability due to 5 missions in each level.

You can then unlock some items/trophies with the achieved mission coins. Well done and quite good for 3 bucks.

Yeah it's got a decent amount of content for sure. I didn't have any problem paying $2.99 for that.

AwRy108

Yeah it's got a decent amount of content for sure. I didn't have any problem paying $2.99 for that.

Well worth the price, tho it uses the same engine as the full game of Sly 4, so the initial loading time is atrocious.
LLShC.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Well worth the price, tho it uses the same engine as the full game of Sly 4, so the initial loading time is atrocious.
LLShC.gif

Unfortunately, not only the initial loading time. Switching between games takes a bit too long as well. But yeah, its a decent release, especially compared to the PSHome minigames.

Toma

Aw... why couldn't they put Motorstorm RC Complete on sale? :( Is the base game worth buying alone or is the dlc super awesome?

The DLC is exactly as awesome as the base game. The base game can keep you busy for 50-100 hours as well. So no worry, grab the DLC when you finish the base game or its on sale.

Hanmik

so how do you buy a game that has a trial.. say you download the game trial.. it is added to your download list. And now it is gone from the store.. how do you buy it then..?

can anybody answer me..?

because I would like to buy RAYMAN ORIGINS.. but this shit is on my store..

VUmGl8D.jpg

I cant buy it because I allready purchased it.. problem is.. IT IS A FUCKING TRIAL..

Toma

can anybody answer me..?

because I would like to buy RAYMAN ORIGINS.. but this shit is on my store..

I cant buy it because I allready purchased it.. problem is.. IT IS A FUCKING TRIAL..

Getting the same error on the Vita store? Otherwise you might need to contact Sony Support.

Well you know, you can't have a game playing like a PS2 game. Although, if its a port of an old Xbox game from the same time with no change in gameplay, you have to recommend it to everyone. (Just messing with you Chilly...kind of.)

You know what, no, I love you but no.

Yes it's true that Oddworld is, quite literally, a last (last?) gen game with a new paint of coat, but it's a testament to its quality that it still holds up. Is it perfect? GOD NO. The camera isn't always responsive, the mechanics can be overwhelmingly repetitive and the "aiming" is totally off when not in first person.

That being said, the art, the world the narrative all just clicked for me. It may also have to do with the fact that I never touched an Oddworld game before whilst I did play every Sly game before. Still, the magic I felt in Sly 1 I couldn't find in Sly 4...be it antiquated gameplay or otherwise.

VanWinkle

You know what, no, I love you but no.

Yes it's true that Oddworld is, quite literally, a last (last?) gen game with a new paint of coat, but it's a testament to its quality that it still holds up. Is it perfect? GOD NO. The camera isn't always responsive, the mechanics can be overwhelmingly repetitive and the "aiming" is totally off when not in first person.

That being said, the art, the world the narrative all just clicked for me. It may also have to do with the fact that I never touched an Oddworld game before whilst I did play every Sly game before. Still, the magic I felt in Sly 1 I couldn't find in Sly 4...be it antiquated gameplay or otherwise.

I loved Stranger's Wrath HD. I don't disagree one bit. However, you let a tiny demo - a prologue before the game actually starts - affect your entire opinion on the Sly 4. If you don't like the game, then that's fine, there are others that feel the same; but I don't think the fact that the gameplay elements being similar to those in the PS2 days is a proper complaint.

Toma

Knights of the round?

More monster hunter clones.....

Considering we dont have ANY of these games atm, I dont quite get the complaints. People seem to be fed up with the genre before playing even one game on the platform.

Anilusion

There's like 100 dlc for Motorstorm RC. Which ones actually include content other than new cars? And are the cars anything special or just basically new skins?

Vodh

Holy shit, if you buy the ultimate edition of Ridge Racer Vita you still have to manually download all the DLC tracks, cars and music... Took me a fucking hour, what a terrible logistic nightmare. But hey, since I've bought the game might as well...

On the bright side, the game itself is great. Just what I expected from a Ridge Racer :) RR, pls never change :')

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Vita owners have to make do with MH clones since we're not getting a real MH game anytime soon. (I want both of them.)

Monster Hunter sucks big balls anyway.

however an MH like game that fix the problems and outdated systems (like God Eater) is good thing and gamers should welcome that, but a shitty boring clone that even copy the same issues in MH and don't take advantage of the hardware like that Garbagerok Odyssey is a no-no,and no one should support that horrible cloning job.

Toma

There's like 100 dlc for Motorstorm RC. Which ones actually include content other than new cars? And are the cars anything special or just basically new skins?

The cars are all just skins, you need Pro-Am Festival and Carnival Festival for more tracks.

zroid

Banned
Question:

I want to buy FF Tactics WOTL, but I already have it from a previous free PS+ download. So when I try to purchase it outright, it just downloads the game instead. What to do... :?

Question:

I want to buy FF Tactics WOTL, but I already have it from a previous free PS+ download. So when I try to purchase it outright, it just downloads the game instead. What to do... :?
Say fuck Sony and leave it at that.

I don't think Sony fixed that shit yet, so you might be SOL

btkadams

Holy shit, if you buy the ultimate edition of Ridge Racer Vita you still have to manually download all the DLC tracks, cars and music... Took me a fucking hour, what a terrible logistic nightmare. But hey, since I've bought the game might as well...

On the bright side, the game itself is great. Just what I expected from a Ridge Racer :) RR, pls never change :')

there's an ultimate edition? how much is it? i love ridge racer games but i was really turned off by the high price of admission before.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Question:

backup save? delete the free ps+ one? download paid one? annoying? yes.

Top Bottom