• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

imaginary Bioshock Vita is not/will not be Bioshock Infinite.

this game is the same game but with few different levels.

No it's not, that's what I'm saying.

It has a different perspective a different campaign and different physics.

At least according to the developer

Top of page; if your in EU land then buy P4G in two weeks!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone seen this Urban Trial gameplay video on Vita?

I love this type of games. One of the reasons why i regret not having an xbox is Trials. I do hope it's more skill based gameplay instead of stunt based. I assume this isn't cross-buy? Might get it on the ps3 in that case if it's good.

That looks incredibly good. Better than what I expected in fact. Great production values too. Yes, very nice indeed. 8 tracks for 5 different locales apparently. 40 tracks is decent, but I hope they expand on it with DLC.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That looks incredibly good. Better than what I expected in fact. Great production values too. Yes, very nice indeed. 8 tracks for 5 different locales apparently. 40 tracks is decent, but I hope they expand on it with DLC.

They will if it's a success. Isn't this the same XBLA Trials team?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Its an unknown indie studio,as far as I know. And considering its their first try, it looks pretty damn solid.
Nope..© and published 2013 by Tate Multimedia S.A. Developed by Tate Interactive and Strangelands.

huh...

*go to google*

http://www.tatemultimedia.com/en/games/

okladka.jpg
okladka.jpg

okladka.jpg

so it's a studio that makes Shovelwares.

Certinty

The story of Persona 4 intrigue me however I dislike turn based combat. Don't really know if I should go for it or not in a few weeks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The story of Persona 4 intrigue me however I dislike turn based combat. Don't really know if I should go for it or not in a few weeks.

Combat is only half of the game, if there is any game that might get you through combat which you might not like all that much, its P4. So much other stuff to do and the stories and characters are really interesting.

Dynamic3

Am I crazy or are the aspect ratios for 'original' and 'custom with maintain aspect ratio checked' different when playing psone games? It seems original is the correct aspect, yet I would like to enlarge the image enough to touch the top and bottom of the screen.

Certinty

Combat is only half of the game, if there is any game that might get you through combat which you might not like all that much, its P4. So much other stuff to do and the stories and characters are really interesting.
Thanks, I will get this then. Will it be hard to complete the game if I'm clueless with the combat though?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Thanks, I will get this then. Will it be hard to complete the game if I'm clueless with the combat though?

if you just want the story and don't want to bother with the combat and fusing or anything, then play with with the very easy difficulty since with that you can't die,just enjoy the story( story is fantastic).

Certinty

if you just want the story and don't want to bother with the combat and fusing or anything, then play with with the very easy difficulty since with that you can't die,just enjoy the story( story is fantastic).
Oh great, didn't know about that. Thanks, will actually preorder it now.

Much appreciated guys! :)

How sad...someone else dislikes turn based combat. I feel lonely in my preference of turn based combat. Although random encounters can go play in traffic, I love that in Persona 4 you can see the enemies and even get the jump on them very easily for an advantage.

If you are concerned about the combat, I find P4G to be incredibly easy. Especially as you go along and build social links and unlock skills for Rise. Early on SP management is a giant issue but then Rise makes that much less of an issue.

Tizoc

Speaking of turn based.

Final Fantasy IX looks nice on the Vita, especially with bilinear filtering, but...is it me or do the models look 'pixelated'?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Top 10 Vita games of January: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...p-sellers-the-unfinished-swan-finishes-first/

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
Sound Shapes PS Vita
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita
Mortal Kombat PS Vita
Need for Speed Most Wanted PS Vita
MotorStorm RC PS Vita
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

Had to remind them on the blog post that the Vita's top download list hadn't been updated since October - Retro City Rampage still up top.

Toma

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable wow
Persona 4 Golden no surprise
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD not a big surprise
Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita huh?
Sound Shapes PS Vita wow
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita wow
Mortal Kombat PS Vita ??
Need for Speed Most Wanted PS Vita not a big surprise
MotorStorm RC PS Vita Nice to see its still selling
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita no surprise

Random thoughts.

Top 10 Vita games of January: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...p-sellers-the-unfinished-swan-finishes-first/

Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD
Plants vs. Zombies PS Vita
Sound Shapes PS Vita
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS Vita
Mortal Kombat PS Vita
Need for Speed Most Wanted PS Vita
MotorStorm RC PS Vita
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita

Had to remind them on the blog post that the Vita's top download list hadn't been updated since October - Retro City Rampage still up top.

Ill be interested to see the EU version,

EDF at the top is crazy!

Also that trials footage looks very very promising, bike seems heavy though

Toma

How sad...someone else dislikes turn based combat. I feel lonely in my preference of turn based combat. Although random encounters can go play in traffic, I love that in Persona 4 you can see the enemies and even get the jump on them very easily for an advantage.

If you are concerned about the combat, I find P4G to be incredibly easy. Especially as you go along and build social links and unlock skills for Rise. Early on SP management is a giant issue but then Rise makes that much less of an issue.

Turn based combat is best combat. Period. It allows for more tactical gameplay, you can usually play it in short bursts even when being busy with other stuff, and if necessary you can usually play it with a single hand.

Turn based combat is best combat. Period. It allows for more tactical gameplay, you can usually play it in short bursts even when being busy with other stuff, and if necessary you can usually play it with a single hand.

We need more of it on the machine. And I don't just mean the usual SRPGs and whatnot. I suspect we're in high agreement, Toma!

Toma

We need more of it on the machine. And I don't just mean the usual SRPGs and whatnot. I suspect we're in high agreement, Toma!

Dont know about you, but getting this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511164
is like my Vita wet dream. Even done by a developer who proved to be apt at making Vita games/adaptations.

<3

IwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebetaIwantinthebeta.

Wouldnt mind Civs, Paradox light or Jagged Alliance either, though.

It's also a overpriced niche game

With no marketing I've seen. I'd say its actually PRETTY surprising it sells this well.

kiyomi

Turn based combat is best combat. Period. It allows for more tactical gameplay, you can usually play it in short bursts even when being busy with other stuff

For handhelds in particular, I think so. Even though you can stop the action just by hitting the PS button on the Vita, a game where it comes to be your turn and you don't have to worry about the implications of going back in and starting it again, is really nice. That's why stuff like Disgaea and Persona work well, I think. You can just do what you need to do in a battle, check messages or whatever, and not be concerned with being caught off guard.

I'm glad you posted that Frozen Synapse link, I'd already forgotten it was coming. I need to learn how to play the PC version first!

and if necessary you can usually play it with a single hand

uh-huh

Toma

For handhelds in particular, I think so. Even though you can stop the action just by hitting the PS button on the Vita, a game where it comes to be your turn and you don't have to worry about the implications of going back in and starting it again, is really nice. That's why stuff like Disgaea and Persona work well, I think. You can just do what you need to do in a battle, check messages or whatever, and not be concerned with being caught off guard.

I'm glad you posted that Frozen Synapse link, I'd already forgotten it was coming. I need to learn how to play the PC version first!

uh-huh

Seriously, double the productivity if you only need one hand to play games. The other hand can do... things.
Also, feel free to chat me up if you want a pro crash course on how to play FS.

Mr. Black

Banned
Ill be interested to see the EU version,

EDF at the top is crazy!

Also that trials footage looks very very promising, bike seems heavy though

EU top ten according the PlayStation Blog:
1. Oddworld: Stranger&#8217;s Wrath HD (1)
2. Retro City Rampage (New)
3. Table Top Tanks (RE)
4. Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified (3)
5. Table Ice Hockey (RE)
6. MotorStorm RC (10)
7. Uncharted: Fight for Fortune (2)
8. Assassin&#8217;s Creed III: Liberation (5)
9. Plants vs. Zombies (RE)
10. LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (7)

Call of Duty BlOps: Declassified doesn't deserve that spot. :(

zulux21

I dig turn base
i dig real time
i dig hybrids when well done (for example I enjoyed eternal sonata's combat)

really as long as the combat is either interesting and engaging or simple enough that I can multitask (turn based in general) I dig it...

I don't dig slow srpg movement (where the characters take a while to walk around, or where i can't get through moves at least as fast as I can as disgaea with move animations turned on (I tend to turn them off) ) and I don't like ff13's combat, beyond that there isn't much rpg combat I dislike.

also hehe the top anticipated vita title in japan is Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus according to this

Toma

Is that too bad though? If it makes Bamco decide that Vita owners are willing to pay a premium and give Tales of Innocence/Hearts R a shot at full price digital only, isn't that better than them not bringing over niche games at all?

That wasnt his point. It was about us arguing with Toto that its actually surprising to see it sell so well.

dan2026

Is that too bad though? If it makes Bamco decide that Vita owners are willing to pay a premium and give Tales of Innocence/Hearts R a shot at full price digital only, isn't that better than them not bringing over niche games at all?

Yes and no.

They are shooting themselves in the foot pricing high.
Sony have zero understanding of competitive pricing.

wilflare

Vita.. dropped twice today...
paranoia approaches..

can I check with GAF - does the home screen bubbles/icons tilt as you tile the Vita left/right?

I vaguely remember it working this way... but it no longer does

namDa65

I bought xbox live gold for 3 months after a 2 year hiatus last night and had a blast on party chat. I miss party chat... anyone actually use this feature on vita?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
If its on Vita, the devs usually shout VITA, since it will give them some PR. Usually PSN means PS3.

ah good to know.

i just always associate psn with vita now, esp since its in the thread title. i just always think that any psn games can work on vita as long as the dev makes it compatible.

Toma

Vita.. dropped twice today...
paranoia approaches..

can I check with GAF - does the home screen bubbles/icons tilt as you tile the Vita left/right?

I vaguely remember it working this way... but it no longer does

You are imagining things ;)
ah good to know.

i just always associate psn with vita now, esp since its in the thread title. i just always think that any psn games can work on vita as long as the dev makes it compatible.

Thats probably true, but I guess the public opinion of Vita only having sold 3 copies is probably too pervasive.

Noi

Yes and no.

They are shooting themselves in the foot pricing high.
Sony have zero understanding of competitive pricing.

No, you just want to buy the games for cheap. D3 Publisher (Not Sony) know exactly what they're doing, it's basic business 101. Why set the entry price low when you have people willing to pay more for your product? As the results show, people were willing to pay the $40 for EDF. Now they're free to either pick up more higher price latecomers, or lower the barrier of entry for people who weren't willing to jump in at $40. They've made more money this way than by having the game priced at $20 from the start.

If anything, Sony are one of the few publishers who do day one discounts for their digital versions of Vita games. But then again, they don't have to pay royalties for releasing a game on the system cause it's their own hardware.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Has anyone here tried Bentley's Hack Pack on the PS3 and Vita? I like the Vita version but it feels like there's a big input lag (because of the frame rate?). Is there less input lag on the PS3 version? In an arcade game weight is fine - input lag not so much.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Has anyone here tried Bentley's Hack Pack on the PS3 and Vita? I like the Vita version but it feels like there's a big input lag (because of the frame rate?). Is there less input lag on the PS3 version? In an arcade game weight is fine - input lag not so much.

a few pages back someone said they were liking it. thought the length was good and were actually enjoying the minigames, which i believe had some challenge to them as well.

but thats all i can remember or atleast think i remember.

Top Bottom